• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

While his active is good for Kirin, his color is not optimal.

Sure, but I like his active more than the alternative items that work in no RCV dungeons (i.e. Athena or GrOdin) Valk typically has that spot, but with no RCV she loses a ton of her effectiveness.

I actually brought him to challenge dungeon 6 so that I could not get screwed by Wadatsumi.

I have a choice of leaders to fully focus on soon

DMeta - already fully awoken to the new ultimate evo. Lv. 96 +45 eggs
Amaterasu - un evolved.
Karin - new ultimate evo'ed already, lv. 96 +6 eggs
Idunn&Idunna - not ultimate evo'ed yet
BSonia - not evolved. just pulled this one

I just pulled a Neptune as well not long ago so I was thinking ...

If I ultimate evo'ed Amaterasu to Attackerasu and then had a Grodin friend, I could put together a team that looked something like this ...

Leader - Attackerasu x3 ATK
Sub 1 - Neptune
Sub 2 - Arbiter of Judgement, Metatron x 3ATK
Sub 3 - King Flamie x3 ATK
Sub 4 - Gryps Rider Finn x3 ATK
Sub 5 - Grodin

I put it together in PadHerder, theoretical not actual

https://www.padherder.com/user/IAmRandom31/teams/#135532;maxed

19k health, 80% full health damage reduction, 7k healing each turn as long as orbs are matched each turn, further damage reduction from DMeta active, orb changing with Gryps, x3 burst damage for attackers with Flamie and then 10x poison with Neptune.

So with that x10 poison with neptune, it shows my total attack at 11,560. So my poison would be doing 115,600 each turn?

How viable would this team be you guys think? As long as the enemy doesn't double hit you, I could see it as a pretty strong team. Especially with the burst damage and orb enhancing of DMeta. If the enemy does do a double strike, maybe I could use DMeta to reduce the damage enough to survive the 2nd hit. With 19k health, should be doable.

Oh and the game is toying with me. After 2 years I finally get a Sonia but it is a Blue Sonia lol

J0dy77

Stayed up for the midnight Tamdra last night, spent a couple of stones and had a level up saved. Really wanted to get my Neptune team up and going, needed a ton of Tamdras and would have helped last event with the challenge dungeons.

Didn't really keep track of what dropped because I was feeding away the Babies 5 at a clip but I was able to fully awaken, Sun Quan, Viper Orochi, Karin and Hermes just from primarily babies (23 in total). For every 5 I fed I got at least two and a few times 3 awakenings. The Baby Tamdra feed rate seems to be around 40%, which isn't too bad. I've been feeding all babies with the exception of 1 or 2 the last few events.

Now I just need to get Awoken Hera going to help with damage and RCV. This team could be really strong but the lack of RCV really scares me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Missing Keysubs like Hatsume...but screw it - i will just try to farm Andromeda/Lui Bei Skill ups for the next 2 weeks and see if its worth the effort after i skill up.

Was gonna try Perseus first but he doesnt seem to that great of Row leader since he only has +1 Awakening. If i pull this off this will be my first Row based team and max skilled leader ( well if 2 weeks are enough to farm material).

Dont have Liu Bei either...but he will be essential for my Verdandi team if i ever get him.

Need measure how much can be accomplished if you focus on skilling up one leader during such events and if its worth the effort.

tr4656

Missing Keysubs like Hatsume...but screw it - i will just try to farm Andromeda/Lui Bei Skill ups for the next 2 weeks and see if its worth the effort after i skill up.

Was gonna try Perseus first but he doesnt seem to that great of Row leader since he only has +1 Awakening. If i pull this off this will be my first Row based team and max skilled leader ( well if 2 weeks are enough to farm material).

Dont have Liu Bei either...but he will be essential for my Verdandi team if i ever get him.

Need measure how much can be accomplished if you focus on skilling up one leader during such events and if its worth the effort.

It;s okay, while Hatsume is pretty great, you can do without it.

cw_sasuke

It;s okay, while Hatsume is pretty great, you can do without it.

Good to hear and i might get her down the line - just important for me to take the opportunity and focus on skilling up a leader to have a solid foundation. Getting the right subs down the line is possible.

I will have Andromeda/ Friend Andromeda/ Sun Quan / Blue Valk as the base. Thats 7 +Water Rows if im right.

Played around a bit with Rows and Andromeda and i kinda dig this kind of leader since its a more relaxed playstyle compaired to combo leader or TPA focused teams - ZEN like heh.

Lets see how this turns out and how much i will have after those 2 weeks.

After finally giving Vegitto a fair shake over the weekend I overwrote my Kirin team with him. Dude pumps out crazier damage and the team comps are similar.

Starting to think Boisterous Dance needs a big buff. Kirin's leader skill and awakenings alone don't bring enough to the table when other similar leads provide 2x much faster charging and more useful actives.

tr4656

Good to hear and i might get her down the line - just important for me to take the opportunity and focus on skilling up a leader to have a solid foundation. Getting the right subs down the line is possible.

I will have Andromeda/ Friend Andromeda/ Sun Quan / Blue Valk as the base. Thats 7 +Water Rows if im right.

Played around a bit with Rows and Andromeda and i kinda dig this kind of leader since its a more relaxed playstyle compaired to combo leader or TPA focused teams - ZEN like heh.

Lets see how this turns out and how much i will have after those 2 weeks.
If you need an Andro friend, I run her sometimes.
ID: 372,975,257

After finally giving Vegitto a fair shake over the weekend I overwrote my Kirin team with him. Dude pumps out crazier damage and the team comps are similar.

Starting to think Boisterous Dance needs a big buff. Kirin's leader skill and awakenings alone don't bring enough to the table when other similar leads provide 2x much faster charging and more useful actives.
While getting a buff would be great, I could wait a bit still for a new uvo or something. Still clearing most content with her fine.

ZeroAKA

I somehow managed to 0-stone Hera-Sowilo Mythical with my less than ideal Kirin team. It's also my first Mythical clear with Kirin, so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now.

Oh right this update also brings adventurer leader skills and leaving the other leader up when you use one friend's leader. Also being able to check active skill base/max level cooldown from the card screen.

Quantum

is odin (blodin) uvo with this update?

uvo was 2 months ago in jpn I believe - I'd love to see it happen - would breath some life into my blonia team - which I hardly used anymore.

second question - urd, are any hybrid teams actually viable? it seems that almost every team is a variation is red/attacker teams for the atk boost sacrificing the blue bonus to hp/rcv which kinda nullifies the use.

(unless of course you have multiple urd/nim).

I'm thinking about a urd/urd/rodin/kagu/xxx/urd but the team is missing a multiplier. likely have to run and atk team without kagu and incorporating flamie which kinda bums me out - I don't have nim (yet).

Wondering if I should put my saved up +'s on Beelezebub even though I've been building up my U+Y. I use him a lot more than U+Y, so I think it would make sense

jay23

I somehow managed to 0-stone Hera-Sowilo Mythical with my less than ideal Kirin team. It's also my first Mythical clear with Kirin, so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now.

What does your kirin team look like? I might give it a shot later.

is odin (blodin) uvo with this update?

uvo was 2 months ago in jpn I believe - I'd love to see it happen - would breath some life into my blonia team - which I hardly used anymore.
Looking forward to the Blodin uvo, especially once his active gets the buff. I have a shiny new Blonia to go with him, so I have some options. Thinking about a TPA/row hybrid team that looks like:

Blodin, Blonia, U&Y, BValk, Bubblie/Orochi/Berry Dragon, Skuld

Should be basically a blue version of a Beelzebub team. The fourth sub slot could vary base on the dungeon. This should be a pretty effective farm team if I can get some Skuld friends.

Blodin will also have a permenant slot on my U&Y team after the active buff. Some I'm thinking of making him or Blonia my next +297. Blonia will also be on my Okuni team, but I don't know if she's worth the investment.

I may post my padherder sometime soon to get opinions on who I should hypermax next.

CB9c-Y9UAAAm4D5.jpg:medium

one-time dungeon that gives "a lot of rank exp" on clear.

cw_sasuke

Discipline committee member Athena
God / Attacker
Same active, Glitter of Aegis
LS: 3x ATK and a HP boost to Wood attribute cards

efqeqypxujd6.jpg

I need her :eek:

If you need an Andro friend, I run her sometimes.
ID: 372,975,257

Tried adding you but your list is full then again i I wont start using her until i have her skilled up and the subs ready.

J0dy77

Glasses and not glasses Athena are identical asides from monster book number and name, which makes them godlike no dupe dungeon pairs.

Honor Student Isis
AS: Quick Heal
LS: Boost ATK when matching 3+ attr, up to 4xATK with 5 attr. Increase Healer/Attacker HP/ATK by a very small amount
https://mobile.twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/585348212598276096

What's the deal with these student characters? Are they a separate REM machine or drops through dungeons?

razterik

Doesn't look like there's a pre-evolution for these Academy cards. All 7*s will mean these are incredibly rare, like Bikini Tron. 300 pulls each, hahaha.

smbu2000

Finally made my Awoken Venus, yay! Was planning on giving her the shynpys that I had, but I may save them for Awoken Ra instead.

Cleared Thoth/Sopdet mythical on both of my accounts and finally picked up Sopdets on each one. Just need to evolve them and the sphinx and I can have my new Ra. (need to devolve them as well) Going to devolve my L/L Ra (iPhone) and I will keep the L/L Ra (max skilled) on my iPad and devolve the L/D Ra I also have on it.

Finally, evolved my Cell as well. He was definitely a pain compared to the other Gold eggs. First get him to level 50 (700k exp), then get him to level 70 (1.66 million exp) then he goes back to level one and I can finally uevo him to perfect cell. At least his evo mats were easy to get, with the uevo only requiring a devilit.
Luckily I still had a green Noel, so an easy 3 million exp after (max of 4 million) and he's almost levelled up.
Gotenks is fully levelled as well and getting close with Uub, too.

Very close to 297'ing my LKali, just need a couple of more HP plus eggs.

cw_sasuke

Since i will need a a couple of Sapphilit down the line to evo the Water Sprite - what is generally the most efficient way to gather them ? Friday Dungeon ?

Should be cleared now.

Cool send you an invite.

J0dy77

Hope you guys enjoy your Archangel Lucifers and Amaterasus!
the awoken ults have decreased the possible troll rolls that might get voted in so I'd be more worried about dupes

Don't you put that Evil on me Ricky Bobby!!!

I pulled a L. Kali and Ronia on my JP account during this last godfest with 4 rolls. I'm praying I can get anything close to that. I really, really want a L. Kali for a Ra team on the US.

My biggest wants right now are L. Kali, Grodin. I don't really care about much else at this point. Chester was my biggest need and I got him last event (still shocked) and Ronia of my own would be nice but not required.

Now that I think about it, I may be better off waiting for the OP leads Gladus, Tiffon and those guys to come over.

hermit7

Finally made my Awoken Venus, yay! Was planning on giving her the shynpys that I had, but I may save them for Awoken Ra instead.

Cleared Thoth/Sopdet mythical on both of my accounts and finally picked up Sopdets on each one. Just need to evolve them and the sphinx and I can have my new Ra. (need to devolve them as well) Going to devolve my L/L Ra (iPhone) and I will keep the L/L Ra (max skilled) on my iPad and devolve the L/D Ra I also have on it.

Finally, evolved my Cell as well. He was definitely a pain compared to the other Gold eggs. First get him to level 50 (700k exp), then get him to level 70 (1.66 million exp) then he goes back to level one and I can finally uevo him to perfect cell. At least his evo mats were easy to get, with the uevo only requiring a devilit.
Luckily I still had a green Noel, so an easy 3 million exp after (max of 4 million) and he's almost levelled up.
Gotenks is fully levelled as well and getting close with Uub, too.

Very close to 297'ing my LKali, just need a couple of more HP plus eggs.

Have all the materials for venus. Hopefully she will be released for NA soon. Blue Odin would also be good to have.

J0dy77

Since i will need a a couple of Sapphilit down the line to evo the Water Sprite - what is generally the most efficient way to gather them ? Friday Dungeon ?

Cool send you an invite.

Friday dungeon is the only way to go for me. I've tried running the low level dungeons on 1/2 stamina but the drops end up still being rare. Average would be about 15 stamina per drop, at least. With the Friday dungeon you'll average 1 about every 10 stamina spent and can go on runs where you pick up a couple or even 3 per run.

While I was trying to skill up Yamato looking for red I could not stop getting blues. I must have sold over 70 of them during the process.

Tobe

Just realized that i need like 6 ancient blue mask. Jeez i still need to find a wsy to clear that dungeon consistently. It's the only one tbat i dont have somethibg reliable. Maybe i should invest in leveling up one of my 3 lucis.

cw_sasuke

Outside of Friday Dungeon, Dungeon of Water on 1/2 stamina is the best.

Thanks, will give Dungeon of Water a shot if the Friday dungeon isnt enough.

Friday dungeon is the only way to go for me. I've tried running the low level dungeons on 1/2 stamina but the drops end up still being rare. Average would be about 15 stamina per drop, at least. With the Friday dungeon you'll average 1 about every 10 stamina spent and can go on runs where you pick up a couple or even 3 per run.

While I was trying to skill up Yamato looking for red I could not stop getting blues. I must have sold over 70 of them during the process.

Sounds like i should try to focus on Friday dungeons if possible, but i will give Dungeon of Water a try - might have a different experience.

What i wanted to ask...how much Fairys did you end up getting after the 2 weeks of farming and how much did you needed to max skill Yamato ? Just want to have some kind of reference.

FZZ

Banned
I only have 4 fairies. Wtf Gungho, I've done like 9 runs on Master and 5 on Expert.

Drop rate pls.

Edit: 10 runs now :x and nada

NineH

Just realized that i need like 6 ancient blue mask. Jeez i still need to find a wsy to clear that dungeon consistently. It's the only one tbat i dont have somethibg reliable. Maybe i should invest in leveling up one of my 3 lucis.

Double Luci and having 5 skill lock resist awakenings make the wednesday dungeon trivial for me. The only negative is stalling to get the Lucis up for the final floor but it is pretty easy this way.

Pretty much any team with 5x skill lock resist and good burst takes the dungeon free. I've done it leading with Bastet, GZL, Kushinada, Verdandi, Horus, etc.

Top Bottom