• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sorry if i asked already but thats the best spot to get a quick answer. The evo material skill changes will be around for 2 weeks right ? I was gonna focus on Blue Sprites but getting Verdandi skill ups would be nice too...who knows when it will be back. Or will this be a regular thing from now on ?

Should be a new event....

Let's see if we'll get something amazing in light of this.

Might be wrong but it looks more difficult than the last one if the PADX stages are legit. Havent tried most of the bosses.

linsivvi

Sorry if i asked already but thats the best spot to get a quick answer. The evo material skill changes will be around for 2 weeks right ? I was gonna focus on Blue Sprites but getting Verdandi skill ups would be nice too...who knows when it will be back. Or will this be a regular thing from now on ?

Might be wrong but it looks more difficult than the last one if the PADX stages are legit. Havent tried most of the bosses.

Oh the rewards for the challenge dungeon should be the same as the JP one. I am just hoping for a better event overall to make up for the mess.

cw_sasuke

Finally cleared the Thursday Dungeon mythical, of course the drop is not the red one, but at least i have it on farm mode!

Congrats - which team are you using ? Only got recently into farming it as well thanks to Athena, but Verdandi works fine as well.
Oh the rewards for the challenge dungeon should be the same as the JP one. I am just hoping for a better event overall to make up for the mess.

Ah ok - yeah would be cool if we get a nice event going with it.

Jagernaut

The evo mat skill changes will last for a month. The changes will come back in the future, this is the 2nd time we could skill up Norns/Kalis.

cw_sasuke

The evo mat skill changes will last for a month. The changes will come back in the future, this is the 2nd time we could skill up Norns/Kalis.

Cool thanks, first time im witnessing Norn skill ups being avaible. A month is enough time to take it slow and to continue my Blue Fairy hunt.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Congrats - which team are you using ? Only got recently into farming it as well thanks to Athena, but Verdandi works fine as well.

Ah ok - yeah would be cool if we get a nice event going with it.

Used a team with Shiva Horus Echidna(3skill) Gigas Ronia Rodin

It was far from standard but did the job without problems

Jagernaut

I decided to wait for 2.5x for Verdandi and LZL feeds but puzzledragonx shows the event tomorrow only has 2x skillup. Now they will clog my box until tomorrow.

Quantum

Got really lucky during 2x skillup last night. Maxed my second L.Kali with only 9 feeds. And I was debating waiting for 2.5x instead. Glad I didn't.

are you leading with L.kali? how are you liking the play style - I've read how she is such a wonderful lead and I tried for awhile and feel she is situational

- I haven't invested in plussing the team, but have what I believe to be one of the ideal teams (Lkali/Lkali/quan(b/g)/yomi(d/l)/fuma/Lkali)

elsewhere - there should be a US unlike event - where gungho continues to ignore the US servers while the facebook sheep unlike the company - wonder if that would have repercussions.

Jeez, everyone is getting their panties in a twist. I'm sure gungho will province compensation- take a deep breath. It will be OK!

I can see both sides of it - this game has recently surpassed anarchy online as the most I've ever paid to play - at almost 2 dollars per day at this point - and I can relate to the angry mobs that want to burn down the offices at gungho for the shitty treatment of the US players - from a non- IAP standpoint its easy to say there is too much agro against a free game
- from someone who has spent more than a grand to keep everyone else playing I think there are certain rights I have as a player - or certain things I've come to expect from a company - certainly these expectations have not been met and the terrible communication that is initiated in JPN and simply dismissed by Gungho USA really makes me feel like shit - I feel like an idiot supporting a company that constantly lets me down.

I'm not sure that gungho wants its biggest supporters feeling like crap - but I think they currently do =/ - I don't see them rushing out to explain or help us - rather talk about stability while throttling the US for profits - something I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago.

razterik

Haha. Ran Trifruits six times on JP yesterday. Need red for Ronia and green for Verdandi.

Got six blue drops.

Can I get some Dark Trons up for Star Vault in twenty minutes? Stupid early. Thanks.

are you leading with L.kali? how are you liking the play style - I've read how she is such a wonderful lead and I tried for awhile and feel she is situational.
Not yet. I have all the pieces except D.Kali(but she's not crucial) but my Sakuya team is stronger since it's fully +egged. Plus there are many more Sakuyas on my friend list than L.Kalis. Maybe that'll change when she gets her ultimate. When I do use her though I mentally struggle to clear out Wood orbs instead of Dark.

Jagernaut

Used a team with Shiva Horus Echidna(3skill) Gigas Ronia Rodin

It was far from standard but did the job without problems

Any fire team with 9x or higher atk and max skilled orb changers will destroy the Mythical plant dungeon. My current team:

SYmmWPw.jpg

9 skill boosts, 5 fire row enhance, everyone but Hera-Ur is max skilled.

seady

Are the updates in the US version falling more and more behind from the Japanese version?

It seems they two are getting farther and farther apart now. It seems there are so many descended in the JP version that are not yet in the US version yet. We don't even have gold-Sonia yet and it was in the Japanese version since January.

We've always been that far behind in descendeds, assuming Japan gets ~2 new ones per month we're about 3 months behind.

We're kinda stuck right now cause the next planned descended, Medjra, has a new gimmick that allegedly wasn't programmed in until 7.5. Could always skip it for Sonia Gran, but that also has a new gimmick.

Jagernaut

Special Carnival starts tomorrow. I really want red & dark Valks and Delgado so I'll roll once.

11070066_1047441488617776_7659186717506062831_n.png

*Soldier’s March*
[Duration]: 4/10 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 4/16 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Reinforcements have arrived just in time! Supplement your battalion with the last two of the Dragon Swordsman series, Earth Dragon and Dark Dragon Swordsman! Both unbindable Heartbreakers, they bring a clear advantage in keeping your team on the offensive.

This Carnival features 13 monsters at 3x rates, which are guaranteed to pop out at level 30 and above!

Guaranteed +Eggs at the Rare Egg Machine during this Carnival. See lineup below for more details:

★ 6
972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
982 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1270 Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1516 Lively Maiden, Princess Valkyrie

★ 5
1649 Red Knight, Nim
1651 Blue Knight, Muse
1653 Green Knight, Delgado

1755 Yellow Grimoire, Ars Nova
1757 Purple Grimoire, Goetia

1883 Nameless Blade Brave, Masamune
1885 Massive Blade Brave, Zweihander

★ 4
1896 Earth Dragon Swordsman (NEW)
1898 Dark Dragon Swordsman (NEW)

Jagernaut

Next event.

14663_1047441055284486_1302769796550687709_n.png

*Tales of Soul*
[Duration]: 4/10 (Fri) 12:00 AM - 4/19 (Sun) 11:59 PM (PDT)

Tomorrow is not guaranteed. And though we continue, life as a force is filled with strange and powerful forces. Who we are and who we choose to be in the face of those forces is what matters most.

Take a seat, and listen to these tales of soul...

■① Daily Login Bonuses
4/10 - 4/19 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② The Road Ahead
Be not afraid, for you are stronger than you feel! Though challenges persist, they give way to growth, and through growth, confidence.

4/11 - 4/12 - Ultimate Dragon Rush!
4/13 - 4/14 - Ultimate Hera Rush!
4/16 - 4/17 - Ultimate God Rush!
4/18 - 4/19 - Ultimate Devil Rush!

■③Battles Not Forgotten
To reflect on what has happened to you is not wrong. There is a lesson in every experience, and those lessons can be learned many times.

4/10 - 4/12 - Dragon in Motley
4/17 - 4/19 - Watery Temptress

■④ Descended Challenge Returns!
Stay vigilant, and keep your mind sharp. Harmony exists only when you have tamed the beasts that beset you both inside and out.

The Descended Challenge has returned for this event with new rewards and dungeon ordering, available for everyone.

■⑤ Special Event Content
4/17 - 4/19 - ?????????????

■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 4/10 to 4/19!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
4/10 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
4/11 - Wadatsumi Descended!
4/11 - Zhang Fei!!
4/12 - Beelzebub Descended!
4/12 - Gaia Descended!
4/13 - The Goddess Descended!
4/13 - Dragon Zombie!
4/14 - Cauchemar Descended!
4/15 - Athena Descended!
4/16 - Hera-Ur Descended!
4/17 - Zhao Yun Descended!
4/18 - Hera-Is Descended!
4/19 - Mephisto Descended!

■⑨Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
4/10 - 4/19 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon
*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

The carnival looks awesome. I hope it overlaps with a Greek 1/2 godfest. I would definitely roll.

Excited to see challenge descended 2 in the event. I think I can handle most of the descends on the list so I should have plenty of Piis. Also good to see Watery Temptress coming around. Means I can stop focusing on the coin dungeon.

linsivvi

wow i need that delgado for my verdandi :O
rolling for just 1 monster though...

should i even bother
last time i went like 2/15 =.=;

Maybe spend a full bar at 2x and see how it goes. I went something like 2/20 last time and used skill up mobs to finish the last 2 levels.

Maid

Banned
Any fire team with 9x or higher atk and max skilled orb changers will destroy the Mythical plant dungeon. My current team:

SYmmWPw.jpg

9 skill boosts, 5 fire row enhance, everyone but Hera-Ur is max skilled.

That Tamadra always screwed me up. How do you deal with it?

Quantum

The carnival looks awesome. I hope it overlaps with a Greek 1/2 godfest. I would definitely roll.

Excited to see challenge descended 2 in the event. I think I can handle most of the descends on the list so I should have plenty of Piis. Also good to see Watery Temptress coming around. Means I can stop focusing on the coin dungeon.

- no noels in the current challenge dungeon
- I would love a nim, trying to figure out how to run an attacker urd team.

Epic Drop

That Tamadra always screwed me up. How do you deal with it?

Its pretty easy with the type of team the person you quoted has. On the tama floor, use an orb changer to kill the flower and fruit, but don't pierce the tamas defense. Do one more combo to get the tama low on HP, then just match off color orbs to burn turns and get skills back up. Once you have six hearts on the board, do a fire combo plus a 6 heart row to clear binds. Then just pop skills and blow up the last floor.

My team is yamato/caocao/chiyome/chiyome/gigas/yamato. All max skill is really the only important part. None of my sub's are awoken, and in fact, none of them are even evolved past their base form. It's literally that easy, as long as you have tons of skilled orb changers.

Maid

Banned
Thank. I guess the problem mostly lie in my team is still at skill level 1, and I don't have enough orb changer for my Yamato.

Anyone runs Yamato want to add me? Currently assemble a team but I'm still lacking in sub and skill up departments.

razterik

Anyone runs Yamato want to add me? Currently assemble a team but I'm still lacking in sub and skill up departments.

Yo. -> 343,149,208

And the Tamadra is no big deal once you have enough damage output. 600k armor is fairly easily surpassed by a decent Hero team.

Jagernaut

Thank. I guess the problem mostly lie in my team is still at skill level 1, and I don't have enough orb changer for my Yamato.

I'll add you, but my Yamato is not up every day. I'll try to have him up on Thursdays. What's your id?

Another tip for the Tamadra floor is that you don't need to match orbs for the binds to wear off. Move orbs without making a match and the Tamadra will act and then all the binds will reduce by 1 turn. You can keep doing this until the binds will end in 1 turn and then kill the Tamadra.

Maid

Banned
Yo. -> 343,149,208

And the Tamadra is no big deal once you have enough damage output. 600k armor is fairly easily surpassed by a decent Hero team.

Thank, added.

I'll add you, but my Yamato is not up every day. I'll try to have him up on Thursdays. What's your id?

Another tip for the Tamadra floor is that you don't need to match orbs for the binds to wear off. Move orbs without making a match and the Tamadra will act and then all the binds will reduce by 1 turn. You can keep doing this until the binds will end in 1 turn and then kill the Tamadra.

Mine is 366,891,240.

And goddamn I didn't know you can lower bind duration by moving without triggering orb match. Accidentally killed the Tamadra while my leader was bound many times. Thank for the tip.

tr4656

Thank, added.

Mine is 366,891,240.

And goddamn I didn't know you can lower bind duration by moving without triggering orb match. Accidentally killed the Tamadra while my leader was bound many times. Thank for the tip.

Added you too although I also don't have my Yamato up all the time.

Jagernaut

Thank, added.

Mine is 366891240

I added you, I'm Static@GAF

colinp

Banned
I can see both sides of it - this game has recently surpassed anarchy online as the most I've ever paid to play - at almost 2 dollars per day at this point - and I can relate to the angry mobs that want to burn down the offices at gungho for the shitty treatment of the US players - from a non- IAP standpoint its easy to say there is too much agro against a free game
- from someone who has spent more than a grand to keep everyone else playing I think there are certain rights I have as a player - or certain things I've come to expect from a company - certainly these expectations have not been met and the terrible communication that is initiated in JPN and simply dismissed by Gungho USA really makes me feel like shit - I feel like an idiot supporting a company that constantly lets me down.

I'm not sure that gungho wants its biggest supporters feeling like crap - but I think they currently do =/ - I don't see them rushing out to explain or help us - rather talk about stability while throttling the US for profits - something I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago.

I think you have a really strange way of looking at the game. You're not spending a grand to keep everyone else playing and you don't get any special rights or expectations just because you do pay. Paying is and has always been a way to do and get things faster in the game. To see yourself as special and keeping the game running for non-IAP players is a bit rich.

That's not to say you can't complain and get angry.

J0dy77

My Yamato is in my first slot and up all the time.

jiggle

O/3 verdandi
2/6 l.Kali
4/15 liu bei #1
1/9 liu bei # 2

Not too horrible I guess...
Looking possible to max skill liu beis and still have time for descend challenge and haku

Tobe

Yeah i dont myself completing most of the challenges, i did i think 6/10 last time and now im thinking im going to be able to do 5 i blame the colored zeus. Those are fucking tough.

Jagernaut

Skillups

Verdandi - 0/7 this hurts since green trifruits are hard to get, too many useless blue ones

Light Zhuge Liang - 3/8

Rem pulls

Silver egg - Earth Dragon Swordsman -meh
Gold egg - Berserker Z - ok but no skillup monsters in NA

Epic Drop

1/4 on verdandi (only two more to go)
0/5 on urd

Not to shabby I guess. Much less painful to use dragonfruits now that I'm farming Thursday with yamato instead of b.Sonia (15 min runs with b.sonia turned into one minute runs with yamato... it's great)

Top Bottom