• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

1 stoned level 8 with U&Y. Had to stone against Michael. I'm actually really confused as to why I didn't break his defense. I thought I calculated it out correctly. Is our orb enhance up to date with JP?

Anyway, 1 stone for a badpy isn't a bad deal so I'm not too upset.

scottnak

Wooo... thought what the hell and used an orb to fill up stam to try and skill up Echidna.
(Was 2/10 earlier today)

Went 3/5 to finish and finally max her off! :D

First skill max!

razterik

Is our orb enhance up to date with JP?

Ran a quick test with full enhanced boards and the same amount of enhance orb awakenings (two). NA was x3.02, JP was x3.08. NA is still at 4% damage boost, while JP is at 5%.

AQHyw7O.jpg

7 stones. Cleared preemptives without issue, but started going downhill on Divine Hera. One for heart troll. Another when I overshot my damage on Mephisto and knocked him into Endless Nightmare. Had to blow actives early to finish him which left me stalling on Hera Is. Didn't matter much since I got skill bound through my 40% resist. One stone when I ran out of hearts while skill locked. Athena trolled the hell out of me using Storm Punisher every turn. Eventually used Hades to trigger Hymn of Nike just so I could save a stone once and revive out of it. Took 4 stones before I had enough actives back to finish. Probably could've gone plain damage Pandora or Dark Tron and saved a stone or two in the end, but fuck it. Now I don't have to think about these shit dungeons for at least a week.

I have been playing for over two years and went from Mono Dark to AA Luci to Ronia. Have always avoided combo leads even though I have a lot of good ones(Haku, Leilan, Kirin, U&Y, L Kali, Robin, Ra) I have always been intimated by that style and decided to finally go for it since I have such a good Ra team. To my surprise I can combo Ra pretty good and can get the 3 color leads down pretty easy. The entire game feels new to me now. So many new teams to build. I feel reborn.

I also got my padherder working finally.

Looking at some tutorials to step up my game.
Beginner Guide - Macromanagement

Beginner Guide - Micromanagement

Orb Trick #1 - The Hook

Orb Trick #2 - Orb Pinch

Orb Trick #3 - Cascades

[Puzzle & Dragons] Orb Trick #4 - Rows

[Puzzle & Dragons] Orb Trick #5 - Retrace

FZZ

Banned
I suck with combo leads I always over think my board and end up trying to do crazy diagonals and then I ALWAYS MISS ONE COMBO by accident whether its dark or water or fire.

I did two no RCV dungeons with a pretty good LKali team and my activation rate was like 75% when it should honestly be 99% in those type of dungeons.

And because of that I ended up dying twice in Satan and once in Seaway

Lmao I'm terrible. I'll just practice in endless from now on because I still really enjoyed playing it.

Also I used my Beelz and he's not even max awoken yet (only 3 so far) but holy fuck he's OP, dungeons are much easier with him and a dark heavy team than with my predominantly fire heavy Red Sonia team.

Spoit

I have been playing for over two years and went from Mono Dark to AA Luci to Ronia. Have always avoided combo leads even though I have a lot of good ones(Haku, Leilan, Kirin, U&Y, L Kali, Robin, Ra) I have always been intimated by that style and decided to finally go for it since I have such a good Ra team. To my surprise I can combo Ra pretty good and can get the 3 color leads down pretty easy. The entire game feels new to me now. So many new teams to build. I feel reborn.

I also got my padherder working finally.

Looking at some tutorials to step up my game.
Beginner Guide - Macromanagement

Beginner Guide - Micromanagement

Orb Trick #1 - The Hook

Orb Trick #2 - Orb Pinch

Orb Trick #3 - Cascades

[Puzzle & Dragons] Orb Trick #4 - Rows

[Puzzle & Dragons] Orb Trick #5 - Retrace
I still can't wrap my head around the whole "make neat orderly rows of 3 on the corners" part

Spoit

Yeah...I wouldn't worry about building teams you don't actually have the lead for. Unless you're whaling hundreds of dollars. Especially with dmeta being next to impossible to pull

FZZ

Banned
Yeah...I wouldn't worry about building teams you don't actually have the lead for. Unless you're whaling hundreds of dollars. Especially with dmeta being next to impossible to pull

Well I am also wondering if I should just waste time trying to make an Andromeda team or if it's just a lost cause.

razterik

Andromeda and Hermes? Team complete. You have a lot of good water subs, including Skuld and Hatsume. Build it. You can even flip them around and form several great teams.

I was too busy to farm Thursday dungeon for Flowers so I had to resort to buying Dragon Plant Infestation before 2.5x skill-ups ended. Sucked not getting a guaranteed Flower every run and for 50% more stam than Thurs dungeon. But on balance I had decent success with the skill-ups. Only needed to use 16 of the 24 Fairies I farmed to get the last 4 skill-ups on Yamato. And only needed 2 of the 4 Dark Fairies I had to to get the last skill-up for Pandora. Feels good.

Love the coin dungeons for when you need something in a pinch and can farm on your own time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cool got ayellow Jewel from the free pal points we got...i can finally Ult Evo GValk.

Jagernaut

11081222_1042923265736265_5801004095086240831_n.png

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Blue Sprite*
[Duration]: 4/6 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 4/19 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Winron and Water Sprite, Sharulu to the rescue! With the recent popularity of Liu Bei and Andromeda in team builds at the moment, now is the perfect time to introduce the Water Faerie dungeon!

Winron skills up “Leading a Comeback” while the Blue Fairy’s evolution Water Sprite, Sharulu skills up “The Sacred Blue Chains”

The dungeon arrives with four difficulties, from Novice to Master.

Time to skill up Liu Bei.

cw_sasuke

Big Brett,

i would reroll for a more beginner friendly leader...attacking with 5 attributes isnt easy and you wont need that kind of damage for a long time.

Maybe this can help a bit:
http://guide.padherder.com/Reroll_Tier_List

Though you continue playing with that account and just roll again on the next Godfest - maybe you get a better suited leader if not you can still reroll.

Liu bei skill ups? All right!

He has great colors, 3 dual prongs with his ultimate, and the skill is very useful for maintaining kirin+ pretty useful for GZL.

Stealth edit: pretty useful for any dual prong green team

colinp

Banned
For Water Sprite is Expert the best to run for drops? Master costs a lot comparatively though presumably the drop rate is higher.

Jagernaut

For Water Sprite is Expert the best to run for drops? Master costs a lot comparatively though presumably the drop rate is higher.

Depends on what you need. From my experience 2x Expert is best for the sub boss (Liu Bei skillup) and 2x Master is almost guaranteed for the boss drop.

razterik

Last I looked, running expert vs master survey dungeons was essentially equivalent for the final floor since expert is 15% and master is 40%. Expert does have the edge in experience, gold, and non-boss drops. Master is only more time efficient.

razterik

Yes, that's the oldest ultimate batch, released Feb 23rd in JP. Should be included with the update, but GungHo sometimes likes to make us wait a few days before they activate them.

jay23

Yes, that's the oldest ultimate batch, released Feb 23rd in JP. Should be included with the update, but GungHo sometimes likes to make us wait a few days before they activate them.
Maybe they'll throw in all the missing ults with this update...

Cleared Thoth and Sopdet on legendary just now, probably should gave ran it on mythical instead.

Also surprised the remaining Awoken Egyptian gods haven't been leaked yet.

cw_sasuke

Failed my last minute attempt on Challenge Dungeon 6... What a dumb mistake. Will better be prepared next time.... Still sucks though.

Top Bottom