• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Maid

Banned
Actually, is there anyone bother to run the normal dragon dungeon anymore? They are pretty much useless aside from gold dragon one.

Maid

Banned
SEohAl5.jpg

The new hotness.

Also, new update.

- Magic Stones used to recover stamina will now recover the entire Maximum Stamina amount, rather than just the difference between Current and Maximum Stamina (Stamina Overflow)

- Players may now benefit from non-friend Helpe User's Leader Skills

- Maximum Monster Box size expanded to 2,000

- Maximum Pal Point storage limit has been increased to 20,000

- Maximum Skill levels can now be verified from the status screen.

- Starting at Rank 120, 2 monsters are displayed per Friend (and can be used independently)

- A Data Restore button has been added to the title screen.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wait...so even EU gets stuff earlier than the US or is the update still coming in the next hours ?

razterik

EU gets stuff first because time zones.

Official GungHo NA Facebook posted maintenance completed message and only listed material skill changes, no mention of 7.5, unlike the EU post. So...I don't think it's coming today?

FZZ

Banned
haha wow are they seriously pulling this shit?

fucking hell Gungho NA

At least my Andromeda team is forming nicely, ult evo'd my Andromeda and evo'd the rest of my team bar Water Dragon Warrior. I have 7 Blue Dragon Fruits waiting to skill up Skuld and then I have 5 faeries currently for Andromeda, hoping to get somewhere in the 20s.

Quantum

middle finger.

love how we get treated - please add the option to transfer accounts - I said it before, but worth repeating - just let us transfer paid accounts to JPN and merger the servers.

with the poor communication from gungho to begin with (try e-mailing a question) what is the possible reason to lag US versus EU - not even to start with JPN ver.

hermit7

Yeah fuck this game. Reasonable updates and communication are important and yet we get shit.

There is no reason to be like 4 months behind considering they push out collabs at the same time (batman, DC). Anything except for day and date parody is unacceptable. I have been a decent enough supporter because I have enjoyed the game but we need to beg for updates and those with 5.1 can't even play.

Don't even get me started on all the stream bullshit either. Japan looks like professionals and we get Michael and Anthony who make it look like a high school production.

cw_sasuke

The update strategy boggles my mind considering how much money Gung-ho makes, seems like try are actively trying to throttle the US version.

If they pull stuff like this regularly without any kind of explanation it will get frustrating fast.

linsivvi

Don't even get me started on all the stream bullshit either. Japan looks like professionals and we get Michael and Anthony who make it look like a high school production.

Well to be fair to them, Japan generates a lot more revenue than the US version so I don't think they have a very large budget for these things.

There's no excuse for the version disparity though.

hermit7

Well to be fair to them, Japan generates a lot more revenue than the US version so I don't think they have a very large budget for these things.

Then why even do them? Gung ho is a billion dollar company. Why release it in the US if they are going to pull this shit.

It makes less sense to have different clients if the US doesn't make that much money.

linsivvi

Then why even do them? Gung ho is a billion dollar company. Why release it in the US if they are going to pull this shit.

It makes less sense to have different clients if the US doesn't make that much money.

I am only talking about the streams. Obviously some people still like to watch them, otherwise they would have stopped by now. They just can't justify the budget given PAD isn't even in the top 100 of the games only chart while it's #2 in the overall chart in Japan.

Why are you against the streams though? They give out free shit even when you don't watch them.

hermit7

I am only talking about the streams. Obviously some people still like to watch them, otherwise they would have stopped by now. They just can't justify the budget given PAD isn't even in the top 100 of the games only chart while it's #2 in the overall chart in Japan.

Why are you against the streams though? They give out free shit even when you don't watch them.

I have this thing about appearances and how if you are going to do something then it might as well be done correctly. It doesn't take that much investment to put out high quality streams.

J0dy77

Exactly! Super metal is the only place to spend those stamina during off-event. It should be standardized ages ago like the Japanese version did.

Coin Dungeons are worth your stamina as well, they're probably a better investment than Supers depending on your needs.

The update strategy boggles my mind considering how much money Gung-ho makes, seems like try are actively trying to throttle the US version.

If they pull stuff like this regularly without any kind of explanation it will get frustrating fast.

JP generates a lot more money but the company is still generating billions of dollars from one simple game. The game doesn't require hundreds of people development teams like a AAA blockbuster title. We're talking about a puzzle game with some new artwork and minor mechanics added. For them to take 4 months to transfer it over is a joke.

They definitely are throttling content so things don't fizzle out for us faster than they would if they keep the carrot on a stick in front of us like they've been doing. Just very frustrating.

Wish they'd be straight with us why there's no update. It's not like players don't know about the existence of KR / EU, and the latter one should be pretty much identical to ours. It's worse PR to go "please understand" than it is to actually explain things.

Also PAD Academy gacha info up, they added 12-cost(!) minis for hero gods and isis, and 6* minis for chiyome (who has 3x TPA) and rodin (awakenings unknown currently)

hermit7

J0dy77 said:
They definitely are throttling content so things don't fizzle out for us faster than they would if they keep the carrot on a stick in front of us like they've been doing. Just very frustrating.

Agreed it is not difficult to translate and release.

The issue is that they want people to stay and buy more stones but then they don't support those players in the US effectively. They effectively punish their most loyal fanbase and those that support the game hoping for new players.

linsivvi

JP generates a lot more money but the company is still generating billions of dollars from one simple game. The game doesn't require hundreds of people development teams like a AAA blockbuster title. We're talking about a puzzle game with some new artwork and minor mechanics added. For them to take 4 months to transfer it over is a joke.

I am not disagreeing with you there. Note that I was strictly talking about the stream quality, in which case I think those poor guys were doing the best they could.

Tobe

Didnt we have 2 guys in the thread tht worked for gungho??? Ive been asking forever if they are going to ever to being the game to SA, i hate lookimg at ads for brave frontier and not pad. Considering that padz is coming out in all the Americasidont see why the game is not released outside the us and canada. Gungho us has a lot of pr work to do.

jay23

Yeah fuck this game. Reasonable updates and communication are important and yet we get shit.

There is no reason to be like 4 months behind considering they push out collabs at the same time (batman, DC). Anything except for day and date parody is unacceptable. I have been a decent enough supporter because I have enjoyed the game but we need to beg for updates and those with 5.1 can't even play.

Yup whatever makes them money I guess..

I agree with allowing us to transfer accounts to JP servers.

i 100% agree, they are able to deliver the content at the same time with JP, so why's so hard to update UEVO and new features.
GH Japan need to issue a statement about this.

Maid

Banned
i 100% agree, they are able to deliver the content at the same time with JP, so why's so hard to update UEVO and new features.
GH Japan need to issue a statement about this.

The problem is how do we make GH Japan know this is a big deal here.

Wish they'd be straight with us why there's no update. It's not like players don't know about the existence of KR / EU, and the latter one should be pretty much identical to ours. It's worse PR to go "please understand" than it is to actually explain things.
This. WTF Gungho NA.

You can explain the disparity between the JPN and NA versions as a business decision or w/e but not getting the same client update as EU is a slap in the face. And delayed 5.1 support too? SMDH

Zero_IYAD

Wow, people are rioting on the NA facebook page & they really have all the right to.
Android 5.1 has been out for almost 2 months now, I haven't accessed the game in 3 weeks or so!
PAD W, stamina overflow, so many ultimate evolutions!
But to fall behind all servers, this is really disappointing & irrespectful to their fans!

We used to have someone who works in PAD NA office write here every now & then.. Would love to hear an explanation to this chaos!

Tobe

Whatever the problem is we deserve a good explanation. Not just we are sorry we've had some stability issues.

Maybe there was some technical difficulties with the patch in the NA servers?
I mean that's the obvious conclusion, but don't try to hide behind a Nintendo-BS "stability" excuse, while not even providing an ETA for the patch, while deleting negative posts from FB. The fact that this update has been five months in the works and every other region was able to successfully patch is just kindling.

hermit7

I mean that's the obvious conclusion, but don't try to hide behind a Nintendo-BS "stability" excuse, while not even providing an ETA for the patch, while deleting negative posts from FB. The fact that this update has been five months in the works and every other region was able to successfully patch is just kindling.

Honestly this is my issue is when questioned about why everyone else got it they straight up lied. And then when rightfully questioned they remove posts. They really only care it seems to have day and date parody if they are going to make lots of money off rolls. (batman, hello kitty, dc)

Two months after 5.1 was released. All their competitors have had day 1 or nearly support.

FZZ

Banned
I feel like Monster Strike has more version parity with its Japanese client than PAD does

And isn't mixi magnitudes smaller than Gungho? Seriously what the fuck are they doing, we should have been getting this update MONTHS ago.

tr4656

Wow, people are rioting on the NA facebook page & they really have all the right to.
Android 5.1 has been out for almost 2 months now, I haven't accessed the game in 3 weeks or so!
PAD W, stamina overflow, so many ultimate evolutions!
But to fall behind all servers, this is really disappointing & irrespectful to their fans!

We used to have someone who works in PAD NA office write here every now & then.. Would love to hear an explanation to this chaos!

Worst part of is that GungHo seems to be deleting comments too.

Apparently there's a new minigame going around recently where you start a fresh account and see how far you get without ever expanding box size past the initial 20 you start out with. One variation also has you never rolling REM.

razterik

New? 20 box challenge has been around for at least a year. I confess I have no idea how people manage it. Feeding off all your good stuff would drive me crazy.

J0dy77

New? 20 box challenge has been around for at least a year. I confess I have no idea how people manage it. Feeding off all your good stuff would drive me crazy.

Yeah, I've seen this on Reddit a lot recently. I wouldn't be able to handle that. I saw a guy who was debating if he should feed off a Light Kali because it didn't fit his team. I wanted to cry.

Quantum

I wonder how much it would cost to create a clone that didn't depend on stamina but rather you could charge for each "godfest" - when a new card is designed you could charge for the entire decend pack.

there seem to be enough direct clones using the stamina route - but a straight up - play any time you want - akin to doctor who legacy - could use a d&d or scifi theme without the god based theme so it would actually be a bit different.

- demo version that exists without decends/technicals/challenge mode
- charge 1-2 dollars for the base game with special events
- say 5 new mobs/cards every month for 2 dollars - optional of course.
- could take the best parts if PAD and clones and make it playable on your own time.

100k? 200k? seems like you could hire a few programmers and create a really decent game without the dependance on handouts from a JPN company that is certainly killing it in JPN but is having trouble breaking into the market in US, and that has terrible customer service.

tr4656

Apparently there's a new minigame going around recently where you start a fresh account and see how far you get without ever expanding box size past the initial 20 you start out with. One variation also has you never rolling REM.

I've been trying it with Juggler. Do roll REM though.

cw_sasuke

Starry View Lane tomorrow without the Stamina overflow update is quite insulting....seems like they are surprised by the negative reaction lol.

colinp

Banned
Jeez, everyone is getting their panties in a twist. I'm sure gungho will province compensation- take a deep breath. It will be OK!

jiggle

Raw dicking blue sprite w/o multiplier since it started and only 11 winron
Really hope I can max skill both beis before this finishes '. '

Soooooo glad I have no Andromeda!
Only got 5 fairy drops XD

Giard

Trying to build a team with my new Nephthys. Here's what I'm aiming for:

-Nephthys
Grape Dragon
D/L Yomi
Vampire
???
-Nephthys

For the vampire, I'm not sure if I should use the Blue/Dark or Dark/Blue version. Blue/Dark has better stats, but I feel like Blue/Dark loses a lot of damage since Dark is the subcolor. What would you guys recommend?

Also I'm not sure what to use in that last slot. I don't really have a lot of good subs. Maybe Hera, D/L Anubis or Blue Odin?

Thanks.

Went 2/10 on Haku skill ups, which puts me at 11 turns, with two more to go. I'm out of keepers for now, so I'll be storing chasers to evolve them later, which is the most annoying method imo.

On another note, is every floor a guaranteed drop on the weekday mythicals on non-event days? I need a few dragon fruits and figured Thursday mythical was my best bet.

tr4656

Trying to build a team with my new Nephthys. Here's what I'm aiming for:

-Nephthys
Grape Dragon
D/L Yomi
Vampire
???
-Nephthys

For the vampire, I'm not sure if I should use the Blue/Dark or Dark/Blue version. Blue/Dark has better stats, but I feel like Blue/Dark loses a lot of damage since Dark is the subcolor. What would you guys recommend?

Also I'm not sure what to use in that last slot. I don't really have a lot of good subs. Maybe Hera, D/L Anubis or Blue Odin?

Thanks.
Do you have lemon, Haku, Karin?

razterik

On another note, is every floor a guaranteed drop on the weekday mythicals on non-event days? I need a few dragon fruits and figured Thursday mythical was my best bet.

Nope. Only the final floor is guaranteed. On non-2x days, every other floor is something like 50%.

Top Bottom