• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Zero_IYAD

wow.

I still haven't broken 1k

thats will power.
The only way that managed to break my obsession with PAD is downloading other good games with the same stamina-based mechanism..
Terra Battle, Monster Strike, One Piece Treasure Cruise are good choices.
Before these, I was always obsessed about PAD, but with all 4 together & the difference in their gameplay, you really enjoy all & start saving in all of them.
As I said, I now pull the REM once every 6 months or so! I saved up to 100 stones recently (( & I missed the last whole month thanks to their super late Android 5.1 support)).
It's possible, but you need to enjoy other games not to burn out quickly.
Thanks, invite sent.
Added.

zoku88

Is there a general rule for box space?

I'm currently at rank 230 with 235 box space. I hit my limit somewhat frequently, but I always imagined I was just bad at management.

Quantum

Is there a general rule for box space?

I'm currently at rank 230 with 235 box space. I hit my limit somewhat frequently, but I always imagined I was just bad at management.

not at all - I think I just generally increase over time - little by little.

the more I pull the more space I need - and I've been doing the dragon plant cycle again and like having extra space when needed.

I think I've always had about 100-200 spaces more than days played.

Maid

Banned
After looking through the announced awaken evolutions I am not too pleased with any of them. I have levelled meimei but have yet to even evolve her so I may shoot for her but shiva looks worse as a leader.

I wouldn't say worse, just different. In a sense he's actually better if you can utilize the TPA and combo well.

I just don't expand if don't need too. I don't really stockpile evo mats, maybe 2 of each. And I never hold onto enhance material. The only times it gives me issues is when I need the evolve skill up mobs, so when that happens, I usually do expand a bit.

Yeah. Lots of box space is really only needed for efficient storage of skill-up mobs and their evo mats. I save up to 20-25 each of the common evo mats and sometimes that's not even enough when I'm using them to evo skill-up mobs. I especially hate the ones that need multiples of the same evo mat like 2 or 3 Lits for a single skill-up mob. That is so annoying because you're guaranteed to have to dedicated-farm those mats if you're trying to skill-up that monster.

Quantum

Who exactly is the steam trying to entertain?

I've tried to watch a few for the streams from jpn and I'm amazed at how much more seriously the game is taken.

These two are charismatic, but they really are terrible at the game - and are they being intentionally ignorant of the mechanics of the teams they use?

jiggle

Today was one of those days where nothing went right and had me on the verge of rage quitting
So I decided up use up all my stones(esp with FF cards sucking) before deleting

Liu bei (3rd dupe)
Apocalypse (4th dupe)
Sun quan (2nd dupe)
L.Kali(2nd sldupe)
Skuld
Red Odin
Chrono turtle
Toytops
Alraune
Pierdrawn

The third liu bei is making me reconsider... >.>

Gonna do the same on alt later...

Today was one of those days where nothing went right and had me in the verge of rage quitting

Liu bei (3rd dupe)
Apocalypse (4th dupe)
Sun quan (2nd dupe)
L.Kali(2nd sldupe)
Skuld
Red Odin
Chrono turtle
Toytops
Alraune
Pierdrawn

Two L Kali is really good too for her own team or for Ra.

hermit7

I wouldn't say worse, just different. In a sense he's actually better if you can utilize the TPA and combo well.

The multiplier is the same as R/D whose is unconditional.

I guess he is a better sub with his awakenings and a lower max cool down but I think he is still outclassed by hino.

Jagernaut

I guess he is a better sub with his awakenings and a lower max cool down but I think he is still outclassed by hino.

Awoken Shiva gets a flat 1.5x atk and rcv for fire mobs + 3x atk when you reach a certain number of combos so that's a total of 4.5x. Much stronger than F/D Shiva if you can make the combos.

Maid

Banned

What? It's x1.5 atk unconditional, and x3 if you manage to combo, so in total that would be x4.5, just like Awoken Ra/Parvati LS. Furthermore you get x1.5 RCV, so I don't see how it's worse.

razterik

1.5x RCV on a red team is almost normal RCV for every other color. Leads are both 0 RCV or 297 at best. Awoken Shiva isn't going to be healing up like Parvati and Lakshmi.

As excited as people are for those TPAs, keep in mind that they come at the cost of red row enhances which boost whole team damage, not only the leads. Most good red subs are row enhance subs.

He's not terrible, but doesn't strike me as a lead that will supplant the current favored red leads. At best, he's a fire Bastet with somewhat specific subs.

jiggle

Two L Kali is really good too for her own team or for Ra.
Yeah
Got a few potential teams out of those
Not comfortable with combo leads like her though XD

Alt account rolls
Useless fucking Baal #4
Cao cao
Kano
Drake
Drake #2
Chiyome #2
Claymore
Muse
Melon dragon
Dryad

All these months later
Alt account still only has Ronia and L.meta as grood leads :(

How is this team set up?
Athena: veche(or muse)-meimei-drake-drake:Athena

Maid

Banned
1.5x RCV on a red team is almost normal RCV for every other color. Leads are both 0 RCV or 297 at best. Awoken Shiva isn't going to be healing up like Parvati and Lakshmi.

As excited as people are for those TPAs, keep in mind that they come at the cost of red row enhances which boost whole team damage, not only the leads. Most good red subs are row enhance subs.

He's not terrible, but doesn't strike me as a lead that will supplant the current favored red leads. At best, he's a fire Bastet with somewhat specific subs.

I like how they give it as alternative instead of straight upgrade. Not like everything has to have row to be usable.

zoku88

Wait, rows boost the damage of the whole team? I never knew

<-- Mostly plays uses TPAs

Anyway, I wish Cao Cao added more rows instead of TPAs. Trying to make fire-based row teams at the moment.

razterik

Wasn't the whole point of Awoken evos to take outclassed cards and return them to usage in higher tier content? (Setting aside the new Awoken Chinese here, obviously.)

R/D Shiva is only barely still a viable lead because he was the best of the RGB 3x, and he's been relegated to farming and not descend capable. There are much better choices to lead now. As a sub, he's mostly supplanted by the farmable ultimate Hera-Ur outside his niche defense break which is often countered with status shields anyway. R/B has found a great spot on Urd teams, but this is largely due to a lack of options and not his specific strengths or value.

Awoken Shiva should bring him up to the level of Awoken Parvati or Lakshmi (can't believe I'm saying this), but he isn't even a 5x lead like they are. His orb enhance is on too long of a cooldown for repeated use, especially with poor RCV subs like Kagutsuchi and Cao Cao. The best thing he has going for him is the same thing as Bastet -- mostly immune to orb troll and double finger awakenings. But I wonder how high you need to go if his damage starts at 4 combos. Something like 7 combos to hit his 3x (red 4.5x) is too much effort for me when other leads can match five hearts and rows or TPAs for 5x.

I guess I'm looking at absolute endgame dungeons and thinking what leads will give me the greatest chances of success. Parvati and Lakshmi with the right squads, sure, let's roll. Shiva, even with my red hyper max cards, probably not.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Andromeda max skilled - dont know if i should be happy it feels weird. Had just one skill left and went with the 4 fairy left to not get screwed 1/4. Worked out fine - but farming Sapphilit and potentially getting 0 skill ups just doesnt sit right with me.

I havent played with Andro yet and still need to level and get all the Row Awakenings - might appreciate it more once i actually benefit from her. Just dont think the whole evo -- > skill up process is for me.

Was thinking of skilling up Meimei - then i saw that you need Keepers to evolve the Chasers ? I dont even wanna know how much stamina you would have to spend max lvl a Chinese God -.-

This weekend i will try to get a couple Seaway Runs and thats that - no more (Challenge) Desc for me.

The skill-up is always frutrating but sometimes it works. 1/20 feeds on GZL and then 3/4 for the last skill-up. Well, i'm finally done farming mini GZL.

fgQ4sST.png

smbu2000

Pulled once more on each of mine.

iPad: LMeta (dupe) probably going to rot away in my box like the dupe LMeta on my iPhone. My main usable one is max skilled, although I've only put about 100 plus eggs into her.

iPhone: Dino rider Drake (dupe) my original one is max leveled, but not skilled. Probably won't do anything with this one as I have much better dragons to use for my Vegito team, like my recent uevo'd awoken HinoKagutsuchi.

Now to see how many plus eggs I can get before this 3x normal dungeon event ends.

The skill-up is always frutrating but sometimes it works. 1/20 feeds on GZL and then 3/4 for the last skill-up. Well, i'm finally done farming mini GZL.
Congrats. I've been putting off on skilling up mine (1 on iPhone, 2 on iPad), but now they are becoming apart of the Wed. Dungeon rotation. Should make things much easier. Green mask for GZL and the Blue one for LZL. Will be coming out for JP this month, and elsewhere sometime...

Today was one of those days where nothing went right and had me on the verge of rage quitting

Liu bei (3rd dupe)
Apocalypse (4th dupe)
Sun quan (2nd dupe)
L.Kali(2nd sldupe)
Skuld
Red Odin
Chrono turtle
Toytops
Alraune
Pierdrawn

3 Liu Beis are pretty good. If you have a Verdandi, then you will have a great team there as they can do massive damage with 3 TPAs and they match her colors for the HP bonus. I have 3 Liu Beis as well and I'm slowing working on leveling them up. #1 is done, #2 is halfway there (uevo'd but not max leveled/skilled) and the third I've just barely started on. I'm also levelling up my 3 Verdandis as well...

Did my one godfest roll this morning. I'm pretty sure this conversation happened at Gungho last night.

Gungho employee #1: Uh oh, atlantaguy is unhappy about having to skill up Awoken Meimei from scratch.

Gungho employee #2: Just give him a Verdandi. Maybe that will shut him up.

Well played, Gungho. Well played.

Pulled twice yesterdy got Leu Bei and L Meta pulled once today and got Chiyome(and a green orb from pal)

Someone really wants me to use my Yamato. Thinking of...

Yamato
Chiyome
Leilan
Ronia
Freyr
Yamato

Have a second Ronia and Belial. My team look good?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did my one godfest roll this morning. I'm pretty sure this conversation happened at Gungho last night.

Well played, Gungho. Well played.

Nice - welcome to the Verdandi club xD
Just in time to skill her up as well.

btw. Are Special Gods like GZL, Kalis etc. also be part of the PCGF or will the chance of getting them be the same like for every other Godfest ? Getting Urd or one of the Kali would be amazing.

Maid

Banned
Wasn't the whole point of Awoken evos to take outclassed cards and return them to usage in higher tier content? (Setting aside the new Awoken Chinese here, obviously.)

You can't say he's not viable for higher tier contents, especially when the new ones aren't all about damage output anymore. I would say the combo requirement is around 6 at maximum and that's a good spot, unless you want everything to at Juggler level.

hermit7

What? It's x1.5 atk unconditional, and x3 if you manage to combo, so in total that would be x4.5, just like Awoken Ra/Parvati LS. Furthermore you get x1.5 RCV, so I don't see how it's worse.

I must have misread then. It is a little better I suppose. And the mats are easy enough to obtain.

Decent haul this Forrest.

A dupe sun quan (ok)
Verdandi (heck yes!). I have all that parts for a great Verdandi team (GZL, Lui bei, Perseus, marine rider). And all of those are evolved/ultimate evolved except for Perseus.
Today I pulled an angelion (worthless)
And a green angel 2, Zeul or something.

Really hyped about verdandi

Nice - welcome to the Verdandi club xD
Just in time to skill her up as well.

btw. Are Special Gods like GZL, Kalis etc. also be part of the PCGF or will the chance of getting them be the same like for every other Godfest ? Getting Urd or one of the Kali would be amazing.
Thanks. I fed my spare green fruits and was able to get a skill up already. I should be able to evolve her and feed her a Noel dragon, so once I get some Tamas she'll be ready to go.

I think I have some good subs for her. Nothing that really takes advantage of the HP boost though. Thinking about something like:

Vers, Cu Chu, Meimei, Artemis, GZL, Verd

GZL is not ideal, since currently, nobody is an attacker. Delgado would be great here. Also, I need the super kings to get their skills so I can skill up and level Artemis.

I've been thinks that Dino rider might make a better sub for Verdandi than marine rider. Just based on the attributes. Still works pretty well with GZL for burst in the team and the orb change works. Helps that he is more skilled up than the marine rider

Others that might work are Artemis, but I really want to find subs that work to get both of her leader skill benefits.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Decent haul this Forrest.

A dupe sun quan (ok)
Verdandi (heck yes!). I have all that parts for a great Verdandi team (GZL, Lui bei, Perseus, marine rider). And all of those are evolved/ultimate evolved except for Perseus.
Today I pulled an angelion (worthless)
And a green angel 2, Zeul or something.

Really hyped about verdandi

Nice congrats. Verdandi is one of the key to most of the new end game dungeons.

I've been thinks that Dino rider might make a better sub for Verdandi than marine rider. Just based on the attributes. Still works pretty well with GZL for burst in the team and the orb change works. Helps that he is more skilled up than the marine rider

Others that might work are Artemis, but I really want to find subs that work to get both of her leader skill benefits.
I'm considering Dino Rider as well. Also the new cao cao uvo could be a solid option.

Noaloha

Will NA ever get the ulti-ultimate versions of the starter dragons which are in JP? My Verdandi team is rather makeshift and the green-red MegaBrachys would probably be a valid addition given my current box.

Uthred

For some reason I convinced myself that this Godfest was where I was going to pull Ronia. Of course I only had enough for three pulls, Ivory Dragon (dupe), Archangel Lucifer (dupe) and my last pull did net a godfest exclusive Bearded Deity, Guan Yu (dupe). BDGY seems fairly useless considering how rare he is. His two skill awakenings are nice as is his heartbreaker skill, but he's next to impossible to skill up it seems, cant think of any team where he's awesome as a sub as his leader skill looks like its only useful for novelty or possibly a farm team?

Will NA ever get the ulti-ultimate versions of the starter dragons which are in JP? My Verdandi team is rather makeshift and the green-red MegaBrachys would probably be a valid addition given my current box.
They're actually alternate ult evos, not ulti-ults like the Valks.

We'll probably get them soon, along with the Wukong/Pandora ults.

I just realized Medjedra would be a solid Verdandi sub. Most of my subs are balanced, so his active skill would be useful as a boost and damage resist. Plus he gets the HP boost AND has great awakenings. Skilling him up would be kind of a pain though.

razterik

10k from rank up and almost a whole bar of stamina in JP. Sixth attempt at Challenge 8, not enough damage at CDD - fail. Enough stamina left to rank from finishing PAD Academy for stone, knocked Chester into 100% gravity - fail. Ugh.

Does anyone on JP run ult Goemon on 3x normal weekends? I'm looking for one to bff.

I can keep mine up, although he's only level 30ish and unawakened. Might be able to fish up some Tamadras for him in my gift box. Is he particularly good for clearing something right now? Been using my standard Athena and Beelzebub teams for farming.

jay23

Cleared Medjedra on legend, I don't have a anti skill bind team so I'm not even gonna try mythical, got the drop on my first run luckily.

10k from rank up and almost a whole bar of stamina in JP. Sixth attempt at Challenge 8, not enough damage at CDD - fail. Enough stamina left to rank from finishing PAD Academy for stone, knocked Chester into 100% gravity - fail. Ugh.

I can keep mine up, although he's only level 30ish and unawakened. Might be able to fish up some Tamadras for him in my gift box. Is he particularly good for clearing something right now? Been using my standard Athena and Beelzebub teams for farming.
He gets close to D.Fagan KotG clear times even without REM subs.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4dcr4sCUSo

You only really need Satan and a 5 turn orb changer. I've been using Beelzebub and the Goemon team I tried today cleared it about 3 times as fast. I need the awakenings for the rows and skill boost. Mine is only level 25 since I just started working on him, but I should have him maxed or close to it the next time 3x comes around, so the level doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom