• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Anyone surprised they've basically scrapped rogue dungeons? Announced too early and always looked out of place. Hey, free stones for JP.

NA, well, you never knew about any of this, okay.

Maid

Banned
- Dungeon result screens for egg drops can be skipped.

It only took them this long to realize this was needed.

Also, awoken Chinese? Does that mean my Kirin is going to have an upgrade then?

Skill change, so yeah.

Why run skill up dungeons, again? Haha. Just farm piis at 10k stamina each..

Not really impressed with any of these ultimates. Awoken Chinese is too soon and going to be wasted on bad skills. Enjoy your four enhanced green orbs, Genbu! Unless her triple resist is all 50%, not sure igaf.

Who's Urd???
Agreed. The awoken ults should be for cards that need an active/leader skill change to be useful. The tri-color are still amazing subs as is. I could understand if they had announced Kirin, but this makes no sense to me.

razterik

From Nez at PADForum:

22:36 Legend dungeon has been postponed as a new game mode. Instead, Legend Dungeon is implemented in PAD in new dungeons.
22:38 First Legend dungeon art is with the following boss! [Legend Zaerog art]. Some time in May. Several stones for compensation for this delay.

If they're rolling the content into the main game, they'd have to make all new stuff to fill it out again. Seems like they're sweeping it under the rug.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that's what it looked like to me.

Edit: PADX post clears this up a little. It might still function the same way as announced with cards leveling up? I don't know, wait and see what happens in May, I guess.

Jagernaut

Awoken Meimei has no row enhances at all. They better not take the 2 dark row enhances away from Awoken Haku.

Edit. Ultimate Durga gets 3.5x atk for 3 of her 4 colors and still has 5x atk for all 4 colors. Reduces likelihood of orb troll but she still needs better awakenings and more rcv.

I didn't notice before but they took away Meimei's god typing in the new form. Gungho is determined to ruin my Athena team.

This could mean they'll take away Haku's devil typing when/if she gets hers. Not looking forward to that.

ZeroAKA

Want.
fnE5wGw.jpg

ZHW1QVP.jpg

DemCIeG.jpg

RUxvID1.jpg

smbu2000

Pulled once each on the Academy REM. iPhone: mini Sun Wukong, iPad: mini Takeru
Didn't really have much hope for this, but wanted to try at least once.

Also pulled once each (so far) on the Godfest that started today.

iPad: Goetia (can be useful although I'd need to skill her up, been using Cell for drop enhance anyway)

iPhone: Zweihander : possibly useful, but that active skill that changes them to Water type is so weird (along with attackers types 1.5x attack for 1 turn). I could possibly put her on my Vegeta team, but if I need an enhance I'd rather use my GZL for the 2x attacker enhance.
For normal stuff, I've now uevo'd Vegeta #2 and got him up to lvl. 90 with the Noel I picked up. I'd rather use him on the team. My current Vegeta farming team is Vegeta/Vegito/Haku/Hanzo/(water character; switch between Blodin, Trunks and Sun Quan depending on the dungeon)

I'll probably roll once more on each.

Tried a bit with Awoken Ra on my iPad. A bit hard as I don't have many time extension awakening on the team. Might have to switch around my team a bit. Also working on making Awoken Horus, too. Still working on making Awoken Ra on my iPhone. Did finally make my Awoken Hinokagutsuchi. Should work very well on my Vegito team. I currently have Trunks/Vegeta/Drake/Liu Bei on it for an all dragon team. Will probably take out Drake for Hino.

Being able to make 4 "colors" out anything including hearts makes things very easy. Now I see why DQXQ was such a popular leader.

Doing pretty well working on my Vegito and I've got him over 200 plus eggs now. Still running with quite an imbalance though and it will take me awhile to finish him I think. ATK: 84, RCV: 85 and HP: 46...

Max skill U&Y #2 occasionally running Seaway, when I need to use stamina (before work or not to waste stamina before a rank up.) One more left to do. After the current event is over I'll work on finishing up my DQXQ.
I'm hoping the Andromeda/Liu Bei survey dungeon comes back in soon as a coin dungeon. I just uevo'd Liu Bei #2 and I'd like to finish skilling him up and then get to work on max skilling Liu Bei #3. (all are/will be the 3TPA Dragon version)

Maid

Banned
I actually like the new Meimei since I found her row enhance is bad when she's in leader position, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ducarmel

WTH they gave Shiva tpas instead of keeping his rows?

Does his new active and leader skill look good?

Awoken Shiva
Attacker / Devil
Active (12cd max): Def reduction (not sure on %) and enhance both Fire and Heal orbs.
LS: 1.5x ATK/RCV to Fire cards. Increase ATK after 4 combos, up to 3x ATK

I think its a great upgrade, Ame dethroned as best mono red team leader.

JP version gets quite a bit more content and way, way more free handouts which make a big difference, especially if you aren't paying to play.

Also, the time specific dungeons will likely be more friendly to your schedule if you play the local version.

There's a few resources that can help you past language issues, if that is a problem.

I might give the Jp version a shot then.

Language is the biggest barrier. I can read Hiragana and Katakana as well as about 1/4 of the Kanji, but my lessons are going slow. Do you have a guide to recommend?

Maid

Banned

Language is the biggest barrier. I can read Hiragana and Katakana as well as about 1/4 of the Kanji, but my lessons are going slow. Do you have a guide to recommend?

As long as you can read Katakana, this place is enough. Some knowledge about mythology is needed to guess the name of the cards from katakana, though.

Play the US version until you're familiar with the interface then switch to JP. The earliest dungeons fly by once you know what you're doing. And since you already have working knowledge of Japanese the biggest stumbling block, not knowing the special dungeon names, won't be an issue for you.

I actually like the new Meimei since I found her row enhance is bad when she's in leader position, so... ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Don't get me wrong, I'd say this new form is definitely better. I'll almost certainly be switching mine over. I can get over losing the god type; I'll just have to build up my Avalon Drake to replace her.

But it's kind of infuriating that they would slightly change one of the most useful leader skills in the game, which is a pain in the ass to skill up as is, and require us to start from scratch.

I think the issue is moreso that
1) her active was already good
2) Arboreal Encounter was relatively recent
3) she was still useful in contemporary teams as far as overall package went

Parvati was in a similar situation but since she didn't have so many of those strikes against her nobody cared.

zoku88

Awoken Meimei has no row enhances at all. They better not take the 2 dark row enhances away from Awoken Haku.

Edit. Ultimate Durga gets 3.5x atk for 3 of her 4 colors and still has 5x atk for all 4 colors. Reduces likelihood of orb troll but she still needs better awakenings and more rcv.
I haven't actually used my Durga yet, but when this update comes, I'd definitely give her a go.

Depends on what changes they make. It took a lot of effort to max skill my Haku so unless the Awoken version is a definite upgrade I wouldn't change mine. No rows = no want.

I didn't notice before but they took away Meimei's god typing in the new form. Gungho is determined to ruin my Athena team.

This could mean they'll take away Haku's devil typing when/if she gets hers. Not looking forward to that.
Gungho would never do that to devils :lol

Besides, Byakko's current sub viability wouldn't suddenly disappear because an alternate ult with different awakenings and improved leader skill exists. Wonder if they're trying to shift away from awoken ults being a total upgrade and more of a sidegrade to slow down the power creep. Would basically screw over certain monsters unless it was done across the board though.

I wouldn't mind using the woodpys for Genbu but all those evo'd chaser feeds I used to skill her up makes me want to wait for a dupe before making the new ult. Especially since she is still very usable in her current form.

hermit7

After looking through the announced awaken evolutions I am not too pleased with any of them. I have levelled meimei but have yet to even evolve her so I may shoot for her but shiva looks worse as a leader.

Going to keep working on Parvati and my green team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ouch just went 0/5 on Andromeda skill up - that hurts. Was hoping that i could finish it and be done with shitty Sapphilit farming :-/

@New Units

Awoken Meimei already ? Weird considered the Chinese Gods are all still quite good - you would think they would focus on units that needs the love more.

Rest looks okay, i think R/G Cao Cao will fit in nice into a Verdandi team if you are focusing on fire dmg. Will definitely evolve him once we get him.
That's one more pull than I expected you to need to get your desired card. :p

I'll give this godfest a yolo roll if Gungho gives me my Kali skillups :lol

Heh - to be fair we had a 3K event a couple months ago were i also pulled for Liu Bei and didnt get him. But its nice to have him now - if i can get his evo materials and awakenings my Verdandi team will be even better.

Oh they changed Durga's subtype to water in her uvo? Kinda weird since she got the fire subtype like a week go.
Yeah, that's the only thing they actually got right with her uevo. Though she should have never had fire in the first place. It was objectively a buff, but it still felt like an insult considering fire is the easiest color to cover for her.

Tobe

RG caocao has awesome awakenings for a kenshiro tpa team. Also just clear zhao yun girst with ronia/minerva then with ronia ronia. Had to change my d/d luci to d/f. It sucks that the new awoken mobs just fuxk up the skills. I want to max skill haku but is it even gonna be worth it if they change it?

ccbfan

First decent Godfest I've had since the last Players Choice Godfest.

Did a yolo but don't end on Gold egg got

Astarot
Baal
Ronia
Ice swordsman

Didn't get my main wants (Luc and Lubu) but got some decent rolls. Most excited about the Ronia (second) since its a Great Ronia team sub and I need a 6 star one for dungeons.

coy

I feel fortunate having a spare Meimei (and Haku) for when this arrives. Too bad I don't have another Shiva.

linsivvi

Meimei skill reset? After I've just maxed her with a combination of drops and piis?

Wait I have a dupe Meimei in my box. Crisis averted....

They better not take the 2 dark row enhances away from Awoken Haku.

As a Beelzebub/Ronia advocate I selfishly want this to happen. 2 TPAs for Haku would be amazing!

Edit: Ok looking at Awoken Meimei again, she's losing the God type and gained 2 types that she never had. That's not a good thing for Athena teams and if the Awoken Haku is the same it's definitely not a good thing.

Quantum

How many blue/green fruits do you have in your box?

I'm going to see how many angelits I'll get tomorrow with zero devilits and eleven angelits in my box right now.

I rage fed a bunch to urd - just because.

I have about 30 blue + green - oh well.

that being said - My urd team is very powerful and not completely leveled or skilled.

cruised through zhao yun mythical.

cao cao getting dual tpa is just fantastic news for URD tpa teams.

Who's Urd???

my new favorite team.

Man I trolled hardcore:

Titan
Cinderella
Purple sky dragon
Thumbelina
L Meta - my 3rd one
Red Chester
Norn Skuld
Kano
Kurone
Lilith
G Odin

I'm never going to get a DQXQ....

zoku88

Man I trolled hardcore:

Titan
Cinderella
Purple sky dragon
Thumbelina
L Meta - my 3rd one
Red Chester
Norn Skuld
Kano
Kurone
Lilith
G Odin

I'm never going to get a DQXQ....
Man, I wish I could get a Skuld. I would instantly trade my dxdq if I could 😃

Quantum

You know what would make her better?

Some R/B team members. I wonder where they are.

after my recent spat of IAP I was able the create:

URD/URD/Kagu/rValk/theurgia/URD which laughs at trifruits and is proving to be a neat team.

I also have access to NIM, which is r/b
shiva = stat stick R/B
Bodin = stat stick
Rodin = row team

I do agree that there should be more r/b, but two urds (or three) have tremendous RCV potential - with R.Valk and the active its really pretty easy to stall (so far).

I'm a bit unhappy that both shiva and cao cao are getting uvo's which would have been better if they has a blue sub, but cao cao retains attacker and gains dual tpa, shiva goes red attacker and also picks up tpa.

(urd + theur + nim + tpa = pretty nice spike)
(urd + valk + kagu +theur = total red board enhanced)
(urd + cao cao + nim + theur = spike + 1 turn delay -> second urd)

then there are the row teams which ignore the blue (save the urds and can include ronia)

so far while not perfect, its a very versatile team - and fun to play (until the next flavor of the month I'm sure)

Zero_IYAD

I haven't pulled the REM in months!
I think my L. Metatron was the last REM pull I did back in August or so!
I've just upgraded my box space to 2000 & I still have 12 stones saved.
Not gonna pull the REM till we get an event REM like Dragon Ball/ H×H/ FF.

Top Bottom