• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

All I have is a ton ronia friends haha, to the point were I should delete some to make room for other leaders.

It's done, I'll just have to get a red jewel from hera-ur. And you're right it isn't worth saving stuff for unannounced updates.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Will try Hera Ur later... Not a fan of the Dungeon, hope I don't get orb trolled with UY. Haven't done Hera Sowilo yet, but I think I'm better of waiting until I have ult evolved Liu Bei for this one.

@jay23

Grats on Beelzebub!!!
Shouldn't be too difficult to somehow get another red Jewel before Lighg Kalis Ult evo gets released here.

J0dy77

Should i do it? I was saving that red jewel for the new l.Kali uevo.

You definitely should do it. We have a long time to wait before we get the U.Evo for light Kali and Beelzebub is one of the best cards in the game. His stats, his awakenings, his active are all great stuff. Not sure what you're main team is but Beelzebub/Ronia will faceroll 90% of the content out there already.

smbu2000

I fucking hate hera ur goddamit!!!!!! Every other herais easy as fuck. Also chester is a blessing in beorc
I always seem to have the most trouble on Beorc.

The new Hera dungeon challenge just came out and I thought I'd try it with my Ronia/Lu Bu team (iPad). Cleared Sowilo (first time), Ur and Is. Subbed in Awoken Ra to take out Ifrit. Was much easier than when I cleared it with a DMeta team. Beorc is next if I can do it...might also try my Pandora team.

On my iPhone, I was trying out my Vegito team and cleared Sowilo(first time) and Ur. I'll try out Is and Beorc after with this team.

I subbed in GZL for the 2x attacker skill boost although he's not a Dragon. Think I might finally work on leveling up my Dragon Shiryu (from the Saint Seiya collab.) He was a silver egg, but he did get an uevo and his skill is very handy, dragon types get 2x attack for 2 turns (hp drops to 1 though.) He'd work well in combination with Vegito's 1 turn delay as you'd have 2 turns to take out the boss.

Also cleared Dragon Zombie on both. Much easier now that your sub-type can be Dragon. Used my Vegito team and on my iPad used a Cell team (with my iPhone Vegito as a friend.)

jay23

Hera-ur would be so much easier if I had a max skilled Darkseid. Don't think I can do enough damage if I put bane on my devil team.

Jagernaut

Hera-ur would be so much easier if I had a max skilled Darkseid. Don't think I can do enough damage if I put bane on my devil team.

My Darkseid is up to 13 turns so I will use him. You can kill the green ogre and stall on the blue one as long as you don't bring him below 50%. Just need to heal back 16000 in 4 turns, and use a row of hearts to remove 3 turns of bind for each monster with bind rcv, easy for Ronia.

cw_sasuke

Shit im stupid...messed up an easy combo on Hera-Ur - could have cleared it already :-/

Still couple of days left, will cool of for now and try again in a couple of days. In U&Y we trust.

Will give Hera-Sowilo a shot tomorrow.

Hera-Ur and Hera down.

Almost to 50 pal pulls, what is the new limit?

Are there any legit teams that can take down Hera rush?

EDIT: Oh Hera-Ur pushed me to level 300. I have 9 teams now...

tr4656

Cleared Hera-Is for the first time, funny thing is I mistakenly entered that dungeon instead of the first one lol.

Is it worth taking on on Hera beorc with a ronia/lu bu team? I see you guys talking about bind but I don't have a full resist team..I think.

Should i do it? I was saving that red jewel for the new l.Kali uevo.

ckuK5Sm.jpg

Just do it. You can get another jewel fairly easily and who knows when the Kali uvo will come. Beelzebub uvo will be useful now.

cw_sasuke

What does the regular Beelzebuub team look like when paired with Ronia ?

Quantum

Hera-Ur and Hera down.

EDIT: Oh Hera-Ur pushed me to level 300. I have 9 teams now...

- theres a blue sonia video that looks like it will work for me (although I only have 1 blonia)

the team is blonia/blonia/blodin/blodin/rodin/blonia

- think the rodin was there just as a stat stick - might be able to create a decent team and try with a bit of luck.

- I haven't run hera in so long - aside from the last challenge its odd trying to select what team to use
- I have 3 hera-urs in my book but cant for the life of me remember the team I used.

mine is variable, but have had success with:

beelz/ d/d loki/CDD/ d/d Haku/lilith/Ronia

beelz/ d/r FAL /lu bu/ d/d Haku/lilith/Ronia

My first pull was Loki so I have a very decent selection of devils - and my D/R FAL is max skilled which is fun although redundant with beelz

jay23

Non-REM would be Beel/Vampire/Awoken Hera/King Baddie/Lilith. Then you can just replace better REM ones that have the same utility as those above.

Rem monsters would be

Beelz/haku/pandora/lu bu/cdd/ronia

But we don't have lu bu or Pandora uevo yet.

My Darkseid is up to 13 turns so I will use him. You can kill the green ogre and stall on the blue one as long as you don't bring him below 50%. Just need to heal back 16000 in 4 turns, and use a row of hearts to remove 3 turns of bind for each monster with bind rcv, easy for Ronia.

I usually kill the blue ogre first. My problem is going from floor 2 to 3. Health is usually low and you have to be careful comboing, so you don't get ifrit under 50%.

My not-ideal team I'm running with Beelz right now is:

Beelz / Baddie / D/D Haku / Dill Sirius / D/W Loki

I don't have some of the key REM subs, but I do have some subs I can swap in that I need to level first

jiggle

Bleh giving up on Hera ur on my alt
Need two Ronia for round 4 and 5, which means I can't use darkseid since I don't have the hp to eat the two preemptives from round 2 and 4

Jagernaut

Need two Ronia for round 4 and 5, which means I can't use darkseid since I don't have the hp to eat the two preemptives from round 2 and 4

You can lead with ultimate Beelzebub If you have him and use Ronia as a sub.

Jagernaut

You can lead with ultimate Beelzebub If you have him and use Ronia as a sub.

razterik

New limit is 100 pulls. Save 'em for the evo machine returning. Had 80+ stashed in JP when the machine randomly came back this week. Made it rain jewels and mythical mats.

Cleared Hera Rush today...in JP with a weak Minerva crew. The PDX build with Echidna and Light Tron works, although you still need skill ups and a lucky first couple boards.

yami4ct

Looking at all the red jewels I need for my Urd team is terrifying. 4 of them. I'll get one from the Hera event, but the others are sure going to be not fun. Hopefully the evo machine returns fairly soon.

The fact that Dancing Hera-Ur needs 3 is hilarious.

jay23

New limit is 100 pulls. Save 'em for the evo machine returning. Had 80+ stashed in JP when the machine randomly came back this week. Made it rain jewels and mythical mats.

Nice I plan on doing that

I hope they have more reliable methods to get jewels. Hera challenge is a great start, we need more of that.

razterik

The challenge sets with jewel rewards should run almost constantly outside of event periods which feature pii Challenge dungeons. There's Hera, Zeus, Devil and Yamato challenges. No idea when Yamato will come because it features Kaguya Hime descended, which we won't get normally for a while.

JP cycled back to Hera challenge this week and the rewards have been refreshed for more jewels.

saichi

man that Hera-Beorc is such a killer for me... LTron Healer team can't do it, Beelzbub team is not high level enoug, Ame team can't make it past floor 4. I guess I'll have to get green jewel from somewhere else. :(

Okamid3n

Queen's Banquet, my first Legend Plus clear. ;_;

And it was so easy I could pretty much farm it. Minerva x yamato with a full team of orb changers is OP for this.

Okamid3n

Set up and strategy?

Team :
Max skill Yamato; unskilled Leilan; Rodin; Max skill Mamiya; Max Skill Echidna
Friend : Max skill Minerva

Floor 1 : Use Mamiya, Minerva or both depending on what you need to get her below 50% hp, that lets you tank one shot or stall for one turn if she's below 25%. Echidna is now up.

Floor 2 : Use Echidna if necessary, but Leilan + Yamato can get her below 50% for sure if you maximize your rows. I use a chart for maximum damage with two third red boards. Below 50%, you can stall a bit.

Floor 3 : Normal Hera, can stall as long as you want. Fattie, I never got him, but Rodin kills him.

Floor 4, skills from floor 1 are back up, you can one shot or stall if you want.

Floor 5, you can stall all you want, just leave her above 50%. Skill-bind is a non-issue. When you're ready to kill, you can use yamato + mamiya and heal in the process. You need to heal to tank the pre-emptive.

Floor 6 : non-issue, can stall forever.

Only the first two floors are dangerous, but if you know your yamato, you know how much damage you can make with a given board.

jiggle

Team :
Max skill Yamato; unskilled Leilan; Rodin; Max skill Mamiya; Max Skill Echidna
Friend : Max skill Minerva

Floor 1 : Use Mamiya, Minerva or both depending on what you need to get her below 50% hp, that lets you tank one shot or stall for one turn if she's below 25%. Echidna is now up.

Floor 2 : Use Echidna if necessary, but Leilan + Yamato can get her below 50% for sure if you maximize your rows. I use a chart for maximum damage with two third red boards. Below 50%, you can stall a bit.

Floor 3 : Normal Hera, can stall as long as you want. Fattie, I never got him, but Rodin kills him.

Floor 4, skills from floor 1 are back up, you can one shot or stall if you want.

Floor 5, you can stall all you want, just leave her above 50%. Skill-bind is a non-issue. When you're ready to kill, you can use yamato + mamiya and heal in the process. You need to heal to tank the pre-emptive.

Floor 6 : non-issue, can stall forever.

Only the first two floors are dangerous, but if you know your yamato, you know how much damage you can make with a given board.
Wow thanks for the detailed write up!
I don't have the exact same subs but I may give it a try with Yamato still.
Thanks!

Quantum

This game...

wasted a stone due to anger ><

hera-ur mythical figured wth - haven't done it in awhile

I'll take a blonia team.

Trial 1: no blue orbs. hermes-> no blue orbs.-> fail floor 2
Trial 2: no heal orbs. Blodin heal -> no heal orbs - 12 match cascade -> no heal orbs -> fail on infrit >< (floor 3)
Trial 3: no blue orbs. Fail floor 2
Trial 4: floor five pop blonia active - this was a piece of cake till this point - 5 blue orbs -> fail

lets play Beelz ->
Trial 1: healing fail.
Trial 2: get to floor 5 - spike isn't enough die 2 turns later.

not a fun evening lol.

edit: I love complaining here: Beelz run 3 - got rid of lilith and just tanked infrit -> dominated it... (lol 1 stone wasted though)

Tobe

same thing happen to me, switch i think raoh for my hypermax dtron(ronia team) just tanked through everything. easy gg

razterik

Fell asleep with JP PAD open a few days ago and when I looked at my account the next morning I thought I was missing a few stones. Didn't have any more REM pulls or extra box space, so figured I was misremembering my stone count, but it's been bugging me.

Was just scrolling through my friend list and noticed the max was expanded to 70. Well at least now I know I'm not crazy, but I wonder how the hell I even managed that. Heh.

J0dy77

This Game...

I had the same kind of rage day with Hera-Ur. I can clear this dungeon 10 times in a row without issue. Yesterday, I wiped three times before rolling through on the fourth. I had dark orbs all but disappear on the 3 wipes. Not a fun pad day.

Just rolled over Sowilo with Hathor. I'm liking Hathor so far, but it can be tough to put out decent damage. Hopefully her uvo comes with a TPA. And please give her a time extend.

P.S. I keep forgetting to use Hathor's active. One of these days it's going to cost me a win. I've had the same issue with Kirin when I've used her.

Quantum

I had the same kind of rage day with Hera-Ur. I can clear this dungeon 10 times in a row without issue. Yesterday, I wiped three times before rolling through on the fourth. I had dark orbs all but disappear on the 3 wipes. Not a fun pad day.

Today was much better - Sowilo was easy with a blonia team - never even close to losing

Beroc was more of a pain - I took 60% resist Urd team and of course was skill bound the first two times I tried by leviathan - the third time I got "lucky" and avoided the bind - steam rolled it with a non-maxed skilled, non-max leveled URD team (more tpa than row)

(Urd/Urd/Awoken Hino/UvoRValk/theur/Urd)

I think Urd has some great potential.

- No way I can take a blonia team into Hera Rush, can't min the preemptive or switch out my team to decrease dmg without dropping the dmg too low.
- not sure if I'm going to be able to run it if I can't figure out a team that has a good chance of surviving.

- doing these challenges makes me realize that even the best leveled/plussed teams still get orb trolled ALOT - oh well, at least 4 jewels can be put to use - have to decide what to invest in:
- second awoken hino (urd would like this)
- Uvo YValk - have chibi valk so maybe not a priority
- Uvo BValk - not in any regular team I run right now
- second Crazy Beelz? would anyone do this?

cw_sasuke

Alright guys thanks for the beelz team recommendations, hope i can try a more tankier team with him in the future. Have to focus on the current teams first though. Verdandi is done for now once i get Liu Beis Awakenings and level CuChu further. Need to still skill up U&Y and GZL at some point. And the whole Andromeda team is missing Awakenings lol....might take a while xD

- doing these challenges makes me realize that even the best leveled/plussed teams still get orb trolled ALOT - oh well, at least 4 jewels can be put to use - have to decide what to invest in:
- second awoken hino (urd would like this)
- Uvo YValk - have chibi valk so maybe not a priority
- Uvo BValk - not in any regular team I run right now
- second Crazy Beelz? would anyone do this?

I have BValk as well and was going to UVO her - but dont know if its worth the Jewels right now. I would use her on my Andromeda team and i dont think i need the +Skill and 2nd TPA tight now anyway.

She is also listed as a Top Tier sub for U&Y teams - but is there a reason to run her if you already have a 2nd U&Y as sub and got the light element covered ? Dont think so.

For you maybe..just keep them Jewels for now, doesnt seem like you really need any of these evolution xD

Top Bottom