• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

ugh:

probably should have just yolo rolled -

6 stones spent trying to skill up my urd:

24 trifruit runs - using new urd team

4 fail (all 4 in first two turns (1 orb troll, 3 I'm a klutz))

11 blue fruit
7 green fruit
2 red fruit
3 baby tamadras

skill ups on urd: zero
Skill ups on verdandi: zero
Awakenings: zero

might use the last four stones, but wtf!

zoku88

With U&Y ? You also need luck to OHKO everything from Formula and heal at the same time. With Grodin it might be a bit easier but once you are hit its tough to get back come back.

I need a Blue Jewel...but Hera-Ur is just too stressful right now xD

Yea, that's basically what I was trying to do. :S

Also tried one run with Metatron. I think I didn't use the proper strategy. I probably should have just tried to OHKO formula since 14K for the second hit is pretty big.. Unfortunately messed up stalling the first round, somehow, so I wasn't confident in my ability to kill him...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah, styluses are great for PAD

It was a weird feeling not having my screen being occupied by my hand. I was doing combos on my 3DS till the end, while i get a bit more shaky/less confident on my phone at the end of a turn.

Can you recommended a specific stylus ? Or should i just get the cheapest one working on smartphones... ?

Edit:

Yea, that's basically what I was trying to do. :S

Also tried one run with Metatron. I think I didn't use the proper strategy. I probably should have just tried to OHKO formula since 14K for the second hit is pretty big.. Unfortunately messed up stalling the first round, somehow, so I wasn't confident in my ability to kill him...

Oh alright - still think U&Y is your best shot, yes you might get orb trolled but with a bit luck you should just go for 25x activation on every stage and hope to heal enough HP back.

How does you U&Y team look like nowadays anyway ?

razterik

gIvvCV9l.jpg

This was a right pain in the butt. 3/13 to start since I had an old skill up from a while back. Then 1/24 today.

None of these Heroes are going to go easy on me, huh.

Have to go back for at least one more max Andromeda, too. Wish I had some Liu Bei to feed.

zoku88

Oh alright - still think U&Y is your best shot, yes you might get orb trolled but with a bit luck you should just go for 25x activation on every stage and hope to heal enough HP back.

Well, my team pretty much has U&Y, Sun Quan and Yomi as static members.

The last two slots are whatever I feel like. For Hera Ur, probably would want Meta in case I cant OHKO Ifrit and get the water bind. I was also trying with either Grodin or the blue angel.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. If you can't reliably beat a dungeon, it doesn't really make sense to use it to form for a jewel, probably.

tr4656

It was a weird feeling not having my screen being occupied by my hand. I was doing combos on my 3DS till the end, while i get a bit more shaky/less confident on my phone at the end of a turn.

Can you recommended a specific stylus ? Or should i just get the cheapest one working on smartphones... ?

Edit:

Oh wait, is the 3DS game out already?

I personally like the Adonit Jots. AmazonBasic has a bit too much friction for me to be always consistent. Cosmonaut is also really good.

cw_sasuke

This was a right pain in the butt. 3/13 to start since I had an old skill up from a while back. Then 1/24 today.

None of these Heroes are going to go easy on me, huh.

Have to go back for at least one more max Andromeda, too. Wish I had some Liu Bei to feed.

Congrats man - hope i can max skill her this weekend as well.
I dont have a 2nd Andro but from what i read she is an amazing sub for her own team, so good luck on that 2nd one.

Really hope i get Liu Bei this GF - i have like 25 skill ups waiting for him due to Water Fairy farming xD
Well, my team pretty much has U&Y, Sun Quan and Yomi as static members.

The last two slots are whatever I feel like. For Hera Ur, probably would want Meta in case I cant OHKO Ifrit and get the water bind. I was also trying with either Grodin or the blue angel.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. If you can't reliably beat a dungeon, it doesn't really make sense to use it to form for a jewel, probably.

Okay doesnt seem like there is much room to improve since you are already rocking the best subs - though you might not even need subs like Sun Quan and could fill the spot with orb changers to ensure 25x - if you can TPA during 25x U&Y alone should be enough to OHKO every stage.

I like Sun Quan but i dont think you really need him or his active for this dungeon, especially if he is not skilled up.

Thanks, will look into it.

Damn..why did he get banned ? :-/
Oh wait, is the 3DS game out already?

I personally like the Adonit Jots. AmazonBasic has a bit too much friction for me to be always consistent. Cosmonaut is also really good.
Cool will look into it, hope its not to expensive.

btw. Just playing the demo which got released on the EU eShop yesterday. I think the US is getting the demo end of the month and the game in may. 2 games for 29,99€ is a steal - day 1 for me.

zoku88

Well, the biggest problem is that my orb changes are mostly the types that destroy hearts. But you're right, I don't really need Sun Quan's active. Kinda want to go with a Leader that has like 2.x ATK and 2.x RCV or something.

Anyway, I decided to do a YOLO pull just cuz.

Got FAL. Don't really have a use for him.

coy

Pulled REM til I didn't see gold in hopes of 3K gods:

Verdandi
Chester
GZL
Drall

No 3K but I am ecstatic for Verdandi and GZL. With Osiris and GGY from the last godfest along with Odin, Meimei, Kushi (x3) and Valk as subs to work with, I'll be playing around with GZL in short order. Now I can save the stones for a better pantheon pairing or PCGF for another shot at 3K.

cw_sasuke

Oh yes - got Lui Bei on my 2nd pull. Grape Dragon was my first pull.

Stopping now. Done with this Godfest :-D

Edit:

And got him max skilled !!
Pulled REM til I didn't see gold in hopes of 3K gods:

Verdandi
Chester
GZL
Drall

No 3K but I am ecstatic for Verdandi and GZL. With Osiris and GGY from the last godfest along with Odin, Meimei, Kushi (x3) and Valk as subs to work with, I'll be playing around with GZL in short order. Now I can save the stones for a better pantheon pairing or PCGF for another shot at 3K.

Congrats - amazing pulls !!
Need more Verdandi friends anyway :)
Well, the biggest problem is that my orb changes are mostly the types that destroy hearts. But you're right, I don't really need Sun Quan's active. Kinda want to go with a Leader that has like 2.x ATK and 2.x RCV or something.

Anyway, I decided to do a YOLO pull just cuz.

Got FAL. Don't really have a use for him.

Its probably safer that way - yeah.

Congrats on FAL even if you cant use him yet, from what i heard is he a top unit.

yami4ct

6 pulls. Got

Marine Rider, Urd, Red Riding Hood, Water Dragon Swordsman, Nephthys and Yamato (Dupe).

Thus continues the theme of PAD desperately wants to force me to play Fire teams, though it seems like Urd might actually be one of the best things going. If so, holy crap! May finally have found something to replace Kirin as my main. What are the required subs for her to operate at top level? I don't have Chiyomi, nor Beast Rider or Cao Cao?

Also, any use for a second Yamato and what is up with Nephthys? I know zero about the Egyptian 2.0 stuff. That was about the time I stopped paying super close attention to new REM stuff.

EDIT:
Probably just easier if I link my padHerder. Just updated it with all the new stuff.
https://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ct/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;default,0

Was working on a Yamto/Leilan/R.Valk/Freyr (or Kagu)/ Uriel Teem, but that is going on the back burner now I got Urd. No idea what's the best way to build.

Maid

Banned
Got Cinderella from a yolo pull without anything in mind. Is she even good? I hardly saw anyone mentioned her in their team.

Ducarmel

Got FA Luci well my Ronia dark team got a little stronger.

Edit:

Yolo my Japan account and got one of the new special rem gods the red juggler type one.

edit 2
Gadius http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1946

imo i think him and the others are better then juggler but I'm missing a lot of cards on my jp account. Never thought I would want Flare Drall, surprised to learn he drops in Diagoldos descend. Also need Uriel and Yamato

Tobe

I think that i only need pandora to complete my perfect dark team. I think i have all the important orb changers sans persephone.

Ok guys, I'm asking here as a last resort. I want to play Puzzle & Dragons, but I have a problem. Region locking.

I'm an english speaker living in Japan. Whenever I access the Google Play store it only shows the JP version on my Galaxy S5, obviously.

When I use a VPN on my laptop to access the play store and look up the US version of P&D it says that it's incompatible with my device.

Does anyone know a way to work this out, or am I screwed?

Just sideload the NA APK on your device, no root required. Use something like http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/?id=jp.gungho.padEN to grab the file.

Although I think you'll want to be playing the JP version down the road anyways.

I did end up quickly resolving this by using a VPN service on my phone. It required that I used [Clear Data] in the app manager first, but it worked like a charm.

I'm curious as to the reason I'd want to use the Jp version? Content differences I'm assuming?

razterik

JP version gets quite a bit more content and way, way more free handouts which make a big difference, especially if you aren't paying to play.

Also, the time specific dungeons will likely be more friendly to your schedule if you play the local version.

There's a few resources that can help you past language issues, if that is a problem.

pix

Pulled today hoping for a Lui Bei. Currently my team is Verdandi, Vishnu, UEVO Marine Rider, Cu Chulain, GZL.

Sasuke
Fuma
Hatsume (Andromeda team)
Fairlo
GZL (Dupe)
RValk
Vampire
Lui Bei!!!!!!!!!!

So pumped.

Whitelines

Neo Member
I really wanted LuBu or FA lucifer so i spent my 25 stones

Unlike the luckiest guy on pad( cw_sasuke) :p i got trolled to the end

basilisk
water dragon swordsman
green knight, delgado
Godin (dupe)
Sun Quan

saichi

Stamina is really a big problem in PAD. With all the meaningful dungeons now cost at least 50 stamina per play, a player can only play about 5 games a day. For gold metal dragons dungeons they only last like 30 seconds - which gives an average player only about few minutes of play time a day.

They need to give us something to do that benefit our monsters but do not require stamina to play. This will give us incentives to always boot up the game.

That's why you stone and how GH makes money. With 5 min stamina refill, we are already getting twice the stamina comparing to a year ago.

razterik

Skill change, so yeah.

Why run skill up dungeons, again? Haha. Just farm piis at 10k stamina each..

Not really impressed with any of these ultimates. Awoken Chinese is too soon and going to be wasted on bad skills. Enjoy your four enhanced green orbs, Genbu! Unless her triple resist is all 50%, not sure igaf.

Who's Urd???

lmao at that Durga ult. Just couldn't give her that second tpa (or literally anything). At least I can use her as a poor man's Lu Bu on my Beel/Ronia team...

Top Bottom