• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Alright, I'm convinced. Goemon is awoken now. Gave it a trial run and it went really well, even if I got a bad enemy set in the first round. 2.5x carried me till I used Goemon active on floor 9 and had no issues taking out Zeus. Nice. I'm on your list if you want to do the BFF thing, my IGN is Xeta - 216,157,048. Otherwise I'll have him up on weekends when I'm not running OoH with Athena or something more pressing.

jiggle

Had to hustle to skill up my new liu bei
Even considered stoning
Didn't need to
Winron dropping left and right
5/10 skill ups (could've had higher rates, but i batch fed in 5s)

Why can't all skill ups be this painless >.,>

3 Liu Beis are pretty good. If you have a Verdandi, then you will have a great team there as they can do massive damage with 3 TPAs and they match her colors for the HP bonus. I have 3 Liu Beis as well and I'm slowing working on leveling them up. #1 is done, #2 is halfway there (uevo'd but not max leveled/skilled) and the third I've just barely started on. I'm also levelling up my 3 Verdandis as well...

Yeah I run a Verdandi team right now with 2liubei and a cu chulainn and freyja(or green grimoire)
Only thing I don't like about this team is the lack of a 2.5x or 3x for the entire team
playing around on damage calculator
Freyja's party wide multiplier was only giving me around 2.4mil burst damage(took me 3 turns to kill Satan)
Switching to King Woodsie bumped it to 3.5 but liubei doesn't get its benefit
With 3 Liubei now, I'm thinking of using King Flamie instead, but then Verdandi gets left out :(
so hard XD

tr4656

Even considered stoning
Didn't need to

I wish I could have that luck.

jay23

He gets close to D.Fagan KotG clear times even without REM subs.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4dcr4sCUSo

You only really need Satan and a 5 turn orb changer. I've been using Beelzebub and the Goemon team I tried today cleared it about 3 times as fast. I need the awakenings for the rows and skill boost. Mine is only level 25 since I just started working on him, but I should have him maxed or close to it the next time 3x comes around, so the level doesn't really matter.

Whoa this farming team looks awesome, I hate having to stall for skills with my kotg team.

Also I'm jelly of you guys and your wood teams lol, they seem to be the new cool kids on the block.

Jagernaut

I just blew up Descend Challenge - Zeus Dios with Yamato, first descend clear with him. I cleared Zeus Dios a long time ago with Horus, this was much easier.

Only hyper maxed monsters are Ronia #1 and Yamato friend. Ronia #2 has 2 skillups, everyone else was max skilled.

Dkig75P.jpg

am_dragon

Sold $500 worth of junk on a garage sale so I bought some stones.

Ronia 2nd, still useful
Shining Draogn Swordsman - No idea.
Ariel - I have attacker Ama, and Superman so maybe?
Shaitan - 3rd
Mitsuki - dup
Ares - dup
Fire Dragon Swordsman
Apocalypse

I'm tempted to roll more, but pretty happy so I think quitting while "ahead" would be my best option.

Hera Challenge coming to NA next week.

- Queen’s Banquet - Legend Plus… Jewel of Darkness, Snow Globe Dragon Rouge, Snow Globe Dragon Blue
- Shining Death Queen - Mythical… Jewel of Light
- Arboreal Queen - Mythical… Jewel of Wood
- Demonic Fire Queen - Mythical… Jewel of Fire
- Queen of Absolute Zero - Mythical… Jewel of Water
- Divine Queen - Legend… 2000 Pal Points

razterik

Whoa this farming team looks awesome, I hate having to stall for skills with my kotg team.

It's not perfect. Unless you have a ton of skill boosts, you need to stall early to get Goemon up by the final stages. I'm still finessing my team, might even take out Satan since he's a liability early on and unnecessary by the end.

Yay for Hera Challenge. Good source of jewels. Now if only we had some ultimates to use them on.

linsivvi

- Queen’s Banquet - Legend Plus… Jewel of Darkness, Snow Globe Dragon Rouge, Snow Globe Dragon Blue

You can't continue in these dungeons, right?

Jagernaut

I used atlantaguy's suggested team for Noah Descend challenge, used DTron instead of DKali since I don't have her. Umisachi&Yamasachi are awesome even without being able to use my top tier subs (Sun Quan and blue Valk).

Time to learn how to do Hera Rush :lol

tr4656

Sold $500 worth of junk on a garage sale so I bought some stones.

Ronia 2nd, still useful
Shining Draogn Swordsman - No idea.
Ariel - I have attacker Ama, and Superman so maybe?
Shaitan - 3rd
Mitsuki - dup
Ares - dup
Fire Dragon Swordsman
Apocalypse

I'm tempted to roll more, but pretty happy so I think quitting while "ahead" would be my best option.
Good idea. Just quit/
Time to learn how to do Hera Rush :lol

It's pretty easy with Kirin.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm considering Dino Rider as well. Also the new cao cao uvo could be a solid option.

Also thought about evolving Dino Rider, but now i think i will just wait for CaoCao Ult Evos to hit NA.

Man this amazing - havent beaten Hera Sowilo yet but for a Jewel of Light i will have the right motivation this time heh.

I just went three for three on skill ups for Liu bei! Score! Max skilled!

Hopefully I will have this luck with Verdandi skill ups on Thursday.

Congrats on Liu Bei max skilled and good luck on Verdandi, hope i can get some Green fruits the coming weeks as well !!

I'm all for this if it was trash, but I cringe a little if you are selling stuff to buy stones.

I dont think he sold the stuff just buy stones lol.

I went 1/25 on Verdandi yesterday. So many tears.

Wow...just wow :-/

am_dragon

I dont think he sold the stuff just buy stones lol.

It depends on how you look at it. ;)
I was really hoping to sell $50 worth of crap so I could buy stones, but yeah the stuff was piled in a spare bedroom and needed to go. It was getting sold, donated, or thrown away. We do this about once a year, usually it isn't worth it. Sitting in your driveway dealing with strangers isn't my favorite past time.

one more role, 2nd Ariel, yep should have quit.

Based on the box space conversation above I added 50, should have done that long ago, I might end up buying more. I was getting frustrated trying to manage all the Sprites I'm trying to keep for my two Andromedi.

It's not perfect. Unless you have a ton of skill boosts, you need to stall early to get Goemon up by the final stages. I'm still finessing my team, might even take out Satan since he's a liability early on and unnecessary by the end.

Yay for Hera Challenge. Good source of jewels. Now if only we had some ultimates to use them on.
I tried switching out Satan for Leilan but managing my health due to skyfalls and clearing heart orbs slowed me down too much. He's doubly useless since I'm using Minerva, but I can't justify getting rid of the negative rcv. I'm using Goemon/Ronia/Minerva/Hera-Ur/Satan. Eventually going to replace Hera-Ur with Horus once I finish Goemon and work on him.

J0dy77

I just went three for three on skill ups for Liu bei! Score! Max skilled!

Hopefully I will have this luck with Verdandi skill ups on Thursday.

I got lucky myself, went 1 for 1 on Haku skillup. She's one away from max, just have to wait until Tuesday to farm dark keepers and wait on the next event. Can't wait to finally be done with Watery Temptress forever.

Maid

Banned
I just realized Medjedra would be a solid Verdandi sub. Most of my subs are balanced, so his active skill would be useful as a boost and damage resist. Plus he gets the HP boost AND has great awakenings. Skilling him up would be kind of a pain though.

Still can't find a good consistent team to beat him. My Kirin team is just a laughable mess just to fit enough skill bind resists. It's a matter of how lucky I can be at Isis to get a red skyfall before I run out of heart for healing.

smbu2000

Well I ended up getting my Vegito up to 269 plus eggs before the 3x event finished. (technically I still have half a day left to work with) Got both ATK and RCV up to 99 and I need 30 more HP plus eggs.

Still trying to decide on who to work on next. I've gotten a few ATK and RCV plus eggs to give to next. I was thinking about Trunks, or maybe I should finally go for one of my HnK characters like Kenshiro or Raoh. They'll probably get uevos whenever the collab. comes around again. Then again I use Trunks a lot on both of my Vegeta and Vegito teams, so I might just go for him to make both of those teams stronger.

Didn't get as much time to work on the Cell on my iPad, but I did manage to get him over 100, so I'm happy with that. 1 continue cleared Challenge Dungeon 8 with my newly made Awoken Ra team. I didn't have a board changer on my team and Lucifer ended up taking me out after a few turns as he kept turning the dark drops to jammers. Maybe I should have put my Sakuya on the team...

Oh and I pre-ordered the PAD Mario 3DS game for my gf. She played the first one as well. She also just finished hyper maxing her LMeta and is close to 297ing her Sun Wukong.

Even considered stoning
Didn't need to

Yeah I run a Verdandi team right now with 2liubei and a cu chulainn and freyja(or green grimoire)
Only thing I don't like about this team is the lack of a 2.5x or 3x for the entire team
playing around on damage calculator
Freyja's party wide multiplier was only giving me around 2.4mil burst damage(took me 3 turns to kill Satan)
Switching to King Woodsie bumped it to 3.5 but liubei doesn't get its benefit
With 3 Liubei now, I'm thinking of using King Flamie instead, but then Verdandi gets left out :(
so hard XD
Congrats on getting your new one max skilled.

I generally use GZL for the boost on my Verdandi team. Although, she doesn't get the boost, Liu Bei and GZL do and they are the ones who do the most damage. 2x is quite a lot for them when using TPAs.

Still can't find a good consistent team to beat him. My Kirin team is just a laughable mess just to fit enough skill bind resists. It's a matter of how lucky I can be at Isis to get a red skyfall before I run out of heart for healing.
I used my Bastet skill bind resist team. It was pretty much kill or be killed all the way through. Not worth the risk for farming skill ups yet, but at least I have one for the Bastet uvo. I think once I have her awoken and Verdandi leveled and skilled I'll feel much more comfortable with it, especially when we get awoken Meimei.

NineH

Wow...just wow :-/

Yeah, I had been farming thursday mythical for a while now to max skill my Ronia and Blonia. I had no Gronia so I was just amassing green trifruits since I had nothing to use them on and I felt it would be a waste to feed them away. I finally got a Verdandi to use them on this past godfest but little did I know of the abysmal skill up rate I would get.

razterik

I tried switching out Satan for Leilan but managing my health due to skyfalls and clearing heart orbs slowed me down too much. He's doubly useless since I'm using Minerva, but I can't justify getting rid of the negative rcv. I'm using Goemon/Ronia/Minerva/Hera-Ur/Satan. Eventually going to replace Hera-Ur with Horus once I finish Goemon and work on him.

I died a few times with Satan, which negates any speed bonus in my mind. Also taking Ronia, Minerva, and Hera-Ur Senpai. She'll get switched for Horus once he's in his Awoken form for the skill boosts. Ended up slotting Lu Bu over Satan. Two skill boosts, no RCV, and his active puts me in the zone for floor 8. It is slower, but I'm not sure what can be done about that until Goemon is max skilled. Might try dropping Minerva for Tomato and his triple skill boost. Also going to test the Zeus burst without enhance, since it seems like overkill with enough rows and red physical/dragon team members.

Saw on reddit that they somewhat cleared up what they're doing with the legend dungeons. It was too much to implement all at once, so they're going to start as decends and gradually have features added. Don't know if we're ever going to get what they originally had planned, but at the very least they haven't been soley regulated to a different type of descend.
I died a few times with Satan, which negates any speed bonus in my mind. Also taking Ronia, Minerva, and Hera-Ur Senpai. She'll get switched for Horus once he's in his Awoken form for the skill boosts. Ended up slotting Lu Bu over Satan. Two skill boosts, no RCV, and his active puts me in the zone for floor 8. It is slower, but I'm not sure what can be done about that until Goemon is max skilled. Might try dropping Minerva for Tomato and his triple skill boost. Also going to test the Zeus burst without enhance, since it seems like overkill with enough rows and red physical/dragon team members.
You definitely don't need the enhance. Was able to kill Zeus without it.

jiggle

I generally use GZL for the boost on my Verdandi team. Although, she doesn't get the boost, Liu Bei and GZL do and they are the ones who do the most damage. 2x is quite a lot for them when using TPAs.

i wish i have GZL!
My options now are

Flame Bowl Demon (2.5x)
or
King Flamie (3x)

Flame bowl demon gives 4000 hp more than Flamie in verdandi team
hard to choose lol XD

chrono01

I'm sitting on 100+ Magic Stones for when they introduce either PAD Academy [I need Athena] or a collaboration event, such as Final Fantasy, DBZ, or HxH.

Ideally, I'd love to try for Juggler, but I'm guessing we'll never get that one.

tr4656

Don't have Kirin but I may try it with LKali. Seems like Kirin is the superior choice since Beorc and Sowilo both turn dark orbs into light orbs.

Do you just stall out Photosynthesis on Beorc? Might be a PITA due to the green orb creation though.
Yeah, stall out photosynthesis.
I'm sitting on 100+ Magic Stones for when they introduce either PAD Academy [I need Athena] or a collaboration event, such as Final Fantasy, DBZ, or HxH.

Ideally, I'd love to try for Juggler, but I'm guessing we'll never get that one.

All of these sound unlikely to happen.

Jagernaut

Maxed skilled my Liu Bei, only ran the dungeon on two 2x days. Skillups are relatively easy when you can feed directly without evolving.

Maid

Banned
Found this one little neat chart for people who love TPA like me.

I used my Bastet skill bind resist team. It was pretty much kill or be killed all the way through. Not worth the risk for farming skill ups yet, but at least I have one for the Bastet uvo. I think once I have her awoken and Verdandi leveled and skilled I'll feel much more comfortable with it, especially when we get awoken Meimei.

Maxed skill Medjed is really tempting for wood balance team, really, but it's a huge pain to obtain.

tr4656

Maxed skill Medjed is really tempting for wood balance team, really, but it's a huge pain to obtain.

Nice chart. 11 level for skills is pretty annoying but at least its not a hard dungeon.

yami4ct

Building an Urd team. So far I'm thinking

Urd/Fire Valk/Hino-Kagu/Flex/Boost

For the flex slot, I'm thinking of going either Attacker Ama or L. Meta. Ama gets me a full bind heal, but L. meta has better recovery due to her boost from Urd and way quicker skill cooldown. Ama also gets me a TPA.

For the boost slot, I'm thinking either DQ Hera Urd or Freyr. Freyr has a more consistent, straight forward boost, but Hera has the TPA on her. I could also use Shiva (I'm assuming F/W would be the best in that case), but as with Freyr I lose the TPA. Thinking I'll just level him up for a backup on dungeons where I could use his def break.

Any thoughts on which of those will best fill those slots? I'm leaning Ama/Hera, subbing in L.Meta for dungeons with a lot of binds, but am open to hearing more ideas.

linsivvi

For Beorc, I used a hybrid Horus/Kushinadahime skill bind resist team with Horus the only mob with light element so the only obstacle is to clear floor 3 and 4 on time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Got my first Green Jewel YES - 1 down 2 to go.
Hera-Beorc is really made for GZL skill bind resist teams.

Maxed skilled my Liu Bei, only ran the dungeon on two 2x days. Skillups are relatively easy when you can feed directly without evolving.
Nice and yeah skill ups without having to evolve the material are the best. Dont know if i ever wanna go through that evolve/skill up process again after Andromeda the last 2 weeks :-/
Max skilled Hanzo. Let's see how many Liu Bei skill-ups I can get tonight.

Congrats !!

btw. This just made me realized that i am yet to pull one of the orbchange Ninja - no Hatsume, Sasuke, Hanzo, Fuma etc. ....weird.

Thats a real helpful chart - i will try to use it for Athena and co. the next time.

Hope i can give Medjed a shot next time he is up, he seems like a good Verdandi sub.

Maid

Banned

Pretty straight forward and easy to manage team for Hera Beorc. Can replace Godin with pretty much anything that help with survival, seeing as I don't even touch his active once in the whole run.

jiggle

Wish I have a full resist team :(
Verdandi team only has 40%
Lucked out on Beorc with this team before
But don't really want to rely on that

Looking at taking echidna along to add 3 turns to either the beginning of round 4 or round 5

Athena team has 80% with 3 apocalypse and a l.kali
Too bad all the subs are lv30-50 lol...

linsivvi

Wish I have a full resist team :(
Verdandi team only has 40%
Lucked out on Beorc with this team before
But don't really want to rely on that

Looking at taking echidna along to add 3 turns to either the beginning of round 4 or round 5

Athena team has 80% with 3 apocalypse and a l.kali
Too bad all the subs are lv30-50 lol...

You can always sacrifice a sub and put in PAD bear. That would instantly give you a 40% boost.

jay23

Cleared Hera-Is for the first time, funny thing is I mistakenly entered that dungeon instead of the first one lol.

Is it worth taking on on Hera beorc with a ronia/lu bu team? I see you guys talking about bind but I don't have a full resist team..I think.

Should i do it? I was saving that red jewel for the new l.Kali uevo.

ckuK5Sm.jpg

Jonsoncao

Banned
Cleared Hera-Is for the first time, funny thing is I mistakenly entered that dungeon instead of the first one lol.

Is it worth taking on on Hera beorc with a ronia/lu bu team? I see you guys talking about bind but I don't have a full resist team..I think.

Should i do it? I was saving that red jewel for the new l.Kali uevo.

Ult Beez is totally worth it if you have tons of Ronia frds, plus you have max skilled your Vamp and DJ.

Saving jewel for sth that comes to NA in a TBD date is just not worth it.

Top Bottom