• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Pirates in pirate dungeons are semi-rare and don't always drop without 2x rates. Seaway is better, especially if you need more than one pirate type.

razterik

Using my hyper Minerva? I did the same thing, but took max skill Tomato over Vegito and prayed I got no fat metal.

Definitely Isis unless you are sure you can get Hera Ur below 50% first turn. She will give you two turns to burn her if you have a sub to taunt her blue bind. Having another orb changer certainly wouldn't hurt when you have to burst or die, but it won't make much difference if you can't get past the first turn.

Had no issues with binds since Minerva is immune and none happen during dangerous HP zones unless you try to take Queen Hera down from above 50% and fail. My Light Tron only got used for autoheal and a little emergency healing when hearts were slow.

From your box, consider Drawn Joker for extra healing or even better Orochi for B/R and a very useful skill for later floors. You will stall out the 10 turn bind either way.

Tobe

i have a big problem with ame no uzume, why the fuck is she given a bind clear ability if she herself can be binded?

also what the best NA awoken minerva team currently im running
i think icould evolve my kagu tho ill need the materials.
minerva x2
ronia x2
raoh
ame no uzume.

Using my hyper Minerva? I did the same thing, but took max skill Tomato over Vegito and prayed I got no fat metal.

Definitely Isis unless you are sure you can get Hera Ur below 50% first turn. She will give you two turns to burn her if you have a sub to taunt her blue bind. Having another orb changer certainly wouldn't hurt when you have to burst or die, but it won't make much difference if you can't get past the first turn.

Had no issues with binds since Minerva is immune and none happen during dangerous HP zones unless you try to take Queen Hera down from above 50% and fail. My Light Tron only got used for autoheal and a little emergency healing when hearts were slow.

From your box, consider Drawn Joker for extra healing or even better Orochi for B/R and a very useful skill for later floors. You will stall out the 10 turn bind either way.
What should I replace for Orochi? Not sure what the MO for the dungeon is in general. Maybe I should look for some videos.

razterik

What should I replace for Orochi? Not sure what the MO for the dungeon is in general. Maybe I should look for some videos.

Replace Isis. Other members are solid, maybe sub Kagu for Vegito if you want more orb changing. Should still be able beat fat metals armor with enough TPA matches.

First floor is the hardest. Have to get her below 50% in one turn, two if you have a blue sub for her to bind. Even with dark resist, she hits really hard so it's tough to stall for long. Need to burst once she skips a turn or die.

Must have Echidna up for Hera Is, and it will likely take a Ronia active to get her to dark, maybe more. Once she's dark, can stall and burn as long as you need to. Her binds are no problem.

Fat metal needs something like four TPA matches with Kagutsuchi, not sure on the math. Vegito handles it easier of course.

Regular Hera is easy, barely any damage. Have to burst once she charges.

Beorc is green, not hard as long as you can knock her to dark quick enough. Jupiter Genesis hits fairly hard, but is survivable. Delay as necessary.

Sowilo blocks delay, not that you should need it. Over 15k HP can tank her major hit that she counts down to, but she requires 6 combos when below half HP. Stay above 8k for next floor preemptive.

Queen Hera doesn't take much. Don't let her use Ultra Graviton Bomb. Delay and burst.

Okamid3n

I think Orochi isn't needed for later floors. With just one Minerva, I could stall later floors all day.

I feel like you need more fire power to take care of the first two floors, it's not worth thinking too much about the floors past the first 2 (besides having something for fattie) since you can stall them relatively easily.

That's my two cents anyway, try to plan out how to maximise your damage for the first two floors since they're the real threat.

(Well, Hera-Beorc can be a pain too if you used up all your skills trying to get past fattie.)

razterik

I don't think Orochi is necessary, but he seemed the most useful blue option. He exists solely to keep Hera-Ur from one shotting the team. The skill boosts, on color damage and somewhat valuable active are all bonus.

Doing 1.2 million first turn isn't always an easy task for a Minerva team without a big orb change or lots of plus eggs.

razterik

New busties and balance changes:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/150422_sinka.html
kirin gets worse, somehow

The fuck. Kirin's sunglasses were awesome, key to many clears against certain blind happy dungeons. Sure you can do it the hard way of touch mapping the board, but nobody wants to do that every time. The skill boost is great, but just tack it on as an extra awakening, c'mon.

Or remove blind as a mechanic altogether. It sucks and has a worthless implementation.

Okamid3n

Yea, not too happy about that Kirin change either.

Do we know yet how many combos Shiva needs to make to get the full 3x?

Edit : "Ult Durga LS now deals 5x ATK when matching 4 of Fire, Water, Wood, Dark, and Heal orbs. "

Kirin really needs a boost.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Red Jewel recieved, after 2 screw ups yesterday i felt good on my way to work and attempted for a quick round. I wasnt orb trolled on the Boss and it was a smooth ride (OHKO every floor). Only Sowilo left now.

2015-04-22-06-57-509cu8v.png

@New UVOs

Awoken Meimei would fit in perfect for my Green Attacker team - GZL approves, but i would have liked Wood Enhance more than lowering the Skill CD.

Durga seems now as well - considering you can you hearts to activate her 25x as well - getting orb trolled with her just got way more difficult.

yami4ct

That Kirin change. As a player that plays Kirin as main, she just keeps getting further and further behind. Partially why I'm building some other teams as backups. Blind resist was sure as hell not necessary, but it was useful. I won't say no to another skill boost, but it's honestly not what kirin needs. Give her a new ult that tweaks her team prospects. I'm not sure how you do that without fully stepping on the toes of other major gods, but she needs it. Maybe give her some sort of healer boost/healer type like Santa Kirin? Anything that gives her that little boost up would be great.

Been trying to Kirin out the Hera-Ur challenge and man is that dungeon way harder than I expected. Maybe (Probably) I just suck, but stalling the Ogres is really hard for her. Killing one without getting the other down past 50% is tricky and if you don't have skills up, the second level could easily get you orb trolled/killed. Done it like 5 times and farthest I've gotten is floor 3. Maybe time to rethink strategy.

razterik

The Durga buff is nice, makes her easy to activate. I think this is even better than the original 3.5x idea.

Six combos is the early word on Shiva's 3x, not sure if it's confirmed yet. Hmm.

Any JP users who can throw up a decent Verdandi? Cosmo? Hera-Beorc challenge is driving me nuts again.

Edit: Nevermind, found an explorer one.

Dammit, skyfalled into Jupiter Genesis again. I hate this dungeon soooooo much.

colinp

Banned
Looks like there was a big enough outcry re Kirin and they're back pedaling and looking into the change again...? It was removed from that page. Yay!

Noaloha

Has anyone successfully skilled up a Leilan, or attempted to? Tips? (Even if that tip is a sincere "don't bother!") Is there a dungeon with a known better drop rate? Been throwing gold at Red Pirate lately and, grrrr.

I loathe the skill up dance in PAD at the best of times, and my experience in chasing down red chasers so far has been outrageously futile. I have three red orbs sitting in my box, but with skill up rates being what they are I'm not about to throw super rare (not really farmable) evo items at a whole heap of most-likely-nothing.

razterik

Red piis are probably a better way than anything else. Flame chaser never seems to get close enough to win a survey vote, and we might even see more Awoken Chinese before it happens anyway.

I don't think the chaser invades are active in the coin dungeons, unless that changed at some point I'm unaware of. Even if they were, I spent 20+ stones farming each individual chaser back when they first invaded pirate dungeons and still didn't max skill any Chinese gods.

Holy shit. Durgas leader skill. Same activation condition as pre-uvo Horus but with 5x instead of 4x. Maybe DKali will get a similar treatment sometime soon.

Glad to see evidence that they are trying to buff Kirin. Though alongside that Durga buff, it falls extremely flat.

Jagernaut

Holy shit. Durgas leader skill. Same activation condition as pre-uvo Horus but with 5x instead of 4x. Maybe DKali will get a similar treatment sometime soon.

Glad to see evidence that they are trying to buff Kirin. Though alongside that Durga buff, it falls extremely flat.

Durga is not the same as the old Horus. Light orb matches won't trigger her skill, she can use hearts instead of one of her 4 colors. Good buff, I would still like a 2nd 2 prong and better rcv.

Edit. She supposedly got some stat boosts. I max skilled my Durga, will use her more when the ultimate evo comes out here.

Awakenings: no change
HP:3323 (+500) / ATK:1722 (+100) / RCV:223 (+30)

Still not happy with no new awakenings for Durga, but the new leader skill plus Amir's recent release is enough to get me interested again. Probably going to finish plussing her after finishing Haku.

I guess I'm one of the few that would have taken that skill boost on Kirin. Blind resistance is pretty damn worthless.

cw_sasuke

Seems like Evo material carnival will be back in 2 days(PDX). Would be cool to get a Jewel.

zoku88

Durga is not the same as the old Horus. Light orb matches won't trigger her skill, she can use hearts instead of one of her 4 colors. Good buff, I would still like a 2nd 2 prong and better rcv.

Edit. She supposedly got some stat boosts. I max skilled my Durga, will use her more when the ultimate evo comes out here.
Yea, I'll probably use her more too. I have yet to actually use mine, although that might be because I don't have durga friends at the moment.

With her new leader skill, I'll probably get rid of starling and just put another dark monster on there.

EDIT also 250 days. I still suck at this game.

Jagernaut

I made a long shot pull on Fire Gala hoping for fire Valk and got Shiva. Nice, Awoken Shiva looks good. I'll make him F/D for now and switch when the new evo comes out.

I have some really good fire leads: Yamato, Krishna, Ame no Uzume, Ronia, and now Shiva. I just need more fire subs like fire Valk, Hinokagutsuchi, Leilan, Chiyome, Uriel, and Urd.

Fire Valk especially would bring some much needed rcv to every fire team but Ronia.

tr4656

Kind of buffing Kirin. Still waiting for Awoken Kirin.

Still not happy with no new awakenings for Durga, but the new leader skill plus Amir's recent release is enough to get me interested again. Probably going to finish plussing her after finishing Haku.

I guess I'm one of the few that would have taken that skill boost on Kirin. Blind resistance is pretty damn worthless.
Yeah, you can always take screenshots or just tap on the orbs when you get blinded.

Seems like Evo material carnival will be back in 2 days(PDX). Would be cool to get a Jewel.

Finally

J0dy77

I'm really excited for the Durga changes and her eventual Awoken (sad she didn't get a new awakening though). I definitely think she is underrated in her current form. I have a ton of good subs for her since the synergy with my devil team works so well. You can stack a ton of dark mobs with TPA and time awakenings. I'll have to start theory crafting another team.

Any JP users who can throw up a decent Verdandi? Cosmo? Hera-Beorc challenge is driving me nuts again.

Edit: Nevermind, found an explorer one.

Dammit, skyfalled into Jupiter Genesis again. I hate this dungeon soooooo much.
Went to bed, sorry. I put her up if you still need her

I think Durga is fairly rated in her current incarnation. Post-ult, her leader skill resists orb trolling more but her active is still of limited use. Don't think I have any reason to run her, but she's acceptable for others wanting their first 5x leader.

jay23

【パズドラ】 ヘラチャレンジ 妃の宴 絶地獄 ブブソニ: http://youtu.be/GTqYwbaAHNg

Saw this posted in another forum, I know a lot of you guys can make this team.

Quantum

bonds of trust - new set of challenge dungeons with a new format - although can't find the info on the new format o.0

*Bonds of Trust*
[Duration]: 4/24 (Fri) 12:00 AM - 5/3 (Sun) 11:59 PM (PDT)

4/24 - 5/3 - 1 free Magic Stone

4/25 - 4/26 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
4/27 - 4/28 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
4/30 - 5/1 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
5/2 - 5/3 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*

These dungeons will give you the boost you need to reach the next level. There’s both a gift dungeon and a special dungeon. Share your results with a friend!
4/27 - 4/29 - Gleaming Dragon
5/1 - 5/3 - Gift from the Holy Beasts

The 6th round of Challenge Dungeons have returned with a revised format! View our post for details on the new changes and potential rewards:

4/27 - 5/3 - Challenge Dungeons

Pal Egg Event:
4/24 - 5/3 - Evo Carnival Pal Egg Machine
Featuring exclusive evo materials for 500 Pal Points each!

Maid

Banned
Whelp. Guess I'll roll for JP account since Hera Rush has done a wonderful job of draining my stamina and I have nothing else to do.

What's exactly different between JP and NA, aside from PADW and the update content? I keep hearing people say GungHo JP giving out more rewards than NA.

cw_sasuke

Cleared Hera-Sowilo for the first time !! Easy ride with Verdandi, didnt get skill locked at the end.
All Heras beaten now - dont think i can or want take on Hera Rush at this point. U&Y could probably do it, but my combo skill are less than ideal and main units like Sun Quan are not skilled yet. Well and also i dont wanna waste the stamina...

2015-04-23-09-42-11zkkcd.png

These dungeons will give you the boost you need to reach the next level. There’s both a gift dungeon and a special dungeon. Share your results with a friend!
4/27 - 4/29 - Gleaming Dragon

Looking at the description this seems to be THE dungeon to skill up Persephone. Didnt know there was a dungeon that dropped Wicked Lady evolved form. Hope i can get a a couple runs in.

Whelp. Guess I'll roll for JP account since Hera Rush has done a wonderful job of draining my stamina and I have nothing else to do.

What's exactly different between JP and NA, aside from PADW and the update content? I keep hearing people say GungHo JP giving out more rewards than NA.
They do. The rewards we're getting from the last streams pretty much says it all. 5 stones, a flampy, and a shynpy vs. 1 stone and 4000 pal points. I'm way less frugal with stones on JP than I ever was on NA despite being non-iap.

Really glad I dumped my NA account relatively early on.

smbu2000

Cleared all of the Hera dungeons in the Hera challenge except for Hera Rush (haven't tried it yet). I hadn't cleared Beorc on my iPad yet and tested out my Pandora team. First try at it and I cleared it. I don't really have any skill bind awakenings (only the 2 with both Pandoras) so I had to last through the 10 turn skill bind.

Hard to see my team, but it was Pandora/DMeta/Haku/Hanzo/Hanzo/Pandora (friend). DMeta and Haku are both Hyper. Hanzos are both max skilled. (I uevo'd the second one after this.)

Looking forward to the new event so I can finish 297ing my Vegito. After we receive the latest Flampy from the Gung Ho event, I'll only need one more to max skill him.

i have a big problem with ame no uzume, why the fuck is she given a bind clear ability if she herself can be binded?
That happens quite often. Ronia is like that too and it is helpful as long as she is okay. Pandora is the same as well. I used her bind clear to on Beorc to clear up my subs who had a bind on them before I made my final attack.

cw_sasuke

Congrats smbu2000 - will you try Hera Rush with your LKali team ?

btw. Ever since the game "recognized" that i have use for Green Dragon fruits they dont drop anymore lol. Now i understand how frustrating it can be to farm that dungeon for a specific color, probably not worth the effort at this point.

I have like 10 blue Dragon fruits now, but nothing to use them on...well...maybe..someday....Skuld.

J0dy77

No problem. Had another from my friend list refresh and finally made it through. Done with Hera Challenge on both accounts now.

Just missed your message earlier, but mine is up now.

Thank for putting him up, if you get a chance to put him up again I'd like to give it another shot.

Not sure I have a team that is going to be able to handle Hera. I dont have enough plus eggs in my Kirin team and i dont own Metatron to deal with bind. Really want to complete this entire dungeon set.

Edit: tried with a neptune resist team and wiped. Got through Hera UR ok but didnt have enough burst to get IS into dark resist.

razterik

Thank for putting him up, if you get a chance to put him up again I'd like to give it another shot.

Not sure I have a team that is going to be able to handle Hera. I dont have enough plus eggs in my Kirin team and i dont own Metatron to deal with bind. Really want to complete this entire dungeon set.

Edit: tried with a neptune resist team and wiped. Got through Hera UR ok but didnt have enough burst to get IS into dark resist.

Sure, Minerva will be up whenever I log in.

I did Hera Rush in JP with a fairly underpowered team. Only +297s were Minerva and Ronia. Max skill Echidna and Yamato. Unskilled Light Tron.

What was your Neptune team? That seems even safer than Minerva, but probably have to be careful how fast you take down Hera Ur.

Without hypermax teams, most of these Legend+ dungeons require some lucky breaks at certain spots.

Oops, didn't notice that maintenance got delayed. Burned stamina on useless crap instead of on working on skillups. Oops

I'm okay with the delay. Let's me attempt a few more Verdandi skill ups before the evo mat skill rollover.

And 3x normals again? Is it going to be every event now? Not complaining of course.

What's your ID number, Cosmo? Going to BFF you before the reset and I want to make sure I have the right one.

Top Bottom