• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Tama stahp!!
XXn0PBC.jpg
By the way, has anyone else noticed that when a card that is already bound gets bound again, its counter doesn't decrease one like it should? It doesn't really matter against these tamadras in Thursday and Friday, but I could easily see it causing death in other cases.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Haha wow... 19? The most I had so far was 10 or so I think. Thank God I read soon enough that you don't have to match Orbs for the bind counter.

cw_sasuke

Sasuke 0 : 1 Desire Sensor

Another blue fruit - will stop for now and attempt again whenever i can get rid of the blue fruits
LLShC.gif

I actually almost died to the Tama in Twinlits once cause I could not get a favorable bind situation.

With only Tama being alive ? Must have hit you like for 100 turns xD

J0dy77

Sure, Minerva will be up whenever I log in.

I did Hera Rush in JP with a fairly underpowered team. Only +297s were Minerva and Ronia. Max skill Echidna and Yamato. Unskilled Light Tron.

What was your Neptune team? That seems even safer than Minerva, but probably have to be careful how fast you take down Hera Ur.

Without hypermax teams, most of these Legend+ dungeons require some lucky breaks at certain spots.

The Neptune team has a big problem with bind and no way to remove it. So if you don't take Hera-ur way down on turn 1, you're done on turn 2. I brought Seigfried and Siren just to make sure I could burst. Thinking about it now, maybe the trick would be to burst Ur under 50% and then wait out the 10 turn bind. I'll still have the leader skill resist. It just seems like such a coin toss to try and control your damage to go in that window in between 25%-50% in one turn.

Bladelaw

Well I came back for the most recent godfest and picked up The Norn Verdandi as my first pull and The Norn Urd for my second. I'm following the new player guide pretty closely just trying to rank up so I can use these two.

At what point should I start using the Pal machine? is there a specific event I should hold out for or just go for broke?

Well I came back for the most recent godfest and picked up The Norn Verdandi as my first pull and The Norn Urd for my second. I'm following the new player guide pretty closely just trying to rank up so I can use these two.

At what point should I start using the Pal machine? is there a specific event I should hold out for or just go for broke?

rare evo materials come around often.

cw_sasuke

I needed most of my party unbound going into the final floor and it refused to give me a favorable bind situation.

And that's why I don't run Zeus on Twinlits.
Yeah that sucks, Friday Dungeon is quite unstable for me right now... Need a max skilled lillith and floor 3 is can be problematic because I often kill Tamadra as well when I use TPAs. Though with max skilled Echidna I should be able to ping them death.

What's your ID? I run Verdandi as well you can add me if you like. 357.739.314

razterik

The Neptune team has a big problem with bind and no way to remove it. So if you don't take Hera-ur way down on turn 1, you're done on turn 2. I brought Seigfried and Siren just to make sure I could burst. Thinking about it now, maybe the trick would be to burst Ur under 50% and then wait out the 10 turn bind. I'll still have the leader skill resist. It just seems like such a coin toss to try and control your damage to go in that window in between 25%-50% in one turn.

Hera Ur skips her blue bind when below 50%. Get her there but above 25% and you should be home free. I would test your team damage in endless and see how much something like one row or a few combos does. You should only need like 600k since it does double damage.

Bladelaw

Yeah that sucks, Friday Dungeon is quite unstable for me right now... Need a max skilled lillith and floor 3 is can be problematic because I often kill Tamadra as well when I use TPAs. Though with max skilled Echidna I should be able to ping them death.

What's your ID? I run Verdandi as well you can add me if you like. 357.739.314

I'm still pretty clueless on the finer points and I'm basically walking through the beginner guide.

Quantum

Evo carnival is back. Is it really worth pulling there or waiting for a standard rare evo material thing?

its rng - last week we had rare evo mats in the regular pal machine and I got nothing top tier over about 15-20 pulls.

the last time the rare evo carnival came I pulled 1 or 2 usable rare mats (athough no jewels) so I'm going to burn my recently acquired points in the rare evo machine so I can stop fixating on the jewel dungeons.

and seriously - enough of the blue fruits. I ran 5x so far today for urd and have 1 red, 4 blue.

BmJGn33.png

J0dy77

Hera Ur skips her blue bind when below 50%. Get her there but above 25% and you should be home free. I would test your team damage in endless and see how much something like one row or a few combos does. You should only need like 600k since it does double damage.

So I went for it right after posting. Two row attacks and a third combo was perfect damage, my three years of playing pad finally paying off. Then I did way too much damage for the next few turns and wiped after getting her under 30% and didn't stall enough for burst to round 2.

I'm going to give it one more try but this is killing my stamina. Does anyone have a high plussed neptune?

J0dy77

Evo carnival is back. Is it really worth pulling there or waiting for a standard rare evo material thing?

The carnival is definitely the better way to spend the pulls but still sucks if you have a mature account. Bring back the king metals I say. I loved the free levels and not having to waste stamina on super kings.

jiggle

Love it when ppl put up RGY on Thursdays
Knew it was worth putting him up overnight and lose out on pal points

Hard to say
Last time my alt got like three orbs out of it
But non on my main :(
So random

Hera Challenge cleared! These were the teams I used:

-Hera: Verdandi / Liu Bei / GZL / Kushi / Melody & Brachy

-Hera-Is: Verdandi / Liu Bei / GZL / Kushi / Melody & Brachy

-Hera-Ur: U&Y / Sun Quan / Famiel / Ra / D/L Batman

-Hera-Beorc: Verdandi / Liu Bei / GZL / Kushi / Melody & Brachy

-Hera-Sowilo: Verdandi / Liu Bei / GZL / Kushi / Melody & Brachy

-Hera Rush: U&Y / Sun Quan / Kushi / Blue Odin / D/L Batman

It was my first time clearing Hera Rush. Wasn't too bad once I figured out a strategy, but it's kind of a crapshoot because you need 3 light orbs and 3 dark orbs to activate on the first floor or it's game over.

tr4656

The carnival is definitely the better way to spend the pulls but still sucks if you have a mature account. Bring back the king metals I say. I loved the free levels and not having to waste stamina on super kings.

It feels like they never do this anymore.

Quantum

Lol - I'm starting to believe that the color of your lead can change the drop ratio for trifruits

If I run with Lmeta the numbers seem somewhat equal (historically)

the last two weeks I've been running urd and its like 1/3/2 r/b/g

(I burned my 2 free stones because I hear skill change happening 05/04 - only 1 more red)

so 2/13 runs red fruit today.

ick.

jiggle

Pretty even distributions for me today
2 red fruits
2 greens
1 blue

Usually get more blue than anything else
But I guess now that I can use all 3 colors, the desire sensor can be turned off

tr4656

Lol - I'm starting to believe that the color of your lead can change the drop ratio for trifruits

If I run with Lmeta the numbers seem somewhat equal (historically)

the last two weeks I've been running urd and its like 1/3/2 r/b/g

(I burned my 2 free stones because I hear skill change happening 05/04 - only 1 more red)

so 2/13 runs red fruit today.

ick.

I feel like I just get 0 red ones no matter who I lead with.

FF Collab REM stuff got spoiled
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy

<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVLlBlUUAAphYH.png:large
<a_butt> enhance light orb, decrease cd of other cards by 1 turn // 3xatk to attacker
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVLp08UEAErSjl.png:large
<a_butt> fire/dark attr 1.5x atk for 1 turn // 3xatk to fire above 50%hp, when matching orbs get some healing back
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVL-VZUgAAPYV1.png:large
<a_butt> for 1 turn, reflect damage back as dark attr, decrease 1cd of other cards // 1.5/1.5/1 to dark + dark counterattack when damaged
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVMFTXUsAAcVAg.png:large
<a_butt> -1cd on other cards, 8 second CTW // 1.5/1.5/1.5 to healer type
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVMRMvUMAAFHXD.png:large
<a_butt> heart/jammer to fire, -1cd // increase attack with 3+ combo, up to 8.5xatk
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVMXQEUsAEzNIU.png:large
<a_butt> heal 5000 HP, reduce bind by 2 turns, -1cd to other cards // very slightly increasea healer type atk, increase atk starting with 1 water match, up to 4xATK
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVMcbcUMAAi2Hf.png:large
<a_butt> 1.5xatk to water for 1 turn, -1cd to other cards // slightly increase physical type hp, 3xatk when erasing 6+ water orbs
* Zoiks has quit (Quit: noooooooo)
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVMj5qUEAAjyva.png:large
<a_butt> for 3 turns, slightly increase wood/light skyfall, -1cd // 1.5/1.5/1.5 to attacker type, 1.5xatk when erasing 4+ wood orbs
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVMpWoUMAAHk9K.png:large
<a_butt> halve damage for 1 turn, -1cd to other cards // 4xatk for erasing 4 different colors, very slightly increase atk when 6+ combo
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVMw5qUsAARaqI.png:large
<a_butt> right column to light, -1cd // attacker type 1.5/1.5/1, 3xatk when a skill is used
<a_butt> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDVM75rVEAArjgY.png:large
<a_butt> enhance F/W/L/D orbs, -2cd to other cards // attacker type 1/3/1.5, 1.5xatk when matching 4+attrs

cw_sasuke

10-shot on the Evo Carnival - got 1x Keeper of Gold and 2x Yellow Jewel. Rest trash...but could have been worse, 2 Jewels is better than the last time. Still hope i can get a green Jewel via the Gift dungeon - will take whatever i get on my first attempt though.

zoku88

I got 1 Yellow Jewel with 11 pulls and nothing else of note..

I guess that's okay. The only monster I have that would benefit is my Blue Valk.. Don't really use her that much, though..

jiggle

Decent haul on my alt
Not shown, 11th pull was a green fruit
gOXV4Dih.jpg

Lol my main walks away with shit again
Best of the bunch was a devilit

saichi

brought a Awoken Minerva team in Hera Rush. 4 red orbs and a bunch of dark orbs but skill is not ready. died after first attack. 99 stamina wasted. :(

Evo pulls gave me a green fruit and a green mask. It also gave me the demon mask I needed to evolve a dark chaser and I got my last Haku skill up. I also got one on Verdandi. So a pretty good start to the day.

am_dragon

Rare Evo Dragon - 15 pulls, 7 gold eggs, nothing higher than a dub-amelit.

I think I'm done with that thing, next time I'll just wait for rare evo mats at the regular pal machine.

J0dy77

It's finally done:

RLHIkZvl.jpg

Took me so long to finish that and such bad luck. Not to mention I kept feeding dozens of non-evo chasers when the dungeon first came thinking I could get skill ups. my biggest Bone head pad move.

Got to dump the final 5 chasers I hadn't evo'd.

Rare Evo Dragon - 15 pulls, 7 gold eggs, nothing higher than a dub-amelit.

I think I'm done with that thing, next time I'll just wait for rare evo mats at the regular pal machine.

Yeah, I pulled ten times and got one red fruit, complete waste for me. PAL pulls have become completely meaningless for me. I think I'm just going to save until I get the cap and hope they come out with another 3k PAL in the meantime.

Edit: What was the download we got this morning?

Jagernaut

From puzzleanddragonsforum :

According to UPC...
Art for ult Wukong, Pandora, Sonia Gran, Dark Bowl, ult Starters, Bodin, Indra, Vritra, Awoken Venus.

Only the assets have been downloaded, the actual evos haven't been activated yet.

I've been waiting for Venus, Wukong and BOdin ultimates, have all the evo materials.

cw_sasuke

Had nothing better to do, tried Noah Mythical for the first time - straightforward run with U&Y.

2015-04-24-16-00-28osuzf.png

First time i had Valk in my U&Y team and well...she saved my ass from being orb trolled on the 2nd floor. Noticed.

Will clear the Legend stage some point in the future.

From puzzleanddragonsforum :

I've been waiting for Venus, Wukong and BOdin ultimates, have all the evo materials.

I was hoping Venus was activated. Really looking forward to getting her. Having Sonia Gran join the party is nice as well.

On which teams do you guys plan to use Awoken Venus ? If she had TPAs instead of Rows she would have been perfect for LKali.

J0dy77

On which teams do you guys plan to use Awoken Venus ? If she had TPAs instead of Rows she would have been perfect for LKali.

I'm looking forward to her as a lead. I'll have to test out teams to use her as a sub. I have a dupe of her and getting 6 row attacks from 2 mobs might be really really strong.

Hit the big 267 in JP just now, spent the stamina running Twinlits, got blessed by RNG and got three straight Devilit drops... and got no D.Kali skillups. Can't win em all, I guess.

Jagernaut

I want to use Awoken Venus as a Wukong sub. 2 ultimate Wukong + Awoken Venus = 7 light row enhance and 5 skill boosts. I can fill the rest of the team with Valk, Apollo, Verche, or even Avalon Drake.

linsivvi

Awoken Venus is a possible lead for some future challenge level 10s, so that's what I've been looking forward to.

Also got all the mats required for evolving Vritra and Sonia Gran, though we won't get Sonia until the next event at the earliest.

Tobe

wukong ult is nice, need to max skill him tho he is on lvl 3 skill i guess and lvl 90. dont know about the subs tho. i got souther but 16 cd is way too much.

hermit7

I think using pandora will replace the second Ronia on my Beelz team. Will be situationally useful for healing when it is needed and a shorter cool down is always welcome. Working on getting the mats finalized for awoken Venus just need a couple dub myth lits and another rainbow for Hera s.

smbu2000

It seems like my Vegeta team has become an almost all DB collab. team. It's currently Vegeta/Vegito/Trunks/Vegeta#2/Haku/Vegeta(friend). I had Hanzo in there, but the stat boost from Vegeta#2, including the extra skill boost, tap and extend time awakening over Hanzo offset the slower skill cooldown.

Congrats smbu2000 - will you try Hera Rush with your LKali team ?

btw. Ever since the game "recognized" that i have use for Green Dragon fruits they dont drop anymore lol. Now i understand how frustrating it can be to farm that dungeon for a specific color, probably not worth the effort at this point.

I have like 10 blue Dragon fruits now, but nothing to use them on...well...maybe..someday....Skuld.
Thanks. I've thought about it, but then I'd have to put somebody on my team to take that preemptive attack from awoken hera. I have a max skilled Kushi, but Wood isn't really a color I need for LKali. I also have a max skilled Susano although his level is very low, he has no awakenings and it's the original uevo.

I think I might hold off for now as I'm mainly going to be playing normal dungeons trying to get plus eggs for my characters. (also clearing as many challenge dungeons as I can for piis) Also need to use my stamina over the weekend to try and finish skilling up my DQXQ. I don't really use the card(and haven't uevo'd her yet), but it's always nice to have it max skilled now that the survey dungeon is on. Need two more levels.

It really is random. Lately I've been getting either Red or Blue fruits. I've no use for Blue at the moment (unless there is an uevo that comes along that I can use them on.) I haven't had a chance to use my Red ones for Ronia/Urd either as I've had to use them for uevos. One for Hino Kagutsuchi, two for my second Liu Bei. I think I need two more for Yamato and two more for Liu Bei #3 as well... I only need one more level for Ronia and two more for Urd #1.

I've been getting quite a few red fruit drops on my iPad now and with my Ronia max skilled I can't really use them. (trying for blue ones for my Skuld) Luckily once the Cao Cao uevo arrives, then I can get rid of two of them to make the Dragon type (2 TPA) version.

Jagernaut

Is anyone else building a Super Gunma for those new Awoken evos like Horus that get a boost every turn a skill is used? I just need 2 Super Konjacs.

pix

I noticed I have a present to give out in my account. Does anyone else have one that would like to trade? My FC is 340 491 296

Top Bottom