• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Is anyone else building a Super Gunma for those new Awoken evos like Horus that get a boost every turn a skill is used? I just need 2 Super Konjacs.
I don't think you should focus on that leader skill to the point where you waste a slot on a useless active. The cds on the leaders are already low as is. If you feel that you don't have enough low cd skills after the board changers, orb changers, and enhances then you're better off just putting in something with a low cd defensive active like the Izanamis or something.

edit: I forgot about Bastet. Maybe it'd be alright for her. Definitley wouldn't use it for Ra or Horus though.

Is anyone else building a Super Gunma for those new Awoken evos like Horus that get a boost every turn a skill is used? I just need 2 Super Konjacs.

I haven't seen any jp players using that strategy, and I don't think it's going to be an effective strategy for harder content where every sub and active is important. For instance between two Bastets and an Osiris or GValk you'll have actives up more often than not.

jiggle

Finished building my athena team on my alt cuz it doesn't have many prospects outside of Ronia
Actually not that bad!
Could use a better hp multiplier or get some rcv help
Kinda overlooked her on my main

Went a little green heavy with
Athena Meimei Perseus Drake Drake Athena
Subbing in Muse when I need an additional 2.5x for burst

Available light subs verche Zeus venus venus
But they're not as good
Such a shame new Venus is devil healer :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Verche is great for Athena - God, 5 turn orb changer, TPA. A better fit than the second Drake or Perseus. Especially in combination with Meimei active skill. Valkyre would also be a solid sub if you wanna focus more on light.

Holy shit. I've had an amazing skill up day.

Verdandi: 1/2
DKali: 2/4
Haku: 1/1

Kali is one away from max now, but I think I'm gonna spend the rest of my stamina chasing a blue Dublit so I can be ready to immediately uvo Blodin.

Haku is now about 500k exp away from being hypermaxed, which would make her my second. I have ~130 +eggs waiting to be fed, so I'll need to make a decision soon about my next target. I have way too many options right now, and none of them are really sticking out as the obvious choice.

jiggle

Verche is great for Athena - God, 5 turn orb changer, TPA. A better fit than the second Drake or Perseus. Especially in combination with Meimei active skill. Valkyre would also be a solid sub if you wanna focus more on light.
Oh right forgot about Valkyrie
Need to uevo her still
I love me some full board orb change so I may kick out Perseus unless I need skill bind block

At rank 178 is kotg the fastest way to level up still?
Outside of coin dungeons
Yup!
I don't think any regular dungeon ever get better than that?

Holy shit. I've had an amazing skill up day.

Verdandi: 1/2
DKali: 2/4
Haku: 1/1
Nice!
I went 0/5 verdandi
kinda afraid to even try to feed haku...

okaygeraldo

Neo Member
If I could bother someone with a couple of questions here..

So I re-rolled last week after losing my account during a God fest (I hadn't done much except get to like rank 5 on it with a Sleeping Dragon Zhuge Liang) and was satisfied with my Lu Bu. I've been playing like a mad man this week and am now at Rank 37 (WHY WONT MY RAMEN COW DROP!!!! I NEED IT!!!)

Currently finishing up Castle of Satan, but I honestly didn't know this game was THAT deep.

So I have the following questions:

- Am I just throwing randos at my main (Lu Bu)? Or do I just throw dark randos/enhancers (obviously not evolution mats...I think)?
- I'm still not sure what technical dungeons really are. Can someone explain it to me like I'm 5 (but not really...maybe 8)?
- Should I always be changing up my team when someone more powerful drops (as far as none leader)?

Thanks guys. Please take me under your P&D wings ^^;;;

If I could bother someone with a couple of questions here..

So I re-rolled last week after losing my account during a God fest (I hadn't done much except get to like rank 5 on it with a Sleeping Dragon Zhuge Liang) and was satisfied with my Lu Bu. I've been playing like a mad man this week and am now at Rank 37 (WHY WONT MY RAMEN COW DROP!!!! I NEED IT!!!)

Currently finishing up Castle of Satan, but I honestly didn't know this game was THAT deep.

- Am I just throwing randos at my main (Lu Bu)? Or do I just throw dark randos/enhancers (obviously not evolution mats...I think)?
- I'm still not sure what technical dungeons really are. Can someone explain it to me like I'm 5 (but not really...maybe 8)?
- Should I always be changing up my team when someone more powerful drops (as far as none leader)?

1) Preferably, you use devils as subs since they get the stat boosts from Lu Bu. Dark stuff is also good since it consolidates what colors you have to match in order to attack. Evo mats with low cost are good in the early going if you're hitting the team cost cap.

2) Normal dungeon enemies only do one thing when they have their turn - attack at a set damage. Technical dungeon enemies can do things like conditional attacks (under a certain HP rage attacks, for example), blind to hide your orbs, orb changes to mess with your board, etc.

3) Really depends on what that is. Post your box or options here and somebody will give you more specific advice.

jay23

1. Try and get these farmable sub's for lu bu: vampire, king baddie(might be redundant but not a bad sub for starters) Lilith, chaos devil dragon, drawn joker. Basically focus on devil types that get the 3x attack boost. And add as many Red Sonia friends as you can.

2. Technical dungeons are a little tougher because monsters can use skills against you.

3. If you post your box here we can help you create the best team possible. But as a starter your options are limited.

Post your id and I'll add you, I usually have my lu bu or ronia up.

Edit: what little green Yoda said lol

jiggle

If you are in rush to advance
Pick up some samurai ogres(12 total)
keep 4, and fusion 2 to each of them
Then ultimate evolve them(two ice samurai & 2. Wood samurai, or another other combo)
Giving u this set up:
Lubu, ogre, ogre, ogre, ogre, friend:red sonia

you can clear most normal dungeons with that set up

Just to be clear, the difficulty spike after Castle of Satan for normal dungeons is super large. You're meant to progress through the first few technical dungeons in terms of content order.

PAL points spent.

2x Jewel of Water (I have 4 of these now, and nothing to use them on)
1x Ancient Blue Sacred Mask (see above; maybe I should try for Hera-Is)
1x Blue Dragon Fruit
1x Indigo Demon Mask
2x Dragon Fruit
1x Angelit
2x Devilit
1x Keeper of Rainbow

All these high-end materials and nothing to spend them on. If only I had that kind of gold egg luck with the Godfests...

Tobe

bought 30 stones to blow farming super golds, and my stones never appeared ugh gonna have to deal with gungho support. everything went well on the ios payment side afaik. purchase went through i got my receipt it shows in my account but no stone. ugh ugh ugh

Quantum

bought 30 stones to blow farming super golds, and my stones never appeared ugh gonna have to deal with gungho support. everything went well on the ios payment side afaik. purchase went through i got my receipt it shows in my account but no stone. ugh ugh ugh

That happened with my last buy - although the stones appeared about an hour (two) later.

- although I did get an error message.

Tobe

Still no stones :(. Damn. Well dont think im gonna use them to pull rem im just gonna farm exp i want to max level a whole bunch of cards. That last stretch from 80 to 99 is a pain.

Jagernaut

Challenge dungeons 6 on Monday.
11178203_1055618251133433_1073030467711688040_n.png

*Challenge Dungeons*
[Duration]: 4/27 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 5/3 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

If you missed out the first time, players looking for some highly desirable guaranteed skill-up monsters now have an opportunity to retake the challenges.

The rewards have been rearranged and renewed, so feel free to rerun the dungeons to get access to all possible bonuses!

See below for more details:

- The dungeon itself has ten floors, with stronger monsters appearing on higher levels
- During the event, gifts will be delivered by in-game mail when floors are cleared
- Gift mails are available only up to 5/4 (Mon) 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Bubpy and other monsters rewarded after Lv 6 are Enhance Materials that provide guaranteed skill-ups to monsters of the same Attribute when used in Power-Up Fusion

Rewards List
- Lv10...Bubpy
- Lv 9...Woodpy
- Lv 8...Shynpy
- Lv 7...Badpy
- Lv 6...Flampy
- Lv 5...Snow Globe Dragon Blanc (Lv. 25)
- Lv 4...TAMADRA with ATK +3, ATK+3, RCV +3
- Lv 3...Super King Gold Dragon
- Lv 2...2000 Pal Points
- Lv 1...500,000 Coins

Notes:
*Dungeon levels may be attempted in any order
*The gift awarded is based on the level of the dungeon completed
*Dungeon rewards are only granted once per level, regardless of the number of times completed
*After completing a dungeon, it may take some time before the rewards are received
*Dungeons must be completed by 5/4 (Mon) 11:59 PM (PDT) to receive the rewards. If the time limit is passed while in the dungeon, the dungeon rewards cannot be received

jay23

I have to start using those +9 tamadras, already have 6. If only there was a way to transfer the pluses.

Also don't we usually get those snowglobes at Max level? Don't remember getting them at level 25 before.

Jagernaut

Ok, didn't think so but he was on a suggested Hera-Ur Mythical team. He would work on Legend where the shield is not preemptive. I used Darkseid anyway to beat it.

J0dy77

I have to start using those +9 tamadras, already have 6. If only there was a way to transfer the pluses.

Also don't we usually get those snowglobes at Max level? Don't remember getting them at level 25 before.

The snow globes have always been maxed from the challenge dungeons. Nice perk.

Awoken Greco-Romans are so good at cheesing harder dungeons. Cleared this on the 1st try with some breaks. Avoided the fatty metal and Hera-Is was on a 2 turn timer so I killed her before any binds.

Hoping my Awoken Neptune will be ready by the time this comes around again so I don't have to roll the dice on floor 3.

jay23

Awoken Greco-Romans are so good at cheesing harder dungeons. Cleared this on the 1st try with some breaks. Avoided the fatty metal and Hera-Is was on a 2 turn timer so I killed her before any binds.

Hoping my Awoken Neptune will be ready by the time this comes around again so I don't have to roll the dice on floor 3.

Congrats

What team would you use with awoken Neptune? maybe I'll have mine when it comes back around.

jiggle

Ran out of Beelzebub on FL for Hera-ur
Decided to try Roniax2
Success!
Tried it on alt
Success also
Gotta remember it next time this comes back

Went in to hera beorc with 60% skill bind resist
Bound
Again
Bound
Then again
Bound
Went in with 40% resist
Resist
FU RNG!

done with this at last
Definitely not ready for Banquet

JP got them at LV25 starting when they doubled Snowglobe EXP, we've had a better time with it comparatively speaking.

Quantum

JP got them at LV25 starting when they doubled Snowglobe EXP, we've had a better time with it comparatively speaking.

ha - I knew the jpn server was so much way off...

I've been prepping for blodin

ocean of heaven - no less than 1k stamina without a mask drop

- its crazy what this game can do to your mettle.

jiggle

Is skill up broken right now? Lol
Was cleaning out my boxes and

0/6 Sun Quan
1/1 mLZL
0/4 mDQXQ
0/2 mLubu
0/1 melon dragon
0/2 darkseid
0/2 angel
0/2 dryad
0/1 Hera ur
0/1 Hera beorc
0/1 king baddie

KOR is getting the evo mat skills update (supers skilling up Greek2 gods, etc) in a few days

time to stockpile super kings!

Neat
Won't be skilling color Knights and toy dragons
May do Artemis and Icarus
Will do lucifer And dark golem for sure!

Quantum

Is skill up broken right now? Lol
Was cleaning out my boxes

It feels like that a lot, but this morning I actually went 2/3 for my Andromeda and 4/5 on a verdandi.

4/5 was just crazy - my gf did the pull and my jaw basically dropped watching 4 skill ups in a row.

of course I don't use either as a lead (yet) and urd has cost about 15 stones worth of shitty trifruit drops without maxing.

I want to believe there will be an expose of the game and Gungho will be like - our algorithm - of course we throttle the results - we make more money that way....

1.2k stamina without a mask in ocean of heaven.

- I have about 35 different cards I'd like to level/skill up to try different teams - the shitty part of this game being freemium is that I'll never be able to play it the way I'd like to - locked into having to pay to "speed" up my desire to try new teams.

- realizing this has made me spend less, because I have the potential to make some great teams - and most of the gods, but while I'll spend money on the REM for new cards - I really hate spending money to just plus a team or level a mob

definitely interested to see how gungho will change the dynamic to get some more of my money - I'd still pay the price of an 85 pack to transfer my account to the jpn server in a second (even though I don't read anything other than my poor brooklyn instilled eng)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah Sandalphon was up a couple of days ago... 3-4 times that day for an hour. Have yet to try it myself but I'm in no rush.

Ducarmel

I usually ignore those.
I needed him ever since Venus awoken was announced maybe I should have been paying close enough attention.

Goroh

Cleared banquet on first try with awoken minerva. Thought i was in for a hard time, but it went a lot smoother than i expected.

smbu2000

Tried to skill up my DQXQ over the weekend and did terrible on skillups. Still stuck at level 4 and the dungeon ended early even with the 2x drop rate because of the maintenance. Definitely a waste for me. I'm going to use the rest of my time on the challenge dungeons and farming for plus eggs.

On my iPad I cleared Challenge dungeon 8 with my Awoken Ra team (no continues.)

Accidentally attacked too much with my Pandora team on Challenge dungeon 7 and was killed by Osiris. I was just trying to heal myself with Pandora's skill. I'll try again later.

saher

Banned
Been playing for few days and im rank 45 now, is there a better way to rank up fast other than doing Dragons of the Tower until you feel like killing yourself?

i have to dragons i really want to use but their cost is very high

Been playing for few days and im rank 45 now, is there a better way to rank up fast other than doing Dragons of the Tower until you feel like killing yourself?

i have to dragons i really want to use but their cost is very high
If you can handle Hyperion Lava Flow - Lava Tube that's more efficient.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I would recommend the last level in Hyperion Lava Flow, a 10-floor dungeon is easier for beginner to stall for skills than lava tube.

saichi

Awoken Minerva, Dancing Hera-Ur, Echidna, Red Sonia, L.Meta, Awoken Minerva friend. Hera-Ur and Sonia not skilled. Only 1 +297.

What's the reason for LTron?

I think the biggest challenge is to burst Hera-UR to be less than 50% with one shot.

Top Bottom