• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jiggle

I need a little help figuring out the damage calculation with Verdandi team
The numbers on paper are not matching what I'm seeing in game

Team set up
Verdandi(3.3x, 1tpa) - liubei(3tpa) - xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx - Verdandi(3.3x)

Verdandi: 1522atk x 1.25 x 1.5 x 3.3 x 3.3 = 31077 damage
Liubei: 1563atk x 1.25 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 3.3 x 3.3 = 71807 damage

But in game I'm seeing this
Verdandi - 46655 (vs 31077)
Liubei - 109544 (vs 71807)

There seemes to be an additional 1.5x multiplier from somewhere

1 combo of 4 green orbs
9SXr06h.jpg

then again
rRpoBtW.jpg

Using the app Combo Master gave me similar numbers to my calculated ones
Where is that extra 1.5x coming from lol

Been playing for few days and im rank 45 now, is there a better way to rank up fast other than doing Dragons of the Tower until you feel like killing yourself?

i have to dragons i really want to use but their cost is very high
In addition to hyperion lava flow suggestions
I wanna add dragon's footprint
You are getting less xp per stamina
But it's more time efficient and pretty decent +1 egg drop rates in them.

1 x Footprint - 13500xp for 30 stamina - can farm healer girls
3 x lava flow - 16000xp for 30 stamina - can farm king metal and dublits

FF Collab dungeon is great, all these neat little VFX. Dungeon background changing dynamically to boss attacks, Kefka's death animation is pretty great too.

linsivvi

never noticed that before :0

OK just tried it. 1.48x from 4 enhanced orbs
Well that solved the mystery
Thanks Fauve & Yoda! :D

For what it's worth enhanced orbs damage multipliers should be:

(1 + 0.06 x number of enhanced orbs for that combo) x (1 + 0.05 x number of enhanced orbs awakenings)

jiggle

For what it's worth enhanced orbs damage multipliers should be:

(1 + 0.06 x number of enhanced orbs for that combo) x (1 + 0.05 x number of enhanced orbs awakenings)
Thanks
That'll really help
Honestly never noticed that awakening could be useful before lol

linsivvi

Awoken Venus is so beastly.

Hopefully we'll get tamadra retreat during this event since I just ran out of tamadras again after all these new evolutions.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is Angelic Dragon of Light - Expert even worth it for Persephone skill up without a 2x drop rate ? 3 runs netted me nothing so far. Hmm...

Also we got just 900 PAL point for 900 days NA PaD - used them on the Evo carnival and got a Dark Jewel. Cool...

Is Angelic Dragon of Light - Expert even worth it for Persephone skill up without a 2x drop rate ? 3 runs netted me nothing so far. Hmm...

Also we got just 900 PAL point for 900 days NA PaD - used them on the Evo carnival and got a Dark Jewel. Cool...
This update includes the skills for evo/enhance mats, so your best bet for Persephone might be super kings.

cw_sasuke

This update includes the skills for evo/enhance mats, so your best bet for Persephone might be super kings.

Hmm...thanks you might be right, Stamina costs for the Super King stages are high but at least i can level her at the same time.

btw. Izanagi uses Extreme King Metal Dragon as a skill up ? Who tought this was a good match lol...

Verdandi will probably be of greater use to you immediately, as two great subs for her are completely farmable (Highlander and Ancient Dragon Knight) and you currently have more green stuff than devils. And the currently running coin dungeon, Arboreal Encounter, will also get you two more green orb changers. Both Verdandi and Lu Bu are endgame capable so choose one or the other depending on the situation.

Looking at that box, have you considered investing in green more? Lu Bu's leader skill bonus isn't doing anything for anyone other than himself it looks like; you need more devils, and those can be hard to come by early on unless you can get some Vampires (even then, you'll need to evolve them twice). Whereas Verdandi's ATK bonus works with all green cards, and she gives an HP buff to fire attribute as well. You have Verdandi and Sonia, and green Goblins actually make pretty good early monsters; get a red monster with high HP on that team, and you've got a good thing going.

Verdandi
Sonia
2x Hobgoblin (evolve to highest form, it's easy)
Keeper of Flame (or Tyrannos, if you evolve him)

quin

pulled the Final Fantasy Gotcha 3 times today.
Rhinoa, Cloud, Sephiroth. Gold, gold and gold.

i think my luck just ran out forever.

Ducarmel

^I am super jelly!

Still on the fence about pulling.

I got 10 pulls saved up and can get another 5-6 if I finish up normal dungeon and technical along with challenge mode for the orb clear.

I can't justify pulling more than once on the FF REM knowing a triple godfest is a few days away. One person I know is also predicting new GF exclusives.

Okamid3n

So I had like 10 Apollo skill-up cyclops ready for the day the update would come. I kept needing box space but I'd keep all of them for when I'd need to add one skill level to my Apollo.

I feed one, he skills up. This game, sometimes...

And I've reached 150 stamina! Wooh.

As for today's uevos, nothing for me...Uevo Rodin next in Japan. Please.

Edit :

pulled the Final Fantasy Gotcha 3 times today.
Rhinoa, Cloud, Sephiroth. Gold, gold and gold.

i think my luck just ran out forever.

Wow. That's crazy.

Did anyone in Japan roll the machine like a hundred time or more to record the gold egg rate of the FF collab?

jay23

How rare are those armored Knight skill up monsters?

And I hope pcgf is announced soon. I need some new pieces to complete my teams.

smbu2000

Cleared Challenge dungeon 6 and 8 on my iPhone. Used a stone on 8 as I didn't want to play again. That bind got me... At least I max skilled my Trunks with the bubpy.

Uevo'd my Durga (iPhone), dragon Cao Cao (iPad) and Awoken Horus(iPad). Still need to go for Awoken Ra and Horus on my iPhone.

Did anyone in Japan roll the machine like a hundred time or more to record the gold egg rate of the FF collab?
It seems like the gold egg rate is pretty good for this collab. (Drop Manager) Kosuke rolled 113 times and got 32 gold eggs. He kept rolling because he couldn't get Sephiroth until the end...Squall (2), Tidus (4), Rinoa (11), Zidane (6), Yuna (3), Cloud (6) and Sephiroth (1).

Pretty good odds at about 28% instead of the usual 1/10 for collab. REMs. Sometimes he had several golds in a row.

NineH

I think the desire sensor is in full effect because I have run the Gleaming Dragon dungeon 30 times now and only 1 Wicked Lady dropped. 5 Fairlios dropped though and I would think that those would be rarer than the skill up monster. I guess they don't want me to skill up Persephone with wicked ladies and instead want me to waste my super kings on her.

cw_sasuke

I think the desire sensor is in full effect because I have run the Gleaming Dragon dungeon 30 times now and only 1 Wicked Lady dropped. 5 Fairlios dropped though and I would think that those would be rarer than the skill up monster. I guess they don't want me to skill up Persephone with wicked ladies and instead want me to waste my super kings on her.
Yeah as mentioned before I think this dungeon is quite useless for Persephone skill ups without 2x drop rate.

jiggle

I wanted to say drop rates are 100% in round 1-3 in gleaming dragon anyway, like the sprite survey dungeons?
So 2x only really helps round 4
But I wanted to test it out first

Turned out drop rates were not 100% r1-3
But I lucked out and got wicked lady next round, followed by fairlio
And then got 1/1 on Persephone's last skill up :X
Don't hate me!

cw_sasuke

^ so jelly of your luck!

I hope the pattern holds and on the last day there is a 2x drop rate so I can skill her up already.

Do we get 2x drop rate if the dungeon is only around for 3 days ? Anyways best of luck on skilling her up.
I wanted to say drop rates are 100% in round 1-3 in gleaming dragon anyway, like the sprite survey dungeons?
So 2x only really helps round 4
But I wanted to test it out first

Turned out drop rates were not 100% r1-3
But I lucked out and got wicked lady next round, followed by fairlio
And then got 1/1 on Persephone's last skill up :X
Don't hate me!

Nice - congrats !!

Okamid3n

It seems like the gold egg rate is pretty good for this collab. (Drop Manager) Kosuke rolled 113 times and got 32 gold eggs. He kept rolling because he couldn't get Sephiroth until the end...Squall (2), Tidus (4), Rinoa (11), Zidane (6), Yuna (3), Cloud (6) and Sephiroth (1).

Pretty good odds at about 28% instead of the usual 1/10 for collab. REMs. Sometimes he had several golds in a row.

That's great to hear. Thanks!

Would have been scary to have a 10% gold rate given the selection.

NineH

IIRC when the mystic knight dungeons were around and the echidna dungeons were around for a few days, the last day was a 2x drop.

Hoping to get some team help and some general guidance on direction I should take.

Rank 83 (58 Stam/92 Cost)

Currently, I'm running this team:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...1.0.0.0.0..688.29.1.0.0.0.0..912.23.1.0.0.0.0

I just reached Ocean of Heaven on Normal and Faithless Temple on Technical. I've been looking a lot on example builds and it seems I should focus on getting Hera? I looked at the dungeon and I don't think I have the firepower and HP to handle this descend safely. HP is especially the biggest concern since you need something like 14K HP to absorb attacks safely but I can't seem to hit those thresholds.

I have some potential devil cards (mostly after evoing):

Sleeping Beauty lvl 40
Vampire Lord lvl 34
Cerberus lvl 4
Helldark Blood Demon lvl 27
Anima lvl 50
Charming Temptress, Wicked Lady lvl 2

Should I be using these guys instead? I don't have any other devil cards. Most haven't been evo'd either so they don't have a devil type and don't get benefits from Ronia.

What's the best team I can build for taking on something like Hera or useful descends for me and what should I be focusing on? Maybe Vampire to Duke Vampire ASAP? Looking for some good example teams, thanks

yami4ct

That BlOdin Evo. So cool. Need to evo mine and find a place for it. What teams would he be good for?

So excited for the Apollo skill-up changes. Super Gold Kings are so much more farmable than Cyclops. I might actually get to max skill mine now. The lower cooldown max is nice as well.

Now, GungHo, give me a way to farm Skill-Ups for Uriel and Leilan. The ways currently available for them are terrible.

Get Vampire Lord evolved, maybe get Wicked Lady in there too. You're hurting for stats and awakenings but that can be solved with patience and time.

Try pairing with a friend Beelzebub or Minerva instead of Ronia, which will let you survive Hera's attacks.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Hoping to get some team help and some general guidance on direction I should take.

Sleeping Beauty lvl 40
Vampire Lord lvl 34
Cerberus lvl 4
Anima lvl 50

Should I be using these guys instead? I don't have any other devil cards. Most haven't been evo'd either so they don't have a devil type and don't get benefits from Ronia.

What's the best team I can build for taking on something like Hera or useful descends for me and what should I be focusing on? Maybe Vampire to Duke Vampire ASAP? Looking for some good example teams, thanks

I'd say Duke first, Sleeping Beauty second, Wicked lady third. Provided you have the team cost.

A sample good Devil team that can go as far as King of the Gods w/o heavily relying on REM could be
Ronia+Dark/Blue Duke+Drawn Joker(can be replaced by Sleeping beauty)+Wicked lady+Baddie+friend Ronia

jiggle

Rank 83 (58 Stam/92 Cost)

Currently, I'm running this team:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...1.0.0.0.0..688.29.1.0.0.0.0..912.23.1.0.0.0.0

I just reached Ocean of Heaven on Normal and Faithless Temple on Technical. I've been looking a lot on example builds and it seems I should focus on getting Hera? I looked at the dungeon and I don't think I have the firepower and HP to handle this descend safely. HP is especially the biggest concern since you need something like 14K HP to absorb attacks safely but I can't seem to hit those thresholds.

I have some potential devil cards (mostly after evoing):

Sleeping Beauty lvl 40
Vampire Lord lvl 34
Cerberus lvl 4
Anima lvl 50

---------------------------------------------------------
First steps
-Use another Samurai ogre instead of echidna

-level up your ronia into her lv 80s at least, lv99 preferred obviously
---- most of your stamina should be used in Shrine of blazing wood farming red pengdras
---- most of your stamina should be used for farming dragon plants on Wednesday to evolve the pengdras
---- make some high lv ronia friends. You can add my alt if you want, it has one slot open. 346,049,324

Ronia, 3 ogres, king baddie, ronia friend
Is enough to get you through Dragon's footprint(unlocked after ocean of heaven) with some difficulty , which unlocks Hera
Second steps

- replace 1 ogre with duke vampire asap
----max skill him whenever possible

- farm 1 Lilith in dragons footprint
----replace another ogre with night princess Lilith

- get a lil black dragon
----Evo to chaos devil dragon and replace last ogre

- vampire and dragon give you two orb changers, llith + ronia gives you one burst, and baddie+2nd baddie gives you an even bigger burst

- a chaos devil dragon + ult evolved green odin friend will let you cheese through Hera dungeon

- can rotate in Hera/ogres/wicked lady/sleeping beauty/anima based on need

- don't bother with Cerberus. You will get a Hera Ur before it becomes even minimally useful

Gang, now that the starter dragons have their new ult evos should I be looking at Plesios' new form?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1920

I can't decide if it would be a better fit for my blue team than Uchi&Yama. Both are water/wood, both have double TPA; U&Y has better ATK and RCV, more awakenings, and an orb change; Plessie has better HP and a physical sub-type to take advantage of any Bonia pairings I get.

fXrGMMz.jpg

yami4ct

Gang, now that the starter dragons have their new ult evos should I be looking at Plesios' new form?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1920

I can't decide if it would be a better fit for my blue team than Uchi&Yama. Both are water/wood, both have double TPA; U&Y has better ATK and RCV, more awakenings, and an orb change; Plessie has better HP and a physical sub-type to take advantage of any Ronia pairings I get.

fXrGMMz.jpg

The two TPAs make those guys really viable. I'm certainly considering Tyrannos for my Urd team. I'd definitely replace U&Y as you get the Sonia boost as well as the huge boost from the two TPAs. Just make sure you're using TPAs whenever possible.

Top Bottom