• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Hige

I need to do this for a Purple when Ronia's alt comes around, Who drops that?
Like hermit mentioned, it's Heracles this time. But keep in mind that the jewels cycle every event now and aren't tied to a particular descend. They appear in the standard element order (fire, water, wood, light, dark) with fire on the first day of events, water the second etc. Puzzledragonx.com and PadGuide should have the jewels listed ahead of time so you can see if they're available during an easier descend.

AMUSIX

OK, been trying to start this game for the past three days...just been redoing that tutorial and rerolling over and over...

At some point, I'm just going to give up.

Almost went with the Leviathan, because the image was so big and pretty...oh well, going back to try yet again.

edit: and now I ditched Lilith...

edit, edit: how the hell can Amon be crap? he even came out of an egg+...yeah, giving up for now...will probably try again in the morning.

I have to imagine that hot streaks might be a thing - pulled Ares, Krishna, Yamato Takeru, Amon, Green Guan Yu, Apocalypse, and Artemis all consecutively today. Just kept going with what I had until I didn't get a gold egg. Waited a little while longer and got FA Lucifer and Hermes consecutively.

I don't know that you could convince me that this is pure luck. But maybe it is. I'm sure people have gotten that many silver/star eggs in a row too. I've had pretty bad luck in the past too, so it might be confirmation bias.
Hey, I didn't know you played this game!

Anyway, final godfest tally: 10 rolls, no Amon or FA Luci

however, picked up Baal, Ares, Isis, Artermis, Lakshmi, ForestBahn (wtf is this), and Sleeping Zhuge

at least I can put the Marine Rider I got from the carnival to good use

Wait...is Amon good or not? Because I don't think I've cleared that data yet...
I just want Amon for its high RCV and blue physical typing. Blue row enhance and skill boost too.

I figure it would be much easier to get an Amon than a Blodin for my Blonia team in progress. Not sure what other teams can use Amon well though.

razterik

Took roughly 20 stones and most of my natural stamina for the last week and a half, but finally done with Shinrabansho.

Tally:
Max skill Shiva - finished this first, oddly enough.
Skill 4 second Shiva
2x max skill Lakshmi
2x max skill Arthur
Max skill Masterion
Max skill Apollo
Skill 2 Saiga - had 11 invades, more than enough to max through ultimate skill ups, but haha, no, he's not worth that.
Max skill Astaroth - last to finish.

Kept a Bokkle for low cost team, will use drawn joker drops to skill him later. If I had Baal and finished him through the same method as Astaroth, my stone count would have easily doubled. That fork cat has even worse evo materials besides the already annoying Waferman.

And a whole new set starts with Angry Birds tomorrow. Yay.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i just got a monster called Exa-Hydra - it seems like this monster has 5 round delay. Wow..though the 3 round from Echidna where the most you can get. Might have to replace Echidna with this one.

Althane

Draws!

Pierdrawn
Toyceratops

... FML

I'll probably make a roll after I run Thoth & Sopdet to see if I can get Thoth, and then leave the dungeon alone. Then use the rest of the stones (13 total right now, so if I 0-stone Thoth, 8 stones) for box space.

Ducarmel

Pulled 2 more time I got 2 golds but of course not the ones I wanted Artemis and Amon, glad I am getting more sub potential cards but those 2 don't fit on any of my teams. I still got one more pull left.

I just need one more Dragon stone so I can be done with Shinrabansho but it refuses to drop

So i just got a monster called Exa-Hydra - it seems like this monster has 5 round delay. Wow..though the 3 round from Echidna where the most you can get. Might have to replace Echidna with this one.

Force active skill is strong but that is the type of skill for the classic stall teams, the cool down is to long for the most end game stuff and his skill up "Ancient Blue Sacred Mask" is annoying to get. I would not abandon Echidna for him.

Taz

Non IAP saved 30 stones looking for Ronia Lu Bu

Went 4 gold 2 silver

Chiymone with 2.5 ATK 2 HP for balanced she any good ?

Flare drall

U&Y x5 God
Fenir Knight Kamui

Not bad but not great in my opinion

My Haku team is coming on strong though starting to clear a lot of descends on Legendary

Zero_IYAD

I just did my 1st REM pull since April!
I've been sitting on lots of stones lately! I even pushed my box capacity to 1300..
1 pull, got Light Metatron..
I still have no idea why I even pulled..
Does she fit anywhere in a Bastet team?

am_dragon

Took roughly 20 stones and most of my natural stamina for the last week and a half, but finally done with Shinrabansho.

Tally:
Max skill Shiva - finished this first, oddly enough.
Skill 4 second Shiva
2x max skill Lakshmi
2x max skill Arthur
Max skill Masterion
Max skill Apollo
Skill 2 Saiga - had 11 invades, more than enough to max through ultimate skill ups, but haha, no, he's not worth that.
Max skill Astaroth - last to finish.

Kept a Bokkle for low cost team, will use drawn joker drops to skill him later. If I had Baal and finished him through the same method as Astaroth, my stone count would have easily doubled. That fork cat has even worse evo materials besides the already annoying Waferman.

And a whole new set starts with Angry Birds tomorrow. Yay.

I've spent 19 stones on this dungeon so far. Shiva skill 3, Blazing Apollo skill 3, Laksmi skill max, Astaroth skill 3, King Saiga skill 2, Arthur skill max, Masterion skill 1.

My biggest problem has been the Dragon Stone and Wafer Man drop rate.
This morning I spent 6 stones @ 157 stam, switching between expert and legend:
Wafer Man / Dragonstone for each full stamina bar.
4/1
2/0
3/0 - Finally Max Skilled Arthur
2/0
3/0
3/0

Quantum

What is the fastest way to level up a dark team?

Without caring about cost, just looking for speed -

- stamina refresh and mission running for exp/drops (sanctuary)
- metal dragons
- revenge of metal dragons

it would seem that the revenge has the highest potential, metal possible then starlight sanctuary.

I'm just thinking - as the game evolves and you start to collect a ton of mobs/cards the experience needed to level teams increases. The limited routes to level teams would actually decrease the desire to IAP for REM.

if REM is such a cash cow, why not create more viable ways to level mobs - you still have the +297 grind afterwards, and it would seem like getting to lvl 99 should be easier.

(this came into my mind this morning because I'd like to work on a fourth team to play with prong attacks, but I still haven't finished my first three)

hermit7

- metal dragons

it would seem that the revenge has the highest potential, metal possible then starlight sanctuary.

I'm just thinking - as the game evolves and you start to collect a ton of mobs/cards the experience needed to level teams increases. The limited routes to level teams would actually decrease the desire to IAP for REM.

if REM is such a cash cow, why not create more viable ways to level mobs - you still have the +297 grind afterwards, and it would seem like getting to lvl 99 should be easier.

(this came into my mind this morning because I'd like to work on a fourth team to play with prong attacks, but I still haven't finished my first three)

I think that it is Revenge. I am kind of in the same boat, I have about finished levelling my blonia team, and am starting to level my Pandora because I seem to have all the subs for her already. I think that the main thing revolves around the flexibility of subs. Hanzo for example is already levelled and awoken because he has a place on my U&Y team. Haku is the same because she is on my Devil team. May as well make the small investment and level Pandora so I can have some more flexibility with 16x and Rows.

NineH

I'm having a lucky day today. 3/4 gold eggs, dupe Ares, Apollo, Green Zhuge Liang and Sea Serpent. Also went 3/5 for Shiva and Lakshmi skill ups too. Hopefully my luck continues throughout the day.

Ducarmel

- metal dragons

I think that it is Revenge. I am kind of in the same boat, I have about finished levelling my blonia team, and am starting to level my Pandora because I seem to have all the subs for her already. I think that the main thing revolves around the flexibility of subs. Hanzo for example is already levelled and awoken because he has a place on my U&Y team. Haku is the same because she is on my Devil team. May as well make the small investment and level Pandora so I can have some more flexibility with 16x and Rows.

It is revenge, if you have over 100+ stamina revenge will give you more exp material then any other method.

I don't think leveling monsters is all that hard if your willing to spend stones on revenge.

Looking at the math most REM exclusives gods take 4 million to max their evolved form, assuming you have let say 150 stamina you should be able to max that one card in 3 stones if you luck out and get at least 1 super king or 2 Kings every run

So about 15 stones to max out a whole team from 1-99

Super Jewels/Metals are already really easy for leveling if your max stamina can allow for multiple runs and you stone for stamina. Doing so and hoarding super kings is how some players can max level new monsters shortly after pulling them from godfest.

It's true that a long time player will have less and less incentive to pull the REM. Not only will there be fewer wants but the dupe chance goes up. Newer monsters + power creep is really the only way for Gungho to entice these players to pull more REM. Most of these players are stoning for refreshes when farming for skill ups or +eggs anyway.

I feel like I should transition into spending fewer stones on REM and more on box space, friend spots, and stamina refreshes at this point myself. Probably going to wait till I hit 150+ max stam before stoning supers but I could use a larger friend list than 50. Box space will depend on whether I want to bother with the hell that is my skillup rate.

Obviously, I still need a few specific REM pieces but archdemons coming around only every 4 months helps lol.

Althane

Did another pull, got the Dark Golem.

FML. I'm out for this godfest, gonan spend the rest of my stones trying to get Thoth. (No real reason, funsies, and I need more L leader/subs...)

King Carnival is actually the quickest way to level any monster, especially Dark and Gold monsters. I say especially Dark and Gold, because if you farm Super Metals/Golds you'll be getting a ton of High Dragons. And for whatever reason, GH decided High Dark and Gold Dragons are only worth 10K base exp. So feeding a High Metal to a Dark monster gives the same experience as feeding it a High colored Dragon. Yet, Super Metals costs the same 50 stamina. It should cost less like the regular Metal dungeon costs less than the others. At least Super Golds gives you a ton of gold just for running the dungeon. Super Metals is just a plain ripoff.

The only problem for some people with King Carnival is that it doesn't come around as often as Super Metals/Jewels and not everyone can build a team to effectively farm it. If only they allowed challenge mode for special dungeons, then we could all be doing sub-minute King Carnival runs with teams full of max-skilled/awoken Rodins.

linsivvi

King Carnival is actually the quickest way to level any monster, especially Dark and Gold monsters. I say especially Dark and Gold, because if you farm Super Metals/Golds you'll be getting a ton of High Dragons. And for whatever reason, GH decided High Dark and Gold Dragons are only worth 10K base exp. So feeding a High Metal to a Dark monster gives the same experience as feeding it a High colored Dragon. Yet, Super Metals costs the same 50 stamina. It should cost less like the regular Metal dungeon costs less than the others. At least Super Golds gives you a ton of gold just for running the dungeon. Super Metals is just a plain ripoff.

The only problem for some people with King Carnival is that it doesn't come around as often as Super Metals/Jewels and not everyone can build a team to effectively farm it. If only they allowed challenge mode for special dungeons, then we could all be doing sub-minute King Carnival runs with teams full of max-skilled/awoken Rodins.

Well King Carnival will be a coin dungeon pretty soon, and only at 3 million coins per hour. Leveling up won't be a problem any more as long as you are willing to spend some stones.

Well King Carnival will be a coin dungeon pretty soon, and only at 3 million coins per hour. Leveling up won't be a problem any more as long as you are willing to spend some stones.
Oh that'll defintely be helpful for people who need an instant max monster. Assuming they have a quick farm team of course.

Quantum

I used those three choices as tomorrow has the dark metals - King carnival would have been optimal - but its not around.

I'm in a bind trying to figure out what to do next. For all I've spent I've thrown most of it down the REM and really need to rank up and concentrate on a few select teams.

my problem is that I really like the collection aspect and really like playing with multiple leaders. I spent so much of this game as non-iap with only Loki I feel like I've been a gluttonous mess over the last 7 months trying to play every kind of team.

I have 137 stamina (rank 242) and think I will concentrate on getting to at least 150 before stoning for exp - I can mindlessly (and I mean mindlessly) farm Goddess of the Harvest in about 2 - 3 minutes. I can manage KoTG but I don't have a faceroll team and it can take 20-25 minutes.

clearly the exp is better in KoTG but I can rip through Harvest so much faster.

I think I can make an extremely effective pandora team to speed through KoTG but it is currently significantly under-leveled.

So, My insane thought process is to stone to level a team that will allow me to rank up to a level where it is worth it to stone for exp.

sounds very similar as I'm working on both a blonia and pandora team - driving myself crazy skilling FAL may just pay off yet.

Slightly good news for people wanting to skill up monsters in ABE; they drop evolved from floors 3 and 6 but are not fixed spawns. The boss is also a discount Flame Chaser.

smbu2000

Max skilled the Bastet on my newest account. (only needed two levels to finish it.)

Got the Bastet on my main account from level 1 to level 5.(4/15) Not bad, hopefully I can do well on the 31st. Had terrible luck with my Isis though, 2/18...

On my other one, I was constantly playing the recent Light dungeon (forgot the name) and managed to get 3 Light Chasers. Also max skilled my Hanzo (just needed one so not bad.)
Looking forward to Tuesday so I can power up my DMetatron. Picked up the blue mask I needed this past Wednesday on my first try.

hermit7

sounds very similar as I'm working on both a blonia and pandora team - driving myself crazy skilling FAL may just pay off yet.

I think that the issue for me in farming for skill ups is the extra investment that is necessary. I hope that the 100 percent skill creatures that are released are farmable (even on a challenging dungeon).

FAL is a sweet monster, but damn is it hard. That is what Iike about my Blonia team, is there are so many skill reduction awakenings that I need to stall for maybe 3 turns before they are up. (12 skills with Bubblie, 9 blue rows with blonia lead and 3 dark rows)

I think that the issue for me in farming for skill ups is the extra investment that is necessary. I hope that the 100 percent skill creatures that are released are farmable (even on a challenging dungeon).
I hate that to have any chance of max skilling DQXQ without stoning I would essentially have to give up playing for two weeks to play one dungeon 3 times a day.

hermit7

I hate that to have any chance of max skilling DQXQ without stoning I would essentially have to give up playing for two weeks to play one dungeon 3 times a day.

Hopefully the 5 min stam refresh will help with that. Equates to 288 stamina per day which would be 5/day

J0dy77

- metal dragons

Leveling monsters is insanely easy now that they added the daily supers during events. Just run the appropriate color. Couple refreshes. Done.

Quantum

hmm with thinking about my blonia team - I don't have either hermes or amon, both seem to be fantastic subs.

and its a gala of tides.

hmm. I really wanted to cool it for awhile, but it seems like an optimal time to roll for blonia subs.

Leveling monsters is insanely easy now that they added the daily supers during events. Just run the appropriate color. Couple refreshes. Done.

planning on it. might rank to 150 sta first to get 3 runs a stone

Jonsoncao

Banned
After 5 dragonstones wasted, decided not restore stamina anymore, and flight was delayed at ORD, being frustrated and tired, went to the Godfest to use up those saved up 15 stones...

first pull, Ronia (4th one)......

Those dragonstones drop rate is really atrocious. I salute anyone who has maxed Shiva...

Quantum

After 5 dragonstones wasted, decided not restore stamina anymore, and flight was delayed at ORD, being frustrated and tired, went to the Godfest to use up those saved up 15 stones...

first pull, Ronia (4th one)......

Those dragonstones drop rate is really atrocious. I salute anyone who has maxed Shiva...

ffs. 4. its like me and Lmeta, only useful.

(well more useful - I guess 4 is overkill)

Narras

Pulled 4 times.

Phantom Thunder Dragon, Sagirinokami (A gold egg of a monster I've never even heard of.)
GrimRock (Eh.)
Mystic Ice Knight (Eh.)
Fallen Angel Lucifer (Pretty sweet.)

tief-blau

Neo Member
*rolls REM*

2nd Amon
Echidna

(゚ぺ)

At least I won't need to farm those fire dungeons for a Naga anymore.

Hige

ffs. 4. its like me and Lmeta, only useful.

(well more useful - I guess 4 is overkill)
I have 4 Ronias and I've never used more than two. Three might be okay but I hate leveling/awakening dupe cards when I could be leveling something more useful. Even a Red Guan Yu team doesn't need more than two. I'll trade you my extras if you have any Rodins lol.

ZeroAKA

Decided to pull one more time before Godfest ends, bringing my total to 2 pulls this Godfest. Both of them ended up being Ronia...

I really don't understand the REM sometimes.

Decided to pull one more time before Godfest ends, bringing my total to 2 pulls this Godfest. Both of them ended up being Ronia...

I really don't understand the REM sometimes.

My friend has pulled over 100 times during Godfests for a Ronia and no dice. They don't get it either.

FZZ

Banned
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

I BOUGHT 13 MAGIC STONES TO DO THREE MORE ROLLS BEFORE THE GOD FEST ENDED, I GOT AN OROCHI, RED SONIA, AND BLUE SONIA

I ALREADY HAD GREEN SO NOW I HAVE ALL THREE

HOLY FUCK

tief-blau

Neo Member
*decides to roll REM again until something other than a gold egg appears*

Blue Wind Ninja, Hatsume
Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
Andromeda
Water Dragon Swordsman

ヽ( ゚ヮ゚ )ノ

FZZ

Banned
To top it off I just pulled the PAL Egg and got a Tamadra

giphy.gif

The PAD Gods are on my side today

Paltros

This godfest gave me my second RSonia, which I'm pretty happy about but.... it also gave me my third DMeta. Is there even any use for dupe DMetas? The only one of them I'm using is just Pandora's dedicated orb enhancer.

Top Bottom