• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

saichi

Yes, cleared Challenge Desc. No 6 for the first time - based U&Y. Nearly managed to clear it last time but i screwed up an easy combo, this time i pulled though. Maybe the setup was easier this time but who cares, cleared xD

Sucks that the reward is a Flampy though - i have no use for it. The other challenges are out of my reach - but i hope to give the Lvl 8 No RCV dungeon a try at some point.

Cleared with my LTron healer team too. Got some lucky break with the ninja on F1.

I wish I could take your Flampy since I need a lot of them for Awoken Minerva & Disco Hera.

zoku88

Cleared with my LTron healer team too. Got some lucky break with the ninja on F1.

I wish I could take your Flampy since I need a lot of them for Awoken Minerva & Disco Hera.
Well disco hera has hera ur sempai as a skill up. I'd probably just wait.

Devils are so overpowered and broken in this game.

9hvW8jq.jpg

saichi

Brought Awoken Minerva team into Hera-Sowilo. I can't make consistent 6 combos or above so I can't kill her. I also can't die cause I always make enough conbo to heal. Finally killed her when Protection of the Gods has 856 rounds left which means it took me 144 turns to kill her. :(

NineH

Oh Wicked Lady, why don't you drop for me even during x2 drop rates??? Looks like I have to buy the coin dungeon if I want to skill up Persephone.

tr4656

Oh Wicked Lady, why don't you drop for me even during x2 drop rates??? Looks like I have to buy the coin dungeon if I want to skill up Persephone.

Might as well just go with the coin dungeon since getting money on weekends is so easy.-

Quantum

Decided to run Tamadra village with my free stones instead of 2 yolo rolls.

well - I ran it 17 times.

5 Grodin tama
5 Rodin Tama
15 Tamadra
60 Baby tamadras

2 skill up rodin
1 skill up grodin#2

I should be good for tamas for a few weeks.

smbu2000

Finally, got those last few HP plus eggs...Definitely took awhile as I've gotten my Trunks up to about 80 plus eggs (almost all ATK and RCV) while giving only the HP plus eggs to Vegito. Now I just need 2 more flampys to finish him off. (Still waiting on that one from this past Gung Ho event.)

Running the survey coin dungeons is tough, even on 2x drop rate. I used most of my stamina (iPad) on it, ranked up and used all of it and only managed to get 4 black fairies for Pandora. I'll try again when I'm close to ranking up again. I'd like to have a chance to level up my Pandora as the rest of my pandora team is max skilled (DMeta, Haku, Hanzo x2.)

Looking forward to the new GF. It's a tough choice on which one to go for. I'd still like to get a Lu Bu, but the day he is in the Kalis are both at normal rates. I'd like a Kali more so, either one is okay.

Yes, cleared Challenge Desc. No 6 for the first time - based U&Y. Nearly managed to clear it last time but i screwed up an easy combo, this time i pulled though. Maybe the setup was easier this time but who cares, cleared xD

Sucks that the reward is a Flampy though - i have no use for it. The other challenges are out of my reach - but i hope to give the Lvl 8 No RCV dungeon a try at some point.
Congrats on the clear!
For me 8 is easier than 7. You just have to be prepared for all of the binds that usually come. That's why I have a max skilled LMeta on both of my accounts.

Just keep your flampy in your box as you'll need it sometime. Before I had several flampys on my iPhone and I was wondering what to do with them. Then I got Raoh and Kenshiro and started using them. Now with Vegito as well, I'm starved for Flampys.
You can never have enough of them, especially for hard to skill up characters.

razterik

with my box, any chance of beating level 7?

Sure, Ronia/Beelzebub works here if you grind everything down. Don't really see a big burst, but you can use something like Ronia/Ronia/Raoh/Lucifer/Echidna/Beelzebub. RCV isn't great and no strong finisher, so I recommend Echidna for safety over Minerva. First floor should go down with a decent Ronia board and a dark enhance, but it might depend on the plus egg status of your team/friend. Every other floor, grind until near rage mode, then kill the same way. Make sure to clear all Thoth's junk orbs each turn and unbind leaders while using Sopdet's hearts to heal. Be careful of Isis' skill bind, either save some hearts for the 20k attacks or try to kill her before 50%.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

How does your LMeta team look like ? She is missing Rows or TPA so im not really sure what people focus with on her. Can you somehow stall on a No RCV dungeon with her ?
I just beat Challenge Dungeon 6 Lv 6 with a blind proof Umisachi&Yamasachi team. Very smooth run, took Takeminakata down to 10% in 1 turn after Sun Quan boost.

I love U&Y blind resist - man i wish GZL had that skill as well would have probably save me from a couple of deaths. For reference my team.

2015-04-29-15-57-49wlum5.png

Would have gone with SQ as well - but since he isnt skilled i left him in the box and just went for units with good stats and +skill to clear every stage asap. Looking back i didnt really need Odin, but he is a save option.

Finally, got those last few HP plus eggs...Definitely took awhile as I've gotten my Trunks up to about 80 plus eggs (almost all ATK and RCV) while giving only the HP plus eggs to Vegito. Now I just need 2 more flampys to finish him off. (Still waiting on that one from this past Gung Ho event.)

Running the survey coin dungeons is tough, even on 2x drop rate. I used most of my stamina (iPad) on it, ranked up and used all of it and only managed to get 4 black fairies for Pandora. I'll try again when I'm close to ranking up again. I'd like to have a chance to level up my Pandora as the rest of my pandora team is max skilled (DMeta, Haku, Hanzo x2.)

Looking forward to the new GF. It's a tough choice on which one to go for. I'd still like to get a Lu Bu, but the day he is in the Kalis are both at normal rates. I'd like a Kali more so, either one is okay.

Congrats on the clear!
For me 8 is easier than 7. You just have to be prepared for all of the binds that usually come. That's why I have a max skilled LMeta on both of my accounts.

Just keep your flampy in your box as you'll need it sometime. Before I had several flampys on my iPhone and I was wondering what to do with them. Then I got Raoh and Kenshiro and started using them. Now with Vegito as well, I'm starved for Flampys.
You can never have enough of them, especially for hard to skill up characters.

Dat Vegito :eek:
Congrats on +297ing him - amazing and fitting for such a units. Kinda crazy seeing how fast you are able to hypermax some of these units, would probbaly be more of a lifetime project for me heh.

Do you know who is next in line once you are finished with Trunks ?

About Challenge 8 - yeah one i have Ult Evo LMeta a bit skilled i might give these dungeons a shot, she seems essential for a bunch of stages.

I kept the Flampy in my box...but i dont see myself investing in fire units anytime soon -- i wish i could...i have 3 Ronias heh but with limited resources i now try to keep optimizing the good teams (Water/Wood) i already have....getting a fire/dark team that is as strong would take forever :-/

Once we get Ult Lu Bu im willing to give a more dark focused team a chance though he looks good.

scottnak

FINALLY got thru Challenge #6 (no stones)!!
Just felt like trying to see if trading out my mini-valk for Droiddragon would do somethin'... worked out!!

I think I'll dump the 2 flampys (1 from before) into my Rodin...? Can't really see other applicants...

God Fest Day 1 roll....... verdandi!
... I wish I could find more about her... T^T

cw_sasuke

Yolo pull: Hades

I'm happy but man getting his Awoken version will be quite an ordeal. But he should be a nice sub in my GZL team.

Edit;

Wasn't going to pull after seeing Count Antonius post... But then I thought screw it.. One pull, since I'll be getting 250 day login Orbs today anyway.

Hades is the only non special God from the featured units I really wanted.

OK I have calmed down a bit. I'm taking this as a sign to stick to what i have and learn Ra. Bye bye Godfests!

FINALLY got thru Challenge #6 (no stones)!!
Just felt like trying to see if trading out my mini-valk for Droiddragon would do somethin'... worked out!!

I think I'll dump the 2 flampys (1 from before) into my Rodin...? Can't really see other applicants...

God Fest Day 1 roll....... verdandi!
... I wish I could find more about her... T^T
Grats. One of the best new leaders.

Last few godfests I manged to get a solid team for her.

cw_sasuke

I run her also often Scott if you need Verdandi friends - she is a great leader.

scottnak

OK I have calmed down a bit. I'm taking this as a sign to stick to what i have and learn Ra. Bye bye Godfests!

Grats. One of the best new leaders.

Last few godfests I manged to get a solid team for her.

Ohho... really. I was thinking she'd be nice for Leilan... w/ Verdandi, Mini Valk, Mini Leilan + ?? would be a good combo

Guess it's time to think up s'more

(Edit): Sas! It may be a while before I put her in to use regularly... but if you want to add me: 311,538.385
LKali is my usual main though

cw_sasuke

Sure I'll send you an invite.... I just checked my list and realized that we weren't already friends.

LKali is nice too, her Ult Evo looks amazing :O

jiggle

Oh fuck hit with the blue dragon fruit curse

Looks like I'm not even getting 1 verdandi skill up this cycle!

Yamato is a little too powerful for trifruit :X

Nohar

Hi everyone. Just began playing this game a week ago, and completed Castle of Satan yesterday. I still have my present to give (my friends stopped playing this game long before I decided to give it a try). Anyone interested (first reply with ID - mine is 771,144,260 btw)?

Also, not quite sure I have good monsters on my team, though I don't see myself deleting my save and playing the game again from the beginning... I have Hermes (God - my actual leader), Naga, Plesios (starter), Snow White and Fuu.

EDIT: Just checked. Well, it seems I haven't been lucky at all. Better to just restart. Mrgrgr.

jiggle

Also, not quite sure I have good monsters on my team, though I don't see myself deleting my save and playing the game again from the beginning... I have Hermes (God - my actual leader), Naga, Plesios (starter), Snow White and Fuu.
Not good...
With a great lead you can easily catch up to ur current point in like a day or two
And progress way faster from there after
Next two days are GREAT TIME to be rerolling

Just make up backup of ur current game(on ios) if you are really attached to it

So I got two teams I could work on but don't know which to go for first. None of them have levels, awakenings skill ups or plus eggs(well red does because of my two Red Sonias)

Team One
Yamato, Ronia, Ronia, Leilan, Chiyome, Yamato

This is an orb changing red row enhance hero team.

Team two
Verdandi, Liu Bei, Chu Cu, Freyja, Vishnu, Verdandi

TPA Green team.

I'm kind of bored of my Ronia team and want to try something new. Which one of these teams has most potential for descends etc? Eventually iIll work on them both but I want to work on the better one first.

Nohar

Got Phantom God Odin on my 2nd reroll (OK tier according to 4chan guide), who I can't even use because he costs 30. Oh well, I guess it'll be good enough, chances are I will get better monsters thanks to the buff to the REM.

If you're on JP, remember to download the Final Fantasy portal app for the Fat Chocobo. It has a skill similar to D. Kali's on a 10-11 turn cooldown.

Got 3 exclusives in 8 rolls. Too bad 2 of them were Grodin (my 5th including the one i fed away. Leave me alone, Grodin. Holy shit) and GGY. Gadius is great, but i don't have any good heartmakers.

Jagernaut

4 pulls, all gold eggs.

Nephthys
Grape Dragon - dupe
Hermes - dupe, wanted Persephone and Artemis
Apocalypse

So 2 from dark carnival, 1 featured god, 1 godfest exclusive.

Radious (dupe)
Grodin (dupe)
Shotel

Pretty shit godfest for me. I guess I was due for a bad set of pulls. I may try to scrape up a stone to get one last pull. I really want a Greek 1 god.

razterik

So I got two teams I could work on but don't know which to go for first. None of them have levels, awakenings skill ups or plus eggs(well red does because of my two Red Sonias)

Team One
Yamato, Ronia, Ronia, Leilan, Chiyome, Yamato

This is an orb changing red row enhance hero team.

Team two
Verdandi, Liu Bei, Chu Cu, Freyja, Vishnu, Verdandi

TPA Green team.

I'm kind of bored of my Ronia team and want to try something new. Which one of these teams has most potential for descends etc? Eventually iIll work on them both but I want to work on the better one first.

Three board changers for Yamato is too much, especially since Ronia can give you a mostly dark board. Drop one of them and take either another five turn red orb changer or some sort of red enhance to help boost damage.

Verdandi is likely a better choice for descends being capable of tanking large hits and dealing a lot of damage. Having Liu Bei helps solidfy her team. Not sure Vishnu is the best sub, though.

Got Phantom God Odin on my 2nd reroll (OK tier according to 4chan guide), who I can't even use because he costs 30. Oh well, I guess it'll be good enough, chances are I will get better monsters thanks to the buff to the REM.

If you are in for the long haul, keep him. He's not the best leader, but is a fantastic utility to have for many later dungeons and is almost required for many quick farming teams.

Not to mention he's due for a uvo which, if the other Odin uvos are any indication, will only increase his value. His leader skill is also competitive with the types of leader skills considered usable in today's meta.

edit: no seriously I thought they took all the 3* farmable garbage like faillio out of the REM I keep rolling them

cw_sasuke

For those who cares, daily dungeon schedule can be found at the new wiki site: http://padwiki.net/wiki/Puzzle_%26_Dragons_Wiki

Hehe thanks man, with PDX down i didnt really know what to do or which guerrila stage to wait for xD

Radious (dupe)
Grodin (dupe)
Shotel

Pretty shit godfest for me. I guess I was due for a bad set of pulls. I may try to scrape up a stone to get one last pull. I really want a Greek 1 god.

Is this your 2nd or 3rd Grodin ? I remember some uber tank teams with 2 Grodin subs...maybe he can be useful for specific grinds.

Four pulls, two gold, one silver, one star.

Loki (I thought this was supposed to be Greek gods...)
Red Sonia (!!!)
Salamander (should have stopped...)
Mystic Stone Knight (stop...)

So I got a Ronia for 20 stones, is that a good deal?

Nohar

If you are in for the long haul, keep him. He's not the best leader, but is a fantastic utility to have for many later dungeons and is almost required for many quick farming teams.

I guess I will follow you advice then. Right now I need to farm my rank to be able to put him in my team (and it seems it is gonna take a while).

My other pulls gave me Shiva and a Phoenix Knight... Oh well.

razterik

Suckered into rolling JP Godfest.

Grodin (3rd dupe, useless)
Phoenix knight
Vampire (not even evolved once)

Are you fucking serious...

I guess I will follow you advice then. Right now I need to farm my rank to be able to put him in my team (and it seems it is gonna take a while).

My other pulls gave me Shiva and a Phoenix Knight... Oh well.

Phoenix is farmable, so not a great pull, but works well with what you got. Shiva is quite good and works pretty well with red Odin (often referred to as Rodin). This is a good start.

Jagernaut

Hehe thanks man, with PDX down i didnt really know what to do or which guerrila stage to wait for xD

Is this your 2nd or 3rd Grodin ? I remember some uber tank teams with 2 Grodin subs...maybe he can be useful for specific grinds.

Get the PadGuide app and you can set alarms for the time limited dungeons.

Jagernaut

Four pulls, two gold, one silver, one star.

Loki (I thought this was supposed to be Greek gods...)
Red Sonia (!!!)
Salamander (should have stopped...)
Mystic Stone Knight (stop...)

So I got a Ronia for 20 stones, is that a good deal?

Ronia is a great pull, top tier lead (I have 4 of them). I do most descends with her.

Top Bottom