• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

4 pulls:
Nephthys
Hades
Toyceratops
Gr Sonia (Urgg, the third one, i never use this)

Overall, not bad but these hardly change my team.
Is Nephthys good, anyone?

smbu2000

Well I pulled 5 times on my iPhone, 3 were trash and I got dupe Yamato Takeru and Sun Quan. Dupes aren't bad, but was hoping for something better.

Pulled 4 times on my iPad and got 2 silvers: red riding hood, sleeping beauty as well as 2 gold: Perseus and the Norn Urd. Much happier with these pulls. I have quite a few fire cards on my iPad, so I can probably make a good team.

Looking forward to the second half of the GW event to finish skilling up my Liu Beis.

The copy of PAD/Super Mario 3DS I ordered for my gf also arrived today. She is looking forward to trying it out.
She also just finished 297'ing her Sun Wukong and has a lot of fairies she needs to evolve from this past survey dungeon to max skill him.

Dat Vegito :eek:
Congrats on +297ing him - amazing and fitting for such a units. Kinda crazy seeing how fast you are able to hypermax some of these units, would probbaly be more of a lifetime project for me heh.

Do you know who is next in line once you are finished with Trunks ?

About Challenge 8 - yeah one i have Ult Evo LMeta a bit skilled i might give these dungeons a shot, she seems essential for a bunch of stages.

I kept the Flampy in my box...but i dont see myself investing in fire units anytime soon -- i wish i could...i have 3 Ronias heh but with limited resources i now try to keep optimizing the good teams (Water/Wood) i already have....getting a fire/dark team that is as strong would take forever :-/

Once we get Ult Lu Bu im willing to give a more dark focused team a chance though he looks good.
Thanks! He has such great stats for a card, the best weighted in the game I think. (even better at 297)

Well the 3x normal dungeon drop events have been really great for getting plus eggs. I've already gotten my Trunks up to almost 100 (although with a serious lack of HP ones) and I haven't done as much this event as I used my weekend stamina on the last survey dungeon.

I haven't really thought about who I will go after. I was thinking of maybe Hino Kagu or Liu Beinto help my Vegito team. Or Kotaro or Izanagi to help my LKali team.

You'll eventually build more teams. Plus if you go with multi color teams you'll have them to skill up one of your characters. Right now I'm giving the flampys on my iPad to my Awoken Horus.

linsivvi

2 more pulls after getting the 700 days stones....

Artermis
Berserker Z

Better than nothing I guess. Why do I keep getting these useless PADZ eggs? Why are they in the rare egg machine to begin with?

ZeroAKA

The Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Edition demo for 3DS is now out in the US. It seems to have unlimited uses.

Edit: Beat it 5 minutes. That's slightly disappointing.

Berzerker Z is actually pretty cool as a discount Ronia, got good awakenings and active.

Also fat chocobo is a pretty cool sub, how do his stats compare to typical endgame monsters?

linsivvi

Berzerker Z is actually pretty cool as a discount Ronia, got good awakenings and active.

Also fat chocobo is a pretty cool sub, how do his stats compare to typical endgame monsters?

Yeah but with Beel/Ronia there's really no point in using Berzerker Z except in dungeons where it's preferable to go mono red, or low cost dungeons (which I hope there won't be any more, ever).

Not great. A weighted stat of 650 is mini 3k tier. There's also the issue that most of that stat comes from the HP, so you're dealing with no recovery and a triple digit attack stat.

So I got two teams I could work on but don't know which to go for first. None of them have levels, awakenings skill ups or plus eggs(well red does because of my two Red Sonias)

Team One
Yamato, Ronia, Ronia, Leilan, Chiyome, Yamato

This is an orb changing red row enhance hero team.

Team two
Verdandi, Liu Bei, Chu Cu, Freyja, Vishnu, Verdandi

TPA Green team.

I'm kind of bored of my Ronia team and want to try something new. Which one of these teams has most potential for descends etc? Eventually iIll work on them both but I want to work on the better one first.
Both have potential but focus on Verdandi. Hero god teams without skillups are limited and 2PA instead of rows will give you a different play style from Ronia. Having the best Verdandi sub doesn't hurt either.

smbu2000

Click on the banner ad that pops up when you start PAD to get the Final Fantasy Portal app, then click on the banner ad in that app to be taken back to PAD, where it should suddenly appear in your box

Thanks for the tip. I just picked him up on both of my accounts.

Oh, it can also be evolved, nice. 9 awakenings as well.

Ducarmel

We are never going to get the FF collab here, right? :(
Doesn't seem like it will ever happen.

Caspel if your reading I would pay money to transfer my NA account to the JP server.

Click on the banner ad that pops up when you start PAD to get the Final Fantasy Portal app, then click on the banner ad in that app to be taken back to PAD, where it should suddenly appear in your box
thanks, I got it.

smbu2000 can you add me again 271,984,210 I understand why you deleted me since i did abandon the account for a couple of months but I'm back to playing the jp version again.

smbu2000

smbu2000 can you add me again 271,984,210 I understand why you deleted me since i did abandon the account for a couple of months but I'm back to playing the jp version again.
Done. Sent requests from both of my accounts. iPhone: smbu and iPad: mastrchief

Sorry, thought you had quit playing and I was trying to clear up friend space awhile back.

Jagernaut

Just went 1/3 (feeding 1 at a time) using red super kings to re-max skill Ares. Exp wasted but beats farming and evolving skillup monsters.

Great change, I'll use supers to finish skilling up Hermes and Apollo. At least those 2 are not max leveled yet so I can use the xp.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is Awoken Hades used as a leader as well ? If so are there any desc that he is particularly fitted for ? WIll be quite some stamina i will have to "waste" to get him...dont know if i can pull through with it if he is "just" a sub or if i cant clear new stuff with him that U&Y and GZL cant right now.

Thanks! He has such great stats for a card, the best weighted in the game I think. (even better at 297)

Well the 3x normal dungeon drop events have been really great for getting plus eggs. I've already gotten my Trunks up to almost 100 (although with a serious lack of HP ones) and I haven't done as much this event as I used my weekend stamina on the last survey dungeon.

I haven't really thought about who I will go after. I was thinking of maybe Hino Kagu or Liu Beinto help my Vegito team. Or Kotaro or Izanagi to help my LKali team.

You'll eventually build more teams. Plus if you go with multi color teams you'll have them to skill up one of your characters. Right now I'm giving the flampys on my iPad to my Awoken Horus.

I also will be getting the PaD Mario Bros Edition - we in europe are getting it next week, already liked the demo, should be fun. We also get two games in one package.

Do you mind posting a pic of your current LKali team ? I dont remember that it included a Izanagi...or are these just variable subs ? From what i have read Sun Quans B/G Ult Evo might be a good fit - even though his cool down is higher.

I wish i could skill Sun Quan down, i have been playing the game for more than 200 days but havent gotten a chance to skill up Yomi or Sun Quan yet...hope their skill-up dungeons (if they exist) come back soon.

About Pys - tbh i havent used one of them yet, i only have like 4-5 anyway hehe. Just no getting to a point where i can take on challenge lvl 5 or 6. So im ultra conservative with them and will spend them once i get a team/unit that is worth the skill ups.

Is Awoken Hades used as a leader as well ? If so are there any desc that he is particularly fitted for ? WIll be quite some stamina i will have to "waste" to get him...dont know if i can pull through with it if he is "just" a sub or if i cant clear new stuff with him that U&Y and GZL cant right now.
I 0-stoned God Rush and Hera Rush with dual Hades leads. He cheeses Zeus Dios too.

Ok thats impressive - do you mind posting your regular subs for him...or the ones you used for Hera Rush ?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161584861&postcount=7977

basically dark subs that make dark orbs, have dark rows, or both

Here's my God Rush clear:

lUEBVnz.jpg

linsivvi

Seems like pdx is back up.

Ok thats impressive - do you mind posting your regular subs for him...or the ones you used for Hera Rush ?

Yeah all the Awoken Greek gods can clear top tier dungeons given the right colors.

Saying that made me feel worse for not rolling a Greek god after spending all my stones.

Jagernaut

Sasuke, Sun Quan skillups are in Ocean Dragon Knight. We had it for 2 weeks when it first came out (August 2014, I max skilled him then) and it's in the coin dungeon right now (it rotates out after tonight).

For Yomi/Venus skillups you have to wait for ECO Collab to return.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161584861&postcount=7977

basically dark subs that make dark orbs, have dark rows, or both

Here's my God Rush clear:
Alright thanks - so pretty much the usual darb subs. I have DMeta and Persephone but am missing Hanzo/Haku. Shit this makes me wanna pull one time tomorrow for Haku...but after getting Hades today i shouldnt push my luck.

Guess the best way to Gaia Desc would be farming Guan Yinping and/or Wangren first ...just thinking about it..lol...this will be a longterm goal for sure.

Yeah all the Awoken Greek gods can clear top tier dungeons given the right colors.

Saying that made me feel worse for not rolling a Greek god after spending all my stones.
Probably the reason why they need so expensive evo materials - tough but understandable.

Sasuke, Sun Quan skillups are in Ocean Dragon Knight. We had it for 2 weeks when it first came out (August 2014, I max skilled him then) and it's in the coin dungeon right now (it rotates out after tonight).

For Yomi/Venus skillups you have to wait for ECO Collab to return.

Ah thanks - August 2014 ? Thats around the time i started playing the game, damn. Didnt have him at that point anyway but good to know. Will the dungeon join the standard lineup again or should i just go for the coin dungeon in the future ?

I remember the Eco collab and i wanted to farm Yomi skill ups but my max stamina was so low at the time that i just had to focus on leveling up :-/

My U&Y would that much stronger if i actually were able to use these skills at some point...lol.

Both have potential but focus on Verdandi. Hero god teams without skillups are limited and 2PA instead of rows will give you a different play style from Ronia. Having the best Verdandi sub doesn't hurt either.

Three board changers for Yamato is too much, especially since Ronia can give you a mostly dark board. Drop one of them and take either another five turn red orb changer or some sort of red enhance to help boost damage.

Verdandi is likely a better choice for descends being capable of tanking large hits and dealing a lot of damage. Having Liu Bei helps solidfy her team. Not sure Vishnu is the best sub, though.

If you are in for the long haul, keep him. He's not the best leader, but is a fantastic utility to have for many later dungeons and is almost required for many quick farming teams.

Thanks guys.

Jagernaut

Alright thanks - so pretty much the usual darb subs. I have DMeta and Persephone but am missing Hanzo/Haku. Shit this makes me wanna pull one time tomorrow for Haku...but after getting Hades today i shouldnt push my luck.

Guess the best way to Gaia Desc would be farming Guan Yinping and/or Wangren first ...just thinking about it..lol...this will be a longterm goal for sure.

Probably the reason why they need so expensive evo materials - tough but understandable.

Ah thanks - August 2014 ? Thats around the time i started playing the game, damn. Didnt have him at that point anyway but good to know. Will the dungeon join the standard lineup again or should i just go for the coin dungeon in the future ?

I remember the Eco collab and i wanted to farm Yomi skill ups but my max stamina was so low at the time that i just had to focus on leveling up :-/

My U&Y would that much stronger if i actually were able to use these skills at some point...lol.

It might come back in the future for a whole week but it's not certain. The coin dungeon is your best bet, it will rotate back in eventually. If you run Legend difficulty you will have a 2/3 chance every run of getting the skillup monster Waron on floor 5. There is also a chance of getting him from regular pal pulls, or using the mini version for skillups if the 3K pal machine comes back.

It might come back in the future for a whole week but it's not certain. The coin dungeon is your best bet, it will rotate back in eventually. If you run Legend difficulty you will have a 2/3 chance every run of getting the skillup monster Waron on floor 5. There is also a chance of getting him from regular pal pulls, or using the mini version for skillups if the 3K pal machine comes back.
It's actually closer to 1/3 chance, maybe a little higher. The fifth floor isn't a guaranteed drop even on legend.

Well, I can only speak to my experience, which points towards about 2/3 chance of any drop on that floor. It's possible I've just been really unlucky, but I've run those dungeons a lot.

am_dragon

Rolled this morning. Before rolling today I have at least 2 of all but Venus from Greco-Roman, and only Ares and Presephone from Greco Gods. I figured I had a decent chance of scoring a missing piece. I wanted Apollo for Kirin and could use Venus Artemis and Hermes.

Dark Golem - these aren't gone yet?
Odin - 2nd but still useful.
Dark Golem - this is a joke right?
Minerva - 3rd, rolling though the pain.
URD - ok I'm done.
Apollo - Perfect now I'm done.

Rolled Urd and promptly missed the Red Super dungeon. Oh well, plenty of work to do before that team will be ready anyway. Going for 1 Devilit tomorrow to evo Pandora, and 1 Angelit to evo Sun Wukong.

NineH

I convinced myself to pull in the godfest even though I have 7 of the 10 featured gods. My reasoning was that I needed dupes for Ceres, Minerva and Neptune so I can get their awakened forms. What a mistake that was. I got

Loki
Drawn Joker
Cinderella
Lumiel
Vritra
Fuu
Berserker Z
Apollo

All dupes except for Lumiel. Darn it. I really wanted a Venus too.

Okamid3n

I can't resist pulling, I literally had nothing I really wanted except Minerva and godfest exclusives.

First pull, Ares. Good enough pull, My main team is fire based and I needed an heart breaker. I prefer cards with some RCV though...

Second pull, Ronia. Finally a Sonia!

I should stop pulling while I'm ahead.

Skilling up both Ronia and Urd will be hell, though. Atleast urd is skill level 4 already...

Okamid3n

Personally I'd go with chickenbowl, that extra HP is a big help for a healer team.

It's a decent amount of damage less, though, especially since the bowl isn't a healer itself, so on some dungeons, Shynee might still be better.

Quantum

reading this thread is dangerous during godfests - but I've held off so far - I don't have minerva, ceres or neptune.

all three I'd like - but I'm not going to pull until I level up a few more teams.

my urd team is my most fun right now, followed by lmeta -(although I want sandalphon to return for venus), followed by beelz, lu bu and ronia,

I mention this because after playing different leads I'm sad that blonia is such a mediocre lead and how much time I spent leveling and egging her..

I mention this because after playing different leads I'm sad that blonia is such a mediocre lead and how much time I spent leveling and egging her..
It's sad when you think a team has potential and put a lot of effort into raising it but aren't able to make it work out. Glad +eggs are so much easier to get now than they used to be.

smbu2000

I also will be getting the PaD Mario Bros Edition - we in europe are getting it next week, already liked the demo, should be fun. We also get two games in one package.

Do you mind posting a pic of your current LKali team ? I dont remember that it included a Izanagi...or are these just variable subs ? From what i have read Sun Quans B/G Ult Evo might be a good fit - even though his cool down is higher.

I wish i could skill Sun Quan down, i have been playing the game for more than 200 days but havent gotten a chance to skill up Yomi or Sun Quan yet...hope their skill-up dungeons (if they exist) come back soon.

About Pys - tbh i havent used one of them yet, i only have like 4-5 anyway hehe. Just no getting to a point where i can take on challenge lvl 5 or 6. So im ultra conservative with them and will spend them once i get a team/unit that is worth the skill ups.
Here the games are separate. Then again PADZ did release like a year and a half ago. ;-p

My LKali is quite variable. The mainstays are Lkali, LMeta and Kotaro. Vegeta is usually on there as well. I've been using Vegito there lately as well since he has two time extensions, his 1 turn enemy delay skill is also useful and when I need it the ignore defense 100k attack.

If I need a spike or I want more Light damage then I put in Izanagi for Vegito. He doesn't really have any plus eggs, but he is max level and max skilled. If I need more skill bind resist awakenings then I sub in one of my Yomis for Vegeta.

SQ could be useful I try to focus on Light power (although using Vegito in there does go against that a bit.) I have water covered with LMeta, and I don't need wood for the LKali team. If I had more healers besides LKali and LMeta he might be more useful.

I also pulled once more on my iPad and picked up Yamato Takeru. Pretty happy with the results on my iPad including the Norn Urd and Perseus that I picked up earlier. Now I just need to set up a Fire team. I have decent characters now with uevo'd Cao Cao, Ronia, Awoken Horus, Krishna, 2x Chiyomes, and Laila.

saichi

How does your LMeta team look like ? She is missing Rows or TPA so im not really sure what people focus with on her. Can you somehow stall on a No RCV dungeon with her ?

+56 LTron/Ult. Valk/Ult Angelion/King Shynee/Ult Echidna with +297 LTron friend

LTrons autoheal 1000HP each turn, Angelion is a 5 turn heart converter, friend LTron is max skilled so her skill is ready in 6 turns and mine is ready in 9, Echidna is max skilled so delay is ready in 10 turns. I got a couple lucky breaks with skyfall when my skill is not ready.

Congrats on the clear!
For me 8 is easier than 7. You just have to be prepared for all of the binds that usually come. That's why I have a max skilled LMeta on both of my accounts.

which team did you use to clear Lv 8? U&Y?

I hate you guys!! :(

Ronia, why don't you like me?

Don't worry. Ronia hates me too. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

It's sad when you think a team has potential and put a lot of effort into raising it but aren't able to make it work out. Glad +eggs are so much easier to get now than they used to be.

Remind em of my DQXQ team :(

Top Bottom