• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

smbu2000

which team did you use to clear Lv 8? U&Y?
On my iPhone I've been using my LKali team. I've done it without continuing, but this last time I needed one more turn for the bind to heal up and had to use a stone.

On my iPad I've started using my Awoken Ra. First time I had to use a stone. Last time I cleared it without continuing.
It's great having a leader who resists binds. My only problem here is that I don't have a board changer like LKali to help me out.

Once I finish making my the Awoken Ra on my iPhone then I might try using him as a leader and LKali as a sub. I already have enough shynpys to max skill him once I make him.

tr4656

+56 LTron/Ult. Valk/Ult Angelion/King Shynee/Ult Echidna with +297 LTron friend

LTrons autoheal 1000HP each turn, Angelion is a 5 turn heart converter, friend LTron is max skilled so her skill is ready in 6 turns and mine is ready in 9, Echidna is max skilled so delay is ready in 10 turns. I got a couple lucky breaks with skyfall when my skill is not ready.

which team did you use to clear Lv 8? U&Y?

Don't worry. Ronia hates me too. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Remind em of my DQXQ team :(
For Lv8, LKali, UY, Kirin would all work fine.

zoku88

Did a couple of pulls:

Cinderalla (dupe)
Gabriel(dupe)
Thumbelina

I ... guess Thumbelina will be a heart maker for my eventually Awoken Parvati....?.

Ugh...

linsivvi

Yeah Kirin with Athena sub is key to level 8.

For reference, this is my level 9 team:
Beelzebub
Haku
Echidna
Vampire
Drawn Joker
Ronia

Yes, no boost. Instead use Echidna to get through the tough spots and recharge when stalling is possible.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Single Pull on Godfest Day 2:

- Red Odin

I dont think i have use for him (yet) but the dupe chance was high so im glad i got a unit i dont already own. 2 pulls, 2 non-dupes with Hades/Rodin.

At least i can use the red Tama i get from Seaway to skill him up.

@Challenge of a Life Time
Needed a green Jewel/Meimei but instead Haku showed up...nvm i take what i can get. Just cant bother to rerun these events considering it could take me like 10 runs to get the right Jewel and who knows how much stamina.

Guess i will have to try Hera-Beorc for my Green Jewel.

It might come back in the future for a whole week but it's not certain. The coin dungeon is your best bet, it will rotate back in eventually. If you run Legend difficulty you will have a 2/3 chance every run of getting the skillup monster Waron on floor 5. There is also a chance of getting him from regular pal pulls, or using the mini version for skillups if the 3K pal machine comes back.

Thanks i will just wait for the dungeon + save up PAL points once we get another 3K mini pal machine.

+56 LTron/Ult. Valk/Ult Angelion/King Shynee/Ult Echidna with +297 LTron friend

LTrons autoheal 1000HP each turn, Angelion is a 5 turn heart converter, friend LTron is max skilled so her skill is ready in 6 turns and mine is ready in 9, Echidna is max skilled so delay is ready in 10 turns. I got a couple lucky breaks with skyfall when my skill is not ready.

So are you just going for regular combos/TPAs...or for rows with LMeta? How much dmg is possible per round after you used King Shynee ? I see LMeta clearing a bunch of dungeons so dmg potential must be quite high for a Healer team.

My LKali is quite variable. The mainstays are Lkali, LMeta and Kotaro. Vegeta is usually on there as well. I've been using Vegito there lately as well since he has two time extensions, his 1 turn enemy delay skill is also useful and when I need it the ignore defense 100k attack.

If I need a spike or I want more Light damage then I put in Izanagi for Vegito. He doesn't really have any plus eggs, but he is max level and max skilled. If I need more skill bind resist awakenings then I sub in one of my Yomis for Vegeta.

SQ could be useful I try to focus on Light power (although using Vegito in there does go against that a bit.) I have water covered with LMeta, and I don't need wood for the LKali team. If I had more healers besides LKali and LMeta he might be more useful.

Ok forget what i said about SQ...seeing your subs..well..lets just say you will be fine without SQ.

"If I need a spike" ...but you dont really with that team right ? 36x and the TPA...thats nuts. I love U&Y but LKali Ult Evo put her on another level.

razterik

Wait, did presents reset again? If so, I can trade.

Day 2 JP Godfest rolls:

Verdandi (dupe)
Green Sonia
Ars Nova
Anima (dupe)
Toytops (gold egg troll, time to stop)

Should have stopped after first two, don't think I was going to top that luck. My green teams are super stacked now, but I'm sorely lacking the boosting card like Freyja, GZL, etc. Best I can do is Woodsie or Armadel.

razterik

No problem. Checked afterwards and didn't see anything. Haven't followed event news much lately so wasn't sure if I missed something. Sent a friend invite anyway. :)

Epic Drop

I've rolled complete crap the last few godfests. Nothing but star eggs, silvers, and a very occasional troll gold. Literally nothing good in my last 15-20 rolls.

So I came in to work several hours early to train someone, but it turns out that someone was on vacation today. I was frustrated that I had gotten up early for no reason, so I bought a few stones and rolled, hoping against hope to get the one card I really really want : Andromeda.

And there she was. On the very first roll O.O

NR8r2wz.jpg

Goodness this game knows when to give you what you want to keep that hamster wheel turning. Not like I'm complaining!

Now to finish setting up my awoken Lakshmi team, since I got the final piece to that puzzle...

Rekwest

Gift from the Holy Beasts is back!
I just got the Jewel of Darkness i needed to Ult Beelzebub yay!
I feed her the +3 Tamas i was saving now i'm in the club Beelzebub.

cw_sasuke

Pushed my luck and rolled once more - got Verche hehe. Thats what you get from being to greedy.

Got a Green Jewel from Hera Beorc, sucks that Meimei showed up on the on turn i screwed up and got myself bound...had to orb :-/ Well 2 down 1 to go. 1 Jewel + getting Cauchemar and have all i need for Parvati.

saichi

For Lv8, LKali, UY, Kirin would all work fine.

Don't have any of them :(

For reference, this is my level 9 team:
Beelzebub
Haku
Echidna
Vampire
Drawn Joker
Ronia

Yes, no boost. Instead use Echidna to get through the tough spots and recharge when stalling is possible.

This gives me hope since this is the team I have. Are they all max skilled? I have the worst luck skill up Drawn Joker.

So are you just going for regular combos/TPAs...or for rows with LMeta? How much dmg is possible per round after you used King Shynee ? I see LMeta clearing a bunch of dungeons so dmg potential must be quite high for a Healer team.

Mostly just combos since there is only 1 TPA and 1 row. With King Shynee, it does about 4.5 million damage in total. I tried to one shot the boss for Beef Bowl Dragon - Mythical a couple times and there is always about 10% or so HP left. So definitely not over 5 million.

Recent GF hasn't been kind to me... last time I got Extra-Hyrda (who?) and this time I got Undine in Day 1 (Dupe) and Mystic Flame Knight in Day 2. (WTF)

Can't finish GF without a Golden egg. Pulled again and got Blazing Hammer Brute, Prometheus. (WHO?)

I don't need any more PADZ mobs.

tr4656

Don't have any of them :(

This gives me hope since this is the team I have. Are they all max skilled? I have the worst luck skill up Drawn Joker.

Mostly just combos since there is only 1 TPA and 1 row. With King Shynee, it does about 4.5 million damage in total. I tried to one shot the boss for Beef Bowl Dragon - Mythical a couple times and there is always about 10% or so HP left. So definitely not over 5 million.

Recent GF hasn't been kind to me... last time I got Extra-Hyrda (who?) and this time I got Undine in Day 1 (Dupe) and Mystic Flame Knight in Day 2. (WTF)

Can't finish GF without a Golden egg. Pulled again and got Blazing Hammer Brute, Prometheus. (WHO?)

I don't need any more PADZ mobs.

Prometheus is actually really great on Ronia or any fire row team if you max skill him.

zoku88

Got the third fire jewel I needed from the evo machine. Time to disco as soon as I get the other hera ur I have evolved for the awakening.

Okamid3n

And I just got green Zhuge Liang.

I actually know next to nothing about him, except that he's great. Would he work well in a light-heavy Athena team? Because my Athena team really needs a way to burst higher damage at the boss stage.

So many cards to work on, now. Feels good.

Jagernaut

And I just got green Zhuge Liang.

I actually know next to nothing about him, except that he's great. Would he work well in a light-heavy Athena team? Because my Athena team really needs a way to burst higher damage at the boss stage.

So many cards to work on, now. Feels good.

Izanagi is better for an all God Athena team but GZL is still good, especially if the boss killing board is green/light.

Okamid3n

Izanagi is better for an all God Athena team but GZL is still good, especially if the boss killing board is green/light.

It's a shame, I have all the chinese gods except MeiMei.

Maybe mini meimei would be worth raising though, a 2/3 light 1/3 green board would be killer along with GZL.

jay23

I have 3 flampy that I think I'm going to use on Ronia. I don't have any other options besides Shiva and his active is going to change once we get that awoken form.

Jagernaut

Trifruits suck unless you need all 3 colors. Skilling up 1 Ronia took forever. I used woodpys to finish Verdandi, I only got a few greens and a ton of reds and blues.

scottnak

Got a Verdandi in PAD and Monster Strike... looks like it was meant to be :eek:

But now I'm wasting stamina to get the Purple Gem from the Gift dungeon... :(
So sad seeing 50 stam just melt away in seconds...

NineH

I need to stop rolling in the REM since it seems to only give me dupes and of shitty characters to boot.

2x Green Guan Yu ( I already had 3)
2x Durga ( I already had 2)
2x Green Zhuge Liang (At least this was new)
Leilan (dupe)
Shining Dragon Swordsman (New)
Fenrir Knight

One of these days I'll finally get a Ronia. This REM slot machine is so frustrating.

Trifruits suck unless you need all 3 colors. Skilling up 1 Ronia took forever. I used woodpys to finish Verdandi, I only got a few greens and a ton of reds and blues.
I would totally use my woodpys on Verdandi if I didn't have Bastet and Meimei to look forward to.

Okamid3n

GZL has insane power, I never knew it was this crazy. Went with a friend hypermax GZL to test how much damage he can do. On the boss floor, with his active and a perfect board, he hit for 3 million damage by himself.

...I fed my green noel yesterday before getting GZL. I need it back.

;_;

am_dragon

This, plus I don't have any other fire monsters to use them on.

LOL, pulled Urd yesterday and thought oh great I'll skill her right up. 6 blue, 7 green, 1 red. I did get a skill up and evo'd Sun Quan thought so that's something.

Actually come to think of it I've had a really productive (or unproductive depending on your viewpoint) Ulti evo'd Pandora, Andromeda, Sun Quan, Okuninushi, Sun Wukong, UY, and Arthur. Pulled Urd and Apollo, and I already have Apollo evo'd but level 1 with no awakenings.

cw_sasuke

GZL has insane power, I never knew it was this crazy. Went with a friend hypermax GZL to test how much damage he can do. On the boss floor, with his active and a perfect board, he hit for 3 million damage by himself.

...I fed my green noel yesterday before getting GZL. I need it back.

;_;
GZL is a beast I'm surprised how few people on GAF are using him. DMeta, Ronia etc. get all the hype but this dude hits hard. He was a game changer for me and suddenly I could kill everything as long as the green Orbs were avaliable. Will max skill him at some point.

He already feels quite powerful so I'm not sure what they would add on his Ult Evo. Bind resist would be cool and additional TPA maybe lol.

NineH

GZL is a beast I'm surprised how few people on GAF are using him. DMeta, Ronia etc. get all the hype but this dude hits hard. He was a game changer for me and suddenly I could kill everything as long as the green Orbs were avaliable. Will max skill him at some point.

He already feels quite powerful so I'm not sure what they would add on his Ult Evo. Bind resist would be cool and additional TPA maybe lol.

Since I just got a pair of GZL's this godfest, what goes in a good GZL team? I'm guessing Sasuke and Liu Bei but who else?

cw_sasuke

Since I just got a pair of GZL's this godfest, what goes in a good GZL team? I'm guessing Sasuke and Liu Bei but who else?
In addition to a 2nd GZL and Liu Bei i also use Marine Rider Robin and Verdandi in my team, means that my standard team has 100% skill lock resist. Sasuke is the one mayor sub I'm missing at this point, I would drop the 2nd GZL for him.

Cu Chu and GValk as 5turn heart changer are also good though you probably won't need them if you have Sasuke and Liu Beis already. Liu Beis active is amazing though sometimes on bosses I can't use it if it puts me above 80%. 99% of the time I have to kill the boss so Verdandi+CuChu is more reliable on the final stage for me.

That's pretty much it, for some desc you will need Kushinada or Subs with similar defense active skills. Just make sure you OHKO everything... Not much of a tank that GZL heh.

Spoit

3M on just 1 GZL? How?

also, how do you guys avoid heart skyfalls? I'm almost considering leveling up hercules just to get that 'drop to 1 HP' power

cw_sasuke

TAMADRA Retreat tomorrow. (@atlantaguy)

Now i wish i hadnt used my orbs on that Verche pull yesterday -.-
3M on just 1 GZL? How?

also, how do you guys avoid heart skyfalls? I'm almost considering leveling up hercules just to get that 'drop to 1 HP' power

Just store a couple of hearts at the corners to limit the heart skyfalls. WIth heartbreakers like you CuChu, Liu Bei, Marine Rider etc, you should be able to minimize accidental healing.

seady

Does anyone feel having skill up consecutively is very rare?

If I get a skill up, no matter how many I feed in my next attempt the result will almost 100% fail.

To counter this I will always feed some craps to other monsters first (even better if they have the same skills - as the failure curse will go to them instead), before feeding to my target monsters.

Okamid3n

3M on just 1 GZL? How?

I don't know, that's the number I saw!

I did do 4 green TPAs and 3 off-color combos + 2 skyfall combos.

This chart is super useful : http://i.imgur.com/6RvtFkF.jpg

I did the 18-12 (safe) set-up, it says the multiplier for 2 TPAs with that set-up is 28.125x.

So GZL's 2508 attack multiplied by 32 (from the leader skill + active) multiplied by that 28.125 = 2257200. Add two other combos and some plus orbs and you're getting close to the 2750000 I saw flashing by. Then you add the sub element and it's 3 million.

Tobe

It feels good not pulling. Just did one yolo and got the new orb maker Knight. By tje end of the day i should have a max level uvo belze max level dark chester, max kenshiro and leilan. Happy metals now i need tama retreat, maybe ill get awoken kagutsuchi.

Quantum

It feels good not pulling. Just did one yolo and got the new orb maker Knight. By tje end of the day i should have a max level uvo belze max level dark chester, max kenshiro and leilan. Happy metals now i need tama retreat, maybe ill get awoken kagutsuchi.

I get that I'm sometimes overly angry and that I'm prone to complaining and getting aggravated - its ironic in a way - I didn't pull this fest either.

I'm completely bored with this game recently.

after what I've spent and the months that we are held back, I take more interest in what the JPN servers are getting and seem to care less and less for what we get.

I like that my nephews are still playing - and I'm so happy that one just pulled an urd - so I can refresh for him - but the other side of paying a lot of money - is to continue paying money.

its odd, I get this is not a perfect skinner box, but I'd pay a ton more if I was better able to plus teams and try new things -

I understand that plus eggs are so much easier to get than before, but at 26 stones (at least) to plus up a mob - and with 8 teams its still a f* ton of cash to level up a team to see if I like it.

I think its like a long term relationship at this point - you have cheated on me (giving JPN so much more) - you have told me that I mean so much to you (giving JPN twice the free stones and free pii's) - and yet you are getting up in the middle of the night to pee in the hamper (I don't have a nifty thing for this part).

TLDR: gunho pees in hampers.

Top Bottom