• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Ducarmel

pulled on my jp account

a star egg
gold troll egg
Kirin, dupe.

Was hoping for Hathor, Kali, or Ronia.

Still got some orbs but I think my luck in FF colab may be affecting my pulls

Tobe

big ish post.

i get your point, the thing is its been almost a year since i iap, i spent a lot of cash until EVA collab came over, then i decided ill stop, i was super tempted a couple of times but it was all about the REM. that gambling effect watching that gold egg come was awesome.

but i feel way more accomplished just maxing my teams, and finishing dungeons i couldn't have before. i still cant beat fagan, i want to beat that shit quick. i do get frustrated too about jpn getting all the free shit and here we get scraps( i do understand that japan is making probably 100x what us servers get, doesn't mean we should get an inferior product tho)

its like you said pad its like a long ass relationship, i know the ins and outs so it feel old but ive come to love it that way. (talking about the game, how the company handles it it pisses me off) at this point i just try to get along with the game and stop bothering about gungho.

EDIT: super metal done goddamit belze takes a lot of exp, dindt help the fact that i didnt get many invades. got him to max level but couldnt finish chester, now wait on super ruby for kenshiro and leilan.

any comment on this team?

linsivvi

This gives me hope since this is the team I have. Are they all max skilled? I have the worst luck skill up Drawn Joker.

Yes all max skilled and Echidna, Beelzebub and Ronia are +297.

I only maxed Drawn Joker last month as well. Took me forever.

jiggle

GF can really bring out negative sentiments in this game lol
My shitty rolls made me not even want to post about the game XD

TAMADRA Retreat tomorrow. (@atlantaguy)

NOOOO
I have so much left to do still XD
Bowl Dragon, challenge dungeon, gift from holy beast, and now this
Serves me right leaving everything for the end

Spoit

I don't know, that's the number I saw!

I did do 4 green TPAs and 3 off-color combos + 2 skyfall combos.

This chart is super useful : http://i.imgur.com/6RvtFkF.jpg

I did the 18-12 (safe) set-up, it says the multiplier for 2 TPAs with that set-up is 28.125x.

So GZL's 2508 attack multiplied by 32 (from the leader skill + active) multiplied by that 28.125 = 2257200. Add two other combos and some plus orbs and you're getting close to the 2750000 I saw flashing by. Then you add the sub element and it's 3 million.

I'm not quite sure how to read that chart

razterik

Man, Awoken Venus is a dick. Preemptive time decrease by two seconds, and then a repeating skill that decreases it by three seconds. Unless you're packing multiple Awoken Egyptians or Hades, be ready for two or three combo turns at best. Jerk.

New JP Challenge dungeon is somewhat irritating. The stone per clear is very nice, but you get worse rewards overall with less piis. And you can't skip ahead to levels that you can finish when there's something you get stuck on.

mike23

I've been playing with Urd for a while now and I'm able to get through most Legend descends and a few mythical ones.

I'm thinking about expanding into a second team and I'd like some input. I have some potential teams in my padherder, but I'm not sure if I have any that actually have top tier potential.

https://www.padherder.com/user/idconvict/teams/

Man, Awoken Venus is a dick. Preemptive time decrease by two seconds, and then a repeating skill that decreases it by three seconds. Unless you're packing multiple Awoken Egyptians or Hades, be ready for two or three combo turns at best. Jerk..
Haha, I was wondering when time decrease preemptives were going to be more common now that we have so many time extend actives.

So what's a typical Ronia team look like for the non- IAP crowd? These are all of the Devil -type monsters in my box:

Holy Night Santa Claus, Hera
Banishing Claw Byakko, Haku
divine flying general, lu bu (mini)
Extant Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
Drawn Joker
Chaos Devil Dragon
Awoken Hera
Souther
Ken-Oh, Raoh
I Love DeviBear
Darkseid
Charming Temptress, Wicked Lady
King Baddie
Dark Liege, Vampire Duke
Moonbeam Fang Witch, Lilith
moonbeam fang witch, lilith (mini)
All of the ult evo Ogres

Man, the weapons series needs some work. I feel like I could use Shotel on some red teams, but the "change attribute" active is just not good. They probably wouldn't change the defining aspect of this series, but I feel like it was a failed experiment so they should just give them different skills.

Like if they were like Nepthys' skill, "enhance orbs + 1.5 ATK" they would be pretty solid.

Man, the weapons series needs some work. I feel like I could use Shotel on some red teams, but the "change attribute" active is just not good. They probably wouldn't change the defining aspect of this series, but I feel like it was a failed experiment so they should just give them different skills.

Like if they were like Nepthys' skill, "enhance orbs + 1.5 ATK" they would be pretty solid.

Quad prong and call it a day. Oh! Or maybe change the element of the cards next to it or the team for a turn.

Ducarmel

So what's a typical Ronia team look like for the non- IAP crowd? These are all of the Devil -type monsters in my box:

I don't think there is a general non-iap team, its more like build a farmable team around the descend your facing

pad forum guide has a farmable team list for specific dungeons
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...onia-appreciation-guide-v2.40406/#post-393740

What sucks trying to build a farmable team for the Sonia's in general is the lack of farmables with row enhancement.

Okamid3n

I'm not quite sure how to read that chart

Basically, if you have a two-color board, for example 18 green 12 light, you try to re-create one of the boards they're showing for maximum damage.

The 1x ---- / 2x ----- on top of each boards is the multiplier for the dominant color. The 1x is for monsters with one tpa, the 2x is for two tpa monsters.

jay23

I've been running legendary seaway a lot these last couple of days. I know it's a terrible way to spend stamina, but I just can't bring myself to run kotg over and over again. Once I get my team cost up I'll run the coin dungeons with Beelzebub.

seady

I think people misunderstood the strength of the weapon series.

The "change attribute" aspect of the skill is actually a hold-back to the powerful skill it has. 3 turns for a 1.5x attack is quite powerful as u can almost use it every other round. u basically lose one character's attack (weapon) to gain the attacks for all other 5 characters of your team in exchange.

So don't try to come up with some use for the change attribute skill. It is only there to take something away from the almost-constant 1.5x multiplier.

* Also, the weapon series has strong awoken skills and overall stats.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh we are getting Zeus Challenge and Green Bowl Dragon for next week according to PDX.

Though they havent listed the rewards for the Zeus Challenge yet. Also it made me realize that so far in only have beaten regular Zeus and none of his variations. Hmm..

Which rewards did they have in Japan ? Pys, Jewels or something else ?

jiggle

Had some stamina to burn on alt and decided to take on my first ever challenge lv6
Purely to get some experience, so I can 1 shot it on main tmw
Surprised to eek out a win with beelzelbub :D
Near max skilled drawn joker saved the day!
The irony being I don't think I can repeat it on main cuz joker there is only skill lv 2...

Oh we are getting Zeus Challenge and Green Bowl Dragon for next week according to PDX.

Though they havent listed the rewards for the Zeus Challenge yet. Also it made me realize that so far in only have beaten regular Zeus and none of his variations. Hmm..

Which rewards did they have in Japan ? Pys, Jewels or something else ?
According to reddit
Rewards are jewels and globe dragons like Hera

Holy Night Santa Claus, Hera
Banishing Claw Byakko, Haku
divine flying general, lu bu (mini)
Extant Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
Drawn Joker
Chaos Devil Dragon
Awoken Hera
Souther
Ken-Oh, Raoh
I Love DeviBear
Darkseid
Charming Temptress, Wicked Lady
King Baddie
Dark Liege, Vampire Duke
Moonbeam Fang Witch, Lilith
moonbeam fang witch, lilith (mini)
All of the ult evo Ogres

Three farmables to add to the arsenals: HeraUr, Hadar and Beelzelbub

Ronia, mini Lubu, Haku, Vampire Duke make a good setup
That gives you three full board changes (ronia, ronia, haku) and a round 1 orb changer(vampire)
Last spot(as well as vampire's spot) can be filled by these:
Chaos Dragon fills in the holes(water orbs) of Haku
Hera Ur or Hadar(or Beelzebub) for orb enhancing
Lilith(or baddie) if you need extra 1.5x burst on sub boss
Joker for pink orbs

Leading with Beelzebub is also great!

Ronia+ronia+haku+hadar gives you +50% dark row enhance!
Probably enough to farm King of the gods

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
According to reddit
Rewards are jewels and globe dragons like Hera

Oh nice thats awesome...thanks. I might get the final Green Jewel i need for Parvati sooner than expected :eek:

I hope beating Zeus-Dios = Green Jewel.....he seems somehow beatable, rest look like more trouble.

razterik

Zeus Challenge is just like Hera. Jewel drops from the respective color Zeus dungeons, and dark jewel with double Noels from God Rush.

zDPn5xRl.jpg

Almost perfect board for Challenge 10 final floor. Took 6 natural stamina attempts to finally get the skill bind resist on Hera-Is. Almost stalled through a couple times, but she liked to sneak in and steal my hearts on the last turn. After making it past, I made a mistake on Mephisto, which got my team bound and then heart trolled. One stone and then I ran the rest of the way. This was fairly simple overall, the extra awakenings on Pandora helped a lot. No huge damage preemptives is so nice.

For reference, this is my level 9 team:
Beelzebub
Haku
Echidna
Vampire
Drawn Joker
Ronia

Yes, no boost. Instead use Echidna to get through the tough spots and recharge when stalling is possible.
You convinced me to try a similar build. Delay really is invaluable for this level. Had to use Ronia active on Kirin to guarantee the kill but apparently didn't need it to finish off Fagan since he made a bunch of dark orbs for me.

linsivvi

You convinced me to try a similar build. Delay really is invaluable for this level. Had to use Ronia active on Kirin to guarantee the kill but apparently didn't need it to finish off Fagan since he made a bunch of dark orbs for me.

Congrats! Took me a couple tries to get the timing right but you have much better subs.

The thing about Fagan is he can't even kill you with that much hp.

Thinking of trying a similar setup later. Hope it goes well.

Anybody have a good team for level 8? Is a 25x team my best bet?

I think people misunderstood the strength of the weapon series.

The "change attribute" aspect of the skill is actually a hold-back to the powerful skill it has. 3 turns for a 1.5x attack is quite powerful as u can almost use it every other round. u basically lose one character's attack (weapon) to gain the attacks for all other 5 characters of your team in exchange.

So don't try to come up with some use for the change attribute skill. It is only there to take something away from the almost-constant 1.5x multiplier.

* Also, the weapon series has strong awoken skills and overall stats.
Huh, I must have misread the skill as 8 turns rather than level 8. I'm still not sure it changes my opinion. On a mono color team you'd be losing 1/6 of your attack (realistically more due to their high ATK stat and prongs), so the effective multiplier is more like 1.25x, which in my opinion is not worth the team slot.

Okamid3n

You'll need to be able to dish out 300k damage in one turn once Kirin goes below 20%, because even with Grodin, she'll hit for 10k and it will be hard to heal back to full. Leader + king flamie gives you a 9x so it's possible with all your actives up.

The friend Grodin is uevo with max awakenings, I imagine? So there's no threat until the 20% range, just make sure you have all your actives up by then.

The real problem, though, will be how much stamina you might need before Kirin decides to show up.

Jagernaut

I wanted the dark jewel from Gift of the Holy Beasts but gave up after getting Karin 4 times in a row so I settled for the blue jewel.

Quantum

I wanted the dark jewel from Gift of the Holy Beasts but gave up after getting Karin 4 times in a row so I settled for the blue jewel.

pretty similar story - I ended up settling for one I didn't want after desiring a dark jewel.

something broke with the desire sensor though - my next evo roll - dark jewel.

(only jewel I've gotten from the evo machine).

razterik

Can't beat JP Challenge 8, so no piis for me this round at all. Wasted 300 stamina trying and failing to S rank the damn tricolor red bowl dragon. I hate this game so much sometimes.

jay23

Is PCGF really coming in a few weeks? I keep seeing people on reddit saying that. If so I wonder what gala will be active, last time it was light.

Is PCGF really coming in a few weeks? I keep seeing people on reddit saying that. If so I wonder what gala will be active, last time it was light.
The timing seems about right and I bet Gungho wants to get it out of the way before the new godfest exclusives come over to NA.

Tamadra Retreat stats:

16 runs
44 babies (2.75 per run)
7 Tamas (0.44 per run)
13 trolls (0.81 per run)

And I went 19/44 on the baby feeds (43%).

Overall pretty good I think. I shouldn't have to binge on this dungeon again any time soon, though I didn't quite finish everybody I wanted to.

Okamid3n

My pii + orb situation is starting to take a lot of space.

Red : 5 orbs, 2 piis.
Blue : 4 orbs, 5 piis.
Green : 3 orbs, 4 piis.
Yellow : 6 orbs, 4 piis.
Dark : 4 orbs, 6 piis.

For a total of 43 spots in my box.

The jewels of light are especially useless for me, and looking at the JP updates to come, will remain useless.

I guess I'll waste some exp on beelz to evolve him once just to use jewels on him after. I don't have a use for him, but...I do have a use for the box space.

Can't beat JP Challenge 8, so no piis for me this round at all. Wasted 300 stamina trying and failing to S rank the damn tricolor red bowl dragon. I hate this game so much sometimes.
Yeah, I think I'm stuck there myself. Going from at least 3 piis to none. I really hope they don't bring this format back.

Tobe

Finally got my beelzebub awoken and max level. Current belze/ronia subs are haku ronia x2 and loki. Any better configuration?

Top Bottom