• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wooo hooo Got my Sopdet. I got my yellow orb from the gift dungeon and my two gold keepers just waiting for Awoken RA.
Nice.

Just saw that Cauchemar will be available today, I can get him and clear Zeus Dios I have everything needed for Parvati.

Though I just failed on my first try with Zeus, will try it again with Verdandi later.

smbu2000

Well I pulled once more before GF ended, thanks to stones from the new challenge dungeon. iPad: Thumbelina meh), iPhone: gold plus egg!!!! Evolved Fuu...;_;

Cleared level 7 on the new challenge dungeons. 8 is tough... Not allowing you to use the same character (like the sandalfon descended) I tried it with my Vegito team using a SSJ3 Goku friend.
Maybe I'll try with an LKali (awoken Ra friend) team...

Tried out the FF collab. dungeon as well with my Vegito team. Cleared it and S ranked it. I'm glad the S rank is so low (40k score) as I don't really want to play the dungeon again. (I haven't pulled on the FF REM at all.)

Ok forget what i said about SQ...seeing your subs..well..lets just say you will be fine without SQ.

"If I need a spike" ...but you dont really with that team right ? 36x and the TPA...thats nuts. I love U&Y but LKali Ult Evo put her on another level.
Actually, sometimes you do need a spike. Some bosses can be tough and things like reducing Light damage in half. Plus on dungeons with multiple strong bosses it lets you get away with an attack even if you don't have a lot of light orbs/can't make a TPA and still take out the boss without having to use Kotaro or vice versa.

smbu2000

guys need friends on JP, i lead with LKali.

ID 310.115.228 (still have gift to trade as well)

You can add me if you want, I have two JP accounts.

iPhone (smbu): 253,070,175
iPad (mastrchief): 283,078,346

On my iPhone, I leave my hyper LKali on team 1 and with the other I usually switch between Vegeta and Vegito.

On my iPad, I leave my hyper Ronia on team 1 and I switch between Cell, DMeta and Pandora.

I don't have any gifts left over though.

J0dy77

On my iPhone, I leave my hyper LKali on team 1 and with the other I usually switch between Vegeta and Vegito.

On my iPad, I leave my hyper Ronia on team 1 and I switch between Cell, DMeta and Pandora.

Sent you invites from my JP account. I should have a new bestfriend available after the reset that I'll throw your way.

Ducarmel

^J0dy I don't think we are friends on jp server

Everybody else can add me if you need more jp friends. Mostly run Lu Bu and Durga.

I will eventually drop Durga for Yuna when I evo her. Max skilling her has been a pain, been running ff colab only and only got 6 of her weapon for no skill up. Granted I am only running the 40 stam dungeon it still sucks.

Okamid3n

Divine Realm/God Rush is proving to be too hard for my minerva/Yamato team, urgh. I need those Noels, though.

I can get to floor 4 but then I don't have enough fire power to blast through beelz or Satan. I'd have to hope for fattie so I can use Rodin on him and those odds aren't good at all.

Would an underlevelled/unskilled ronia + awoken hades team have a chance at beating this? I'd use Haku, FA Luci, mini Lubu, Shiva (for fattie), average level 80.

EDIT : Got to floor 4 again, but I only managed to get Satan down to 25% of his health...

Anyway, I can clearly do this with that Ronia team, it's just going to be a pain.

Guys, can someone explain to me what is the best friend thing on JP ? How can i "use it"?
It's the yellow option in the friends menu. You use it the same way you use gifts. Benefits from a person you best friend:

• Access to their 2nd slot leader
  • Available for 24 hours from their last log in regardless of rank.
  • 100 pal points for using them instead of the normal 10
  • Stays available on your list even after using them. Really useful for farming.

Four runs at Tamadra Spotted last night got me 1 tama, 8 baby tama, and 3 trash tama. With that I was able to max awaken my new Ronia and mini lu bu, and add one to my DLVD.

J0dy77

^J0dy I don't think we are friends on jp server

Everybody else can add me if you need more jp friends. Mostly run Lu Bu and Durga.

I will eventually drop Durga for Yuna when I evo her. Max skilling her has been a pain, been running ff colab only and only got 6 of her weapon for no skill up. Granted I am only running the 40 stam dungeon it still sucks.

I don't have anyone from GAF on my JP friend list, hadn't played for a long time. Getting back into it a bit and I'll start adding people back. Invite sent.

If anyone else on JP wants to add me. 291,674,150

Whitelines

Neo Member

I added you thanks, my alias is wl_jp@gaf

jay23

Man these Zeus challenges are about to be so tough, I've only cleared the first one. Guess I can waste some stamina since it's a nonevent week.

cw_sasuke

Cleared Zeus Dios for the first time, final green jewel get. Cleared Cauchemar Legend for the first time as well, but didn't get the boss drop. Will have to try Mythical later on.

Man these Zeus challenges are about to be so tough, I've only cleared the first one. Guess I can waste some stamina since it's a nonevent week.
I'll give every Zeus variant a shot this week.

Actually, sometimes you do need a spike. Some bosses can be tough and things like reducing Light damage in half. Plus on dungeons with multiple strong bosses it lets you get away with an attack even if you don't have a lot of light orbs/can't make a TPA and still take out the boss without having to use Kotaro or vice versa.

Makes sense. Actually checking Izanagi his cool down non skilled with is way shorter than SQ... So if you don't need the extra delay and focus on light dmg he seems like the better unit.

I 0-stoned Devil Rush with U&Y / Sun Quan / Bodin / Famiel / D/L Batman. Not too bad once I figured out a strategy. Just have to clear God Rush and Dragon Rush and I'll have cleared them all with U&Y. Will go for God Rush this week as part of Zeus challenge.

danthefan

So I've just found this and if looks interesting, can it not be played on android in Europe?

And is it possible to have a good time with the game without spending money?

cw_sasuke

So I've just found this and if looks interesting, can it not be played on android in Europe?

And is it possible to have a good time with the game without spending money?

The game isnt on the EU Android store but you can just install the US apk.

http://apk-dl.com/download/android/jp.gungho.padEN/puzzle-dragons-7.5.1-apk

And yeah you can have a good time without spending money - most people here dont pay for IAP here. Just make sure you start with a solid leader and you are good to go.

Speaking of starting with a good leader, I've been mulling attempting a no-REM run of the game recently, just to test if/to what degree the statement "PAD is pay2win" is true. Currently there is an actual farmable endgame team using BubuSoni, so that's the goal I'd be working towards.

danthefan

So on my second re-roll I got Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei.

I believe this is a decent one to go with? Should I keep rerolling?

J0dy77

She's an ok combo lead and a good sub for Athena teams but her viability will fizzle out pretty quickly on descended dungeons. It's also tough to find people who run her consistently. You will need good rolls along the way but if you want a great starter lead she's not it.

She's okay but her ultimate destiny is to become a sub rather than a leader. Try playing around with her for a while and by the time the next godfest happens (around the 15th) see what your saved up stones get you.

tr4656

She's an ok combo lead and a good sub for Athena teams but her viability will fizzle out pretty quickly on descended dungeons. It's also tough to find people who run her consistently. You will need good rolls along the way but if you want a great starter lead she's not it.

But Athena is farmable. You can probably do it with Genbu too.

jay23

I agree with Cosmoclock, log in everyday and collect stones. Roll during the next god fest and if you don't get anything good with those stones you can reroll.

jiggle

/sad
Skill up rotation right before Thursday
Only managed like 1/13 on Verdandi :(

First Zeus dios down!
Done with Zeus challenge
Couldnt get past Apollo on Mercury before
Too bad

J0dy77

But Athena is farmable. You can probably do it with Genbu too.

Athena isn't really a great end game lead either. She can take on a lot but she falls short as well. Maybe I'm underestimating her but I don't put her anywhere near Beelzebub in terms of farmable leads.

cw_sasuke

Thought i was done and had just wasted 50 stamina when i entered with GZL leader instead of Verdandi...i hate when it happens. I still made it because i had just enough HP to tank a Chimera double kick.
EWmof.gif

2015-05-05-12-43-156cuw4.png
2015-05-05-12-48-49hnorr.png

Fire and Water Zeus left to clear. For Fire i will go with U&Y...Water should be Verdandi but it seems like every 2nd enemy will bind Wood units, sucks.

Athena isn't really a great end game lead either. She can take on a lot but she falls short as well. Maybe I'm underestimating her but I don't put her anywhere near Beelzebub in terms of farmable leads.
The way I see it, if you need to survive/heal it's Beelzebub. If you need consistent, big damage and don't want to get hit, it's Athena.

In general, I agree that Beelzebub is better in the end game, especially in the more recently released descends/challenges. But there are definitely a few dungeons that Athena is better suited to (though I'm not sure this holds up for a no-rem build).

Okamid3n

FINALLY beat God Rush, uugh.

If I had a Gaia to get Awoken Hades, it wouldve been easier for sure. Too lazy to get new Hades friends so I ended up clearing the dungeon with...A Rodin/Minerva lead combo.

...I do not recommend a Rodin/Minerva pairing, but it's the best I could come up with.

Gaia didn't drop though :(

J0dy77

The way I see it, if you need to survive/heal it's Beelzebub. If you need consistent, big damage and don't want to get hit, it's Athena.

In general, I agree that Beelzebub is better in the end game, especially in the more recently released descends/challenges. But there are definitely a few dungeons that Athena is better suited to (though I'm not sure this holds up for a no-rem build).

The thing I've come to realize is that there are a few categories for end game teams. There's Heavy Rem teams, Heavy + teams or farmable teams. With Ronia and Beelzebub it is really easy to get a bunch of farmable leads that can clear a ton of content without any plus eggs. Athena needs a lot of + egg investment to be successful and overcome her RCV weakness.

Anyway you look at it the starter roll is just one roll, you're going to need to get other pieces along the way.

Anyway you look at it the starter roll is just one roll, you're going to need to get other pieces along the way.
This is the key for new players, I think. It makes little sense to worry about the hardest endgame content for a starting roll unless you are super paranoid of never getting anything good from the REM. By the time a player is tackling higher end challenge dungeons, he/she will likely have a couple of options to play around with anyway (assuming smart use of stones + average or better luck).

The important part is getting to the late game without being stonewalled by normal dungeons like the T5s, OoH, or even Starlight Sanctuary. There are so many options for this part of the game nowadays that it feels restricting to say newbies have to roll this tiny subset of leads for their starting roll to get anywhere in the game.

Whitelines

Neo Member
guys whats your box size? I was reading a guide that stated that at around level 66 one should have 250-300 box space...

lol i have like 255 and i'm level 175

I screwed up my athena kill on God rush.

Got her down to 15% three turns too quickly (three turns before first ronia was back from pushing her below 50%) and balked at using another ronia to burst her down, instead I tried to match what was on the board...

...and failed.

Awoken Hades, non-Ult Ronia (not max skilled), Devil Shiva (for Fatty), King Baddie (for anyone else in floor four), Ultimate Ronia (+209 egg, skill level 4) and paired with a hyper max ronia.

Got through Gaia like it was a joke, pretty sure I could have just tanked a bit more on Zues-Jupiter but I got cocky.

Only 8 more stamina to go before another shot. Should I try dual Awoken Hades, awoken Hades/Ult-Beelzebub or still with the Awoken Hades/Hypermax ronia pairing? I think only two Ronias will be enough, since I have to tank on the final floor anyway. My greatest fear is lack of RCV.

Speaking of which, I started my no-REM challenge account yesterday. The two main restrictions are 1) no rolling any REM that costs stones and 2) no using any PEM rare evo mats until you clear the appropriate dungeon legit. Basically, to emulate somebody who gets completely shit on by RNG. The account is on TW to take advantage of JP's quality of life improvements.

Loosely speaking I think my plan is the following:
1) Obtain Vampire, Titan, Lilith, Drawn Joker, Echidna
2) Obtain Valkyrie and Sphinx
3) Obtain Athena and Beelzebub

Those ought to be the main monsters to shoot for at each stage of the game, I think. I'm not sure what to do about a primary leader between finishing CoS and getting Valkyrie, though.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Speaking of which, I started my no-REM challenge account yesterday. The two main restrictions are 1) no rolling any REM that costs stones and 2) no using any PEM rare evo mats until you clear the appropriate dungeon legit. Basically, to emulate somebody who gets completely shit on by RNG. The account is on TW to take advantage of JP's quality of life improvements.

Loosely speaking I think my plan is the following:
1) Obtain Vampire, Titan, Lilith, Drawn Joker, Echidna
2) Obtain Valkyrie and Sphinx
3) Obtain Athena and Beelzebub

Those ought to be the main monsters to shoot for at each stage of the game, I think. I'm not sure what to do about a primary leader between finishing CoS and getting Valkyrie, though.

Nice one, keep us posted

Dispatch

So, I've lost the desire to play the game daily, and often forget to even log in. Is there a way I can delete the app and restore it later?

guys whats your box size? I was reading a guide that stated that at around level 66 one should have 250-300 box space...

lol i have like 255 and i'm level 175
I think the common rule of thumb is 1.5x to 2x your rank? 250+ boxspaces at rank 66 is overkill. There's no reason to hoard so much stuff at that rank and the extra 5 REM rolls probably nets you something good...

I have a 185 box size at rank 300+ but I don't hoard stuff except for a few evo mats for imminent evolutions. Once I get a faster SV farming team ready, I'll have to sink like 60 stones on boxspace :lol

cw_sasuke

Shit, messed up my Zeus Vulcan run :-/
For some reason the easier the board and the more skills i have ready the worse my match making skills get. Its not often the case but i had it happen a couple of times that i screw the easiest 25x because my mind somehow thinks i cant fail anymore -.-

One more try later...

PS. I hate 10 stage dungeons with combo leader.

linsivvi

I screwed up my athena kill on God rush.

Got her down to 15% three turns too quickly (three turns before first ronia was back from pushing her below 50%) and balked at using another ronia to burst her down, instead I tried to match what was on the board...

...and failed.

Awoken Hades, non-Ult Ronia (not max skilled), Devil Shiva (for Fatty), King Baddie (for anyone else in floor four), Ultimate Ronia (+209 egg, skill level 4) and paired with a hyper max ronia.

Got through Gaia like it was a joke, pretty sure I could have just tanked a bit more on Zues-Jupiter but I got cocky.

Only 8 more stamina to go before another shot. Should I try dual Awoken Hades, awoken Hades/Ult-Beelzebub or still with the Awoken Hades/Hypermax ronia pairing? I think only two Ronias will be enough, since I have to tank on the final floor anyway. My greatest fear is lack of RCV.

I think both options are fine. There's little room for mistakes so it usually takes me a couple try to clear it. If you are really worried about healing, sub a Ronia for Drawn Joker.

tr4656

It won't clear everything but it clears a lot of the end game content. By that time, you probably have other leads as well.

I think the common rule of thumb is 1.5x to 2x your rank? 250+ boxspaces at rank 66 is overkill. There's no reason to hoard so much stuff at that rank and the extra 5 REM rolls probably nets you something good...

I have a 185 box size at rank 300+ but I don't hoard stuff except for a few evo mats for imminent evolutions. Once I get a faster SV farming team ready, I'll have to sink like 60 stones on boxspace :lol

I don't see how you survive on that small of a box. I'm Rank 430+ and have 750 box and still don't feel like that's enough.

Shit, messed up my Zeus Vulcan run :-/
For some reason the easier the board and the more skills i have ready the worse my match making skills get. Its not often the case but i had it happen a couple of times that i screw the easiest 25x because my mind somehow thinks i cant fail anymore -.-

One more try later...

PS. I hate 10 stage dungeons with combo leader.
I really hate the icon for combo challenges, cause I look at the 5 and interpret it as "you must hit a min combo of 5 to break the shield" as opposed to "5 or less is absorbed". Just failed Zeus Mercury because I thought I was safe.

I don't see how you survive on that small of a box. I'm Rank 430+ and have 750 box and still don't feel like that's enough.
I have 6 rows of evo mats right now since the PAL gave me a bunch of jewels and Friday dungeon gave me a bunch of lits. That's a lot of evo mats for me and I'll clear a lot of them out once I get another Mystic Mask and 2 keepers to evolve Hera-Is and subsequently, Awoken Neptune.

There's also about 10-15 more box spaces I can open up if I wanted to get rid of stuff I hardly use like ogres, extra Vampires, low rarity stuff for S-ranks, toy dragons, mystic knights, etc. Everything else in my box are things I use regularly, +egg holders, or REM gods that I keep just in case.

I guess a better question is: what are you people filling up your boxes with? :p

I really hate the icon for combo challenges, cause I look at the 5 and interpret it as "you must hit a min combo of 5 to break the shield" as opposed to "5 or less is absorbed". Just failed Zeus Mercury because I thought I was safe.
Yeah, I always double check PDX instead of relying on that icon. And aren't there some dungeons that don't have the number icon for combo shields?

I think the 5+ combo challenge icon doesn't have the number in it. Just bad UI design in general.

Also I keep 3~4 of each regular evo mat, up to 15 of Mystic Mask/Dubmyths, and up to 5 of the mythical evo mats, which total to about 200 box spaces worth of material. No idea how anybody survives without the ability to evolve things at the drop of a hat.

I also hoard collab fodder, so currently around rank 267 I have 650-750 spaces of stuff.

I'm with Yoda box-space-wise. Rank 357, 310 box slots. If I were ever to spend money on this game, I think I would use it for boxes space and friend list expansions. But for the most part my stones go towards the REM.

Top Bottom