• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

It just feels like a waste of box space to keep something that a) will sit there for the most part and b) is easily obtained if I ever do need it. Especially since event days outnumber non-event days now. At most, I have to wait a week and a half to get the necessary evo mats for an evolution. But I also don't bother to evolve things that I have little to no use for at the moment. I have max leveled Ares, Belial, Gigas, Amon, Orochi right now but I don't have an urgency to use them. Also some max level Catwomen, Radii, and fruit dragons that I intend to evolve and feed for awakenings at some point.

Having a PadHerder makes planning out my evolutions a lot more manageable. If an evo mat is for something low priority and I'm not close to collecting a set of 5 for evolution, I sell off the evo mat and deal with it later. I will occasionally hoard evo mats for upcoming ults - knowing exactly what evo materials to save and approximately when the ults arrive in NA is a nice silver lining for the delayed content.

Cleared all of Zeus Challenge with U&Y. God Rush was obviously the hardest - I used Sun Quan / Famiel / Kushi / D/L Batman. For all the other descends I used the same team but replaced Kushi with Bodin. It's funny how Dios used to be one of the hardest descends, especially for a blue heavy team, but now it's a breeze. You don't even have to mess with Beserk and Highlander on the 1st floor, which used to be the trickiest part imo. Just immediately 1-shot.

saichi

FINALLY beat God Rush, uugh.

If I had a Gaia to get Awoken Hades, it wouldve been easier for sure. Too lazy to get new Hades friends so I ended up clearing the dungeon with...A Rodin/Minerva lead combo.

...I do not recommend a Rodin/Minerva pairing, but it's the best I could come up with.

what's on your team?

I think both options are fine. There's little room for mistakes so it usually takes me a couple try to clear it. If you are really worried about healing, sub a Ronia for Drawn Joker.

I was able to complete it after two more runs (I had an extra stone, so I did a stamina refresh).

The most nerve-racking portion of the whole run was the first Zues and that final Ronia move.

Zues-jupiter was rough because I couldn't kill him too quickly. But once I got him down Ronia got rid of him.

the Final floor is easy until I got to about 70% and started my "attempt". I only had one god (Ultimate Devil Shiva) so I had two good turns, assuming I did not HEAL Zues...

Awoken Hades to start which did NOT move him into the light portion of his health (and thus not get me 2x dark attack)

So I used Ronia and King baddie. board was imperfect (i.e. did not match into five easy rows). I had to "make it work". I knew I wanted a four dark orb match in there. Got a nine combo and took him down!

EDIT: I did not realize that he dropped a Green Noel and a Light Noel (thought it was dark and light). Hello 3mil EXP for Verdandi!

razterik

I really hate the icon for combo challenges, cause I look at the 5 and interpret it as "you must hit a min combo of 5 to break the shield" as opposed to "5 or less is absorbed". Just failed Zeus Mercury because I thought I was safe.

Have the same issue. There's like a dozen different shield icons now and I have no idea what most of them are without looking up the boss skills. They either need a glossary in the help menu or the ability to tap icons for an info popup. I pity any casual player encountering these, but GungoHo clearly doesn't expect you to be able to handle most bosses anymore without researching a thesis.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Zeus Vulcan cleared for the first time - the less i think about it the better. On a run earlier i died on Artemis because i got orb trolled with no light or heal orbs lol...this time i just went for the OHKO asap.

2015-05-05-23-18-103nuww.png

The good thing about 10 stage dungeons - i get to use Sun Quan and Yomi - destroyed Zeus. 3 down 1 to go ......Zeus Mercury left.
I really hate the icon for combo challenges, cause I look at the 5 and interpret it as "you must hit a min combo of 5 to break the shield" as opposed to "5 or less is absorbed". Just failed Zeus Mercury because I thought I was safe.

I died on Zhao Yun earlier the same way....healed him up from 30-40% back to near full health lol. They really could make it clearer - without all the online help, apps, guides etc. you really would be lost on PaD and many of its mechanics.
Cleared all of Zeus Challenge with U&Y. God Rush was obviously the hardest - I used Sun Quan / Famiel / Kushi / D/L Batman. For all the other descends I used the same team but replaced Kushi with Bodin. It's funny how Dios used to be one of the hardest descends, especially for a blue heavy team, but now it's a breeze. You don't even have to mess with Beserk and Highlander on the 1st floor, which used to be the trickiest part imo. Just immediately 1-shot.
Nice congrats :eek:
I assume all your subs are max skilled ? Except of maybe Famiel ?

jiggle

i'm at 300 with 60-70 usually being tied up by pengdras and their fodders/evo mats

i have slowly extricated almost all the collab cards that i kept collection's sake lol

Zeus Vulcan cleared for the first time - the less i think about it the better. On a run earlier i died on Artemis because i got orb trolled with no light or heal orbs lol...this time i just went for the OHKO asap.
You guys are making me feel like I'm neglecting U&Y. I beat Vulcan with Beelzonia and haven't even attempted any of the rushes.

I keep using my lack of Sun Quan as an excuse. How essential would you say he is in these dungeons? I have some great subs (DKali, Blodin, DL Batman, BValk is my template), but I'm never confident in my burst damage.

am_dragon

So, I've lost the desire to play the game daily, and often forget to even log in. Is there a way I can delete the app and restore it later?
Put it in a folder. I became frustrated with the game about a year and a half ago, I didn't play for 6 months. If I noticed they were giving away stones I'd log in.

One day I opened it up, redeemed all my messages, started playing again, and was really glad I kept the game installed.

jay23

That feel when you setup your stamina so you get 4 runs of super metal dragon without having to stone :D

Apollo will be max skilled soon

coy

700 box space as rank 309 and it is never enough. I clear it often, but my hoard mentality kicks in esp during farming runs which wastes so much time. I am gonna do my best to stick with this amount til at least rank 400 to try and make myself a better utilizer of space and time.

J0dy77

I'm at 785 box space rank 370. At the end of last year I started spending a ton of stones on space. If you want to skill up mobs that require evo'd feeders the box space is almost required. Trying to farm over and over when you need something becomes a huge waste and taxes your patience. I used to sell and feed away so many evo mats that I needed later because I didn't have the space.

Quantum

Divine realm is kicking my ass. I just can't put a viable team together and/or keep getting demolished with poor orbs.

rank 365, 990 spaces - about 100 reserved for evo mats

zoku88

rank 238 with 245 box space.

I hope to one day get a good defense monster so that I can actually take on a Legend Plus dungeon... DMeta, Kushi.

I only have those stupid golems...

razterik

Since everyone is sharing:

NA is rank 517, 1100 boxes with 364 exp/evo mats. Almost full, but I'm terrible at cleaning out my box except before 5x Mondays or Star Vault.

JP is rank 297, 500 boxes with 173 exp/evo mats. Sitting on a lot of unevo skill up mats (Baal, Light Tron), some even for things I haven't rolled (extra red fairies and blue fairies picked up while skilling Liu Bei).

Okamid3n

I think I'm rank 270 or so with 400 box space.

what's on your team?

I had Rodin, Yamato, Sonia, Urd, Mamiya, friend Minerva.

There was no real strategy except that I needed the extra HP so I couldn't lead with Yamato, and I needed Urd/Yamato for heart-making. Mamiya is there for RCV + an additional 10% resist to dark + 2/3 board when combined with Urd.

It shouldn't have worked, it's a bad team. But it worked (barely). I bet I'd have lost if I hadn't gotten fattie on floor 4.

cw_sasuke

Screw Neptune and his poison :-/
At least i got further with GZL than with Verdandi. But man these binds are screwing my team up...im missing one more orb changer or damage dealer. Having to bring on LMeta just for binds kinda messes with my lineup.

Maybe i should drop the wood units for my next attempt so i dont have to mess with being bound.

Ran out of Ame no Uzume friends, all 2, and decided to use Urd instead for Cutlet Myth. Worked well and I like all the extra RCV she gives to the team just by herself.

razterik

Screw Neptune and his poison :-/
At least i got further with GZL than with Verdandi. But man these binds are screwing my team up...im missing one more orb changer or damage dealer. Having to bring on LMeta just for binds kinda messes with my lineup.

Maybe i should drop the wood units for my next attempt so i dont have to mess with being bound.

My suggestion would be to pair Verdandi with Awoken Ceres. Her bind clear and light/dark damage reduction are quite good here. I can throw a max skill one up if you need it.

cw_sasuke

My suggestion would be to pair Verdandi with Awoken Ceres. Her bind clear and light/dark damage reduction are quite good here. I can throw a max skill one up if you need it.
Perfect thanks I will give it another shot with Ceres.

Nice congrats :eek:
I assume all your subs are max skilled ? Except of maybe Famiel ?

Yeah all my subs are max skilled except Bodin who is at level 5. I used pii's on Famiel and D/L Batman. Batman especially becomes an incredible sub at max skill.

You guys are making me feel like I'm neglecting U&Y. I beat Vulcan with Beelzonia and haven't even attempted any of the rushes.

I keep using my lack of Sun Quan as an excuse. How essential would you say he is in these dungeons? I have some great subs (DKali, Blodin, DL Batman, BValk is my template), but I'm never confident in my burst damage.

Yeah you have some great subs but as you said burst will likely be a problem...do you have Orochi? Double delay really helps for harder content. Also having Izanagi, Sandalphon or Muse would be a big help.

Corner case for the no-REM run: what to do about special PEM machines like the mini 3k hatcher? Feels like cheating if I allow myself to use the monsters from those even if it takes no stones to roll. I've been allowing myself to use time-limited promo monsters like the fat chocobo under the justification that the method to acquire him is entirely deterministic, but which mini 3k gods you get are random.

J0dy77

I decided to create a Dark Fagan yesterday since my spirit jewels are starting to pile up, don't really have anything else to use them on. I never see anyone running him, what are the ideal teams to farm with him? I was trying to come up with a nice row enhance or TPA dark team but the dragon options are limited.

He might be worth using as a sub on some teams, his stats and total awakenings are pretty amazing. He's #10 overall in total stats.

Corner case for the no-REM run: what to do about special PEM machines like the mini 3k hatcher? Feels like cheating if I allow myself to use the monsters from those even if it takes no stones to roll. I've been allowing myself to use time-limited promo monsters like the fat chocobo under the justification that the method to acquire him is entirely deterministic, but which mini 3k gods you get are random.

I think the justification should be not to hoard Pal points for things like the mini 3k. If you happen to have enough for one pull, then do that and feel justified. I think here it is intent, vs end result. All of the mini 3ks are not as good as their big relatives (vs the mini Valks/Chinese where there are definite benefits to getting mini valk and mini Kirin).

Ducarmel

I thought the updated rules said special pem are allowed?

Yeah you have some great subs but as you said burst will likely be a problem...do you have Orochi? Double delay really helps for harder content. Also having Izanagi, Sandalphon or Muse would be a big help.
I do have Orochi, though I haven't really developed him yet. Still deciding on an uvo, and I have no skill ups. Will be working on him and Avalon Drake (to replace Meimei down the road) over the next month.

cw_sasuke

Man really happy that i will be getting Mario Bros. PaD on 3DS in a couple of days, this Zeus fight is quite frustrating. Failed again - i was on the right part but combo`d too hard against Hermes and got him under 30%. Just urgh.... Ceres is great though really wish i had her as a sub.

Balancing bind anti counter measures, orb changers and damage output here is not easy for me. But it also made me realize how much of the game in RNG and how strong combo leaders as long as you can activate. With max skill LMeta or Ceres as a sub it probably would be easier.

2015-05-06-16-33-555jphx.png

Also is there anyway to display how much HP the enemy still has left ? Like on this screen i wasnt sure if he was above or under 50% so i just went for the kill to be sure. Otherwise i could have stalled for 2 more turns.

Tobe

I really need to max skill my ronias that is the only thing thats keeping me from beating the really end game dungeons.

Jagernaut

I decided to create a Dark Fagan yesterday since my spirit jewels are starting to pile up, don't really have anything else to use them on. I never see anyone running him, what are the ideal teams to farm with him? I was trying to come up with a nice row enhance or TPA dark team but the dragon options are limited.

He might be worth using as a sub on some teams, his stats and total awakenings are pretty amazing. He's #10 overall in total stats.

Mix and match depending on dungeon

- Dragons with TPA and orb change
Hinokagutsuchi
Liu Bei
Dino Rider
Dragon Rider
CDK
Shadow Dragon Knight
Earth Dragon Knight
Shining Dragon Knight
Water Dragon Knight
Fire Dragon Knight

- Dragons with full board change
Any Sonia
Apocalypse
Avalon Drake

- Dragon spike
Dragon Shogun
Ancient Draggie Knight
Water/Dark Zaerog

- non Dragon sub for healing back above 80%
GOdin
BOdin
L Meta
LZL

cw_sasuke

Best we have is a visual guide, like the one in PAD Guide:

Oh thanks man !!
Now i feel stupid looks like i could have waited a bit more but i took the safe route. This image will help me for the future though.

Any chance you could send me a friend request? I'm thinking about trying this out.

ID: 381,227,385

razterik

Any chance you could send me a friend request? I'm thinking about trying this out.

ID: 381,227,385

Yup. Sent an invite to both you and Sasuke. Threw up my Ceres for a bit, although she probably won't stay up all day because she doesn't bring in a lot of PAL points. Just send me a message in game or drop a post here and I'll switch to whatever you need if I got it.

Yup. Sent an invite to both you and Sasuke. Threw up my Ceres for a bit, although she probably won't stay up all day because she doesn't bring in a lot of PAL points. Just send me a message in game or drop a post here and I'll switch to whatever you need if I got it.
Thanks. I botched a combo against Apollo on my first try and had bad orbs early on in my second. I may try again later.

J0dy77

I'm a big dummy. Wiped twice on Zeus Legend Plus for being dumb. Once on Zeus-D by leaving him at 2% health after messing up a combo. Second time for forgetting to pop gravities immediately when I got to Hades and wiped at 5%. Really need to get through this and complete my first Legend Plus dungeon.

Tobe

I'm super close to getting awoken hinokagu and i need a damn gaia for awoken hades. And also lots of tamas.

Gungho pls come up with a way to remove plusses from cards. Just looking at random cards with plusses bugs me and im not crazy enough to feed off rem.

Top Bottom