• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

- how long after Blodin got his uvo in JPN did he receive his enhance?

- waiting for this because it should make blonia team much more viable.

Okamid3n

Anyone has an Awoken Venus? I've beaten Zeus Mercury before but it was really hard and I don't want to go through that again. I'm pretty sure if I pair with Venus, though, I'll make short work of the dungeon.

Jagernaut

Anyone has an Awoken Venus? I've beaten Zeus Mercury before but it was really hard and I don't want to go through that again. I'm pretty sure if I pair with Venus, though, I'll make short work of the dungeon.

I have a max level Awoken Venus if you need it. No plus eggs or skillups.

razterik

Another event without return of 2.5x skill up and no new descended. Yay for 5x tech and a new challenge dungeon...

Zzzzzz

Can we get a collab or something, it's been f'in forever. Like anything new would be great, guys.

- how long after Blodin got his uvo in JPN did he receive his enhance?

It took about a month, I'm pretty sure it came with Ultimate Goemon on March 20th. If we're lucky (haha), it will get rolled in with the next set of ultimates.

Okamid3n

I sent you an invite, I'm Static@GAF .

Thanks, added.

And failed on floor 1.

There's literally nothing that can kill me after the first floor, too bad I forgot how hard doing 2 million damage can be with only one quick orb changer!

I still think it's the way to go, I just played badly.

razterik

Better than no event at all.

Which only happens 8 days out of every month.

We haven't seen a single descended released in JP this year! Medjedra was from last December. Our UI is outdated since January. They have kept us a bit more recent on ultimates, some skill changes, and challenge dungeons, but even that's likely going to slow down without some weird patch fixing or a speed up in other updates (LOL).

Sorry, I'm a little bitter about how they are killing the game for some players.

linsivvi

Whew, done with the Zeus gang.

...Oh god, more Challenge Dungeon next event? I'm never escaping this game.

There will always be challenge dungeons going forward.

I also wish we could get the new descends a little bit faster. It shouldn't take so long to translate the dungeons.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why are Collab dungeons like Poring Tower so rare ? I mean they feature a bunch of essential skill up fodders for essential orb changer its weird that they cant drop them more often than every 6 months. I was hoping that i could use Astaroth in the future....but her Collabo dungeon seems to be as rare and even then her skill ups need to be evolved again.

Just makes me realize how unfair the whole skill up process is - with so many units not even getting skill up fodders or their dungeons never being around.

jiggle

Wish I have an Urd
I noticed quite a few ppl on FL switching over to her from Lubu/Ronia main
Worked OK with Yamato on trifruit though

cw_sasuke

Tried Mephisto for the first time - more or less a perfect run, still didnt clear it since i couldnt OHKO him. Didnt really get to use Kushi - so i would have cleared it if had brought SQ instead even without his active :-/

2015-05-07-11-46-29s8p71.png
2015-05-07-11-51-36ivo69.png

LLShC.gif

Okamid3n

^ That was close, it's frustrating when they end up with a sliver of health...

What was your team for Zeus Mercury?

I ended up not using Venus, because I didn't want to wait and I wasted my chance with yours.

Blue Meta, I&I, mini sun quan, Gabriel, Hatsume and B/L Sun Quan. Between all the boosts, I did enough damage to get through most things, abusing the abundance of blue orbs from this dungeon.

Would have been much safer with Venus, though, first floor aside.

J0dy77

Seriously Gungho, no Sonia Gran this event? We haven't gotten any of the new descended dungeons from JP 2015. That puts us over 5 months behind in content. We are getting farther apart instead of closer together. At this point it is looking like 6 months before I'll be able to evo Horus. Just a flat out joke.

Why are Collab dungeons like Poring Tower so rare ? I mean they feature a bunch of essential skill up fodders for essential orb changer its weird that they cant drop them more often than every 6 months. I was hoping that i could use Astaroth in the future....but her Collabo dungeon seems to be as rare and even then her skill ups need to be evolved again.

Just makes me realize how unfair the whole skill up process is - with so many units not even getting skill up fodders or their dungeons never being around.
Yeah this is pissing me off. It's been 6 months since we saw the Angry Birds collabs. I really want to skill up Ame :(

cw_sasuke

Yeah this is pissing me off. It's been 6 months since we saw the Angry Birds collabs. I really want to skill up Ame :(

Makes me wonder...do they have to pay the license holder for every time they bring back Collabo dungeons or REM ? Because thats the only reason i can come up that would explain why we get them once or max twice a year.

jay23

Which only happens 8 days out of every month.

We haven't seen a single descended released in JP this year! Medjedra was from last December. Our UI is outdated since January. They have kept us a bit more recent on ultimates, some skill changes, and challenge dungeons, but even that's likely going to slow down without some weird patch fixing or a speed up in other updates (LOL).

Sorry, I'm a little bitter about how they are killing the game for some players.

I'm sure it's the same way a lot of us feel, we really need some answers on why we're so far behind on updates.

Is there any way to contact the people in Japan? maybe they don't know how shitty gung ho NA is.

tr4656

Because collabs are difficult to manage.
Makes me wonder...do they have to pay the license holder for every time they bring back Collabo dungeons or REM ? Because thats the only reason i can come up that would explain why we get them once or max twice a year.

Pretty sure they do or at leats get approval from the licence holder.

Is there any way to contact the people in Japan? maybe they don't know how shitty gung ho NA is.
I'm pretty sure GungHo JP are actually the ones responsible for our content schedule, and NA has little influence over what we get. The disparity between KR/NA/EU would be huge if the individual regions had full autonomy over their versions, yet instead they're all pretty much lockstep in terms of content calendar.

jiggle

Day 300 today!
Still iap free
Didn't think I'd last this long
1 year is approaching :0
Deleting the jpn account waS like the best decision ever

I guess PADZ is out in Europe now? Feel bad for anybody suckered into playing EU PAD. Also I think they still haven't gotten an Android version.

No shit?

Too bad we all can't be on the same server with the whole world for each version, that'd be nice to be able to use people from all over.

---------------------------------------------------------
First steps
-Use another Samurai ogre instead of echidna

-level up your ronia into her lv 80s at least, lv99 preferred obviously
---- most of your stamina should be used in Shrine of blazing wood farming red pengdras
---- most of your stamina should be used for farming dragon plants on Wednesday to evolve the pengdras
---- make some high lv ronia friends. You can add my alt if you want, it has one slot open. 346,049,324

Ronia, 3 ogres, king baddie, ronia friend
Is enough to get you through Dragon's footprint(unlocked after ocean of heaven) with some difficulty , which unlocks Hera
Second steps

- replace 1 ogre with duke vampire asap
----max skill him whenever possible

- farm 1 Lilith in dragons footprint
----replace another ogre with night princess Lilith

- get a lil black dragon
----Evo to chaos devil dragon and replace last ogre

- vampire and dragon give you two orb changers, llith + ronia gives you one burst, and baddie+2nd baddie gives you an even bigger burst

- a chaos devil dragon + ult evolved green odin friend will let you cheese through Hera dungeon

- can rotate in Hera/ogres/wicked lady/sleeping beauty/anima based on need

- don't bother with Cerberus. You will get a Hera Ur before it becomes even minimally useful

Thanks to all the great advice I got previously, I'm looking for some more guidance from everyone if possible. :)

1. Currently my Ronia team looks like Ronia, DW Vamp, CDD, Lilith (I can go DL or DD not sure which), King Baddie, Ronia. Everybody is between level 30-50s except for Ronia (lvl 94), nothing too high. I tried Hera-Ur and got whupped (2 ogres deal so much even on Legendary). So I went to the PADX team simulator just to see some stats: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...1.0.0.0.0..688.50.1.0.0.0.0..912.99.1.0.0.0.5

So even assuming everyone is maxed with no +eggs I still can't tank a 16K ogre hit? Does this mean this team isn't descend capable because I can't hit HP thresholds? I need to plus egg it up? Is this more of a farming team or descending ok?

2. Is Lmeta "outdated"? It seems many people don't like to use her because of her low HP and the fact that you need so many +eggs for her team be viable. Is this true? I think I have the pieces for a Lmeta team but not sure if I should invest? (something like Lmeta/DQXQ/Rei Sirius/Sandal/Echidna/Lmeta?)

3. This is my PADherder: http://bit.ly/1GVw4K6

Based on my PADherder and potential future secondary team, should I be hypermaxing Ronia for all purpose descend clearing capabilities or no? Should I switch my focus to a different leader?

If I continue with my Ronia team, what is a good secondary team I should focus on? I was thinking maybe a light team? My friend says I have many good leaders but no subs. What is an effective team I can make that's farmable and can take me to the endest of end games?

4. Am I leveling wrong? I do the Pengdra cycle and hoard a ton of box space and come Thursday farm Dragon Plants like mad. I fed Ronia over 70-90 Pengdras over 2 weeks and she's still not maxed. Is there a better way to do this? I can't even get my subs to max and it really puts pressure on my monster box space wise.

My current strategy has been grinding Legendary Dragons Footprint - Abyss over and over. This has gotten me more ranks and decent dark fodder I've been feeding to my dark subs. Could I be doing something better? Progress feels slow :(

5. Will forcing myself to play Horus, Ra or Anubis improve my skills? I think I can hit 4-5 combos okay now but sometimes there's not enough orbs to active Leader Skill which really turns me off from them. DQXQ feels the easiest for sure but she's REM dependant to do descends I think? I was told by a friend to "git gud" and go Anubis or go home. Not sure if I should.

6. How are you guys handling +eggs? I'm waiting until I get six +1 (HP/Atk/RCV) then fuse them together with the same attribute. This leaves me with a bunch of +6 HP/Atk/RCV lying around. Should I be doing it this way or just mixing them up (as long as I have +6 of any stat, I fuse them together)?

Thanks all! Feel free to add my Ronia, I welcome everyone as long as you're active! 349,396,206

linsivvi

If you are not afraid of getting bored, go all out on Ronia until you have a max leveled, max skilled team. It will clear 90%+ of the dungeons. The rest can be cleared with a combo team with Horus or DQXQ, by which time they should get their awoken ultimates. Urd is another good option.

You can tank a lot more than 16K. All you need to do is to find a hypermaxed Beelzebub friend and you will find yourself nearly invincible.

Once you have 100+ stamina you should use the daily dragon dungeons instead of the pengdras, it's more efficient. Don't be afraid to spend some stones to speed up your leveling a little bit.

I usually store 5x +5 monsters and feed them all at once, not sure if it's the most efficient way though.

Seriously you have all the leads required to finish 99% of the contents available so don't pull the REM unless you really want to. Save the stones for energy refresh when you get to a high enough rank.

jiggle

Thanks to all the great advice I got previously, I'm looking for some more guidance from everyone if possible. :)

1) you can tank ogres on legendary as long as you kill blue one before he hits 50% hp
You can also look into Ronia + Beelzebub leads
Less RCV but 2x the HP
What happened to ur Haku and miniLubu?

2) I'm not a fan of my Lmeta
Supposedly she's good
But not enough orb changers for my crappy skill lol
Both your DQXQ and valk make good subs though!

3)your friend wasn't kidding
Lots of goodies there
I like Urd
easy to use like Ronia but even stronger

The 16x, 25x, 100x leads can probably clear everything there is lol

I dont think you need to worry about secondary team yet
You never know what sub you will pull out of REM in the future
That can completely shift things around

4)space will always be an issue
Until you have a sizable bank
Which opens up coin dungeons where you can farm pengdras(even fully evolved ones), dragon plants/seeds anytime you want
This will also speed up the progress on your dark sub since u can get dark pengdras :0
So spam those money dungeons during weekends!

Edit: regarding the pengdra coin dungeon
It costs 1million coins for 1 hour
With careful stamina management you can get double the amount of drops for your money
Let's say you have 100 stamina
Each entry costs 20 stamina
You get around 2000xp each time
So if u do this when you are 9000xp to next rank
You can run the dungeon 5 times, rank up, then run it 5 more times!
Just make sure you have enough box space lol

5)I force myself to play L.kali but I still suck lol so I'm not very helpful here

6) I usually feed a fodder to +12 or more before feeding to main
It gets REALLY expensive feeding these

J0dy77

Beelzebub/Ronia for all of the normal Zeus dungeons. For some reason Vulcan was being a pain in the ass, took me a few tries after getting trolled on Ares. The rest were simple.

Duel Awoken Hades team Divine Realm. Took me 4 or 5 tries on this one, got Satan three times in a row on round 4, which is by far the hardest of the group. You have 3 turns to clear 6.6 million health. Came close a couple times but ended up wiping under 5%.

Jagernaut

I went 1/5 on Avalon Drake skillups and then 3/12 on Ronia #2 and max skilled her. Now to ultimate evolve Ronia #3 and skill her up. I'll leave Ronia #4 as a 6 star.

jiggle

This is so fucked up
0/5 Avalon drake
0/4 ronia(alt)
0/5 ronia
1/14 drawn dragon
0/9 golem
2/4 fa Luci
2/5 haku
0/2 zeta hydra
0/2 Hera beorc

Giving me a total success rate of 10%!
Ahajaja ; ;

At least haku #1 is now done
Not touching haku #2 since she'll probably get a new active soon?

Nohar

So, is it a good time to use the Rare Egg Machine, or should I keep my magic stones? Also, what about the Evo Carnival Pal Egg Machine?

Ducarmel

So, is it a good time to use the Rare Egg Machine, or should I keep my magic stones? Also, what about the Evo Carnival Pal Egg Machine?

No not yet godfest will probably start in a week

evo carnival and pal egg gives you a chance to get some rare materials to evolve your cards and other common cards.

Why do I have multiples of Ronia, GOdin, LZL, Ares, Apollo, and Loki and at the same time can't pull a single Ltron, Persephone, or GZL? I would trade a Ronia for one of those.

Multiple LZL! Going by the rarity of that card you are lucky.

I do have special rem gods but all of them 5 star rarity pull Ronia and Godin. I still dream of the day I can finally get a Dark Metatron.

Jagernaut

Multiple LZL! Going by the rarity of that card you are lucky.

I do have special rem gods but all of them 5 star rarity pull Ronia and Godin. I still dream of the day I can finally get a Dark Metatron.

I don't see much use for a 2nd LZL so i haven't even evolved him. I max skilled the first one. For godfest exclusives I have rolled in the last 800 plus days:

1 DTron
1 BOdin
4 Ronia
4 GOdin
2 LZL
1 Verdandi
1 Apocalypse - just last week

I really want Ltron, GZL, Urd, and both Kalis.

Finally finished skilling CDD. By far my worst skill up experience. 7/70 with 42 of those feeds during 2.5x skill ups.

Hold off on the REM. There will probably be a godfest next weekend. That will be the best time to roll.

smbu2000

Well I wasn't planning on pulling on the FF collab. REM, but I ended up doing it.

iPad:1 silver egg and Tidus

iPhone: pulled Yuna on my first try so I decided I was feeling lucky and bought 30 stones. (I had bought an iTunes card to use for dlc on a different game and had a lot left over.)
So I pulled 2 silvers and 1 Squall and 3 Tidus'... Hahaha. 5 golds and 2 silvers. That's pretty good for a collab. REM.

I max skilled my Squall and I'm about halfway there on my Yuna and 1 Tidus as I've been playing the collab. Dungeon these past few days trying to get weapon skill ups. I'm glad it's on continuous 2x drop rate.

Squall's active skill is pretty useful, hearts/jammers turn to fire orbs and everybody else skill charges 1 turn and that's every 7 turns. Reminds me a bit of Raoh's skill. (Hearts to fire orbs, jammers/poison to dark orbs at 7 turns.) He's an attacker type as well so he'll be a good sub.

I also did the coin survey dungeon for Liu Bei skill ups twice and max skilled Liu Bei #2 and #3. Now I just need to level them up.

Finally made my Awoken Ra and used shynpys to max skill him. He's a very strong leader. I've been using the one on my iPad paired with the LKali on my iPhone with pretty good results.

2. Is Lmeta "outdated"? It seems many people don't like to use her because of her low HP and the fact that you need so many +eggs for her team be viable. Is this true? I think I have the pieces for a Lmeta team but not sure if I should invest? (something like Lmeta/DQXQ/Rei Sirius/Sandal/Echidna/Lmeta?)
As a leader she's isn't used that often anymore. I used to have a lot of friends on my list who had her as a leader before. Now they've mostly switched over to Athena as a quick farming leader.

I used her a lot as a leader before too, which is why she was my first hyper character. She is still quite valuable as a sub though. She's has the double bind resist awakenings, can take off 3 turns of bind with a row of hearts and gives you a quick HP boost and takes off 2 turns of bind with her skill. She also has the highest RCV of any character in the game I believe. My hyper LMeta has 1160 RCV and her skill heals up about 7k hp every 6 turns. Very handy and she is a mainstay on many of my teams. (LKali, Athena, Ra, Horus...)

Skuld just went 2/20 on baby tamas. I know the math says that you're better off feeding babies rather than evolving them, but it almost never works out for me. The last time I did a mass feeding, Hera-ur went 1/16.

Finally made my Awoken Ra and used shynpys to max skill him. He's a very strong leader. I've been using the one on my iPad paired with the LKali on my iPhone with pretty good results.
Yeah, I've been trying this pairing after beating level 8 of the challenge dungeon and it's working really well. Probably going to stick with it since Fat Chocobo's 0 rcv is a problem for my team.

J0dy77

Why do I have multiples of Ronia, GOdin, LZL, Ares, Apollo, and Loki and at the same time can't pull a single Ltron, Persephone, or GZL? I would trade a Ronia for one of those.

I'm insanely jealous of those Godfest exclusives. To date I've only rolled two, GZL and D.Kali. Just really really unlucky with the exclusives. Hopefully it gets better with the next PC godfest.

My current wants are L. Kali, Grodin in that order. There are other nice to haves but those are the two big pieces I need for certain content.

Apparently the best strategy for Yamato Rush is OG PAD husband and wife team Odin+Ammy, since only 1F does multihit attacks. Otherwise you get to contend with bullshit 25k preemptives, 99 turn skill delays, and other fun like that.

Top Bottom