• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Tobe

Beelzebub/Ronia for all of the normal Zeus dungeons. For some reason Vulcan was being a pain in the ass, took me a few tries after getting trolled on Ares. The rest were simple.

Duel Awoken Hades team Divine Realm. Took me 4 or 5 tries on this one, got Satan three times in a row on round 4, which is by far the hardest of the group. You have 3 turns to clear 6.6 million health. Came close a couple times but ended up wiping under 5%.

green zeus with beelze/ronia?!!! jesus christ. what kind of setup do you have to kill sigfried? that asshole has a million hp. and having a mainly red team kinda sucks.

yami4ct

I've got my Urd Attacker/Two-Prong team mostly up and running today, and man it's way better than expected. Currently running Urd/Attacker Leilan/Nim/Attacker Freyr/Ult Tyranos/Urd and it dominated most of Endless Corridors without even trying. It's not even close to being done yet. Only Leilan and Urd have their awakenings, Tyranos is the only above level 50 and Nim hasn't even been evolved. Freyr is a less than ideal candidate so far, so he'll get replaced, but I am in love with this team. Going to slip in Awoken Shiva when he hits. He seems perfect. I really hope R.Odin gets a huge TPA upgrade like Bl.Odin, because if so he'll be a beast.

Zeus Mercury defeated! Only have god rush left.
UFV7I9F.jpg

seady

When can we expect to have Sonia-Gran? The Japanese version has it like 5 months already. The two versions feel like further and further apart.

Before was only 2 months apart, now we are 4-5 months apart.

Congrats man, this is a clever team.
I gotta give the credit to razterik for suggesting Verd/Ceres. I wish I had a Delgado to switch out for Woodsie, but this worked well enough.

Edit: I think they should give the slimes Norn compatible sub elements. I just hate using subs with only one element.

tr4656

Awoken Venus, I hate you. Words cannot even describe how much I loathe you.
How come

When can we expect to have Sonia-Gran? The Japanese version has it like 5 months already. The two versions feel like further and further apart.

Before was only 2 months apart, now we are 4-5 months apart.
It has to be soon since the challenge dungeons have been coming really fast recently and we are fast approaching the one where Sonia Gran shows up.

jiggle

We're so behind feature wise on top of contents :/
Still waiting for the best friend feature, over fusion notice, and using subtype in conditional dungeons:/

In preparation for Sonia gran
I finally beat legendary earth XD
Not having a max skilled golem was holding me back
But then I realized today Verdandi+bei can just go in and rekt shit

3 more mats to go for Sonia...
She's quite expensive isn't she...

J0dy77

green zeus with beelze/ronia?!!! jesus christ. what kind of setup do you have to kill sigfried? that asshole has a million hp. and having a mainly red team kinda sucks.

Green Zeus? Think you mean Vulcan (red), that's the one with Seigfried. Green is definitely the easiest of them all. Vulcan is the hardest because you need multiple burst abilities and can get orb trolled with the 99% health cut on ChuChu and Ares. Seigried is easy, he has 2million HP but only hits for 24k max. My team has 40k, is all dark except for Ronia and can heal back easily due to his two turn timer. The tough part of Vulcan is getting through Hera-Ur, Ares and Vulcan and having enough burst for all them in a row.

razterik

I gotta give the credit to razterik for suggesting Verd/Ceres. I wish I had a Delgado to switch out for Woodsie, but this worked well enough.

Edit: I think they should give the slimes Norn compatible sub elements. I just hate using subs with only one element.

Just a variation on the easy double Ceres team. Glad it worked out!

Don't know if they'll ever go back to the King slimes. They've introduced so many REM versions of those skills lately, I doubt they want to obsolete any of them.

THIS. Keep dying to her during JP Challenge 8. Can't burst much because 8+ mil HP Satan next floor and if she isn't oneshot, she goes bind happy on your team while pounding you. It sucks.

Green Zeus? Think you mean Vulcan (red), that's the one with Seigfried. Green is definitely the easiest of them all.

Think he means the Berserk on first floor of Zeus Dios. Can be a problem for Beelzebub/Ronia if you don't have a good first turn burst available.

Green Zeus? Think you mean Vulcan (red), that's the one with Seigfried. Green is definitely the easiest of them all. Vulcan is the hardest because you need multiple burst abilities and can get orb trolled with the 99% health cut on ChuChu and Ares. Seigried is easy, he has 2million HP but only hits for 24k max. My team has 40k, is all dark except for Ronia and can heal back easily due to his two turn timer. The tough part of Vulcan is getting through Hera-Ur, Ares and Vulcan and having enough burst for all them in a row.
If you bring Drawn Joker and Vamp, you can pretty much tank the whole dungeon, they also act as another burst if you need it.

Okamid3n

So...is pad z + mario edition worth it for people who already play the mobile game way too much?

I kind of answered myself there.

Giard

Would Blodin make a good sub for Nephthys? Or are his awakenings too blue-focused?
I could maybe use the blue vampire in the team as well...

tr4656

I rolled two times before FF ends.

3rd and 4th Rinoa. This shitty REM only gives me Rinoa for golds.
THIS. Keep dying to her during JP Challenge 8. Can't burst much because 8+ mil HP Satan next floor and if she isn't oneshot, she goes bind happy on your team while pounding you. It sucks.

I don't know what team you use for that but I personally just used an delay.

Would Blodin make a good sub for Nephthys? Or are his awakenings too blue-focused?
I could maybe use the blue vampire in the team as well...

Definitely not a big fan.

razterik

Made it past her twice with Echidna, but died to Satan instead. Color match leads kept getting trolled early on or bound while trying to outlast time reduction. Had to switch to Minerva/Rodin, but only three +297 wasn't enough damage.

Whatever, out of stamina now. Hope we never see this style of challenge dungeon again. It blows.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finally ....Umisachi&Yamasachi max skilled - my first Hypermax. Probably will keep that way for a long time...but happy to have one now.

Zeus Mercury defeated! Only have god rush left.

Oh nice....congrats !!
I should give it another try before the event is over..just got frustrated the last days with 3-4 failed attempts and also getting my ass kicked by Mephisto -.-

J0dy77

Think he means the Berserk on first floor of Zeus Dios. Can be a problem for Beelzebub/Ronia if you don't have a good first turn burst available.

Ah right. My team is pretty invested with orb changers on lower CD, I have Persephone on turn 9 (used to be max until the recent update) and Haku max on turn 9 also. Both skills are available for me on turn 2 with Beelzebub active round 1 if I need either.

I need the persephone skill ups to come around again now that they lowered her CD to 8. Would be a pretty significant change for me since she'll be active turn 1.

razterik

The Angelion dungeon with the evolved Wicked Lady drop? You must have missed it at the end of last month. I remaxed mine in five runs of the dungeon on 2x right after the update. Thrilled to have the turn timer matching Pandora, only wish she had better awakenings, would definitely +297 her if she did.

Tomorrow is 5x tech and Goemon? Cruel, they must have known I was going to farm some extras to skill his ultimate whenever it drops. Would advise anyone interested (everybody!) to do the same, since 5 red piis is no small task. He's super great.

Jagernaut

Ah right. My team is pretty invested with orb changers on lower CD, I have Persephone on turn 9 (used to be max until the recent update) and Haku max on turn 9 also. Both skills are available for me on turn 2 with Beelzebub active round 1 if I need either.

I need the persephone skill ups to come around again now that they lowered her CD to 8. Would be a pretty significant change for me since she'll be active turn 1.

Remember super kings skill up Greek 2 gods now. Super Metals is back tomorrow, you should get the last skillup then. Only took me 3 super rubys to get the last skill up for Ares.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Switch Haku to a max skilled Pandora, you have Persephone now on turn 1, as well as Pandora. More than enough to burst both.

Jagernaut

The drop rate on Shadow sprite seems worse than average even with 2x drops. 26 runs and only 6 gold pirates and 1 skillup for Fuma. Also got 5 fairys but I don't have Pandora.

I hate the fact that I need super emeralds for a maxed character. My Artemis had been mad skilled...

Super metals and super rings are welcome both of those are not max level yet. No Hermes or Apollo (Apollo would make such a good fit on Kirin)

Noaloha

Just realised that the green-green Sorcerer Wee Jas that I've had sitting untouched in my box would probably make a pretty damn good utility sub for my make-the-best-of-what-you-got Verdandi team.

smbu2000

Well I played the FF collab. dungeon so many times over these past few days. I managed to max skill my Yuna before it finished, yay! 1 turn of 50% reduced damage and reduce everybody else's cooldown by 1 turn (9 turns max skilled.) With the double skill bind awakenings, 1 time extend and 1 skill boost; I'm looking forward to using her on my LKali when needed...to guard against a skill bind or when I need to take a large pre-emptive attack. (I don't have Indra, so she will do nicely.)
Now I'm thinking of aiming for her for my next 297. Although, I'm still only halfway through with Trunks at the moment. (150ish atm) She is a pretty good sub and will probably get an uevo sometime in the future as well.

I almost max skilled Tidus #1, but I only got him to level 5. I need 1 more level. I just about max skilled all of the boss monsters as well, except for the Green one and Gilgamesh.

Tried Noah descended for the first time on my iPad and cleared both of them with my Ra/LKali team. I'm getting slightly better at doing all 5 colors now. Most of my leads have been 4 colors up until now. Even with my Vegito team I usually aim for 4 colors w/TPAs.

Finally ....Umisachi&Yamasachi max skilled - my first Hypermax. Probably will keep that way for a long time...but happy to have one now.
Congrats on your first hyper! Did you run Seaway for the skill ups?
Now you just need to work on maxing the rest of your team! ;-p
I hate the fact that I need super emeralds for a maxed character. My Artemis had been mad skilled...

Super metals and super rings are welcome both of those are not max level yet. No Hermes or Apollo (Apollo would make such a good fit on Kirin)
At least now you have the opportunity to do it. Before you had to wait forever for skill ups to appear. For example, if you wanted to skill up Ares, you would have to wait until the Groove Coaster collab. showed up. Now you just have to be willing to give him Super King Ruby Dragons.
At least you don't need the fat metal dragon like if you want to skill up Izanagi. I ended up feeding my Izanagi shynpys as I didn't want to farm fat metal dragons, especially when my Izanagi was already max levelled.

J0dy77

Switch Haku to a max skilled Pandora, you have Persephone now on turn 1, as well as Pandora. More than enough to burst both.

If only I had Pandora... /sigh

Remember super kings skill up Greek 2 gods now. Super Metals is back tomorrow, you should get the last skillup then. Only took me 3 super rubys to get the last skill up for Ares.

Good call, forgot about this. Not sure I want to waste the stamina or stones on Kings today. Having her ready on round 2 instead of round 1 has never really been a problem. I would do it more for her having her active recharge time shortened.

I'll probably throw a run or two at it and see if I get lucky.

smbu2000

Cleared Zeus Vulcan my first try at it. Nice! I've had no reason to play it before this, but with no event on and the Zeus challenge on I gave it a shot. Used Vegito's skill to delay him a turn and then had a good burst with Hino Kagu's skill. Finished him off with a strong Vegeta attack. All the damage I took was from Ares.

Now I need to clear Mercury. I still need him to make my Awoken Neptune. Probably going to try with an Awoken Ceres team, but I don't have any Awoken Ceres friends. I would try with my Verdandi team, but my Liu Beis (besides #1) are not really levelled up. #3 hasn't even been evolved yet. Maybe Ceres with a Verdandi friend...

I also cleared Noah Descended Mythical for the first time (first try) with my LKali team. I had the drop a long time ago on Legend which is why I hadn't tried Mythical. I subbed in SQ for Vegeta as I needed to have somebody with green on the team. I used his delay/boost on Noah and took her out in 2 turns.

On my iPad I destroyed Zeus Dios with my Pandora team. I had cleared it with Awoken Ra before, but Pandora went much more quickly and I basically one shot everybody including Hera and Dios. Think I'm going to have to plus egg my Pandora once I finish up with my Cell.

Whitelines

Neo Member
smbu i gotta thank you for that vegito, i put you as my best friend, and its amazing to pair with him eheh.

Is it possible to clear Challenge 6 with a Ronia+Belz? Or Dmeta team?

J0dy77

smbu i gotta thank you for that vegito, i put you as my best friend, and its amazing to pair with him eheh.

Is it possible to clear Challenge 6 with a Ronia+Belz? Or Dmeta team?

Challenge 6 and 7 can be done with Beelz/Ronia. I've cleared all of the Challenge dungeons through 7 up to floor 8 with Beelz/Ronia. Once floor 8 hits you start running into problems and need to specialize the team.

J0dy77

Thanks again for the reminder. Was right at the edge of leveling this morning, ran super kings twice, got the skillup on the second feed. Even had an extra Super to feed to my Dark Fagan.

As frustrating as the RNG in this game can be, sometimes it runs in your favor. Crushed the first 6 challenge dungeons this morning. Got 5 + eggs from two Talos Abyss tech runs. Max skilled persephone and had a bunch of Dark exp leftover. Start of a good day and plenty of stamina still to go.

seady

Cleared Zeus Vulcan my first try at it. Nice! I've had no reason to play it before this, but with no event on and the Zeus challenge on I gave it a shot. Used Vegito's skill to delay him a turn and then had a good burst with Hino Kagu's skill. Finished him off with a strong Vegeta attack. All the damage I took was from Ares.

Now I need to clear Mercury. I still need him to make my Awoken Neptune. Probably going to try with an Awoken Ceres team, but I don't have any Awoken Ceres friends. I would try with my Verdandi team, but my Liu Beis (besides #1) are not really levelled up. #3 hasn't even been evolved yet. Maybe Ceres with a Verdandi friend...

I also cleared Noah Descended Mythical for the first time (first try) with my LKali team. I had the drop a long time ago on Legend which is why I hadn't tried Mythical. I subbed in SQ for Vegeta as I needed to have somebody with green on the team. I used his delay/boost on Noah and took her out in 2 turns.

On my iPad I destroyed Zeus Dios with my Pandora team. I had cleared it with Awoken Ra before, but Pandora went much more quickly and I basically one shot everybody including Hera and Dios. Think I'm going to have to plus egg my Pandora once I finish up with my Cell.

Zeus Mercury can also be beaten with Goku team. I beat it first time several weeks back with Goku team.

Level 7 is doable woth belze/ronia but i think hardest part is medjed. Im failing that part
Haven't done it yet but on the last set of challenge dungeons, I just delayed him after the preemptive leader swap wore off. Was able to kill him before he unleashed more shenanigans.

linsivvi

Level 7 is doable woth belze/ronia but i think hardest part is medjed. Im failing that part

Just use all your skills to kill it after getting your leader back and knocked down its health a little bit. Helps to bring a Drawn Joker for emergency.

You can recharge everything at the boss by using the heal orbs it generates. Try to put dark orbs at squares where it replaces orbs with.

smbu2000

Well I tried Zeus Mercury for the first time and cleared it, too. My Awoken Ceres made things much easier. Her double bind protection, recover bind awakening and bind heal skill came in very handy. I one shot the boss as well with Verdandi->Liu Bei->GZL. I only made one TPA as well, so I was surprised to take him out with one shot. Don't really have any plus eggs on the team, the most is Ceres with like 36.

Now I have the materials I need to make Awoken Neptune, yay!

edit: Also cleared Kaguya Hime on both my iPad (Awoken Horus) and iPhone (Vegito.)

No problem, glad to help out. My Vegito isn't even finished yet. I still need two more levels to max skill him as well. I should have one left over after we get the flampy gift soon.

He works well with everybody and even better with Dragon types. Your Cell makes a good pairing for him. I use the Cell on my iPad with him as well using an all Dragon party. Very handy as Cell is good for both Devils and Dragons.

Noaloha

Anyone ever bother max-skilling a fat slime for quickest access to its 3x attack? Have any thoughts on whether it's worth it?

They're reducing the CD on Awoken Meimei to be in line with her unawoken version, finally worth making her now. Also never noticed the secondary effect got changed from orb enhance to ally CD-1, which makes it more attractive than before.

Anyone ever bother max-skilling a fat slime for quickest access to its 3x attack? Have any thoughts on whether it's worth it?
If you don't have a REM sub that does similar and are willing to grind through the pain, sure

At endgame though the slimes have way too low a stat total to be worth fielding, though

Jagernaut

Krishna is really good, I use a team of orb changers with skill boosts (Yamato, Ares, Ronia, + Homura). Wish I had red Valk or Chiyome to replace Homura. If you have 6 skill boosts you will have his skill up turn 1 and constantly with max skilled leaders.

For his ultimate I'm hoping he gets some skill boosts and 2 prongs. Nice art too.

Top Bottom