• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

Played really well on the first 7 challenge dungeons, was able to clear them all with Beelz/Ronia on the first try. Now the trouble with 8,9 and 10 comes. What teams can clear 8,9,10? Interested to see what people come up with.

Apparently A.Meimei is also getting a buff to the resistances part of her leader skill. Might step on A.Hades' toes a bit there if it gets buffed too high.

I picked him up in the last godfest but haven't tried him out yet. What kind of team do you run with him?
Kagu, Chiyome, Dino rider, Hera ur is what I've been using, but I haven't taken it into anything serious yet. Once Cao Cao gets his uvo I'll probably use him. I'm lacking a good fire board changer. If I had a Leilan or Ronia, this team would be excellent.

Tobe

Finally beat challenge 7 had enough burst to kil medjed then stalled on Osiris.

Biggest acomplish tho was beating noah mythical thought up of this team. Hypermax ronia friend
m1xorMp.jpg

Yeah level 7 took me a few tries. I used Beelz, Haku, Vamp, DL Batman, CDD, Ronia.

The first time, Medjedra switched Batman to leader, aka the only one who wouldn't let me chip away at his health for 3 turns. In hindsight, Lilith may have been a better choice to help with bursting him down.

J0dy77

Yeah level 7 took me a few tries. I used Beelz, Haku, Vamp, DL Batman, CDD, Ronia.

The first time, Medjedra switched Batman to leader, aka the only one who wouldn't let me chip away at his health for 3 turns. In hindsight, Lilith may have been a better choice to help with bursting him down.

I found myself in an "I'm screwed" situation on Medjedra. He kept covering my hearts to blockers and I was a turn away from wiping. Decided to ronia/lubu combo and take my chances on Osiris. Worked out great, healed back up after the first two rounds and slowly chipped him down. Healing is easy with the two hearts columns every other turn. Persephone/beelz combo when he was around 40% to finish it.

Negator

I just installed this game and got Sun Quan, is that decent for starting out? He seems pretty powerful.

Edit: OMG 2000 pal points and 500,000 coins for beating these challenges? DAMN

J0dy77

I just installed this game and got Sun Quan, is that decent for starting out? He seems pretty powerful.

He's a good card but not an ideal starting roll. Best bet would be to wait for the Godfest this weekend and reroll then.

Sun Quan is actually pretty good now especially with the split uvo, UPC runs a degenerate team using six hypermax ones. If you have the capability to save accounts I'd keep it and go back to it if godfest luck doesn't pan out.

Tobe

Are you planning on iaping?? If yes then dont worry aboit that roll and roll on godfest. Of not do as clock says try to keep it he is good not super good but good enough. I started out with i&i which is worse. (then again i iaped immediately tho i remember rubning vamp lead for a long time)

Negator

So I'm on android, I can use data migration to save my current account? That would be cool, as I could play this until Godfest happens. I'll look at the beginner guides and try to roll some gods if Sun Quan isn't going to take me very far.

Don't plan on spending money really, so I'll look into this. Thanks!

zoku88

Krishna is really good, I use a team of orb changers with skill boosts (Yamato, Ares, Ronia, + Homura). Wish I had red Valk or Chiyome to replace Homura. If you have 6 skill boosts you will have his skill up turn 1 and constantly with max skilled leaders.

For his ultimate I'm hoping he gets some skill boosts and 2 prongs. Nice art too.

Yea, rows are kind of hard to do with him given that you want 3+ fire combos, so two prongs would be good :)

I rarely use mine. My only low CD fire orb changer is Awoken Minvera atm. Homura is kind of close (my current CD is 7) Absolutely no recovery though...

Just beat level 8 with U&Y, Blodin, DL Batman, Okuni, DKali, U&Y. I was equally screwed over and saved by skyfalls, so it wasn't particularly luck based. This is my first lvl 8 "no stone", so I'm pretty happy about that.

linsivvi

Played really well on the first 7 challenge dungeons, was able to clear them all with Beelz/Ronia on the first try. Now the trouble with 8,9 and 10 comes. What teams can clear 8,9,10? Interested to see what people come up with.

Level 8: any 25x team with 2-prongs
Level 9: Beelz/Ronia with delay. I have seen a video with double delay too.
Level 10: Ra/Robin (not 0 stone)

razterik

Phoenix Rider could be amazing, depending on the damage reduction percentage. Might be the closest we ever get to the blue Monster Hunter shield card. Kraken Rider seems useless. Lakshmi doesn't need more hearts, and there's many other better options for all blue teams. Others, meh.

Fun Challenge 7 clear. Wasn't as easy as I wanted, but I enjoyed ignoring anything Medjedra and Osiris tried.

razterik

You mean you can't tell who everybody is by the tops of their heads? Time to play PAD more.

I'm bad at screenshots, if I wait longer then I usually miss getting anything useful. Besides, you can see the damage output this way.

It's Hades/Hanzo/Byakko/Dark Tron/Pandora/Hades.

razterik

Oh wow, it needs to be a matching game...

None of the numbers below thousands place really matter much, I lop them off anyway. Only hard thing to read is the leader who hangs over the left side.

I'll try to remember to post team composition more often.

Jagernaut

The damage numbers are on top of each other and are hard to make out, I've never found them very useful. Sometimes I have to open PadGuide, and filter by color and sub color to figure out who a monster is by the top of their head. Even worse for Jpn only monsters that I'm not familiar with.

Jagernaut

Godfest announced. I prefer Day 1, I really want a Pandora.

11257892_1065898413438750_9186510075386412704_o.jpg

11194508_1065898463438745_6702796111790889822_o.jpg

*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 5/15 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 5/16 (Sat), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The Godfest has been decided upon! Day One brings the return of Heroes and Japanese Series 2 Gods, while Day Two includes the Three Kingdom and Egyptian Series 1 Gods.

For best results, be sure to note which featured series appears on which day!

For Day 1 of this Godfest, Odin is available at standard 1x Rates. For Day 2, Guan Yu is available at standard 1x Rates. All other Godfest exclusive Gods are available at 3x Rates.

All evolved forms of featured Gods are also included in the Godfest.

DAY 1 : 5/15 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)

- Hero Gods -
1065 Yamato Takeru
1067 Andromeda
1069 Perseus
1071 Sun Wukong
1073 Pandora

- Japanese Series 2 -
799 Ame no Uzume
801 Umisachi&Yamasachi
803 Kushinadahime
805 Izanagi
807 Okuninushi

DAY 2 : 5/16 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)

- Three Kingdoms Series -
1231 Cao Cao
1233 Sun Quan
1235 Liu Bei
1237 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
1239 Lu Bu

- Egyptian Series 1 -
490 Horus
492 Isis
494 Bastet
496 Ra
498 Anubis

- Special -
362 Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
364 Odin, the War Deity (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1107 Phantom God Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld

Negator

According to this tier list thingy I found online, it looks like Day 2 is where I want to be.

Egpytian Series 1 seems to have the powerhouses for beginning players.

J0dy77

Level 8: any 25x team with 2-prongs
Level 9: Beelz/Ronia with delay. I have seen a video with double delay too.
Level 10: Ra/Robin (not 0 stone)

I really don't get how people are getting through Level 8 with 25x teams. How are people bursting down 3million hp on the angelit/devilit round 1 without getting trounced?

I'm saving stones to waste on the FF collab.

I already have lots of things I need to level anyway

I got my FF collab fix out of the way on JP. Wasted 4 rolls on junk. I did get Tidus (lead from my favorite FF game of all time) which is all I care about. The rest of the mobs are just ok, no Juggler to be found in that REM.

I wouldn't wait too long on it either, there is a change that it might never make it over here. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

linsivvi

I really don't get how people are getting through Level 8 with 25x teams. How are people bursting down 3million hp on the angelit/devilit round 1 without getting trounced?

By stacking 2-prongs and make at least 7 combos, which sometimes rely on skyfall but it happens more often than not since it's no RCV. You don't need to kill them in 1 turn, you just need to kill one of them first.

My team is Kirin/Athena/Verche/Echidna/Orochi/Kirin

Use Verche if you don't have enough light orbs on board. All my subs have 0 plus eggs except Echidna and friend Kirin, which are +297. In this case, 2 4 light orb with a total of 7 combo will give you 1.6 million light damage, plus all the other colors that's enough to take down devilit turn 1.

Edit: This guy talks a lot but this is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYMyePSiKg

J0dy77

By stacking 2-prongs and make at least 7 combos, which sometimes rely on skyfall but it happens more often than not since it's no RCV. You don't need to kill them in 1 turn, you just need to kill one of them first.

My team is Kirin/Athena/Verche/Echidna/Orochi/Kirin

Use Verche if you don't have enough light orbs on board. All my subs have 0 plus eggs except Echidna and friend Kirin, which are +297. In this case, 2 4 light orb with a total of 7 combo will give you 1.6 million light damage, plus all the other colors that's enough to take down devilit turn 1.

I was trying to do it with Durga team, my subs are stronger there but only had 5 dark orbs on the initial board.

Might give it another shot but this was only the first round. Not sure what other headaches I'd be dealing with the rest of the way.

Team I used was dual Durga, D. Kali, Awoken Ceres, Persephone, Sun Quan.

linsivvi

I was trying to do it with Durga team, my subs are stronger there but only had 5 dark orbs on the initial board.

Might give it another shot but this was only the first round. Not sure what other headaches I'd be dealing with the rest of the way.

Team I used was dual Durga, D. Kali, Awoken Ceres, Persephone, Sun Quan.

I don't have Durga so I can't comment on that. For Kirin teams,

Floor 2: 1 shot
Floor 3: Bring her down to 50% so she would heal and buy you 2 more turns for the bind
Floor 4: 2 strings of 4 light orbs with Athena breaks the defense
Floor 5: Use Echidna
Floor 6: Bring her down to 50% which will give you 4 more turns to recharge and kill
Floor 7: Use Echidna

I think the lack of double 2 prongs and a quick orb changer might be a problem for your team.

J0dy77

I don't have Durga so I can't comment on that. For Kirin teams,

Floor 2: 1 shot
Floor 3: Bring her down to 50% so she would heal and buy you 2 more turns for the bind
Floor 4: 2 strings of 4 light orbs with Athena breaks the defense
Floor 5: Use Echidna
Floor 6: Bring her down to 50% which will give you 4 more turns to recharge and kill
Floor 7: Use Echidna

I think the lack of double 2 prongs and a quick orb changer might be a problem for your team.

I might change it up and include CDK, Beelzebub and Awoken Hades. I would get a lot more TPA and a quick TPA. But that leaves out Echidna. Hmmm maybe drop persephone for the quicker burst.

jiggle

Hmm
I want pandora u&y andromeda Perseus day 1
But REALLY want Lubu day 2
And GZL Urd on either days
But then I should be saving stones for players' choice

What to do D:

linsivvi

I might change it up and include CDK, Beelzebub and Awoken Hades. I would get a lot more TPA and a quick TPA. But that leaves out Echidna. Hmmm maybe drop persephone for the quicker burst.

I've seen Kirin builds without Echidna. It might work for you too since you have 2 2x boosts with Durga.

Running a weekday mythical without caring which drop I get is extremely satisfying. I need to level up both Orochi and Avalon, so until one of them is done, wither drop is good.

razterik

I wonder if Orochi is going to get an Awoken form or a regular dungeon skill up soon. When JP mats cycle again, the blue mask is going to skill up Typhon instead. Green goes back to Avalon.

J0dy77

I've seen Kirin builds without Echidna. It might work for you too since you have 2 2x boosts with Durga.

Thanks for the help,in making progress. I went with dual Durga, beelz, hades, echidna and sun quan. Made it to round four. One shot round 2 and 3 but having a hard time dealing with bind. Might try Ceres over hades on the next attempt but would lose a ton of burst.

Holy shit Awoken Meimei is an amazing Verdandi sub.

I have: Verdandi, Artemis, Liu Bei, Meimei, Odin, Verdandi.

With only the leaders maxed that gets me 36k hp. Everyone but Odin has a prong. Team has 2.8k rcv but also a 2k auto heal. Liu Bei has triple prong and Meimei has double.

Thoughts? If I roll a second Liu Bei Artemis will be replaced.

jiggle

EDIT: new update on android. BFF coming soon? D:

Can't decide if the new awoken Venus is worth it or not
Tentative setup I'm looking at
L.kali - l.kali - sun quan - venus(or yomi) - Valkyrie - l.kali

Kinda expensive to Evo and I lose out on 1 orb changer
Nice awoken skills and orb enhance though

Holy shit Awoken Meimei is an amazing Verdandi sub.

I have: Verdandi, Artemis, Liu Bei, Meimei, Odin, Verdandi.

With only the leaders maxed that gets me 36k hp. Everyone but Odin has a prong. Team has 2.8k rcv but also a 2k auto heal. Liu Bei has triple prong and Meimei has double.

Thoughts? If I roll a second Liu Bei Artemis will be replaced.
Chu chu's turn1 orb change is quite useful

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Im back xD
After screwing up my Android update i was left account less for a couple of days. But got it restored quite fast from GungHo - very nice.

@Godfest
Man thats quite a solid GF - means PCGF cant be far off if they want us to spend orbs now. Would love a 2nd Liu Bei, DKali or Skuld.

Congrats on your first hyper! Did you run Seaway for the skill ups?
Now you just need to work on maxing the rest of your team! ;-p

At least now you have the opportunity to do it. Before you had to wait forever for skill ups to appear. For example, if you wanted to skill up Ares, you would have to wait until the Groove Coaster collab. showed up. Now you just have to be willing to give him Super King Ruby Dragons.

Thanks man :)

Yeah all Seaway - i also need one more skill up to max Kushi i dont use her as often lately but it would still be good to max skill her same for my 2nd U&Y and Rodin. This will have to wait for now though, since the stamina costs are high and wanna try other stuffs as well.

razterik

Conjecture based on upcoming devil-type Hanzo:

Heaven-Shaking Archdemon Lucifer is now a better lead than Ronia when paired with Beelzebub. Consider the following hypermax teams.

Ronia/Byakko/Cyclone Devil Dragon/Pandora/Loki/Beelzebub
48.4k HP
8.8k RCV
7 dark rows, 2 dark orb enhance
1 TPA on Byakko, 2 TPA on Beelzebub
9 skill boost

Lucifer/Byakko/Hanzo/Pandora/Loki/Beelzebub
43.9k HP
8.4k RCV
9 dark rows, 2 dark orb enhance
1 TPA on Byakko and Hanzo, 2 TPA on Beelzebub
9 skill boost

Cons of Lucifer lead team:
-slightly less HP and RCV
-one fewer of time extend and bind clear awakenings
-maybe weaker against green enemies
-only one board change
-Byakko/Hanzo burst produces useless blue orbs where Byakko/Cyclone can use both dark and red orbs
-many more hypermax Ronias than Lucifers and she has better usage outside this team than he does

Pros:
-overall higher ATK and more damage from rows/TPA
-better dark focused damage
-stronger against water enemies
-orb enhance available 1/3rd of the time for even greater damage
-300k nuke on light enemies
-Hanzo is 5 turn cooldown compared to CDD's 8 turns
-can use double Byakko/Hanzo for Pandora-like shenanigans
-double Byakko and one Hanzo allows for burst every five turns, but needs adjustment to be up turn one
-if you run dark teams, you hypermax Hanzo eventually whereas nobody wants to hypermax CDD

Note that JP has the PADBT CDD card with better HP and RCV than Hanzo and it also has a row enhance. Might tip it back toward Ronia there.

Obviously there's more to these teams than what I went over here, but I thought it was an interesting comparison at least.

Top Bottom