• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Just started playing again after about a year, pulled 6 star Founder of Nations Okuninushi. Worth keeping or reroll? I used to play with an Isis so I'm decent at combo's but probably not going to hit 6+ combos right away again unless they changed it so that hearts count as combo's as well.
Oku is apparently low-key top tier in Japan, his popularity hasn't quite transferred over to here yet though. His new uvo helps your survivability if you fail to match 6+.

J0dy77

Oku is apparently low-key top tier in Japan, his popularity hasn't quite transferred over to here yet though. His new uvo helps your survivability if you fail to match 6+.

The Reddit community is really pushing to make him popular. I was hoping to pull him this event.

I think the reason for his lack of popularity is that he is one of the tougher leads in the game to play. 6 combos is almost a given for better players but can be difficult for new/average players. Definitely a great lead to learn the game with.

hermit7

What are the most popular gods in Japan? As leaders.

Ronia, Kirin (not anymore probably), Athena, ???

Verd and the norns are all considered very powerful. As well as the new awoken gods Egypt especially.

Parv and lakshmi are considered top their as well.

Also was able to awaken ceres today. I have a gd max skilled but the awakenings are key. I think the usability in emergency situations at after cool down are going to make her a good sub. (a la lmeta on a light team).

linsivvi

Greek Gods are also top tier considering they are the most commonly used leaders to clear high level challenges, which at this point should be considered a permanent feature.

There's a slight difference between being considered the most powerful and being the most popular. Luidas' Inn has one estimate based on leaders submitted to their friend finder, but it lags a bit behind reality since they apparently don't clear out points for accounts that haven't updated in a while. For example Pandora has started falling out of favor - not because she's considered bad, just that the depth chart is larger.

linsivvi

Wait Greek gods like Apollo can clear high level challenges?

Greek God 1, Minerva, Neptune, etc.

They can but then the colors have to align so they are not for general usage like other top tier gods. Considering there are a set of challenge both on and off event, however, they can be used very often.

udllpn

Hi, guys. After watching a recent GiantBomb quick look, I've decided to install PAD to see what the fuss is about.

After reading some of the beginner's guides I've been rerolling until I've got a good character (Dark Angel Metatron). Well, I don't know if she's good, but at least she is rare.

I've send some friends invitations to those GAF members on the Google Docs list (as violet@GAF). To be honest, I still don't know what I've gotten myself into.

Hi, guys. After watching a recent GiantBomb quick look, I've decided to install PAD to see what the fuss is about.

After reading some of the beginner's guides I've been rerolling until I've got a good character (Dark Angel Metatron). Well, I don't know if she's good, but at least she is rare.

I've send some friends invitations to those GAF members on the Google Docs list (as violet@GAF). To be honest, I still don't know what I've gotten myself into.
She's great but has an unorthodox playstyle and has key subs which are rare egg machine exclusive, which makes her a starter that requires IAP investment or good luck. I think that's less true now that her Arbiter of Judgment form exists but it's an uphill struggle to reach that point. Save up your stones for tomorrow's Godfest and see if you can get some other supplemental leaders.

coy

Anybody with Awoken Ceres have a free spot? I'm looking to do Sandalphon in a few hours after I get off work.

I'll pull a couple for each day as I have zero Heroes or 3k gods. Like others, I am waiting for PCGF to arrive. My 100 stones could use some key subs.

Jonsoncao

Banned
What are the most popular gods in Japan? As leaders.

Ronia, Kirin (not anymore probably), Athena, ???

The current Jp tier updates:
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/jp-pad-tier-lists.68322/

You can have some sneak peek on the jp server leader popularity here:
http://pazudora-friend.com/
http://pad.skyozora.com/friendlist/statistics
Today's top 3 are ult Goemon, A. Shiva, and Cloud.

Current consensus is that top tier includes
LKali Ra Horus Rodin Pandora

According to Gungho stat from the 2nd anniversary or whatever event last year, the most commonly leaders people put on their frd list are Lu Bu, Ronia, Satan, Athena and Kirin IIRC.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Anybody with Awoken Ceres have a free spot? I'm looking to do Sandalphon in a few hours after I get off work.

I'll pull a couple for each day as I have zero Heroes or 3k gods. Like others, I am waiting for PCGF to arrive. My 100 stones could use some key subs.

Invite sent, I normally put on Ceres when I was doing some devil rush.
My daily leaders are hypered Ronia, Beelz and Lu Bu...

coy

Invite sent, I normally put on Ceres when I was doing some devil rush.
My daily leaders are hypered Ronia, Beelz and Lu Bu...
Right on! I'm off in 2 hours (5PM on the west coast) and will look then for a Ceres to team with. I switch leads a bit trying to match up with the daily dungeons and descends.

Thinking of Going For A Beezlebub main instead of Ronia. I have so many +297 Friends that I don't think my 180+ Ronia get much love. I Beezlebub probably would. What's an optimal team? I have two Ronias, two dd haku, Lu bu, Hadar, Lillith, Dill Sirius etc...

Would Two ronias be over kill for a beezle team? Better off replacing her with another dark devil?

Ducarmel

I'm pretty sure Beez teams are just Ronia teams. I guess you could try devil tpa team but rcv would be crap.

As for the extra Ronia never hurts to have as many you can get.

I'm pretty sure Beez teams are just Ronia teams. I guess you could try devil tpa team but rcv would be crap.

As for the extra Ronia never hurts to have as many you can get.

Figured just wasn't sure. Planning on Going Beezle, Ronia Ronia, Haku, Lu Bu, Ronia. I need to get some of these descends under my belt.

^that's what I'd run for harder dungeons but I'd flex in Dill over one Ronia for farming with 2PA (especially if he's skilled). Probably another orb changer over Lu Bu if you can clear the boss floor without his burst.

J0dy77

Pulled Fuu with my only pull today. Could be worse, since I didn't have one before.

I couldn't stop pulling today. Wasted another roll on strawberry dragon. My last three rolls were a waste. Still excited overall for U&Y.

Took him out for a test drive and with the d.kali / U&Y combo I had your U&Y hot for over two million. Here's the team I came up with, any suggestions?

eG9Kqea.png

I couldn't stop pulling today. Wasted another roll on strawberry dragon. My last three rolls were a waste. Still excited overall for U&Y.

Took him out for a test drive and with the d.kali / U&Y combo I had your U&Y hot for over two million. Here's the team I came up with, any suggestions?

eG9Kqea.png
That looks pretty good. Izanagi may be a bit redundant, but the light option can be tough to fill without the right REM subs. I've gotten lucky with Batman, Grodin and BValk, which all have their uses. LKali is also good.

BTW I'm super jealous of all your burst options. My poor U&Y team only has mini Sun Quan as a possibility.

yami4ct

Not pulling day 1 of the godfest. Got 5 pulls saved up from free stones and the big overall login bonus. Really don't need the majority of the Japanese 2.0 or Hero gods. Could use most of the G-Fest exclusives, 3 Kingdoms or Ra or Horus, so tomorrow's looking good. Also, with the Gala going on gives me the best chance I've ever had of actually getting a Fuma or maybe an Arthur.

J0dy77

That looks pretty good. Izanagi may be a bit redundant, but the light option can be tough to fill without the right REM subs. I've gotten lucky with Batman, Grodin and BValk, which all have their uses. LKali is also good.

BTW I'm super jealous of all your burst options. My poor U&Y team only has mini Sun Quan as a possibility.

L.kali is my most wanted card right now. Need her for Ra, horus and now u&y.

I'll probably run Valk over Izanagi for farming, I put him there for hypothetical if I need two big hitting turns.

Who is better? Light Kali UVO without Fuma Kotaro, or Awoken Ra with only one l.Kali sub and no d.kali?

The current Jp tier updates:
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/jp-pad-tier-lists.68322/

You can have some sneak peek on the jp server leader popularity here:
http://pazudora-friend.com/
http://pad.skyozora.com/friendlist/statistics
Today's top 3 are ult Goemon, A. Shiva, and Cloud.

Current consensus is that top tier includes
LKali Ra Horus Rodin Pandora

According to Gungho stat from the 2nd anniversary or whatever event last year, the most commonly leaders people put on their frd list are Lu Bu, Ronia, Satan, Athena and Kirin IIRC.

Shit so Verdandi isn't in the top tier? I don't quite have the ridiculous 3 Liu Bei team but Awoken Meimei and GZL are close.

coy

Thanks jon for your Ceres. I went with a Verdandi team from pdx (Verd/Mei/Grodin/Chu/GZL/Ceres) and it was a breeze. I was hoping for an invade as I need 5 green jewels at this point: 1 each for Valk and G.Valk and 3 for Awoken Meimei. Not sure where to spend stam. I may go for Xuanzang as well or continue with Challenge Dungeons. or chance Sandalphon for an invade.

1 roll: Titan

Edit: 1 more roll got gold! Divinegon oh wtf

J0dy77

Have rerolled a Lu Bu, Light Metatron, and Red Sonia so far.

Still holding out for Bastet :(

Please tell us you saved those other accounts? All three of those gods are probably better than bastet (at least until her awoken evo). Go with the ronia account and breeze through most of the game.

Ducarmel

yolo

Skuld

My first 6 star from the special gods. I have some subs that would work but missing Sun Quan and U&Y. I guess if I ever Awaken my Lakshmi she would be a great sub for her.

Saving the rest of my stones hopefully pcgf comes around and hope for Kali's and Metatron's

Negator

Please tell us you saved those other accounts? All three of those gods are probably better than bastet (at least until her awoken evo). Go with the ronia account and breeze through most of the game.

They're all saved so don't worry. After that post I saved a Ra and a Sun Quan so the list continues to grow.

This GF is full of sh*t.
My main acc: 5 crap silver rolls (3xchimera, vampire...)
Meanwhile, at alt acc: Izanagi, 2x Liu bei, Laskmi, Andromeda.

Gungtroll never disappoints me.

J0dy77

They're all saved so don't worry. After that post I saved a Ra and a Sun Quan so the list continues to grow.

Ra is definitely better than Bastet once the Egyptian Awokens come over. Ronia is still your best bet to progress with an easily farmable team. The egyptian gods are going to need help from the REM.

Negator

Ra is definitely better than Bastet once the Egyptian Awokens come over. Ronia is still your best bet to progress with an easily farmable team. The egyptian gods are going to need help from the REM.

Screw it. I'm going to go with Ronia. Sick of rerolling. Will just use all the magic stones I get while the godfest is still active.

Edit: OH LORD I can't even use her yet, she costs too much! jfksl;fjdsk

DOUBLE EDIT: lol. First egg roll on the Sonia account is a Ra.

Top Bottom