• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

EDIT: new update on android. BFF coming soon? D:

Can't decide if the new awoken Venus is worth it or not
Tentative setup I'm looking at
L.kali - l.kali - sun quan - venus(or yomi) - Valkyrie - l.kali

Kinda expensive to Evo and I lose out on 1 orb changer
Nice awoken skills and orb enhance though

Chu chu's turn1 orb change is quite useful

Chu chu in place of Artemis?

hermit7

With the change for Hanzo it is only going to replace Persephone on my dark devil team. Adds a row and skill boost as well as the dual prong. Plus the active is way better at 5 turns. I think that was the main weakness for devil teams was the lack of a good 5 turn orb changer. Vampire is there but his awakenings are awful still. Dvalk has great awakenings but is off type.

Conjecture based on upcoming devil-type Hanzo:

Heaven-Shaking Archdemon Lucifer is now a better lead than Ronia when paired with Beelzebub. Consider the following hypermax teams.

Ronia/Byakko/Cyclone Devil Dragon/Pandora/Loki/Beelzebub
48.4k HP
8.8k RCV
7 dark rows, 2 dark orb enhance
1 TPA on Byakko, 2 TPA on Beelzebub
9 skill boost

Lucifer/Byakko/Hanzo/Pandora/Loki/Beelzebub
43.9k HP
8.4k RCV
9 dark rows, 2 dark orb enhance
1 TPA on Byakko and Hanzo, 2 TPA on Beelzebub
9 skill boost

Cons of Lucifer lead team:
-slightly less HP and RCV
-one fewer of time extend and bind clear awakenings
-maybe weaker against green enemies
-only one board change
-Byakko/Hanzo burst produces useless blue orbs where Byakko/Cyclone can use both dark and red orbs
-many more hypermax Ronias than Lucifers and she has better usage outside this team than he does

Pros:
-overall higher ATK and more damage from rows/TPA
-better dark focused damage
-stronger against water enemies
-orb enhance available 1/3rd of the time for even greater damage
-300k nuke on light enemies
-Hanzo is 5 turn cooldown compared to CDD's 8 turns
-can use double Byakko/Hanzo for Pandora-like shenanigans
-double Byakko and one Hanzo allows for burst every five turns, but needs adjustment to be up turn one
-if you run dark teams, you hypermax Hanzo eventually whereas nobody wants to hypermax CDD

Note that JP has the PADBT CDD card with better HP and RCV than Hanzo and it also has a row enhance. Might tip it back toward Ronia there.

Obviously there's more to these teams than what I went over here, but I thought it was an interesting comparison at least.
I think you're putting way too much emphasis on Ronia's red primary color. Having leftover red orbs instead of leftover blue orbs after a 7 star isn't worth the downgrade in cooldown and awakenings by going with non-PADBT CDD over Hanzo when a single Ronia is your only source of red damage.

Also don't think having a second orb enhance is worth losing Ronia's tremendous board change. But if you do go with double orb enhance, you should probably swap out Loki for another orb changer. Having orb enhance ready doesn't help when you only have like 4 or 5 dark orbs on the board.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hope Cauchemar will be back soon...still need him for Parvati once we get her.

Parvati/Perseus/GZL/Astaroth/Verdandi/Parvati was my goal.

But looking again i think i will drop Astaroth for Liu Bei. I have one max skilled and the TPA damage difference is to high, especially if i can use GZL active. Doesnt help that skilling up Astaroth seems like an unrealistic goal for the NA version.

So this here..

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....0.7..1672.99.1.0.1.0.5..1956.99.1.99.99.99.8

I think the Perseus slot would be a variable one if Skill lock is needed. His active should be useful as well even though its not skilled.

Any of the JP players here using her ? Or any off color units that could be useful ? Would love to hear what subs are being used with her. Team looks fine but feels like something is missing... working on that team and expecting it to be better than my current GZL/Verdandi team when im finished lol.

PS. Man these new Riders have some cool active skills.

Quantum

WTB red dragon fruit.

available for trade:

Pulgjz6.png

Eg3VeDw.png

razterik

I think you're putting way too much emphasis on Ronia's red primary color. Having leftover red orbs instead of leftover blue orbs after a 7 star isn't worth the downgrade in cooldown and awakenings by going with non-PADBT CDD over Hanzo when a single Ronia is your only source of red damage.

Also don't think having a second orb enhance is worth losing Ronia's tremendous board change. But if you do go with double orb enhance, you should probably swap out Loki for another orb changer. Having orb enhance ready doesn't help when you only have like 4 or 5 dark orbs on the board.

I guess my point is that if you're going to run Byakko/Hanzo anyway, it's worth exploring other options that can tank/heal near as effectively and potentially do more damage. Ronia's active is notoriously unreliable for these teams. Rather not remove Loki without switching for another boost like Batman. Combining boost and enhance is what let's these teams do enough damage to oneshot harder content.

Hope Cauchemar will be back soon...still need him for Parvati once we get her.

Parvati/Perseus/GZL/Astaroth/Verdandi/Parvati was my goal.

But looking again i think i will drop Astaroth for Liu Bei. I have one max skilled and the TPA damage difference is to high, especially if i can use GZL active. Doesnt help that skilling up Astaroth seems like an unrealistic goal for the NA version.

I would remove GZL for Liu Bei, don't need the boost on a 25x prong team. Without Astaroth, you lose the ability to combo Verdandi's board. Remember Liu Bei breaks Parvati unless you have five blue orbs for her to make into hearts.

Max skill Astaroth is doable, it'll just take Shinrabansho returning and running it the whole time.

Phoenix Rider confirmed as 30% damage reduction for 4 out of 6 turns. Best red sub, amazing, etc.

cw_sasuke

I would remove GZL for Liu Bei, don't need the boost on a 25x prong team. Without Astaroth, you lose the ability to combo Verdandi's board. Remember Liu Bei breaks Parvati unless you have five blue orbs for her to make into hearts.

Max skill Astaroth is doable, it'll just take Shinrabansho returning and running it the whole time.

Phoenix Rider confirmed as 30% damage reduction for 4 out of 6 turns. Best red sub, amazing, etc.

Hmm...you are probably right and i will probably change things up again once i get Astaroth skilled up. I will likely keep GZL in the team because the +eggs invested in him and he is one of my favorite green units. Taking out enemies without the 25x activation or or fire types will be easier with him.

Well lets get Cauchemar first and see when Parvati is released. Hope she is worth the effort.

PS. Would be cool if someone could put up Awoken Ceres...wanna try Sandalphon today.

cw_sasuke

Got the hint, haha. She's up.

Thanks man - cleared it. Awoken Ceres is OP on that dungeon...you can stall forever on Sanda and even his 10 turn bind isnt an issue with her lol xD

PS. Yolo pull - Gamble Mage ...lol.

NineH

I'm pretty happy with my godfest pulls. For the first time in a while, I actually got gods that were featured.

Andromeda
Okuninushi
Pandora (dupe)
Ivory dragon

For once I don't feel like I wasted my rolls, ivory dragon aside of course

Another chiyome? Gungo trolling me hard. I just got her last Godfest. Any point in having two?

I do have a yamato?

I'm pretty happy with my godfest pulls. For the first time in a while, I actually got gods that were featured.

Andromeda
Okuninushi
Pandora (dupe)
Ivory dragon

For once I don't feel like I wasted my rolls, ivory dragon aside of course

You got the two i wanted. =/

Nohar

So, should I do some pulls? It's a japanese gods festival right?

Edit: Nevermind, I went ahead:
- Shaitan (OK-ish I guess).
- ForestBahn (Well, better, though not quite what I want).
- Ame no Uzume (Why hellooooooo there! Though it seems she is more of the support type. Great leader skill, not-quite-sure-of-the-utility regular skill).

jiggle

Alt: Urd
Main: shaitan

Really wanted Urd on main! But alt needed it more

Time to wait for PCGF!

Edit: ouch. I have not a single F/W sub....

Nohar

4th pull: Pandora get!

I guess I've been lucky. I juuuust need to increase my box space now... It is getting cramped. Too many penguins.

J0dy77

Two pulls :

U&Y
Izanagi (dupe)

Definitely not complaining. Would have liked another hero god and i am fighting to not pull again. Looking forward to trying U&Y.

Noaloha

Want: Perseus.

Undine. Blech.

Needed one more stone for a second pull, so Verdandi'd through some Challenge dungeons.

Andromeda. Okay!

Not sure where to fit Andromeda, and don't know much about her, but first glance I see she's a double skill block monster. Neat.

First guess at a viable team, maybe Andromeda, B/G Sun Quan, B/G U&Y, B/Y Toki, then something non-healer like Sieg, Amon, Isis, Blonia. The playstyle for her leader skill seems really odd to me.

Just not sure if the above's any better than my other blue-focus teams of U&Y for spike and Blonia for braindead.

Nohar

Want: Perseus.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... My mother plays the game too, though she is terribad at it (and has trouble moving orbs around, it seems her brain doesn't understand how the game works at all; she is making progress though).
She just got Perseus. Twice. In a row. I was flabbergasted.

Jagernaut

I got

1. Zweihander
2. Light Zhuge Liang - 3rd one and still no GZL which is more common
3. Sleeping Beauty
4. Wukong - my 2nd, wanted Pandora, Andromeda, or Perseus

I'm cursed with too many dupes.

J0dy77

I got

1. Zweihander
2. Light Zhuge Liang - 3rd one and still no GZL which is more common
3. Sleeping Beauty
4. Wukong - my 2nd, wanted Pandora, Andromeda, or Perseus

I'm cursed with too many dupes.

I got carried away, drank too much coffee this morning. Rolled three more times feeling lucky and this being a good Fest for me.

Final result: U&Y, Izanagi (dupe), Fuma, Ame No Uzume, Fuu.

I kept rolling until I got the crap silver from Fuu. Really wanted Pandora, Wu Kong or any exclusives. The positive side, Fuma is my first Ninja and now I have all of the JP2 series except Okuni (the one I probably want the most).

Still have 40 stones and 900 days coming up for PC Fest, hopefully it comes soon.

What's the standard U&Y team? Have to figure out the subs for them.

Ducarmel

yolo

vampire lord

I know yolo usually means you don't give an f, but I'm not gonna lie this burns a lot. I cant complain about free stones but this just confirms my resolve not to iap as long as farmable eggs are in the rem.

Jagernaut

I've got a decent Wukong team, I just need to skill him up.

Wukong
Valkyrie
Fuma
Apollo
Apocalypse or Awoken Venus or dupe Wukong for the last slot.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Heroes are all top-tiers, even dupes are worth it esp Pandora/Yamato, but somehow I don't see the point of rolling in this GF since we know PCGF and/or Gadius etc are nigh.

Heroes are all top-tiers, even dupes are worth it esp Pandora/Yamato, but somehow I don't see the point of rolling in this GF since we know PCGF and/or Gadius etc are nigh.

I've no self control and roll every godfest until I roll a silver egg. :(

Plus I had high chances of rolling something useful since this Godfest has a ton of viable subs for my current leaders.

It payed off this time. Green Zhuge makes an amazing Verdandi sub since I also have Liu Bei and Awoken Mei Mei. Izanagi actually lets me build the optimal Athena team. And Arcline makes a nice Light Zhuge sub.

Who needs Gadius when I can make: Verdandi/GZL/Liu Bei/Awoken Meimei/(filler)/Verdandi. If tomorrow I roll a second Liu Bei somehow I will just die.

Actually what is considered the optimal Athena team? Athena/Valk/Verche/Izanagi/???/Athena

Noaloha

My Athena team is Athena / Verche / Ganesha / Thor / Apocalypse. Would be a ton better with some skill-ups on those later monsters, but egh. Looking forward to seeing what happens with Ganesha's eventual evo.

Still haven't gotten my Valk skilled up nor evo'd to her final form. I suck.

Asturie

Just started playing again after about a year, pulled 6 star Founder of Nations Okuninushi. Worth keeping or reroll? I used to play with an Isis so I'm decent at combo's but probably not going to hit 6+ combos right away again unless they changed it so that hearts count as combo's as well.

Jagernaut

Everything counts as combos including hearts, jammers, and poison.

Edit. Beaten.

Bonus tip, once you evolve and awaken Okuninushi he gets an extend time awakening for an extra 1/2 second movement time. With another Okuninushi friend that's an extra second total. If you have a Yomi that's another second.

Jagernaut

I have both! Will probably go Apocalypse for the Light main color.

Though is it worth investing in an Athena team when I have Verdandi as my 3.x two-prong burst leader?

Athena is good for quickly farming dungeons like super kings and alt coin dungeons but I wouldn't invest plus eggs in her team. I would concentrate on Verdandi.

Top Bottom