• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have the perfect KotG team now - 2x Verdandi, 2x GZL, 2x Liu Bei = 100% success. I used my GZL team before that but between skyfall hearts and sometimes not being able to 1 shot Zeus, success rate was more like 70%.

Verdandi though....3x TPA are enough to 1-Shot Zeus and i could still tank a hit. Sucks for my GZL team but dude is getting outshines. GungHo should give GZL and Ult Evo instead of Verdandi. Hitting + 5 Mio Dmg thanks to TPAs....lovely.

quickmemo_2015-05-17-t2roa.png

PS. Welcome Back Azusa, i was wondering when you would be back since you didnt even log-in during your off time.
Congrats on the challenge clear. It's always useful to have extra pys in your box for when something comes up.
My Verdandis are way behind on the skill ups. I haven't really had a chance to run the Thursday dungeon lately. My main one is only at level 3. All three of my Liu Beis are max skilled though! I need to finish making my team when I have the time. My Vegito team and LKali team have been taking up my time lately (not to mention the FF collab. REM characters I picked up.)

I do have Delgado, but he is on my iPad and not my main iPhone account, heh. Now I just need to evolve Nim and my second Urd. That boost will be nice once I get him levelled up. I've been subbing in GZL whenever I need an attacker boost, but Nim seems to fit in much better on my teams.

Hopefully I can finish Trunks off before the event ends. I'm up to about 230ish, but once again I'm lagging behind on HP plus eggs. It always seems to end up that way. At least I've almost got his RCV up to 99. His uevo has 0 RCV so having 297 on it is nice especially with the Vegito dragon RCV boost(1.25x each Vegito) giving him effectively 464 RCV with the boost (when he is at 297.)

Still need to decide which character to plus egg next...Yuna, Hino Kagu, Liu Bei#1...
3 max skill Liu Beis ? Sweeet.
But i get what you are saying, no matter how good the pulls are - time and resources are limited so its better to focus on 1-2 teams for continues progress and switch once you are more or less satisfied with your work. Especially since many of your Key subs are are similar on Vegito/LKali.

So you are running or working an Urd team as well ? What does the look like ? Im not really big on fire teams/type even though i have a couple of good units...but im kinda biased because my first pulls were all blue/green focused. I already have the perfect subs for Skuld...Skuld and DKali...the only drops i still want, otherwise im fine.

About who to max next...well good question, from what ive read Liu Bei really benefits from max atk thanks to his 3xTPA might be a solid choice.

btw. Did you get all Gold-REM units you wanted from the Dragon Ball Collabo ? Seems like you have all the good ones, unless im missing someone.
Good news: I've conquered one of my biggest demons in PAD and beat Gaea
Bad news: no drop

Uh...that sucks...-.-

Need some L Kali friends please.
333,752, 218

Other leaders: Ronia, Lu Bu, Verdandi, Yamato, RA, U&Y and soon Beezle. It will mostly be devil leads I use for farming though.

FZZ

Banned
333,752, 218

Other leaders: Ronia, Lu Bu, Verdandi, Yamato, RA, U&Y and soon Beezle. It will mostly be devil leads I use for farming though.

Added you. I run Lkali, Beelze, and Andromeda.

Lkali is always in slot 2 and I I'll have her ult immediately available when it comes out in NA.

Added you. I run Lkali, Beelze, and Andromeda.

Lkali is always in slot 2 and I I'll have her ult immediately available when it comes out in NA.

Same. I need to really start grinding levels. I have the materials to ult both my L kali's, Sun Quan and L meta(D meta is already ulted) but I need to hit rank 265 to use them all. I'm at 240 right now.

Speaking of that I am trying to figure out the easiest dark devil team to farm KoG. So far a two prong team with ronia spikes on the last two bosses is working good.

Trying to balance how many tpa to clean up floors 1-8 and still having enough row power to one shot 9 and 10.

I'm at a loss. Which team should I invest my plus eggs in hypermaxing? Which, when hypermaxed will clear me the most content (C9-C10 and X rush dungeons) with the least amount of difficulty?

Awoken Ra is probably the only one that might be able to do those tougher dungeons but he's hard to use with only 1 L.Kali. Could my L.Kali, Verdandi, Shiva, or Lakshmi team do those dungeons with enough investment?

https://www.padherder.com/user/SarahAndy/teams/#146915

tr4656

333,752, 218

Not sure if we are friends but I did just roll her this fest. I need a Dub-Topalit for evo and I have a snowglobe ready.

Negator

I got to castle of satan and am getting wrecked pretty hard. I have no idea what I should be doing at this point in the game.

I got to castle of satan and am getting wrecked pretty hard. I have no idea what I should be doing at this point in the game.

Time to start puzzling hard. Or just friend people from the GAF spreasheet hidden in the OP

You'll also want to start looking into synergystic friend leaders rather than just what's available. Ra team + 1.5xATK to Fire are not very compatible with each other for example.

Negator

Do you think it would be worth using my pal eggs on these rare evo materials? I think at low level adding some dublits might help me out if I get them?

razterik

Aw man, I'm short two blue jewels for Lakshmi. Starling evos ate them and I forgot to farm extras. Hope the next event gives me a good source.

zoku88

Crap, I should have attempted Cauchemar before, but I got lazy :p

I don't really have the greatest Parvati team anyway.

For starters, it would probably be Par -- GZL -- Liu Bei -- Thumbelina and idk, some other green thing I happen to have... Marine Rider? another GZL, another Liu Bei?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What i wanted to ask....is Lla unit like GZL only getting a Ult Evo if he wins these community surveys or does it just happen sooner if he wins ? Kinda sucks if he has to win since there probably will always a couole who are more pooular and easier to play.

Also...if i wanna farm some +eggs on techical stages are the Mechdragon stages still recommended ?

Yes, you pretty much always want to use your PEM rolls when there are rare evo mats available in there.
Especially at the beginning when you cant clear higher difficulty evo material dungeons.I got both Sacred Mask for U&Y from the machine way before i could beat the Wednesday dungeon...was so helpful back then.

@zoku
Heh same here, hope we get Cauchemar back soon.

razterik

What i wanted to ask....is Lla unit like GZL only getting a Ult Evo if he wins these community surveys or does it just happen sooner if he wins ? Kinda sucks if he has to win since there probably will always a couole who are more pooular and easier to play.

Also...if i wanna farm some +eggs on techical stages are the Mechdragon stages still recommended ?

Some of the other Godfest exclusives (Green/Blue Odin) have gotten Ultimates without winning any votes, so it's always possible. Usually doesn't happen until they've fallen pretty far out of the meta, and GZL is still quite useful. So he likely won't see one for a long while. Verdandi might get one due to her popularity, though.

Mechdragon isn't the best source of plus eggs during 5x Mondays unless you are speed running it (~2 mins), but it does have a pretty good exp and fodder return. Best is Forbidden Tower, Door of Light and Shadow since it can be cheesed in Challenge mode with all Rodin team paired with Noah/Goemon/Ronia. Sub 1 min runs and second in plus rate only to Star Vault until 3x normals arrives.

Holy smokes, Hello Kitty returning?
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/sanrio2.html
But will it show again in NA, haha.

smbu2000

I think last time I posted a picture of my Pandora (iPad) team clearing Beorc and its attack power. This is my LKali (iPhone) team clearing Beorc and its attack power. Team was LKali/DD Yomi/Izanagi/Kotaro/LMeta/LKali. I subbed in Yomi and Izanagi for the skill bind resists and enhance. I think I had 3 Light TPAs. LKali -> Kotaro -> Izanagi -> Yomi
Hyper LKali did over 3 million damage by herself with the 36x and enhance, very nice!

Holy smokes, Hello Kitty returning?
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/sanrio2.html
But will it show again in NA, haha.
Oh, wow it's coming back! I hope they have an uevo for my TamadraPurin. I pulled him a long time ago on my iPad. (1 pull gold)

I have the perfect KotG team now - 2x Verdandi, 2x GZL, 2x Liu Bei = 100% success. I used my GZL team before that but between skyfall hearts and sometimes not being able to 1 shot Zeus, success rate was more like 70%.

Verdandi though....3x TPA are enough to 1-Shot Zeus and i could still tank a hit. Sucks for my GZL team but dude is getting outshines. GungHo should give GZL and Ult Evo instead of Verdandi. Hitting + 5 Mio Dmg thanks to TPAs....lovely.

3 max skill Liu Beis ? Sweeet.
But i get what you are saying, no matter how good the pulls are - time and resources are limited so its better to focus on 1-2 teams for continues progress and switch once you are more or less satisfied with your work. Especially since many of your Key subs are are similar on Vegito/LKali.

So you are running or working an Urd team as well ? What does the look like ? Im not really big on fire teams/type even though i have a couple of good units...but im kinda biased because my first pulls were all blue/green focused. I already have the perfect subs for Skuld...Skuld and DKali...the only drops i still want, otherwise im fine.

About who to max next...well good question, from what ive read Liu Bei really benefits from max atk thanks to his 3xTPA might be a solid choice.

btw. Did you get all Gold-REM units you wanted from the Dragon Ball Collabo ? Seems like you have all the good ones, unless im missing someone.
Well GZL should, in theory, have more power than Verdandi with the 16x attack (no HP bonus) but with Verdandi you don't have to worry about keeping track of your HP and not healing. It does make her easier to use over him as a leader.

Yeah, the recent event had the survey dungeon in it (2x drop rate) and I was able to finish off Liu Bei #2 and #3. After levelling them up I should have a decent Verdandi team. Albeit with not many plus eggs.

I run my Urd team occasionally (good for S ranking survey dungeons as well as she is only a 6 star character), but not as much lately. I'd like to put together something though especially with the Urd #2 and now my Nim. Will make farming much easier as I can pair the team with the Rodins on my friend list as well.

Not quite, I would like to get an Uub as well. That 2 turn 2x attack damage for Attackers/Dragons would be very nice. I have a Green Shiryu who also gives 2 turn 2x attack damage for Dragons, but he also drops your HP down to 1.
Uub also has 2 skill bind awakenings which would be nice for my Vegito team. I have an Uub on my iPad. He'll probably get an uevo next time the collab. comes around, too.

I have Goku(aka Vegito), Vegeta x2 and Trunks on my iPhone and Cell, Uub and Gotenks on my iPad. Only character I'm missing is Gohan. His leader skill is like Horus' which I don't really need, but he has decent stats and useful awakenings. I wouldn't mind having him.

Whitelines

Neo Member
I have returned to PAD some days ago. More than 100 friends have abandoned me, I understand. Invited some from GAF friend list and some randoms from padx I hope to fill my 145 friends fast enough, especially with my maxed Ronia lead.

Reviewed my box and find out that I have been making a DMeta team. I have completely forgot about this. If I remember correctly I have been away for about 5 months or so.

Easily cleared 6 levels of challenge dungeon with my DMeta team: Hanzo, Gryps Persephone and Ronia. Its the best subs that I have at the moment. All I can say that playing with DMeta is more fun that with Ronia but harder.

Is Ronia still the top lead today? I can't see how x2.5 attack (slightly more with 6+ combo) is viable anymore. She is weak and stalling is rarely an option in the latest descends. I can't clear KoG consistently with Ronia+Ronia, but when I use Ronia+Lu Bu paring its 100%.

Also rolled once in this godfest and got Hatsume. Not bad. Soon I can make Andromeda or I&I team.

Add me, i run sonia and Dmeta as my leaders

341 221 358

I'm at a loss. Which team should I invest my plus eggs in hypermaxing? Which, when hypermaxed will clear me the most content (C9-C10 and X rush dungeons) with the least amount of difficulty?

Awoken Ra is probably the only one that might be able to do those tougher dungeons but he's hard to use with only 1 L.Kali. Could my L.Kali, Verdandi, Shiva, or Lakshmi team do those dungeons with enough investment?

https://www.padherder.com/user/SarahAndy/teams/#146915
Work on the Ra team. One Kali is enough to take on basically everything. I don't even have one and my team is still good enough to do rushes. Kali, DIza, and SQ are three of the most useful rainbow/combo subs in the game right now, so it's not like investing in that team would be a waste. You could just move over to the L.Kali team if you feel like it's too difficult to use.

So, this is my current team that I've invested in.

It's alright, but I can't even beat KotG with it. From my box, is there any better team that I should start putting together?
You can do something like U&Y/SQ/Siegfried/Ama or LZL/DMeta. You'd need to ult DMeta to make her active not useless for the team, but she's your best option to cover dark.

LZL can do KotG, but you need mini-DQXQ. A team like LZL/DQXQ/LValk/Shynee/Echidna/LZL is enough for a guaranteed clear. You might be able to get away with putting an Angelion in DQXQ's spot.

Work on the Ra team. One Kali is enough to take on basically everything. I don't even have one and my team is still good enough to do rushes. Kali, DIza, and SQ are three of the most useful rainbow/combo subs in the game right now, so it's not like investing in that team would be a waste. You could just move over to the L.Kali team if you feel like it's too difficult to use.

You can do something like U&Y/SQ/Siegfried/Ama or LZL/DMeta. You'd need to ult DMeta to make her active not useless for the team, but she's your best option to cover dark.

LZL can do KotG, but you need mini-DQXQ. A team like LZL/DQXQ/LValk/Shynee/Echidna/LZL is enough for a guaranteed clear. You might be able to get away with putting an Angelion in DQXQ's spot.

I actually just tried using Ra in endless for practice and there's literally no way I could clear anything with it. Matching all except heart consistently is far too difficult for me.

So should I do my LKali team or Verdandi?

Azusa

I actually just tried using Ra in endless for practice and there's literally no way I could clear anything with it. Matching all except heart consistently is far too difficult for me.

You can try L/L Ra. Slightly easier to do combos.

Either of those are fine; those are you two strongest teams not including Ra. As I mentioned before, the Kali team has some of the most useful subs. The Verdandi team is also a great investment since green teams have so much synergy going on right now.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Congrats! The suffering is over. Now the question, how many stones and what level did you complete?

Edit: with the hope of the Ult Evos coming I need to track down a Topalit. These things are the most rare item in the game for me.

I thought you can just do the T1 light dungeon over and over.

Ducarmel

I am almost 100% positive that Uvo Kali is better than L/L Ra. Also what Ra user would ever bother using l/l Ra once awoken Ra hits?

L/L Ra got buffed, 100% bind immunity and heart matches count and maxes out at 8x atk. We have not got the update yet It came out when Awoken Ra came out so we still got to wait for it.

ATK x4 when attacking with 5 of following orb types: Fire, Water, Wood, Light, Dark & Heart. ATK x4 for each additional orb type, up to ATK x8 for all 6 matches. ( Japanese ver. )

L/L Ra got buffed, 100% bind immunity and heart matches count and maxes out at 8x atk. We have not got the update yet It came out when Awoken Ra came out so we still got to wait for it.

Maxes out at 8x? Wow.

Still won't it be nearly impossible to find L/L friends? I imagine most are going to go the extra mile and use Awoken Ra for the insane 100x multiplier.

Didn't realize DIza's shield was for 3 turns. Guess I'll have to skill her up when dark bowl dragon comes around. Seems like my best LKali subs are all dark :lol.

tr4656

Maxes out at 8x? Wow.

Still won't it be nearly impossible to find L/L friends? I imagine most are going to go the extra mile and use Awoken Ra for the insane 100x multiplier.

Yeah, pretty sure it will be since Awoken Ra is much better. I guess people who can't beat Sphinx will still be running L/L?

smbu2000

Maxes out at 8x? Wow.

Yeah, I don't have anybody on my friends list who use L/L Ra anymore. They've all switched over to Awoken Ra.

That 8x multiplier is nice, but it is harder to activate as you need to get all 5 colors and hearts for the 8x. You do have more of an opportunity to hit the 4x as you can use any of the 5, but Awoken Ra is just much easier to use (stronger as well), has better awakenings and a better active skill (much stronger and the extra 3 seconds of movement time.)
I put Awoken Ra on my Grodin team and he took out the extreme king metal dragon in one shot.

On my iPad, I made my Ra #2 the L/L version. He's max skilled, can be useful on my healer team and he'll do until I can gather up materials again to make him into Awoken Ra (like my Ra #1.)

LuffyZoro

Alright, thanks. I've got a bunch of rolls saved up for PCGF, so hopefully I'll get some better cards then.

Kyuur

Decided to start playing again, for the 3rd time! This game will always have my heart.

First two REM rolls:

Now I just enough cost to use one of them. What does Verdandi's leader do exactly? Not sure if it scales with Max HP (which I think would make since with the second part) or current. Only a couple more levels to go to find out I suppose!

Sphinx is an easier dungeon than Twinlits, though.
Sphinx doesn't drop from PAL. :p

Now I just enough cost to use one of them. What does Verdandi's leader do exactly? Not sure if it scales with Max HP (which I think would make since with the second part) or current. Only a couple more levels to go to find out I suppose!
3x when HP < 50%
3.15x when 100% < HP < 50%
3.3x when HP = 100%

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Just realized dub-mythlit is now a skill up for lucifer. Got a new grind for myself.

Btw is their a consensus on which ultimate is the way to go for lucifer? Mono devil team, lu bu - luci - d/d lilith - d/w vamp - king baddie

Actually I might be able to do awoken RA with enough time extends.

I might as well focus on those subs since they mesh with Kirin and Kali. I will just put levels in my Verdandi team since I still like easier farming.

Top Bottom