• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Some of the other Godfest exclusives (Green/Blue Odin) have gotten Ultimates without winning any votes, so it's always possible. Usually doesn't happen until they've fallen pretty far out of the meta, and GZL is still quite useful. So he likely won't see one for a long while. Verdandi might get one due to her popularity, though.

Mechdragon isn't the best source of plus eggs during 5x Mondays unless you are speed running it (~2 mins), but it does have a pretty good exp and fodder return. Best is Forbidden Tower, Door of Light and Shadow since it can be cheesed in Challenge mode with all Rodin team paired with Noah/Goemon/Ronia. Sub 1 min runs and second in plus rate only to Star Vault until 3x normals arrives.

Alright thanks...so probably shouldnt expect GZL Ult Evo anytime soon - seeing that (imo) Special Gods that are less relevant like GGY/RGY still havent gotten any kind of power boost.

Dont see the point in getting an Ult Evo in Verdandi when she is already quite good to begin with...probably cant make her much better anyway without screwing up the balance...right ?

When it comes +egg i think Mechdragon might be more interesting to me because of the extra Fodder and exp. Time really isnt an issue for me since im not spending stones on it or have to run the as fast as possible. 50 stamina on

Though stamina wise its 4 runs of Forbidden Tower vs. 1 run Mechdragon...so FT might be better.
Well GZL should, in theory, have more power than Verdandi with the 16x attack (no HP bonus) but with Verdandi you don't have to worry about keeping track of your HP and not healing. It does make her easier to use over him as a leader.

Yeah, the recent event had the survey dungeon in it (2x drop rate) and I was able to finish off Liu Bei #2 and #3. After levelling them up I should have a decent Verdandi team. Albeit with not many plus eggs.

I run my Urd team occasionally (good for S ranking survey dungeons as well as she is only a 6 star character), but not as much lately. I'd like to put together something though especially with the Urd #2 and now my Nim. Will make farming much easier as I can pair the team with the Rodins on my friend list as well.

Not quite, I would like to get an Uub as well. That 2 turn 2x attack damage for Attackers/Dragons would be very nice. I have a Green Shiryu who also gives 2 turn 2x attack damage for Dragons, but he also drops your HP down to 1.
Uub also has 2 skill bind awakenings which would be nice for my Vegito team. I have an Uub on my iPad. He'll probably get an uevo next time the collab. comes around, too.

I have Goku(aka Vegito), Vegeta x2 and Trunks on my iPhone and Cell, Uub and Gotenks on my iPad. Only character I'm missing is Gohan. His leader skill is like Horus' which I don't really need, but he has decent stats and useful awakenings. I wouldn't mind having him.

Okay maybe the comparison isnt quite fair but damage wise the difference isnt really noticeable - feels like having all the benefits of a GZL team (TPAs, his active skill)without the drawbacks. Also Liu Beis Double Orb chance is perfect for TPAs - often his active is enough for 3x Wood TPAs...dont even have to use Verdandi most of the times.

With Verdandi now and upcoming Awoken Parvati running GZL becomes less attractive.

I think the Nords in general are good for S-Rankings - i was able to S-Rank the last survey dungeons all with Verdandi - really nice. Especially if she is skilled.

Oh right Gohan was missing...and Uub was he a Gold Egg as well ? Dont remember him. Also just realized that with Super Dragon Ball upcoming you guys wont have a shortage of new cards and updates for future DB collaborations... damn xD

Decided to start playing again, for the 3rd time! This game will always have my heart.

First two REM rolls:

Now I just enough cost to use one of them. What does Verdandi's leader do exactly? Not sure if it scales with Max HP (which I think would make since with the second part) or current. Only a couple more levels to go to find out I suppose!
Welcome to the Verdandi family :)

Run her as well - so add me if you like.

linsivvi

3 new ults for me Yayyy..

Think imma go with DQ, she seems to be the better leader.

Yeah I think I will go with DQ as well. Two row enhances and a two prong makes her very versatile as both leader and sub.

When it comes +egg i think Mechdragon might be more interesting to me because of the extra Fodder and exp. Time really isnt an issue for me since im not spending stones on it or have to run the as fast as possible. 50 stamina on

Though stamina wise its 4 runs of Forbidden Tower vs. 1 run Mechdragon...so FT might be better.

Well if +egg is your priority, Forbidden Tower has much better +egg/stamina rate than Mechdragon, and is in fact, the 2nd best place to farm +eggs until we get 5x normal dungeon rate.

tr4656

New Event:

Hs1OlBG.png

*Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Z Super Mario Bros. Edition Launch Celebration!*
[Duration]: 5/22 (Fri) 12:00 AM - 6/1 (Mon) 11:59 PM (PDT)

This Friday 5/22, Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition will launch on the Nintendo 3DS in North America. Both games will be available in one great package -- available on both the eShop and your favorite retail store. Pick it up and begin your new adventure!

For more tips and information, check out the Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition homepage at: http://puzzleanddragons.nintendo.com/

To commemorate this launch, we’re holding a special in-game event full of free goodies, a new Descended Dungeon, and tons of other great things to enjoy. And don’t forget, there’s an increased chance to receive Puzzle & Dragons Z monsters at the Rare Egg Machine until 5/28!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
5/22 - 6/1 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② To the Next Castle!
The next challenge lies ahead! The Ultimate Rush events return with crushing difficulty and the continued opportunity for Spirit Jewel invades.

5/22 - 5/23 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
5/24 - 5/25 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
5/26 - 5/27 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
5/28 - 5/29 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*

■③ Search for Companions
A series of special dungeons to brighten your day! Lightning Chaser, Ragnarok Odyssey Monsters, and Spirit Jewels are available to farm and fuse!

5/22 - 5/24 - Lightseeker
5/26 - 5/28 - RO Collab
5/29 - 6/1 - Gift from the Holy Beasts

■④ Special Event Content
5/22 - 5/24 - ???????????
5/29 - 5/31 - ???????????

■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 5/22 to 6/1!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

5/22 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
5/23 - The Goddess Descended!
5/24 - Zeus Mercury
5/25 - Zhao Yun Descended!
5/26 - Athena Descended!
5/27 - Hera-Ur Descended!
5/28 - Hera-Is Descended!
5/29 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
5/30 - Medjedra Descended!
5/31 - Satan Descended!
6/1 - Beelzebub Descended!

■⑥Awesome Daily Bonuses
Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons [extends until 6/2 (Tues), 12:00 PM PDT]
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

Is it finally time for Sonia Gran? The other one should be Diagordos I think.

razterik

No 2.5x skill up still. Sitting on Hero skill ups is painful. And no new Challenge dungeon? I hope they're just waiting on the announcement, because it's a bad sign for future updates if they start slowing those down now...

Valkyrie for my blue jewel fix. Extremely easy, but not very productive otherwise.

3 new ults for me Yayyy..

Think imma go with DQ, she seems to be the better leader.
I had a tough choice between DQ and XQ until I pulled Hathor. Now its DQ all the way. She'll be a good fit in my fake Sun Wukong team (aka Twin Star Divinegon). I may regret the loss of DQXQ's orb change on my Athena team, but that's it.

Thinking about an Awoken Parvati team.

Wood attribute cards ATK x2.5, RCV x1.5. ATK x2 when simultaneously clearing 5 connected Heart orbs.

Awoken Parvati
Awoken Parvati
Liu Bei
Verdandi
AA Michael
Awoken Parvati
Freyja

Simulator

6 Skill ups. 10 TPA's and 5 heart changers with a cool down under 10.

zoku88

Lol, it feels like half the people in this thread have Verthandi's. Feels like very few have Urds and I don't think I've seen Skuld mentioned that much.

Lol, it feels like half the people in this thread have Verthandi's. Feels like very few have Urds and I don't think I've seen Skuld mentioned that much.

Yeah got her awhile back. Anyone else feel kind of overwhelmed when they have a lot of possible teams?

I know it's definitely a first world problems kinda thing but so much xp, plus eggs, tamadras, skill ups etc.. I don't think I'll ever hyper max anyone.

Padherder Teams

Pretty much decided on getting a beezle next time around and using

Farming and some descends:
Beezle, Ronia, Ronia, Haku, Lu Bu, Ronia

Descends:
L Kali, L Kali, L Meta, D Meta, Sun Quan, L Kali

If I ever git gud:
Ra, L Kali, L Kali, D Meta, Grodin, Ra

Awoken RA only because most of his subs are interchangeable with Kali. My dark devil teams already have a ton of plus eggs, skill ups etc but I need something other than a grindy team to spend time on so that's why I'll be focusing most on L Kali from here on out I think.

Verdandi/ Awoken Parvati seem like they could be really strong too but none of my green monsters are ulted even. Same with Yamato but I'm not really a fan of the hero style of low cool down, orb changing nukes.

Yeah got her awhile back. Anyone else feel kind of overwhelmed when they have a lot of possible teams?

I know it's definitely a first world problems kinda thing but so much xp, plus eggs, tamadras, skill ups etc.. I don't think I'll ever hyper max anyone.
A little bit. I have to build up 3/5ths of my future Lakshmi team from scratch so I'll have to devote a ton of stamina towards it. I'm already dreading the Andromeda skillups and I might actually have to stone for TAMADRAs for the first time.

jay23

I had a tough choice between DQ and XQ until I pulled Hathor. Now its DQ all the way. She'll be a good fit in my fake Sun Wukong team (aka Twin Star Divinegon). I may regret the loss of DQXQ's orb change on my Athena team, but that's it.

I don't even have any light row enhance sub's for her, hoping to get lucky during pcgf. Is XQ the better sub? Neither of them fit in my l.Kali team because of the active.

I said that a few pages ago, verdandi seems to be the new "it" card right now. Nearly every topic on reddit was celebrating clears with her during one of the challenges.

A little bit. I have to build up 3/5ths of my future Lakshmi team from scratch so I'll have to devote a ton of stamina towards it. I'm already dreading the Andromeda skillups and I might actually have to stone for TAMADRAs for the first time.

I used to have so many tamadra that I fed them to gods I don't think I've ever used. Now I need a ton and have nothing but baby's I have to evolve.

I don't even have any light row enhance sub's for her, hoping to get lucky during pcgf. Is XQ the better sub? Neither of them fit in my l.Kali team because of the active.

I said that a few pages ago, verdandi seems to be the new "it" card right now. Nearly every topic on reddit was celebrating clears with her during one of the challenges.
XQ is only a better sub on Athena teams but cause she retains the god typing. Otherwise DQ is better in every way.

Regarding Verdandi, I picked one up recently and I have to admit, she's a pretty awesome card. With all my Athena subs disappearing due to uvos, she's quickly becoming my "go to" farming lead. She might be my next + target.

razterik

Beorc is such a shit shit shit dungeon. Died three times, once with Horus and twice with Verdandi. Trying to clear out the JP descend challenge so I can go back to farming plus eggs and all the skill ups this week.

Managed 69 plus eggs over 46 runs in NA Star Vault today. Could've sworn I did much better than the average, but I guess it's okay. 3x normals f'in when.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Thanks to the introduction of UUU, or more specifically Liu Bei.

Illucio

Banned
The new Ronia

Funny considering I'm working on a Verdandi team myself. She is a great leader though. I have 2 of her, 2 GZL, A liu Bei, Freyja, Bastet, MeiMei, Guan Yu, and Ceres. So I have a lot of leeway on how to build my team.

Because Wood monsters are all about 2 prongs, making teams up with heavy damage dealers is pretty easy. Wood monsters tend to have decent RCU, and HP.

Just great all around. And considering how Wood is not used that often, it's cool to see Wood become much more viable and easier to use.

linsivvi

New Event:

Is it finally time for Sonia Gran? The other one should be Diagordos I think.

I have two Snow Globe Blanc ready for her.

It's so strange to not have PADZ collab in a PADZ event.

I have Urd and is 1 level away from max skill. It's just that I don't have a need for her right now though I see quite a few people switched to her on my friend list.

jiggle

I see a lot of ronia on my fl switching over to Urd

1 goes in skuld once in a while
I try to use mine when I see that
Not too impressed with her

Wow they announced the next event already
Unexpectedly efficient from NA team

hermit7

I need three green jewels and I will have all the mats for Parvati at last. I think she is going to be the best green leader. Leader skill is not too restrictive and you don't really need to activate it every turn with the 2.5 base attack.

Should allow for damage flexibility and the 1.5 rcv will help as well. The weakness is going to be in the hp and meeting health thresholds from preemptives.

Lakshmi may overall be a better option even. Physical monsters have high health already which is a bonus and kind of negates the thresholds that Parvati may struggle with. And the 1.5 RCV boost with help with that typical limitation.

Parvati and Verdandi have similar subs. I'm in between two teams for my green team.

Parvati, Verdandi, Liu Bei, AA Michael, Freyja, Parvati

Verdandi, Vishnu, Liu bei, Cu Chu, Freyja, Verdandi

Neither of these teams have any work put into them so it would be from scratch for both.

Other green subs
Grodin
Dupe Parvati
Kano
ADK
Heracles

Which of these two seem stronger?

razterik

Why not build both? Parvati is capable of more damage and heals way easier, but Verdandi has better orb change options and more HP. I would focus on Verdandi and Liu Bei first since they're going on either team anyway. Then Parvati and just switch out Vishnu for her on Verdandi's team.

Why not build both? Parvati is capable of more damage and heals way easier, but Verdandi has better orb change options and more HP. I would focus on Verdandi and Liu Bei first since they're going on either team anyway. Then Parvati and just switch out Vishnu for her on Verdandi's team.

Probably what I'll end up doing eventually after my L Kali team is maxed out.

Azusa

When I rolled Verdandi a while ago I didnt think twice about it and thought it was another useless green god. But then all that Reddit and GAF hype. I had to look into it again and yeah Verdandi could be a new Ronia lol.

At first it seems that Verdandi has unconditional 3x but its not that simple. In order to make a good Verdandi team green monsters are needed. And they are mostly REM exclusives. As far as I know there aren't many good green monsters and they are very rare like GZL.

When I checked my box I sadly realized that I cant make a Verdandi team. I have some great Verdandi subs but its not enough to make a strong team. BTW Cu chu is my first REM roll.

P.S. I remember the day when GungHo introduced green Bastet devil and they were saying that they'll make green devils viable in the future or something like that. Is it true? I haven't checked any PAD news in the past 4 months. Maybe they were talking about green Verdandi team.

Noaloha

Here's my progress on a Verdandi team.

3Mac180.png

Needs a bunch more EXP and nothing is skilled up (not even Cu Chu), but it still packs a punch even at this stage (the Liu Bei factor, obviously).

Wee Jas is the wildcard sub, but I like him just for his crazy utility. Extend time, bind immune, bind clear on heart row, a skill that makes a heart row and which also delays. He's neat.

When I don't need that utility, I typically swap in Attacker Michael. Other green options (I don't have many) a G/R Generate Dragon, an unevoed Green Guan Yu, uhhh... King Woodsie? I have a Leilan that I've put all my +-eggs in, but she's R/L and I don't want to re-evo her to R/G even if her active skill is very nice for Verdandi.

Could do with more Verdandi friends to be honest. I also run U&Y, Blonia, R/L Leilan, Athena, occasional Attacker Thor.

Add me! Molly: 324 541 344, NA Android

P.S. I remember the day when GungHo introduced green Bastet devil and they were saying that they'll make green devils viable in the future or something like that. Is it true? I haven't checked any PAD news in the past 4 months. Maybe they were talking about green Verdandi team.

Main green devils are all over the place with rows(Ceres, Astaroth, Dark Fafnir) , orb enhance(Armadel), a few prongs(Awoken Parvati, Ruel, Marine Rider). Cell, Piccolo and FFCD thief aren't available to versions outside of JP, lame. There are more green devils for sure, with about 9 added since devil Bastet, so that's cool. Sadly none of them besides Cell, maybe Raul, really scream 'BUILD GREEN DEVILS AROUND ME!' , instead the others just care about color. Also Verdandi and Liu Bei ruined everything else for green, so good, too good.

Edit:
The deed is done, Venus is mine.

J0dy77

No 2.5x skill up still. Sitting on Hero skill ups is painful. And no new Challenge dungeon? I hope they're just waiting on the announcement, because it's a bad sign for future updates if they start slowing those down now...

Valkyrie for my blue jewel fix. Extremely easy, but not very productive otherwise.

This is really starting to annoy me. Slowing more content down and now JP is getting their second players choice Godfest in a few months before we even get one. Seriously, who is running gungho NA?

Jonsoncao

Banned

Padherder Teams

A suggestion is to use some stones expanding your friends list, so you don't have to delete friends who are still active daily, even though their daily leader might not be compatible with your daily leaders.

This is really starting to annoy me. Slowing more content down and now JP is getting their second players choice Godfest in a few months before we even get one. Seriously, who is running gungho NA?
Indeed a little bit frustrated...Somehow I think PCGF will be featured in this or next event. It was by the end of May last year.

cw_sasuke

Oh we are getting Cauchemar tomorrow - and suddenly the dream of Awoken Parvati isnt that far away.

@zoku88
Hope you are ready as well.
Could do with more Verdandi friends to be honest. I also run U&Y, Blonia, R/L Leilan, Athena, occasional Attacker Thor.

Add me! Molly: 324 541 344, NA Android

I also run U&Y and Verdandi - send you a request.

Your team is looking good...didnt knew Wee Jas had such useful Awakenings.

hermit7

I think that one of the premier subs for Parvati may be a damage reducer. Someone that can allow you to tank a hit. Orb changers are nice but with her unconditional multiplier I don't think you need to hit the 5x hearts every turn it may be a burst thing.

For level 10 and legend plus obviously the best option will be all orb changers I think however because you need to do like around 3 million per floor.

cw_sasuke

I think that one of the premier subs for Parvati may be a damage reducer. Someone that can allow you to tank a hit. Orb changers are nice but with her unconditional multiplier I don't think you need to hit the 5x hearts every turn it may be a burst thing.

For level 10 and legend plus obviously the best option will be all orb changers I think however because you need to do like around 3 million per floor.

Yeah even on max lvl the Awoken Parvati team will only have around 18K HP

2x Verdandi/Kushinada/ Perseus might be a good team.

100% chance to resist team skill-lock, bind reduce with a row of Hearts if Kushi and/or Perseus arent bound. Sucks that Perseus lacks TPA...he would have been perfect otherwise.

A.Lax actually edges A.Parv in Japan in popularity solely because of the existence of this guy
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=859

Not sure who the closest green equivalent would be.

Kyuur

Running Dungeon of Wood to get a single Emelit to evolve my starter, ended up getting 2x Earth Golem and a not a single Emelit so far. :lol: What are the chances.

Negator

Just read up on awakened skills. Good lord what have I gotten myself into lol.

Grinding up some subs for these leaders. This goblin is super useful.

zoku88

I wonder what ult Krishna and sarasvati new leader skills are. Seems like they require a game update. I wonder if it's a static orb chance increase or something.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Just read up on awakened skills. Good lord what have I gotten myself into lol.

Grinding up some subs for these leaders. This goblin is super useful.

Stat-wise speaking, dub-lits, super kings are your friends. It can help you walk through till perhaps Ocean of Heaven or even further.

Top Bottom