• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

Yeah. Speaking of overpowered green stuff, I hope Verdandi gets some overpowered Uvo. I don't want to have to learn Awoken Ra and I only have one Kali. :(

I really hope we get a decent mini-Fuma or even better a Ninja event REM. I have 2 L. Kalis and 1 Dark and still can't make a better 25x team than my Kirin one. Super frustrating.

Azusa

Made a stupid mistake on the 5th floor of Legendary Seaway and died. If only I have used orb changer to get mode dark orbs for my Dmeta team I could finish this dungeon. I have thought that 4 dark orbs + 2 random combo is enough, but I needed just a little bit more. Now I'm waiting for the next 88 stamina.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Who would have thought that Awoken Bastet is such a beast - at first glance she didnt look that impressive but if you factor in subs like Verdandi and Liu Bei....well.

About PCGF - still dont know if i should pull. DKali, Skuld, Ceres, 3rd Liu Bei are the only ones i want. DKali for combo leads, Skuld to feed her the +20 Blue fruits i have, A.Ceres against bindings for my green teams, 3rd. Liu Bei because....well.

Will probably spend the stones on farming exp and skill ups.

am_dragon

Just wanted to report back, decided 3 Awoken cards would trump 1 pull in PCGF and stoned for stamina to run Athena 28 times. It took 19 runs for my first invade. Ended with my Athena max skilled and 3 dark jewels, really happy. I have to level up the fodder ( doh! ) so I just have Beelz now, but will have awoken Kagu and Minerva in a few days.

smbu2000

Wow, I didn't know Awoken Bastet was that good. I guess I should probably try and go for the Awoken form on mine. I have Awoken Ra on my main one and was planning on going for Awoken Horus next, but I guess I'll go for Awoken Bastet instead. I just need to pick up a Medjedra and some extra masks.

I can use her and my Verdandis/Liu Beis/GZL as subs. I still have almost 100 plus eggs on her from when I was planning on 297ing her before before switching over to somebody else.

Ran Star Vault a few times yesterday and got a few plus eggs for my characters. Only need 9 more to Hyper my Trunks and 13 more to hyper my Cell.

J0dy77

Seems like we havent talked about the new Zaerog announcement. 36x dark combo lead that is pretty easily attainable, he's got a very useful active skill as well with amazing overall stats.

I'm going to start collecting the mats now.

Awoken Bastet is weaksauce

All about dat Awoken Ra

He's already getting all of my plus eggs. :)

Now we just have to wait until Christmas for them to bring him over.

zoku88

I have literally never used my bastet as a lead before. I should really practice with her since I'm mostly unfamiliar with combo leads in preparation for the awoken version.

What types of subs do people usually use with combo leads? Things with time extend awakening? Do orb changers help?

I have literally never used my bastet as a lead before. I should really practice with her since I'm mostly unfamiliar with combo leads in preparation for the awoken version.

What types of subs do people usually use with combo leads? Things with time extend awakening? Do orb changers help?
All of the combo leads outside of Anubis rely mostly on orb changers. Awoken Bastet comes with 4 time extends between the leader/friend and a 5 turn active that gives an extra two seconds. You don't really need to worry about time extends for her.

I really hope I can get a good green lead during the PCGF. Have 2 Liu Beis, Perseus, and GZL but nothing to use them with....

Seems like we havent talked about the new Zaerog announcement. 36x dark combo lead that is pretty easily attainable, he's got a very useful active skill as well with amazing overall stats.

I'm going to start collecting the mats now.
I've spent the last few days picking up the War Dragons. Added bonus of stones and Tamas was nice with pcgf coming. I'm excited to use him as and Okuni sub and as a leader.

My team will be Verd, Meimei, CuChu, GZL. Should be pretty solid.

tr4656

Yeah. Speaking of overpowered green stuff, I hope Verdandi gets some overpowered Uvo. I don't want to have to learn Awoken Ra and I only have one Kali. :(
I doubt that's coming for a while since Verdandi is already really powerful unless she wins the next uvo vote (which won't come for a while since the last one was so recent)
Awoken Bastet is weaksauce

All about dat Awoken Ra
Both are pretty overpowered.
But what about orb troll? Or are you a member of the "I have two Lkali and one Dkali" master race?

Even without it's not that bad. You just need a extra turn sometimes to clear board.

P&D NA hasn't gotten Sphinx Descended yet, right? How is that in terms of difficulty?

Really easy.

cw_sasuke

Bastet sounds nice - didnt knew she was a combo leader like Anubis, playing Super Mario PaD edition really opened my eyes when it comes to combo leads.

Edit:

Anyone have a source for Awoken Bastet gameplay videos or stage clears ?

Really easy.

...even better xD

FZZ

Banned
But what about orb troll? Or are you a member of the "I have two Lkali and one Dkali" master race?

I have one of each.

But Awoken Ra is still OP as fuck even without them, all you need to do is use a turn to get rid of heart and excess orbs and set it up after that.

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos of people using Ra and I am picking up certain ways of how they set up the board for the next turn, just hoping I can be good enough to use him by the time he comes here. I will still invest in him regardless though, even if I am trash.

I doubt that's coming for a while since Verdandi is already really powerful unless she wins the next uvo vote (which won't come for a while since the last one was so recent)

Both are pretty overpowered.

Even without it's not that bad. You just need a extra turn sometimes to clear board.

Really easy.

Who won the last new UVO vote?

Can you afford an extra turn in all dungeons? I thought that some of the harder dungeons were literally one shot the enemy or be one shot by the enemy.

tr4656

Easier than the Sophdet and Gold Keeper dungeons that are also needed for Awoken Ra?
Easier than Sophdet. I guess its harder than Gold Keeper though because do people still have trouble with Gold Keeper?
Who won the last new UVO vote?

Can you afford an extra turn in all dungeons? I thought that some of the harder dungeons were literally one shot the enemy or be one shot by the enemy.

I mean on some of the floors if you get a bad board, you will have to pop some active but generally, you do actually have an extra turn. You have time to stall on most dungeons anyways for those actives.

cw_sasuke

Wasted all my stamina today to be able to evolve 5 Light Chasers.

0/5 on LMeta skill ups.

lol....gotta love this game...makes you feel stupid for even trying
KuGsj.gif

coy

0/5 on LMeta skill ups.

KuGsj.gif
I am sitting on 15 chasers and am anticipating similar results after going 0/9 on Grodin last week. If this mean I'll have better luck during PCGF, then so be it.

razterik

What I found to be the worst part of Sphinx Descended is Sopdet and her damage shield. 4 turns to do a little over 1.5 million and if anything hits harder than 200k, you end up healing her. You can die at random here, especially if skyfalls are too generous or your team is too maxed out. I cleared it with Beelzebub/Ronia, but died a couple times on that floor.

Google video results for Awoken Bastet. For more specific clears, add the JP dungeon name from PDX to the search terms.

yami4ct

Wednesday Mythical is surprisingly easy. I just went in on a whim to try and grab the clear stone and destroyed it with my Kirin team first try. Expected it to be at least Twinlit difficulty.

0/5 on LMeta skill ups.

KuGsj.gif
This is why I laugh when people complain about skillup rates with fodder that don't need to be evolved. Just wait till you get s couple more 0/5s!

Wednesday Mythical is surprisingly easy. I just went in on a whim to try and grab the clear stone and destroyed it with my Kirin team first try. Expected it to be at least Twinlit difficulty.
Probably because 50 stam Wednesday is actually Legend instead of Mythical. :p

It's not too bad as long as you can shake off 9k damage/turn for a few turns and can break the blue mask's defense.

yami4ct

This is why I laugh when people complain about skillup rates with fodder that don't need to be evolved. Just wait till you get s couple more 0/5s!

Probably because 50 stam Wednesday is actually Legend instead of Mythical. :p

It's not too bad as long as you can shake off 9k damage/turn for a few turns and can break the blue mask's defense.

That would make sense. Never paid attention to that. Haha. It's too bad the top masks aren't mats that have been made very much use of.

I leveled Artemis all the way using Super Kings and came up one skill up short. Overall pretty great rates. Its really nice getting exp while trying to get skill ups.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Thinking of jumping in.

Anybody know when the next godfest is?
This players choice godfest sounds interesting.

razterik

Godfest should be this weekend. Player's Choice is one of the best times to start since it highlights many of the best cards and you won't have to worry about pulling a dupe. If you can get a good starter early, you can cruise through early levels and pick up easy stones for a few more rolls before the Godfest ends.

Godfest should be this weekend. Player's Choice is one of the best times to start since it highlights many of the best cards and you won't have to worry about pulling a dupe. If you can get a good starter early, you can cruise through early levels and pick up easy stones for a few more rolls before the Godfest ends.

Also helps that there are so many amazing starters available now. You can get far with pretty much any of the Egyptians, Norns, Sonias, Egyptian 2.0, Indian 2.0, or Chinese gods off the top of my head. Bastet is probably like the premier starter roll at this point since she's good 100% of the game.

Tobe

awoken lakshmi looks fucking beast only problem is the damn skill ups for the subs, luckily i got max skilled blonia, but still need gabriel skilled, and other subs, wish i had andromeda.

scottnak

Team? She can be a pain if you aren't stacked with HP due to the preemptives and single turn counts.

Definitely having to grapple the HP necessity vs cost....

178 Cost Cap (Fuma has yet to enter my grasps...)
My Usual goto team is
Lkali - mini valk - snow white - rodin - echidna (cost: 174)

I tried to swap out rodin for iza (dark) to deal with the final stage and echidna out for red riding hood (cost purposes) bringing me to 177...

Pretty much screwed anytime I go under 50% though... and still no good in reliably getting 6 combos...

awoken lakshmi looks fucking beast only problem is the damn skill ups for the subs, luckily i got max skilled blonia, but still need gabriel skilled, and other subs, wish i had andromeda.
I finished Gabby in like 3 days of spamming the coin dungeons. Just gotta wait for the blue fairy dungeon to return for Andro. Blonia has been pretty stubborn with skillups though - still stuck on 2.

razterik

Definitely having to grapple the HP necessity vs cost....

178 Cost Cap (Fuma has yet to enter my grasps...)
My Usual goto team is
Lkali - mini valk - snow white - rodin - echidna (cost: 174)

I tried to swap out rodin for iza (dark) to deal with the final stage and echidna out for red riding hood (cost purposes) bringing me to 177...

Pretty much screwed anytime I go under 50% though... and still no good in reliably getting 6 combos...

I hated doing this dungeon with Kirin back in the day, so I can see your issues. Rodin isn't really going to do anything since Ifrit is immune. Echidna isn't too helpful since there's two preemptive status shields, but she can still save you on other floors. I don't know that I'd even want to run Light Kali here unless I had better subs or no other options. Got a Padherder to look at? Maybe I can help put something together, although it might be too early for your box to clear this without a lot of luck.

scottnak

I hated doing this dungeon with Kirin back in the day, so I can see your issues. Rodin isn't really going to do anything since Ifrit is immune. Echidna isn't too helpful since there's two preemptive status shields, but she can still save you on other floors. I don't know that I'd even want to run Light Kali here unless I had better subs or no other options. Got a Padherder to look at? Maybe I can help put something together, although it might be too early for your box to clear this without a lot of luck.

I haven't really thought of another party yet...
I will warn you that I got bored one day and threw basically all monsters to my padherder... lol. I won't blame you if you don't want to sift thru it.

https://www.padherder.com/user/scottnak/monsters/

Thanks in advance though

yami4ct

Really need to start building a Bastet team as she's been relegated to A-Tier sub ever since I got L.Meta and Kirin. Just sad her Awoken edition is losing her Healer sub which means I'm losing her as a sub on my healer teams. Losing that synergy's going to hurt running the Mythical Friday.

razterik

I haven't really thought of another party yet...
I will warn you that I got bored one day and threw basically all monsters to my padherder... lol. I won't blame you if you don't want to sift thru it.

https://www.padherder.com/user/scottnak/monsters/

Thanks in advance though

It's no problem. It's better to have everything listed since it lets me see what random things I could slip in. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is a team there that's going to get you through without difficulty. The best I could manage besides what you were already running was something like Dark Valk/Byakko/Hanahime/Dark Izanami/Echidna/friend hypermax Pandora. Pandora->Valk and Byakko->Hanahime should be barely enough to get you through the last two floors if the boards give you a decent spread. Not going to be easy to get there, though, and an invade isn't an easy kill either.

scottnak

It's no problem. It's better to have everything listed since it lets me see what random things I could slip in. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is a team there that's going to get you through without difficulty. The best I could manage besides what you were already running was something like Dark Valk/Byakko/Hanahime/Dark Izanami/Echidna/friend hypermax Pandora. Pandora->Valk and Byakko->Hanahime should be barely enough to get you through the last two floors if the boards give you a decent spread. Not going to be easy to get there, though, and an invade isn't an easy kill either.

Hehe. I don't even know what other parties to make now. Just trying to find variations with LKali at this point.

I know Verdandi is supposed to be good. Still need the tamadras and Green EXP to max her out though...

(e) and I actually cleared it... haha. Actually had 37 hp left at one point... also got lucky with a skyfall heart drop to save me from a pre-emptive...
No invade though :(

razterik

Congrats. Same Light Kali team? Maybe you'll get a lucky red jewel in Gift from the Holy beasts or the PAL evo machine.

Verdandi is quite good, but she struggles some with the farmable options until you can field something better. Also, don't discount the Ceres in your box, her Awoken form works quite well with some of your other green cards.

I hope you are saving up for the PCGF. Any number of the cards there could help you out a lot.

All that complaining about Yomi showing up in our PCGF and look who's sitting pretty in JP's.

Azusa

Finally cleared Legendary Seaway and Legendary Mountain Path dungeons. Its was easy with my DMeta team. However I don't understand why these dungeons cost 88 stamina. Whats the point?

I hope you are saving up for the PCGF. Any number of the cards there could help you out a lot.

I'll try to reroll a Kali JP account. Rerolling is the most boring thing and I think I'll stop sooner than I get Kali.

Negator

Should I be saving up stones for the NA Player's Choice Godfest? I have Ra, Bastet, and Ronia. Or is trying to get more at the point I'm at in the game not worth it?

Top Bottom