• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

Preliminary Godfest results make me pretty happy. Only a few results that I dislike or don't understand. Hathor seems to be an odd one and Durga is a bit too inconsistent a leader for my taste. Blonia continues to inexplicably ride Ronia's coattails into popularity. Sad to see Izanagi fall out and I would have personally liked Hades or Ares in there, but I get why they aren't. Horus is the big one I can see that's missing. L.Meta sneaking in kind of sucks because it means I risk getting a third, but she's such a great sub I can see why people want her.

Sad to see Kirin fall off. I get that L.Kali+Fuma is a far better team that covers the same idea, but Kirin is still better than most of the leaders that did make it. Oh well, I got mine already. Really hope we get a new Awoken version of her soon to give her a needed boost to keep up.

FZZ

Banned
Both Andro and Hatsume are one skill away from being maxed :/. This long term goal for my Andro team will hopefully sort itself out soon, I have gotten 0 skill ups on my Water Dragon Knight and Hermes has only gotten 1.

Only have 13 of the top 30 gods just praying I get something useful to me. If I get a Blodin I will exclusively focus on my Andro team since 9 row enhances and 100% skill bind resistance is something I cannot pass up.

And of course my search for the mythical Dmeta will always continue.

tr4656

Preliminary Godfest results make me pretty happy. Only a few results that I dislike or don't understand. Hathor seems to be an odd one and Durga is a bit too inconsistent a leader for my taste. Blonia continues to inexplicably ride Ronia's coattails into popularity. Sad to see Izanagi fall out and I would have personally liked Hades or Ares in there, but I get why they aren't. Horus is the big one I can see that's missing. L.Meta sneaking in kind of sucks because it means I risk getting a third, but she's such a great sub I can see why people want her.

Sad to see Kirin fall off. I get that L.Kali+Fuma is a far better team that covers the same idea, but Kirin is still better than most of the leaders that did make it. Oh well, I got mine already. Really hope we get a new Awoken version of her soon to give her a needed boost to keep up.

People really like Durga because of her active for dark teams and her new uvo is pretty easy to use. I personally voted for Blonia because I have the subs to play a Blonia team and her active is decent as a sub for Andro. Good thing Horus didn't get in honestly, because I just think he's mostly useless.

Time to level up and evolve Guan Yinping and Zhao Yun so I can get Awoken Meimei when she finally hits the NA version.

Also are we never getting event Tamadras ever again? I need a lot of them. :(

FZZ

Banned
Time to level up and evolve Guan Yinping and Zhao Yun so I can get Awoken Meimei when she finally hits the NA version.

Also are we never getting event Tamadras ever again? I need a lot of them. :(

Japan seems to get them more than stones nowadays

Honestly wish it was the other way around and we would get more tamas in NA and more stones in JP

NA needs to step up their game, other than the one free tamadra we are getting I don't think we will get another event for them anytime soon.

With the existence of Tamadra village and retrat, Tamas are objectively less valuable than stones at this point unless you're literally starting out. Always feels like a waste when we get tama events nowadays.

razterik

Seriously, now that stamina overflow is here, just drop some stones and run Tamadra Village or Retreat. It's way better than wasting gifts on them. Eventually you don't even need that many Tamadras anyway, whereas you'll always want more stones.

With the existence of Tamadra village and retrat, Tamas are objectively less valuable than stones at this point unless you're literally starting out. Always feels like a waste when we get tama events nowadays.

I for some reason remember us getting Tamadra in addition to stones, rather than them replacing stones. I suppose I'll pay for the coin dungeon. Though I only have 150 stamina so idk if its worth it.

FZZ

Banned
I have a love/hate relationship with tamadra retreat. So many babies and chibis man.

Drop and awakening rate for me is fucking balls to godlike sometimes.

And tamadra village is just inefficient for me to run with dat 99 stamina. I need to at least get 197/198 before I can run it where it'll be worth it.

So.

I have an Extant Red Dragon Caller Sonia, that's at level 70 and max awakened.

I have one Jewel of Darkness, and two Red Dragon Fruit, all acquired through the PAL egg machine. I have yet to attempt the trifruits Wednesday dungeon, or to acquire a Jewel through a descend invade.

Tonight, I rolled the Evo Carnival machine.

Red Dragon Fruit. :D

I rolled again.

Red. Dragon. Fruit. :O

Make mine Marvel(ous). :p

linsivvi

Doing the same, but we have at least a few months.

Sucks that Zhao Yun inexplicably needs 1.7M to evolve though.

I for some reason remember us getting Tamadra in addition to stones, rather than them replacing stones. I suppose I'll pay for the coin dungeon. Though I only have 150 stamina so idk if its worth it.

Don't pay for the coin dungeon. Tamadra Retreat is just as good and it's there every event. 150 stamina = 3+ tamadras on average. So for every stone you sink you're getting 3+ awakenings.

hermit7

Doing the same, but we have at least a few months.

Sucks that Zhao Yun inexplicably needs 1.7M to evolve though.

Don't pay for the coin dungeon. Tamadra Retreat is just as good and it's there every event. 150 stamina = 3+ tamadras on average. So for every stone you sink you're getting 3+ awakenings.

Maybe depending on luck with drops. Babies apparently have a 40 percent chance of awakening. So with an average drop of 3 babies/regulars per run.

I still need so many tamas. Even with the retreats every event I am still in the hole. Need 5 more for Andromeda, 3 for uevo lubu, 3 for Susano who is going on my green verd team, and that is not even counting all the teams that I am slowly working towards (Gabriel, Michael, Uriel) for Norns and Awoken uevos.

Finally what is the ideal Urd team? Running Urd, Leilan, awoken Hino, Cao Cao, r/l Freyr. Thoughts? I have a second Urd that I may start leveling but I may wait for that for the moment.

linsivvi

Maybe depending on luck with drops. Babies apparently have a 40 percent chance of awakening. So with an average drop of 3 babies/regulars per run.

I still need so many tamas. Even with the retreats every event I am still in the hole. Need 5 more for Andromeda, 3 for uevo lubu, 3 for Susano who is going on my green verd team, and that is not even counting all the teams that I am slowly working towards (Gabriel, Michael, Uriel) for Norns and Awoken uevos.

Finally what is the ideal Urd team? Running Urd, Leilan, awoken Hino, Cao Cao, r/l Freyr. Thoughts? I have a second Urd that I may start leveling but I may wait for that for the moment.

Statistically when you run enough times every event you should get about 33% of awakening per baby.

Most runs you would get 3 babies, 2 if you're really unlucky. In addition, you get a full tamadra on the last floor 33% of the time, plus the occasional drop on the first 3 floors.

So on average you are definitely getting more than 1 awakening per run, which makes getting tamadra on event days a pretty bad deal, unless they are handing out both a stone and a tamadra.

J0dy77

With the final votes in it actually works out great for me, I only have 3 of the top 13 cards. Im bracing for extreme disappointment. Lol

Quantum

I don't know if there is a perfect answer.

padx thread has some discussion on it.

I plan to have this as my team:

Urd/Urd/hino/valk/A.Shiva/Urd

my current team is:

Urd/Urd/Hino/valk/Theur/Urd.

I have access to make a nim based team with cao cao, but even with the typing I find that hino and valk (not attackers and off color) do better damage and having a short orb changer and medium orb changer have been able to clear almost everything I've attempted.

I have yet to see anyone argue that you should not be using your second Urd - It makes a fantastic panic button in case you need emergency healing, extra damage, or to heal fully before spiking.

and the last thing: while urd seems to get beaten up for having less choices that her sisters (skuld and verdandi) I find that I have enough of the subs so that you can change your team as needed:

need a delay to dual spike a boss? cao cao
need on type boost team? nim+theur
how about an off color on type full bind and hp heal? atk ama
need insane hp? blue odin sub o.0

am_dragon

I have all the mats for Awoken Minerva, Awoken Neptune, Awoken Kagu, Beelz, and Ronia EXCEPT that Jewel of Darkness. The last time it was up I ran the descended 8 times before I gave up. I've run Athena 3 times today, Is there an average % of appearance?

So far my "rare Evo" pal machine pulls have been 1 star masks, dragon plants and a few lits. Over on my lvl 140 alt account I pull devilits and this morning a jewel of darkness...

Jonsoncao

Banned
So.

I have an Extant Red Dragon Caller Sonia, that's at level 70 and max awakened.

I have one Jewel of Darkness, and two Red Dragon Fruit, all acquired through the PAL egg machine. I have yet to attempt the trifruits Wednesday dungeon, or to acquire a Jewel through a descend invade.

Tonight, I rolled the Evo Carnival machine.

Red Dragon Fruit. :D

I rolled again.

Red. Dragon. Fruit. :O

Make mine Marvel(ous). :p

Wow...this is some serious RNG miracle.

I have all the mats for Awoken Minerva, Awoken Neptune, Awoken Kagu, Beelz, and Ronia EXCEPT that Jewel of Darkness. The last time it was up I ran the descended 8 times before I gave up. I've run Athena 3 times today, Is there an average % of appearance?

So far my "rare Evo" pal machine pulls have been 1 star masks, dragon plants and a few lits. Over on my lvl 140 alt account I pull devilits and this morning a jewel of darkness...
On average it is like 20%, but you could get a long bad streaks sometime (longest of mine = 17). Doing mythical every now and then, your jewel will just pile up. TFW you take a morning dump, open up PAD, bam! invasion on the first try (happens several times for me).

For the rare evo PEM, I think quantity matters a lot. I got 2 dark jewels and 1 red jewel in 30ish pulls. You get 1 star eggs yeah but the majority of the pulls are gold eggs.

Statistically when you run enough times every event you should get about 33% of awakening per baby.
Someone on the subreddit has been collecting data, and we can pretty definitively say that babies have a 40% chance of awakening.

Edit: Got DQ and Lu Bu uvos done! I really hope I don't regret losing DQXQ on my Athena team.

linsivvi

Someone on the subreddit has been collecting data, and we can pretty definitively say that babies have a 40% chance of awakening.

Edit: Got DQ and Lu Bu uvos done! I really hope I don't regret losing DQXQ on my Athena team.

Good to know. That just makes running Tamadra Retreat even more efficient.

Quantum

What about Tyrannos? Double 2-prongs for Urd seems rather useful.

not a bad sub, but really a last pick for me.

- dual tpa, on color to get both red/blue bonuses and 1.3 x boost to dmg.

- completely outclassed by most other rem pulls, a pain to skill up, active that really serves no function - I understand 1.3x is better than 1x, but if you are orb trolled its pretty worthless where as a color change is generally life saving. Urd hits so hard most of the time with active + orb changer that 1x versus 1.3x will not be that useful.

Don't know if anybody posted about this already, but the actual activation condition for the new part of Krish/Saras leader skill is if you link together 5 orbs where at least one of them is an enhanced orb.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Don't know if anybody posted about this already, but the actual activation condition for the new part of Krish/Saras leader skill is if you link together 5 orbs where at least one of them is an enhanced orb.

I am guessing a row doesn't count as 5 and won't activate the LS either, just like TPA.

Kyuur

Man, missing out on free stones right now. Shitty old iPhone doesn't want to connect to WiFi. :( Wish this ran via android emulation.

Evo'd Snow White yesterday and ult evo'd Graviton Earth Dragon as well. Feels good man.

Now to slowly grind Perseus/AvalonDrake/GuanYu And cross my fingers on pcgodfest. Thankfully evo carnivals have been good to me for materials.

Sadly, I may have fed my Tamadaras too freely. Just need to be patient now.

Azusa

Cleared Keeper of the Gold dungeon. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Maybe its because gold keepers aren't needed much and I have 5 of them.

Yesterday I have farmed FT4 using Ronia + 5 Rodins party. Easy and fast. In the end I have farmed only 55 pluses, didn't have much time. Very very soon my Dmeta will be +297 and I'll start using her in descends.

Also I'm really trying stop using Ronia team. GAF and PAD eng. forum posting so many cool non-Ronia teams but I'm stuck here with Ronia and Ronia's devils. At the moment I'm levelling my two Andromedas and blue subs. Also I have Lakshmi and I have read somewhere that two Andromedas are the best subs for Lakshmi team.

Jagernaut

Cleared Keeper of the Gold dungeon. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Maybe its because gold keepers aren't needed much and I have 5 of them.

Yesterday I have farmed FT4 using Ronia + 5 Rodins party. Easy and fast. In the end I have farmed only 55 pluses, didn't have much time. Very very soon my Dmeta will be +297 and I'll start using her in descends.

Also I'm really trying stop using Ronia team. GAF and PAD eng. forum posting so many cool non-Ronia teams but I'm stuck here with Ronia and Ronia's devils. At the moment I'm levelling my two Andromedas and blue subs. Also I have Lakshmi and I have read somewhere that two Andromedas are the best subs for Lakshmi team.

Ronia is awesome, if I can beat a dungeon with Ronia I will. I use her for Tuesday and Wednesday mythicals (I use Yamato for Thursday mythical and DTron for Friday mythical) and most descends, especially when hunting for orbs.

I don't take her to no rcv dungeons, I use Horus or U&Y instead.

jay23

The suspense of knowing whether or not l.meta made it in is killing me, gung ho pls hurry.

Is it safe to say that upgrading to Android 5.1.1 is going to break PAD until Gungho does an update
a month from now
?

I wouldn't update till they say its safe you'll be locked out for a while, happened to someone here.

J0dy77

The suspense of knowing whether or not l.meta made it in is killing me, gung ho pls hurry.

This brings up a thought, how does the PC Godfest roll chance get impacted by voting? Do we have the best chance of getting L. Khali or does every mob from 30 have the same chance of coming out? I'm sure no one truly knows outside of Gungho but there have to be some theories.

jay23

A lot of people already have Ltron and don't want her in the players choice but after 850 days I'm still lacking one.

If only there was a way for them to prevent so many dupes, there's too many monsters in this game for people to keep rolling the same shitty monster.
I'm not sure how often this happens but I see people complain about it all the time.

This brings up a thought, how does the PC Godfest roll chance get impacted by voting? Do we have the best chance of getting L. Khali or does every mob from 30 have the same chance of coming out? I'm sure no one truly knows outside of Gungho but there have to be some theories.

I'm sure every monster has the same chance of coming out, I don't think the top 5 cards have better odds or anything. This is something that wouldn't be a problem if they explained how the rem worked, and other aspects of the game.

Jagernaut

If only there was a way for them to prevent so many dupes, there's too many monsters in this game for people to keep rolling the same shitty monster.
I'm not sure how often this happens but I see people complain about it all the time.

I'm sure every monster has the same chance of coming out, I don't think the top 5 cards have better odds or anything. This is something that wouldn't be a problem if they explained how the rem worked, and other aspects of the game.

It would be nice if they all had the same odds but they may still be based on rarity. If so LKali as a 6 star would be rarer than the 5 star gods.

Edit. Ironically i have pulled 3 of the 6 star Light Zhuge Liang and no 5 star Green Zhuge Liang. I could find a use for extra GZL but not extra LZL.

I would think they all get the same increase relative to their rarity, and I've always assumed it's 3x, just like normal godfests. So it should be the same chance for any single monster.

Latest Japanese tier List

Judged by the following 3 the most:
Awoken Skill - Does it have better Awoken Skill (such as Skill boost, 2 Pring, Attribute Enhance)

Skill - Number of turns it takes at max skill level, or how effective is the skill.

Leader Skill - Damage magnifiers, and ease of activation

S Rank - All 3 of above are very powerful. Vegito and Awoken Ra are very popular, as many color combo damage mangifiers are strong.

A Rank - All 3 of above are very powerful, but can be difficult to use (ease of use), or difficult to obtain ideal subs. However with the ideal team, is comparable to a S Rank.

B Rank - Very Strong leader monster, but composition of team is more difficult than A Rank. Pandora and other Hero series are very strong, but since it is difficult to beat recent dungeons with things such as combo absorb and other gimmicks, they are rank B.

Leaders
S RANK
Awoken Ra
Vegito
Awoken Bastet
Juggler

A RANK
Light Kali
Awoken Parvati
Awoken Horus
Awoken Shiva
Gadeius
Ulti Goemon
Light Anubis
Awoken Lakschmi
Cloud (If Cloud System Part is Rank S)
Ulti Sarsvati*fixed

B Rank
Pandora
Wukong
Santa Sakuya
Verdandi
Urd
Skuld
Ilm
Sephiroth
Yuna
Soniagran

Subs
Subs are ranked based off 4 things. Skill, Awoken Skill, Status, and does Substitution Monster exist or not. Leader skill is not considered. I'm pretty sure Status means stats, no clue why Japanese people call it status.

Skill - Number of turns it takes at max skill level, or how effective is the skill.

Awoken Skill - Does it have better Awoken Skill (such as Skill boost, 2 Pring, Attribute Enhance)

Status - HP, Attack, RCV stats are all at least average, or otherwise has 1 Stat that is very high.

Substitution - Does it have any substitutes that you could use instead? Does it hold a unique skill that can't be replaced?

S Rank - Skill, Awoken Skill, Status are all very strong. No substitutions for that monster (is unique). Monsters with things such as 3x 2 Prongs, or stuff like Light Kali which has unique skills (not really sure what they meant by 固有スキル).

A Rank - 2 or 3 useful color orb changing skill. When compared to S Rank, it's awoken skill or status isn't as good. However, it has very little monster you can substitute it with and is very strong.

B Rank - Stuff like 5 turn orb conversion, double conversion, in general skills that are useful in tight situations. Can be used in many parties. Awoken Skills and status falls behind A rank monsters, and substitutes exist for this monster. Is a strong sub.
S Rank
Awoken Hinogakutschi
Liu Bei
Minerva
Bakyu
Dark Kali
Light Kali

A Rank
Red Sonia
Blue Sonia
Osiris
Ulti Sun Quan
Lei Lan
Karin
Meimei
Haku
Uld
Skuld
Verdandi
Ilm

B Rank
Fire Valkyire
Water Vaklyrie
Wood Valkyire
Dark Valkrie
Yomi
Pandora
Yamato Tkaeru
Andromeda
Perseus
Wukong
Dark Izanami
Ares
Hermes
Apollon
Persephone

hermit7

I don't know if there is a perfect answer.

padx thread has some discussion on it.

I plan to have this as my team:

Urd/Urd/hino/valk/A.Shiva/Urd

my current team is:

Urd/Urd/Hino/valk/Theur/Urd.

I have access to make a nim based team with cao cao, but even with the typing I find that hino and valk (not attackers and off color) do better damage and having a short orb changer and medium orb changer have been able to clear almost everything I've attempted.

I have yet to see anyone argue that you should not be using your second Urd - It makes a fantastic panic button in case you need emergency healing, extra damage, or to heal fully before spiking.

and the last thing: while urd seems to get beaten up for having less choices that her sisters (skuld and verdandi) I find that I have enough of the subs so that you can change your team as needed:

need a delay to dual spike a boss? cao cao
need on type boost team? nim+theur
how about an off color on type full bind and hp heal? atk ama
need insane hp? blue odin sub o.0

I was definitely not saying that I wouldn't level her. And I am enjoying the flexibility of subs considering red could be argued as the strongest of the rgb colors.

I do have a verdandi as well however and just having the one single on color sub (Lei bei) her hp still is well over.

razterik

Awoken Bastet, like Awoken Ra, can run almost everything in the game with the right subs. So yes, she's good. Besides, she's another vehicle for Liu Bei. JP loves triple TPA, as you can see in the S rank subs category. That isn't Minerva who's supposed to be there, it's actually Chibi Valkyrie. And Bakyu is the blue damage reducing monster hunter cat for anyone wondering.

Is Awoken Meimei as good as the Greek awokens? With the recent buff, two of her as leaders gives 51% damage reduction against light, dark, and green. That's pretty significant, especially considering the damage output she's capable of, with 12.5x ATK, double TPA, and 4 OE awakenings built in. I'm looking forward to trying that out.

jay23

Awoken Bastet, like Awoken Ra, can run almost everything in the game with the right subs. So yes, she's good. Besides, she's another vehicle for Liu Bei. JP loves triple TPA, as you can see in the S rank subs category. That isn't Minerva who's supposed to be there, it's actually Chibi Valkyrie. And Bakyu is the blue damage reducing monster hunter cat for anyone wondering.

Hope I can get at least 1 Liu Bei, I have 2 Bastet's but no other worthy wood monsters to create a decent team. Is awoken bastet a good sub for herself?

hermit7

Hope I can get at least 1 Liu Bei, I have 2 Bastet's but no other worthy wood monsters to create a decent team. Is awoken bastet a good sub for herself?

Ideally probably not. You're looking for more utility rather than 3 effects where attacks become multi hit, although her awoken skills are good especially with an extra second orb time movement.

I am planning on using this team with an awoken Bastet, verd, lei bei, mei mei, Ceres, flex. This would give me 2 board changers and good utility versus binds. I think I may add Kush in as a sub for her relatively short damage reduction and useful awakenings.

tr4656

Cool, thanks. I'm going to wait a few more days in case problems from other people come up.

Awoken Bastet is considered that good? Maybe I should invest in her wood subs some more - my current Bastet team is super dark heavy (like most of my teams).

Bastet has so much time extends and it just wrecks everything. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing her power.

Jagernaut

Bastet has so much time extends and it just wrecks everything. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing her power.

I looked at some YouTube videos by searching by her Japanese name 覚醒バステト (copy pasted from puzzledragonx since I don't read Japanese).

Seems like Verdandi and Liu Bei are staple team members and I have both. I'm lacking GZL and Perseus.

I would still use Awoken Horus when I get him, I find it easier to match colors than make 7 combos.

I looked at some YouTube videos by searching by her Japanese name 覚醒バステト (copy pasted from puzzledragonx since I don't read Japanese).

Seems like Verdandi and Liu Bei are staple team members and I have both. I'm lacking GZL and Perseus.

I would still use Awoken Horus when I get him, I find it easier to match colors than make 7 combos.

Shit I have all of that except for Perseus and Bastet herself.

Top Bottom