• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

That's a very nice Dark Izanami clear, hahaha. Also, easiest Challenge 10, Minerva/Neptune clear it with no plus eggs, can't even use Isis active because it would kill his team, etc.

Trolling aside, that's neat. I would use something easier, though.

yami4ct

I have to resist the siren song of the PAD Academy REM. It seems the only thing there that would really be of use to me is Athena and the chances of getting one are pretty much zero. I'll be much better served hoarding stones for a 3K Godfest.

Jagernaut

I have to resist the siren song of the PAD Academy REM. It seems the only thing there that would really be of use to me is Athena and the chances of getting one are pretty much zero. I'll be much better served hoarding stones for a 3K Godfest.

That chibi Chiyome with 3 two prongs would be great for my Krishna/Awoken Shiva teams. I have all of the other ninjas but Chiyome.

yami4ct

That chibi Chiyome with 3 two prongs would be great for my Krishna/Awoken Shiva teams. I have all of the other ninjas but Chiyome.

I'd like her as well, but I can't pull a full REM for 2 monsters. I'm still salty I've never pulled a ninja on the regular REM, though.

Zero_IYAD

How can a stylus improve your combos :>

tumblr_nq485vmBOM1srgzyyo1_1280.jpg

yami4ct

How often does the Best Friend selector reset in Japan? At the part of the game I'm at now, I'm always desperate for a Gadius that's always up, but there's \ the possibility that leader will change. If I want to change Best Friends later on, how long will I have to wait?

Ducarmel

How often does the Best Friend selector reset in Japan? At the part of the game I'm at now, I'm always desperate for a Gadius that's always up, but there's \ the possibility that leader will change. If I want to change Best Friends later on, how long will I have to wait?

Once I believe. You don't change best friends you choose another one. Who knows if we will get another reset probably just like present eggs.

coy

My goal the last two weeks has been to hyper Verdandi. She needs only two more skillups. Naturally, countless blue and red fruits dropped and I was only to get one of the skillups out of four green fruits before giving up. I especially wanted to get it done during 2.5x skillup but I'll live with a 10-turn board change for now.

Thankfully, I was able to uevo Liu Bei today and threw +240 eggs on him. With him, I finally feel like my Verdandi team is coming together. Once I get the rest of the mats, I'll have Parvati up with these two as subs. I am hoping for Michael or Perseus (or another Verdandi) from the REM to round out the team, though.

NineH

Man, I just fed 10 trifruits to Ronia. I probably should have checked before feeding since they rotated the skill. All that stamina wasted farming those red trifruits.

am_dragon

Haha xD
Seriously no! specially normal dungeons, I can trigger Bastet's combo almost every time, but that's pretty much it : )

I picked up a stylus about a week ago, not pad themed but recommended by a pad youtuber. I have trouble grabbing the wrong orb, and dropping orbs while moving. Have you had any of those problems? I've struggled with consistent combos and I know the stylus makes it much easier to see what's going on. I just keep dropping orbs mid movement and dying in situations that I could have easily cleared without the stylus.

When comboing what do you look for? I have Karin on my main accout, and l.Kali team on an alternative account. With the activation goal I usually have no problem setting up 6 combos or better. When I play Bastet or other straight combo leads I think that lack of a specific goal makes it harder for me to see the board in useful way. Any tips?

Jagernaut

Just went 5/10 on light fairies and max skilled Wukong, awesome. Just need 3 more skillups on mini DQXQ, don't have the regular version. Fruit dragons are taking longer, only Lemon is almost max skilled. Grape, the one I care most about only has 1 skillup.

Zero_IYAD

I picked up a stylus about a week ago, not pad themed but recommended by a pad youtuber. I have trouble grabbing the wrong orb, and dropping orbs while moving. Have you had any of those problems? I've struggled with consistent combos and I know the stylus makes it much easier to see what's going on. I just keep dropping orbs mid movement and dying in situations that I could have easily cleared without the stylus.

When comboing what do you look for? I have Karin on my main accout, and l.Kali team on an alternative account. With the activation goal I usually have no problem setting up 6 combos or better. When I play Bastet or other straight combo leads I think that lack of a specific goal makes it harder for me to see the board in useful way. Any tips?
I had the same problem on the 1st day only till I got used to the exact function of the stylus' "tip"..
I'm a huge DS/3DS user, so I'm used to play with a stylus, but I noticed the difference between my 3DS stylus & the Su-pen, they're not the same.
I've been using the Su-pen to draw on phone, lots & lots of sketches, I can now use it to type on my keyboard with no mistakes..
I think once you master drawing & typing, you'll master PAD-combos with a stylus : )

Regarding an advice, am not sure, I'm your opposite tho! I find it easier to trigger number-related-combos than color-specific-combos!
I don't "look" for anything in particular, just draw the 1st 3-4 combos in your head & go from there, once you arrange the combos you planned, you'll just "see" the other 4-6 & spend the remaining time trying to trigger that.
On my early days with PAD, someone here suggested the use of a pen & paper, I struggled with the descended monsters, so I had to use that till I got used to it & my brain now just "does" it : )

Kyuur

Found out today that you only have to beat Ocean of Heaven to unlock the Legend/Sky Dragons, Hera and Two Heroes, not Starlight Sanctuary like I thought. Blasting through Classic now so that I can get a Highlander for my Verdandi team and a Siegfried for my Chester team!

My only concern is that Hera might be a bit rough for me with my current Verdandi team:

Verdandi, Lemon Dragon, Godin, filler, filler, Verdandi

If I rank up a bit I might be able to fit Orochi in a filler slot. With the delay I can tank 2-3 hits and should be able to put out enough damage to kill her. Minerva might be a problem though.

Just got my Gadius evolved, awoken, and fed him the Snow globe dragon from the challenge dungeon. It seems like a really fun team, though without ideal subs, I definitely see some issues.

Since Gadius himself doesn't have any, the team lacks Skill Boosts. Once I've awoken Strawberry Dragon, it'll be better, but I'll still have to survive a few turns before the good skills are up. Yamato would be a huge help in that regard.

Tobe

Just went 5/10 on light fairies and max skilled Wukong, awesome. Just need 3 more skillups on mini DQXQ, don't have the regular version. Fruit dragons are taking longer, only Lemon is almost max skilled. Grape, the one I care most about only has 1 skillup.
got 5 fairies left and missing 1 skill up on wukong, my DQ max skilled easily during 2x

Jonsoncao

Banned
You're jon@gaf right? I just best friended you for your beelz/ronia. I think you mentioned you'll be running awoken Shiva too which I'll hopefully have when I get a Phoenix.

Please don't delete me lol

Hey thanks man. Sorry that I already used up my best frd circle with another two gaffer here.

Yeah. I have a +297 Shiva, and Piis await.

Mini 3k gods.

Was able to do this recently. Don't think I posted it.

Not sure what I am going to do with her because I have awoken ceres as well.

My Friday stable team has Ceres stapled for the good old first floor stalling strategy.

razterik

Challenges 6-10. Only one stone spent, on Challenge 10. Athena ate my hearts four times in a row, so I had to burst at 65% and hope for skyfalls. No such luck, got a Starburst. Might have taken her down with more power over Echidna, but she saved me trouble on Beelzebub, Ronia and Hera-Ur floors.

Wanted to run everything with Lakshmi for practice, but couldn't make it past 8 without a Skuld. 9 had Threedia, which was doable, but the rest was much better suited for Minerva. And couldn't find a decently plussed Neptune for 10.

Don't know why I didn't figure out that Parvati makes an excellent utility for 8 before this. Keeps you healthy early on and I used her to stash a heart row against Sandalphon before he bound half my team. Ceres leads come up a little short on his 10 turn bind.

jay23

Hey thanks man. Sorry that I already used up my best frd circle with another two gaffer here.

Yeah. I have a +297 Shiva, and Piis await

No worries man, I don't have any hyper maxed monsters so I don't expect to get best friended yet.

This team has been pretty consistent for me on Friday mythical.

Beelz/lu bu/ronia/Lilith/echidna/ronia

Had one instance of getting orb trolled in first round but still survived.

Tobe

Challenges 6-10. Only one stone spent, on Challenge 10. Athena ate my hearts four times in a row, so I had to burst at 65% and hope for skyfalls. No such luck, got a Starburst. Might have taken her down with more power over Echidna, but she saved me trouble on Beelzebub, Ronia and Hera-Ur floors.

Wanted to run everything with Lakshmi for practice, but couldn't make it past 8 without a Skuld. 9 had Threedia, which was doable, but the rest was much better suited for Minerva. And couldn't find a decently plussed Neptune for 10.

Don't know why I didn't figure out that Parvati makes an excellent utility for 8 before this. Keeps you healthy early on and I used her to stash a heart row against Sandalphon before he bound half my team. Ceres leads come up a little short on his 10 turn bind.

i can make challenge 10 team, dont have disco hera tho any replacement?

razterik

i can make challenge 10 team, dont have disco hera tho any replacement?

Shiva or Freyr? Horus would be okay, but his awakenings and RCV are terrible. Ultimate Lu Bu might work, extra oomph on Ronia boards. Only used boost on Beelzebub, Athena, and Ur, but my team was full +297s.

LuffyZoro

I had a week long absence because my phone broke... again, but I come back and find out that someone Best Friended me while I was gone. For Attackerasu, who I don't use except for S-Ranks and that I had been using when I stopped. Awkward.

Ducarmel

farming for Angelit all day only got 1 rest devils. I think i might just have to rely on pii's for L Kali skill up.
I had a week long absence because my phone broke... again, but I come back and find out that someone Best Friended me while I was gone. For Attackerasu, who I don't use except for S-Ranks and that I had been using when I stopped. Awkward.
you can always keep her in team slot 2 just for that one person.

Tobe

Shiva or Freyr? Horus would be okay, but his awakenings and RCV are terrible. Ultimate Lu Bu might work, extra oomph on Ronia boards. Only used boost on Beelzebub, Athena, and Ur, but my team was full +297s.

damn, no 297 on my red cards. i really need to focus on plussing now. im halfway haku and now she is kind of useless till the haku system gets to na.

razterik

I wouldn't say she's useless, only that the teams she's on aren't the cream of the crop anymore. Keeping my regular +297 and second max skill for now. Nothing A.Haku is on has really grabbed me yet and don't want to chuck skill up work.

You might still be able to take Challenge 10 without plus eggs, but it's likely going to cost a few stones. My team didn't oneshot any particular floor.

Finally got my JP Challenge 9 clear! Goemon so strong. Now attempting Challenge 10 if I can find a Minerva friend.

And done. 3 stones. Beelzebub while trying to clear poison orbs and heal. Olympios for completely missing the eight heart orbs on my board during a row combo. Hera-Ur survived two solid bursts with a small sliver of health. Not my finest run, but my first Challenge 10 clear for my JP non-IAP account.

Time for a break. No more pic spam, heh.

Azusa

Angelits hate me. I have cleared Friday dungeon 27 times and only 10 angelits dropped. My LKali needed only 2 skillups to max and I only got 1/10 :( I didn't have much time to continue farming, it was 3 am here.

What to do with my devilits army? If I sell them now I'll roll DKali in the nearest godfest for sure lol.

NineH

Angelits hate me. I have cleared Friday dungeon 27 times and only 10 angelits dropped. My LKali needed only 2 skillups to max and I only got 1/10 :( I didn't have much time to continue farming, it was 3 am here.

What to do with my devilits army? If I sell them now I'll roll DKali in the nearest godfest for sure lol.

I have the same dilemma, although I wish I had LKali and instead used my angelits for Raphael.

I'm up to 35 devilits but you're right, as soon as you sell them, Gung Ho will know so they will happily give you a DKali or Dmeta when you next roll.

coy

SV just happens to be on when I am taking a test for work (trying for a promotion). I won't miss the test but it does sting a bit. On weekdays, it is usually when I am working so I was excited to see it on a weekend. Maybe next time.

J. Bravo

anyone willing to add me as a friend? jbravogaf. I could use some strong monster help. pretty nooby now but I feel with some strong leaders I woould play more and get better lol.

edit: my leader is a lvl 30 Horus so I'm not totally useless...right? right?! haha
edit2: my ID is 343,878,300

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Important question:

Made it for the first time to the final stage of Challenge lvl 7. Before i do my final move can somehow help me out...will Osiris always do his Switch of Judgement ( 9497 ) attack before or can he also start with the 18K attack move ?

Edit:

Nevermind OHKO him without stalling. YES !!!

My first Challenge lvl 7 clear. I was thinking who i could bring to take out the KoG at the beginning...went oldschool and beat the stage with GZL. I really forgot how powerful dude is - i blame my Verdandi team for neglecting him. I also realized that i never used the GZL team with my new Liu Bei units...damage is lovely. A couple months ago i had like 14k HP when using now im at nearly 17K with my team and can tank some hits without Kushi.

quickmemo_2015-06-20-sju47.png
quickmemo_2015-06-20-t4uae.png

lol@final Verdandi board not even enough green for 2x TPAs - well it worked out with the boss being wood.

Woodpy get - my first one ever heh after 300 days.

Negator

I'm thinking about working on two green teams, one with Awoken Bastet with leader and one with Verdandi. Does anyone have advice for subs I should prioritize based on my box below?

A.Bastet/Verdandi/ALL YOUR LUI BEIS

I would kill for your green box ;_; Can't wait until 3k comes back, I might whale hard for some Liu Beis.

ZeroAKA

A.Bastet/Verdandi/ALL YOUR LUI BEIS

I would kill for your green box ;_; Can't wait until 3k comes back, I might whale hard for some Liu Beis.
That third one is actually one of those mini 3K gods. I'm mostly wondering if I should bother awakening/leveling all of my Verdandis and normal Liu Beis.

Negator

That third one is actually one of those mini 3K gods. I'm mostly wondering if I should bother awakening/leveling all of my Verdandis and normal Liu Beis.

Personally I think you should. Granted, I am rank 109, but I'm constantly seeing Awoken Bastet teams full of just nothing but verdandi and liu bei subs destroying everything in videos and streams.

Ducarmel

Yeah it took them a while to do it.

Going through the tech dungeons on my jp alt recently brought back memories of my early pad days going through some of them with dubs because I did not have a lot of blue main attributes to make a whole team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Was finally able to clear the Dark Knight as well.

quickmemo_2015-06-21-o5jla.png

First time i had some use for my Dark/Devil focused team....i really should level these guys at some point. Felt more powerful than expected...but then again this was no Mythical dungeon.

jay23

Nice, cleared it for the first time as well.

How does the game decide what 3 leaders are shown to your best friends, Is it first 2 slots and last used?

Someone actually best friended me lol

Top Bottom