• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

Three rolls so far and will probably waste my 4th on another silver egg. How viable are the Chibi Hero gods? Pandora's awoken skills are nice but not amazing, might be able to get away running the chibi version I'm thinking.

Kyuur

Accidentally went into Hera with no way to break Neptune's defense. :S I'm going to be here for a while.

Edit: Nevermind! Pulled off a miraculous 3x TPA + 12 combo. :D Thank you skyfall gods.

What did they do?
Hit the level cap at 999. The exp curve must be insane at those levels. Reminds me of when the first Japanese player reached level 200 in Phantasy Star Online.

But the pics of all those +297 sets of monsters seems even crazier to me. I mean, having so many surplus of +eggs that you hypermax full sets of Chasers and Mech Dragons?

scottnak

Yay, getting senpai didn't take too much trouble.
Forgot about the 2 turn slow down... just needed to put up Izanami before hand and then a Menace from Echidna, and I was set \o/

J0dy77

Three rolls so far and will probably waste my 4th on another silver egg. How viable are the Chibi Hero gods? Pandora's awoken skills are nice but not amazing, might be able to get away running the chibi version I'm thinking.

Made my fourth and last pull... Class monitor athena. And all I wanted was a hero God!! Too bad I don't have any wood teams to use her on.

coy

Made my fourth and last pull... Class monitor athena. And all I wanted was a hero God!! Too bad I don't have any wood teams to use her on.
You make me wanna pull more than once haha. Grats on Athena! Like Jager, I have multiple wood teams she'd slot in perfectly. I can only dream.

jiggle

my renewed addiction to FFXI kinda killed it for this game
so i pulled a couple of times just to use up the stones

main:
mini pandora
mini isis

alt:
chester
chester

meh

J0dy77

Lucky pull, I could use her in a lot of my wood teams: Verdandi, Awoken Parvati, Bastet, Vishnu.

You make me wanna pull more than once haha. Grats on Athena! Like Jager, I have multiple wood teams she'd slot in perfectly. I can only dream.

Don't have any of those leads. Really wish I could use her. I might try to for her into a future Ra or Horus team for the tpa. Maybe even U&Y.

razterik

Hit the level cap at 999. The exp curve must be insane at those levels. Reminds me of when the first Japanese player reached level 200 in Phantasy Star Online.

But the pics of all those +297 sets of monsters seems even crazier to me. I mean, having so many surplus of +eggs that you hypermax full sets of Chasers and Mech Dragons?

I think those are just spoils from running mech dragon rush a million times and saved for posterity.

Exponential exp curve is stupid.

Epic Drop

Two rolls on the academy rem.

First roll - silver egg. Chibi isis. Worthless (I've got the real one)

Second roll - gold egg! Yamato takeru. The only hero good I didn't want (already have one that is max skilled). Hope the "we'll make your dupes useful" thing that is supposed to be revealed in July is actually good. Or that I roll a gadius.

coy

Nice get with Isis!

I'll pull after work to save the disappointment for my gf to witness.
Got the Hero I wanted in Perseus. Too bad it is the mini version. My gf after the pull says: "Seriously?" I can only laugh. Good luck everyone else!

ZeroAKA

There should be another event/Godfest before the Academy REM goes away, right? I might hold off on spending my stones until then.

yami4ct

Did my 1 promised Academy REM Pull. Mini Perseus. Trap Confirmed. I shall do no more. I did my due diligence.

Now my wait for the next 3k Godfest continues.

am_dragon

One roll - Perseus, One of the 2 heroes I don't have very happy.

I'm going to try to avoid pulling more. I need to level and skill the stuff I have. I've been pining for an Isis since the Egyptians were first released, I was really hoping...

Woke up at 4am, couldn't get back to sleep. Started running 5x Tech's, managed to pull 45 pluses, and got the two Dubs I needed to evo Noah, and finally evo Awoken Lakshmi. I have no idea how I'm going to use her, watching youtube videos now. She was the 2nd god I pulled in this game, I've never used her.

Also I thought I'd give Awoken Ceres a run through Hera-Sowilo Mythical. A.Ceres, Athena, G.Odin, King Woodsie, Meimei. It was like cheat mode, I really enjoyed it, 75% damage reduction, almost unbind-able team with bind clears. It's nice to have a team that makes you laugh at a descended dungeon.

Got my 10 stones for 900 days. Getting tired of skipping so many Godfests and collabs, so decided to do a few pulls.

Mini Perseus
Mini Isis
Mini Pandora
Committee Athena!

Satisfied...

razterik

I'm weak to the Athena peer pressure. Pulled five times.

yamato
andromeda
amaterasu
isis
chiyome

Chibiyome is gold and triple TPA, so I guess that's okay. Will go on A.Shiva team eventually.

Now I'll have to IAP for stones whenever 3x normals get here. Haven't bought any in 6 months.

am_dragon

Got my 10 stones for 900 days. Getting tired of skipping so many Godfests and collabs, so decided to do a few pulls.

Mini Perseus
Mini Isis
Mini Pandora
Committee Athena!

Satisfied...

Congrats on the 900 days and Athena. I'm 27 days behind you. My kids keep asking when I'm going to get the Memorial TAMADRA, I hope they hand those out for us.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I was wondering... If you get a boss under 50% and he changes his type from fire to water.... Will he change back fire if he can heal back his hp to +50% or does it stay water for the rest of the fight ?

I was wondering... If you get a boss under 50% and he changes his type from fire to water.... Will he change back fire if he can heal back his hp to +50% or does it stay water for the rest of the fight ?

Stays that element for the rest of the fight once they change even if they heal up.

smbu2000

Decided to try out Sonia Gran for the first time since it's in the new Dragon Challenge dungeons and...

IMG_4803soniagran_zpsptozy8lo.jpg

No continue cleared it my first try, yay! Ronia was the only one I made a mistake on. It took 4 turns to take her out because I only got 5 combos on my 3rd turn. On Sonia Gran, my first turn using Hino Kagu's skill took off about 2/3rds or so of her HP and then I took her down on the next turn.

I've cleared every dungeon in the Dragon Challenge except for Dragon Rush (which I haven't tried) including Storm Dragon of the Holy Peak and Soaring Star Dragon. It's just too bad that I fed away my Threedia as I need to play it again to evo my Sonia Gran. I had already cleared it in the technical dungeons though. The other one was my first try at it.

razterik

Just finished the same thing for the first time with my Minerva team. A.Leilan is such a nice boost. Not sure about Dragon Rush either. I'd likely have no problems if I had a Tengu sub, but I've never managed to build a low cost team on my JP account. Should have tried to get one in the new Descend compilation, but I wouldn't have built him up enough yet anyway. Might try Goemon or A.Shiva, but Cao Cao is way under leveled. Want the exp from those present dragons.

zoku88

Finally beat academy on mythical.

Tried twice with U&Y and got embarrassing results because I suck, so decided to take a light meta team instead. I think it was my first time using that team for a mythical dungeon. Worked out better than I thought.

Did two pulls
Mini Pandora
Yamato takeru

The second should be pretty useful.

ZeroAKA

I forget, did P&D NA get the permanent 2x drop rate for daily dungeons yet? I'm trying to decide if I should do some Keeper farming today.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Mini Perseus
Mini Isis
Mini Pandora
Committee Athena!

Satisfied...
Wow congrats man...

Tried twice with U&Y and got embarrassing results because I suck, so decided to take a light meta team instead. I think it was my first time using that team for a mythical dungeon. Worked out better than I thought.

Did two pulls
Mini Pandora
Yamato takeru

Yeah, Yamato is pretty much a stapled sub for Minerva, or other fire row teams. As a lead with right subs, Th/Fri farming can be done within seconds.

coy

I need Yamato (well, any of the Heroes) in my life. Thankfully, Minerva eats up Mythical with Goemon/Ur/Freyr/Echidna on my team. Double Minerva trivializes floors 1, 3, and 4. Goemon+Ur+Freyr lights up Senpai with Echidna for insurance. I am aiming to max skill Ur but I am eyeing Diza as well.

linsivvi

I want to max skill Hera-Ur too but I will take advantage of Dark Bowl Dragon this week and can get Izanami as close to max skill as possible. Hopefully the next event is 2.5 skill up too.

hermit7

Was only going to roll 2 times but got on a gold egg run and was going to run until silver. Got Perseus sun workung and then a chibi Rodin. Stopped after that. May roll one or two more times but not until the end of the event.

cw_sasuke

Finally Zeus Mercury cleared !!

Cleared the stage for the first time even though i chose the wrong friend leader. I was gonna try Parvati/Parvati but chose instead a Verdandi friend...started the dungeon and was kinda pissed thinking i had wasted 50 stamina.
But it worked out great. Just enough HP to tank most hits but thanks to Parvati LS stalling/healing is easier than with a Verdandi team. It was an easy ride..when i got to Zeus i had all my active up lol.

Dont know why the Parvati/Verdandi combo dont get more love - but then again if you have enough HP running Double Parvati is probably better heh. Verdandis active in a Parvati team means more or less a cleared stage....love it.

Did two pulls
Mini Pandora
Yamato takeru

Uh oh i was also gonna try U&Y for the Academy stage at some point xD
Hope i dont have to waste much stamina on a clear.

PS. Congrats on Yamato pull and keep +egging Parvati... :-D

zoku88

I need Yamato (well, any of the Heroes) in my life. Thankfully, Minerva eats up Mythical with Goemon/Ur/Freyr/Echidna on my team. Double Minerva trivializes floors 1, 3, and 4. Goemon+Ur+Freyr lights up Senpai with Echidna for insurance. I am aiming to max skill Ur but I am eyeing Diza as well.
What do you do for senpai?

I'd imagine that it would be hard to heal 10k damage while she is in the red.

cw_sasuke

Hehe yeah HP wise is more or less another U&Y team where you have to +egg your team and/or have a defensive sub like Kushinada.

Gotta keep working on the team...great potential.

Top Bottom