• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Ducarmel

Yeah friends can see up to 3 leaders the first 2 slots and the one you currently using.

slot 2 I usually keep a niche leader I know they will use.

Edit: Anybody pulled on the Duel Master gotcha? I would not mind the orb changers if I could max skill them. Will wait for more results before I decide to pull.

Damn, I need one more skill up on Strawberry Dragon, but I also need to do what I can on challenge dungeons 7 and higher. I know I can do 7, not sure about the others.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Damn, I need one more skill up on Strawberry Dragon, but I also need to do what I can on challenge dungeons 7 and higher. I know I can do 7, not sure about the others.

Well if you can beat stage 8 with U&Y please let me know which team you used.

PS: Does it make sense to farm Hello Kitty for Kittyn & Mimmyna ? Only did the stage for stone clear last week but i would love to get that unit as well....unless its ultra rare then i wont bother.

Is the invade rate higher on higher difficulty ?

Ducarmel

Yeah the invades are higher in harder difficulties its true for all invade cards. I don't think its super rare it did drop for me 2 times all on natural stamina and it was not like i was farming Hello kitty I only ran it if I had stamina to burn and nothing to do before I go to bed.

But I have to say its kind of disappointing K&M did not get a busty when a lot of other invade only cards get them when collabs are updated. Its just a trophy imo if your on the fence about spending stamina/stones to get one.

Kyuur

Just got a green trifruit and Light Jewel from the pal egg machine

rng pls

I wish I had your luck. Need blue trifruit and water jewel, and don't see myself completing dungeons that give them anytime soon. :(

Does Academy's 3x Hero rates mean we won't be getting another GF for a while? Or is this more like an improved Gala.

Ducarmel

Its a special REM like Hello Kitty/Sticker Girls/Batman/etc its separate from the Official REM.

The 3x rate only affect the Pad Academy REM.

There will always be a godfest around the 1st and 15th of every month.

cw_sasuke

Yeah the invades are higher in harder difficulties its true for all invade cards. I don't think its super rare it did drop for me 2 times all on natural stamina and it was not like i was farming Hello kitty I only ran it if I had stamina to burn and nothing to do before I go to bed.

But I have to say its kind of disappointing K&M did not get a busty when a lot of other invade only cards get them when collabs are updated. Its just a trophy imo if your on the fence about spending stamina/stones to get one.

Hmm okay thanks for the info. But then again she could still get an UEvo down the line right ? I will be honest i doubt i will ever use her, i hate investing in cards that will be obsolete real quick...or already are like in this case.

Just max skilled my 2nd. Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao, this went very fast on natural stamina. 3/5 on my first attempt.

Dont even know what she is useful yet but having 2 of her max skilled should be good for light based teams down the line.

PS: They need to bring back Poring Tower xD

Negator

Was able to clear the first stage of Legendary Dragon Footprints and got the boss dragon guy at the end. Looked him up and it looks like he sucks :(

Is it better to get 3 Echidnas and level/evo them to awaken them over using Tamadras?

Kyuur

Its a special REM like Hello Kitty/Sticker Girls/Batman/etc its separate from the Official REM.

The 3x rate only affect the Pad Academy REM.

There will always be a godfest around the 1st and 15th of every month.

Wait, so you're guarenteed a god or chibi out of it (based on the list on PADX)? That almost seems better than godfest for me, since I have very few leaders / decent subs in my box as it stands. Hmm...

Was able to clear the first stage of Legendary Dragon Footprints and got the boss dragon guy at the end. Looked him up and it looks like he sucks :(

Is it better to get 3 Echidnas and level/evo them to awaken them over using Tamadras?

I would save Tamas for REM-only monsters.

yami4ct

Wait, so you're guarenteed a god or chibi out of it (based on the list on PADX)? That almost seems better than godfest for me, since I have very few leaders / decent subs in my box as it stands. Hmm...

It seems like very much a trap to me. If the rates are anything like Japan, there's as low as a 1/10 shot at a gold egg (Heroes, Chibi Rodin, Chibi Chiyomi, 7 Star Golds). The chibis, aside from Chiyome, seem kind of poor. Chiyome gets a pass because she has the double TPA. The 7-Stars rates I've seen quoted as low as 1/100 and 2 of those seem pretty crappy aside from the art. I think Godfests are gonna give much better monsters overall. Unless you specifically want a hero, you're probably better off there.

The only monster truly worth a ton from that REM seems to be Athena and the chances of actually pulling her are slim and none.

am_dragon

It seems like very much a trap to me. If the rates are anything like Japan, there's as low as a 1/10 shot at a gold egg (Heroes, Chibi Rodin, Chibi Chiyomi, 7 Star Golds). The chibis, aside from Chiyome, seem kind of poor. Chiyome gets a pass because she has the double TPA. The 7-Stars rates I've seen quoted as low as 1/100 and 2 of those seem pretty crappy aside from the art. I think Godfests are gonna give much better monsters overall. Unless you specifically want a hero, you're probably better off there.

The only monster truly worth a ton from that REM seems to be Athena and the chances of actually pulling her are slim and none.

FYI for new players the special REM is generally not your friend. Your best chance of getting leaders that will help you is in the Rate Egg Machine during god fests. I would recommend avoiding Special REM. I pulled Batman a bunch, as it was on of the first that I was really interested in and ended up with cards I rarely use. Another reason to avoid special REM is these cards may have no skill up monster available, meaning the long hard grind for pii's.

On another note 870 days in and I finally hit 200 Stamina. I don't know if that makes it easier to spend stones or not but I feel like I'm getting much more value when I do spend that stone on stamina.

I managed to get the last blue orb for awoken Lakshmi today, but I fed away my last yellow dub yesterday on a baby tamadra, so now can't evolve Noah, and I have to wait on Lakshmi... LOL bad planning.

yami4ct

FYI for new players the special REM is generally not your friend. Your best chance of getting leaders that will help you is in the Rate Egg Machine during god fests. I would recommend avoiding Special REM. I pulled Batman a bunch, as it was on of the first that I was really interested in and ended up with cards I rarely use. Another reason to avoid special REM is these cards may have no skill up monster available, meaning the long hard grind for pii's.

On another note 870 days in and I finally hit 200 Stamina. I don't know if that makes it easier to spend stones or not but I feel like I'm getting much more value when I do spend that stone on stamina.

I managed to get the last blue orb for awoken Lakshmi today, but I fed away my last yellow dub yesterday on a baby tamadra, so now can't evolve Noah, and I have to wait on Lakshmi... LOL bad planning.

The only special REM that I feel like was worth it in the long run was the revised Sticker Girl REM. It was hard to tell at the time how valuable the colored Valks would be and the fact that they are super rare to pull in the regular REM. It wasn't worth it at the time, but in the long run I wished I would've pulled that more and picked up Green or Blue Valk.

Negator

The game decided to be nice to me for once!

When it rains, it pours I guess.

q6f26NGl.jpg

hermit7

The only special REM that I feel like was worth it in the long run was the revised Sticker Girl REM. It was hard to tell at the time how valuable the colored Valks would be and the fact that they are super rare to pull in the regular REM. It wasn't worth it at the time, but in the long run I wished I would've pulled that more and picked up Green or Blue Valk.

Yeah I wish I would have pulled a green one at the very least. I have the blue and dark which have proved very useful on various teams and the green one would very useful for my box.

A.Karin~!

Time for an avatar change, Cosmo? Heh.

Hope she's good (blue rows plz), glad they went with the spunky version.

heck yeah

Maybe they're going to pull an Egyptian uvo and have the second material come from an as-yet-unrevealed descended, cause I cannot place the ring of skulls from anything for the life of me.

Negator

Do we know her stats yet? Might be tempting to roll for her when Chinese Godfest is up.

Anyone else going to throw away 5 stones at the PAD Academy REM? Figure I'd at least try once.

yami4ct

Maybe I can finally make use if the fact that I have 2 Karins!

Who am I kidding, I'll just run the one on my Lakshmi team.

Do we know her stats yet? Might be tempting to roll for her when Chinese Godfest is up.

Anyone else going to throw away 5 stones at the PAD Academy REM? Figure I'd at least try once.

Sure, I don't mind entering into a blood pact for a single roll on pad acad, give a time for the tears and I'll be on it. Maybe when the livestream does it's roll?

yami4ct

Sure, I don't mind entering into a blood pact for a single roll on pad acad, give a time for the tears and I'll be on it. Maybe when the livestream does it's roll?

I have to hold out. A 3K Godfest is gonna be the most help for me.

I'll pull once with you guys. I guess I could use a Chiyome, Perseus or Andromeda. Also, Athena calls to me

This means kirin will get her awoken form sooner than we expected right?

Right guys?

Pls gung ho

I bet her Ult pushed her back even further. There's no way they'll Awaken her anytime soon. I bet they'll do it at the end of whatever series they do next.

FZZ

Banned
Gonna do one roll for PAD academy. My first roll on JP netted me the chibi rodin so I am hoping the rng is in my favor this time as well.

Azusa

Hera-Ur skillup dungeon is up but 2.5x skillup rate is over. I hope the new event starts soon.

I have managed to max my black fruit dragon and levelled skills for all others up to lvl 5. Really I don't know if I'll use any of fruit dragons at all.

Quantum

kinda not caring about the game as much as of late - hence less posts with concerns.

2 rolls:

chibi yamato, chibi andromeda.

not buying stones for this, none of the REM really excel.

J0dy77

Rolled twice and got a chibi Isis and Chibi Pandora. Think I'm going to dump my remaining stones on this. The Hero cards are all I really want these days since Godfest exclusives just don't exist for me.

cw_sasuke

Did a single pull on the Academy Hatcher and got Pandora .... Didnt knew you could get regular Hero gods from the machina. Its been some time since i got a good Gacha pull so im happy,

Timing could be better though since we just had Shadow Sprite lol.

Jagernaut

2 rolls

1. Chibi Isis - meh
2. Gold egg, gets excited - regular Wukong, would be nice but I already have 2. Dammit, why not the ones I don't have - Pandora, Andromeda, and Perseus.

Ducarmel

Just got into this...got some high level pulls, but their cost is going to prohibit me from using them for the foreseeable future :-(

During the weekends if you are willing to suck it up and grind for ranks up, playing Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower will get you quickly to around rank 80. Then try getting to the tier 5 dungeons for consistent exp farming for more rank up.

Did they change the drop rate for rare evo materials from the PAL machine? Pulled ten times this morning and never got anything higher than a star egg; I used to have better luck than this.

Top Bottom