• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Going to make a Yamato team for farming Thursday/friday dungeons.

I have:
Yamato
Ronia x2
Chiyome x2
Belial
Freyr
Leilan
Hera
Gigas

I was thinking
Yamato, Ronia, Chiyome, Leilan, Freyr, Yamato

I was thinking freyr over Gigas because the rows and skill ups.

hermit7

I have:
Yamato
Ronia x2
Chiyome x2
Belial
Freyr
Leilan
Hera
Gigas

I was thinking

I would take off the Ronia, and add in another short cooldown orb changer. Ronia's is too long for that sort of dungeon. Gigas RCV is not too big an issue so long as you can activate Yamato every turn.

I run Urd on Thursdays and it is pretty simple with Minerva and Chiyome as my 5 or 6 turn orb changers.

coy

I want to max skill Hera-Ur too but I will take advantage of Dark Bowl Dragon this week and can get Izanami as close to max skill as possible. Hopefully the next event is 2.5 skill up too.
This is my thinking as well. A 3-turn defensive skill up every 6 turns would be most welcome. And yeah, I plan on saving the drops for the next 2.5x skillup window.

What do you do for senpai?

I'd imagine that it would be hard to heal 10k damage while she is in the red.
For Senpai, all your skills should be up (can stall easily FL4 and you may only need to use 1 Minerva skill on FL5) then I can take 2 hits with some healing (18886 HP with hyper friend) before needing to delay; if you do big damage initially and upset her, go straight to delay. Use Echidna+Freyr, then Goemon+Ur for big burst. If that doesn't kill, both Minerva actives should be ready along with 2 more turns of Freyr enhancement.

I was able to kill Senpai this morning w/o the final burst as I had a good board plus skyfall for each Minerva active. So far, no wipes on this dungeon.

Edit: I can get godly combo counts on the tricolor non-Mythical bowl dungeon but my latest Mythical run had 2 separate floors where skyfall didn't do shit. Not cool.

jay23

Failed Noah mythical 3 times today, first time made it all the way and choked on a perfect board.

I'm still bad with combo leads, not terrible anymore like i used to be but still very inconsistent. Need more time extends or something.

razterik

dfZdBGLl.jpg

Was going so well, too. Made a row and one TPA with 7 combo. Not enough damage, even with enhance. Wonder if making two TPAs and one match would have been better, but I didn't have any plus eggs on Shivas.

Round 2, success. Tried to poke Zaerog down first turn this time. Hit two red TPAs, then got a 13 combo skyfall with three more red matches. So shocked that I blew my pic, heh.

I suppose I should eat some crow over my A.Shiva complaints, but I still wish he was a red row leader. Gadius ended up stealing his spot.

yami4ct

I need 29 Tamas for my Devil team. Ow. That's not gonna be fun.

In slightly better news, the only rare mats I need for it are 1 Blue Jewel for Beelzebub, 4 Red Fruits for Ronia and a Devilit for Lu Bu.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why do i suck so much :-/
Could have easily cleared Dialgados Mythical but i was again to greedy with my actives...at stage 4 and with all available -.-
Double blue rows on A.Karin. Yay!

Poison resist x2 is odd, but fine since I hate that orb change.

Dragon/attacker.

Man...had hoped for Healer she would have been great on a Andromeda/SQ team.

Pad Academy isn't as fun as I thought it would be, more of a pain in the ass since I rather be using my stam on +eggs instead of this. It also lags my phone, whats up with that?

Heh yeah Christmas Hera was more fun xD

btw. how high is your team dmg with a full board like this ?

Why do i suck so much :-/
Could have easily cleared Dialgados Mythical but i was again to greedy with my actives...at stage 4 and with all available -.-

Man...had hoped for Healer she would have been great on a Andromeda/SQ team.

Heh yeah Christmas Hera was more fun xD

btw. how high is your team dmg with a full board like this ?

Around ~930k on both Metatrons since they're hyper maxed. The others likely around upper 800k each, so 5-6 million in total about. I get more if I made 2-3 rows with DQ but this is just feels a lot cooler.

J0dy77

I have:
Yamato
Ronia x2
Chiyome x2
Belial
Freyr
Leilan
Hera
Gigas

I was thinking

Ideal farm teams for Thursday and Friday have Echidna and a red orb enhance. My 100% fool proof friday team goes like this:

Yamato x2, Echidna, DQ-Hera, Suzaku and Lilith. The key for Friday is to hit the magic 8 "Skill cooldown" awakenings with yamato and 2 more cards. This allows Echidna and Lilith (max skilled) to be ready after turn 2. The strategy goes like this:

Round 1: if you have 6 red orbs, do a single row match. If not enough red use Yamato.
Round 2: match one set of any orbs on turn 2, Lilith and Echidna are now active... use lilith turn 3.
Round 3: Use Echidna, bring down the right dub, then the left, then match until echidna and lilith come back. Use a row of hearts to remove bind or just wait it out. You don't really have to wait here, burst through if you feel like. I usually wait just to be extra safe in round 4.
Round 4: Use Echidna if you waited. I use Suzaku, Yamato, DQ Hera combo and one shot the final round. Really simple and safe this way. Waiting for delay to come back just helps if you get orb trolled by your burst combo.

Friday dungeon is even easier since you don't need lilith poison, just bring another orb changer and burst through. Definitely bring echidna for delay on the last round though.

jay23

So I eventually beat Noah on mythical last night after I stopped rushing my moves and started planning them better. Even saw Phoenix( only reason I was running this) but of course it didn't drop.

Pad Academy isn't as fun as I thought it would be, more of a pain in the ass since I rather be using my stam on +eggs instead of this. It also lags my phone, whats up with that?

Same thing happens to me that dungeon really isn't fun at all.

Negator

Am finally able to kind of farm Legendary Dragon's Footprints. Now if only these damn Succubus would drop!

The XP isn't bad either.

Edit: Damn. Doing it 3 times ranks me up. Amazing. I can rank up, do it twice, wait for the last bit of stamina, do it again, then do it twice more, then wait. Hopefully the loop doesn't close anytime soon!

coy

Am finally able to kind of farm Legendary Dragon's Footprints. Now if only these damn Succubus would drop!

The XP isn't bad either.

Edit: Damn. Doing it 3 times ranks me up. Amazing. I can rank up, do it twice, wait for the last bit of stamina, do it again, then do it twice more, then wait. Hopefully the loop doesn't close anytime soon!
Here's a handy guide from pdx to help you with rank xp.

I fell asleep after work and did not get a crack at Zeus Mercury. He's all I need for Awoken Neptune. Maybe when the next event hits he'll show again.

ZeroAKA

New event:
11035585_1088290054532919_2116326209197914091_n.png

*Summer Session*
[Duration]: 6/26 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 7/5 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Summer school can put a serious cramp on all your summer plans… but not at PAD Academy! The best and only place to get that extra studying in for your orb mastery, visiting PAD Academy is an exclusive and once-in-a-lifetime experience.

While featuring the special Collab and Rare Egg Machine, the Summer Session event will feature a host of new activities for you to learn and take part in. Now get to class!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
6/26 - 7/5 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Crunch Time!
It may be Summer School, but you still have to study for finals! Best to get your preparation in now for the gruesome challenges ahead!

6/26 - 6/27 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
6/28 - 6/29 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
6/30 - 7/1 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
7/2 - 7/3 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*

■③ Dragon Challenge!
The best way to defeat a dragon is to study its weaknesses! You’ve faced these enemies before, but can you handle them all at once? Be sure to see our upcoming Facebook post for more details.

6/29 - 7/5 - Dragon Challenge!

■④ History Lesson
Some of the best dungeons of Puzzle & Dragons are some of the very first! Blade of Justice and Dragon Guardian make their return for this event.

6/27 - 6/29 - Blade of Justice
7/3 - 7/5 - Watery Temptress

■⑤ Special Event Content
An ancient wonder shall appear before your eyes, as well as rare gems of power!

6/26 - 6/28 - ?????????????
6/30 - 7/5 - Gift from the Holy Beasts

■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 6/26 to 7/5!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
6/26 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
6/27 - Satan Descended!
6/28 - Wadatsumi Descended!
6/29 - Kanetsugu!
6/30 - Izanami Descended!
7/1 - Cauchemar Descended!
7/2 - The Goddess Descended!
7/3 - Mephisto Descended!
7/4 - Zeus Vulcan Descended!
7/4 - Zhang Fei!!
7/5 - Heracles Descended!
7/5 - Tengu!!!

■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
6/26 - 7/5 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons [extends until 7/6 (Mon), 12:00 PM PDT]
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon
here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t
Please tell me that "?????????????" is the Sphinx.

Jonsoncao

Banned
New event:

Please tell me that "?????????????" is the Sphinx.

Unless Gungho NA does something extraordinary to push Sphinx forward, which is extremely unlikely to be case, the question marks should be Zeus & Hera...

Gungho NA normally follows the order of the Jp releases, Sonia Gran->Zeus Hera->Kaguya->Sphinx.

The only exception was Zeus Mercury IIRC, because of the release of A. Neptune.

Reference: http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/version

EDIT: still no 3x normal...

ZeroAKA

Unless Gungho NA does something extraordinary to push Sphinx forward, which is extremely unlikely to be case, the question marks should be Zeus & Hera...

Gungho NA normally follows the order of the Jp releases, Sonia Gran->Zeus Hera->Kaguya->Sphinx.

The only exception was Zeus Mercury IIRC, because of the release of A. Neptune.

Reference: http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/version
The description about an "ancient wonder" made me instantly think of Sphinx. Didn't the awoken Egyptian gods already get downloaded into the NA client too?

razterik

Still no 3x normals or even 2x coin dungeons!?

Fucking FAIL.

UGH, no pii Challenge dungeon set either. JP never skips these during events, but we've missed two in the last month.

A.Karin lost a poison resist and gained a second skill boost. Eh.

Vishnu is amazing. Sub everywhere. Active change to increased green skyfall and now spawns two random green orbs. Buff to Sara and Krishna maybe?

cw_sasuke

Oh shit I can't wait for that Vishnu Uevo. So glad that I have him now... Everything that I wanted Attacker type and UUU.

Perfection.

razterik

New JP Challenge dungeon rewards:

10 - Tamadra with 30 HP + eggs
9 - Tamadra with 30 ATK + eggs
8 - Tamadra with 30 RCV + eggs
7-5 - jewels
4-1 - usual stuff

No more piis?

NA due date: 2017, lol

Wood Attacker with Prongs? It's almost as if this were a running theme. Maybe this is something that other elements and typings could learn from, HMMMMMMMM.

smbu2000

Round 2, success. Tried to poke Zaerog down first turn this time. Hit two red TPAs, then got a 13 combo skyfall with three more red matches. So shocked that I blew my pic, heh.

I suppose I should eat some crow over my A.Shiva complaints, but I still wish he was a red row leader. Gadius ended up stealing his spot.

Congrats on the clear!

I also managed to clear Dragon Rush. My first time clearing it. I subbed out Liu Bei and put in SQ. His delay really helped on the boss. I didn't take him out on that turn, but one shot from Trunks finished him off.
I'm glad I was able to pick up the orb, 2 noels and the stone for clearing all of the dragon challenge dungeons.

Jagernaut

Vishnu ultimate is great (I need to finish skilling up mine) but why did only him and Ganesha get new awakenings? What about the other Indian 2.0 gods?

zoku88

Vishnu ultimate is great (I need to finish skilling up mine) but why did only him and Ganesha get new awakenings? What about the other Indian 2.0 gods?
Probably because they got new leader skills. Looks like his stayed the same.

I really wish I skilled my Indian gods when I had the chance. Now I need to spend major coin

Ducarmel

Yeah gungho has established rules on getting extra awakenings.

If your leader skill does not change you get 2 extra awakenings, if part of your ultimate evolution requires a jewel you get one for each jewel.

saichi

Oh shit I can't wait for that Vishnu Uevo. So glad that I have him now... Everything that I wanted Attacker type and UUU.

Perfection.

You have Vishnu too? You really had the perfect streak for the green team ;)

New JP Challenge dungeon rewards:

10 - Tamadra with 30 HP + eggs
9 - Tamadra with 30 ATK + eggs
8 - Tamadra with 30 RCV + eggs
7-5 - jewels
4-1 - usual stuff

No more piis?

NA due date: 2017, lol

Where am I gonna get any Piis now? :(

cw_sasuke

You have Vishnu too? You really had the perfect streak for the green team ;)

Where am I gonna get any Piis now? :(
Yeah I have most good green subs, the only essential one I'm missing are Sasuke and Ceres I think. Well and Gronia and Michael if they are good... But I have most of the TPA units.

I sometimes feel like I should just go all green and +egg my green units instead of trying to invest in other units as well. Even thought of sacrificing my Hypermaxed U&Y for Awoken Bastet or Liu Bei... I know I'm a terrible person. But then again I have another max lvl and skilled U&Y so I still could use the team... Even if it's a bit weaker.

BTW. I hope they don't expect us to clear that Uber hard technical dungeon for Piis now :eek:

mike23

Wow, I've been running it to level up every day since the dungeon rotation. I haven't seen one yet.

I don't want to rub it in, but I got a 3rd when I did another 6 runs last night after my stamina refreshed a bit.

Vishnu Ult looks amazing.

I'm wondering if it would be worth running two at max skill on a Verdandi or GZL team.

Maybe Verdandi/LB/Vish/Vish/GZL/Verdandi?
or GZL/LB/LB/Vish/Vish/GZL

The stamina to max skill two would be outrageous though.

cw_sasuke

Sometime I hate Verdandi... Providing me with less than 6 green orbs twice in a dungeon... Way to kill my vibe girl.

jay23

Cleared Sandolphon mythical today, it took me 1 stone because I got a shitty Haku board(happens very often) on Raphael. Used Thanatos and sun quan on my beelz team.

Probably should have used my healer team instead

Ducarmel

So, my current team is LZL/SQ/Valk/DQXQ/Echidna, usually using a LMeta friend, but I'm interested in seeing if there's any other teams I should look into. Also, would it be possible for me to beat Friday mythical at this point?

Here's my up to date Padherder.

Friday dungeon is easy with max skilled Lilith and Echidna and 8 skill boost.

But I cant think of any teams in your box that can do that.

You can try the Zeus teams instead of Isis use Amaterasu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MouE7uYykA

Jagernaut

Friday dungeon is easy with max skilled Lilith and Echidna and 8 skill boost.

But I cant think of any teams in your box that can do that.

He has Dark Metatron, 2 ultimate Dtrons will give you 6 skill boosts. I use Dtron/Haku/Hanzo and 2 max skilled Liliths for easy clears.

Top Bottom