• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Ducarmel

Is kaguyahime worth anything?

I got a plus egg drop and wondering if I should just fuse her or not...

She is farmable, if she is not worth anything to you and the plus is more important, feed her away.

At best she is a filler sub for green teams if you have nothing better.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Mythical is actually pretty difficult, like way harder than Legendary. Not sure if other people experienced that as well.

Here is a possible non-IAP (very) stable team for Kaguya-hime mythical I just adapted from a Japan non-IAP guy's vid.

KS1CPnV.png

M7858c1.png

Prerequisites:
All cards max skilled here in my team, but Beelz, Ronia, and/or Lu Bu not being max skilled shall be fine. Key members are Echidna, Duke, and DJ.

You can replace Lu Bu with chibi Lu Bu for a pure non-IAP team (nothing changes essentially).

Here is the guide:
Floor 1: kill asap.

Floor 2: Bring down below 50% HP, he'll use the wrath, which earns you another 3 turns, then kill. (Total 5-6 turns here, Duke and DJ must be up)

Floor 3: DJ->Duke, aim Yomi and do mass attack to kill the goblins. Yomi will use her skill and do nothing, which earns another 2 free turns. (Total 3-4 turns here)

Floor 4: On the 1st turn, attack normally but not too many comboing. Waiting for Hanzo use his first slash, attack normally but not too strong to bring him down under 50%. Use a DJ here whenever there are many light orbs present.
Hanzo will use a full board jammer on his second turn, use Echidna here. Now you have actually 7 turns to kill (5 turns after Echidna, and 2 free turns when Hanzo uses Blood of Iga ). DJ should be up again. (Total up to 11 turns here)

Floor 5: Attack normally but not too strong to bring her down under 40%. Wait for her to change dark to light, then use DJ->Duke->Beelz to kill.

Floor 6: If she uses 99% gravity, Echidna immediately. If she uses other skills, your HP should be way over 30k to tank 2-3 turns especially considering she will convert some heart orbs for you. Now that Echidna should be up again if max skilled, delay->Ronia->Lu Bu for the kill to avoid the resolve skill. Use combos not rows. If you couldn't OHKO, DJ, Duke, and Beelz (if max skilled) should be up again for another burst while she is light att.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Cleared legend and got the yomi tamadra + kaguya

I used kirin/l.Kali/apollo/athena/sun quan/kirin

Had to do it without using any active skills, I didn't know when to stall lol.

I'll give mythical a try later for the stone but that seems a lot more difficult.

I used Kirin to breeze through Legendary as well earlier today, but had trouble w/ Mythical...Esp Floor 5, I need some luck to either (1) bring Ama down OHKO or (2) activate 25x but not too much and tank 2 hits.

am_dragon

Beat legend with Verdandi. Beat mythical with Kali.

Do you lack an ulted Angelion?

I actually used Kali/Angelion/Diza/SunQuan/LZL/Kali

Forgot Angelion interferes with Kali but the skill still saved me thanks to sky fall. You wouldn't have that issue with Kirin. Diza is a lifesaver of Amaterasu floor.

Hey thanks that's all I needed, it was a tad stressful but I made it through with this unorthodox team.

NSyMca8l.jpg

bopa6pIl.jpg

On another note I waltzed through satan with Athena/Valk/Wukong/MeiMei/Verchie/Athena. That 2 prong power is real.

yami4ct

Beat Satan like 7 times and got zero blue jewel invades. Ugh. Desire sensor in full effect.

Edit:

Missed that Gift From the Holy Beast is coming. Well, that was some wasted stamina. Oh well, I at least got a Vamp skill up

Beat Satan like 7 times and got zero blue jewel invades. Ugh. Desire sensor in full effect.
Yeah. Past day has been pretty shitty for me after getting 4 red jewels in only 8 runs the day before. 0 blues and I needed absolutely nothing else from Satan's dungeon. Only ran it since it's such an easy and fast clear.

Also I'm 0/21 on Dancing Queen skillups. Really sucks because there's nothing else I want from that dungeon either. Even during 2x drops, I usually only get a carbuncle and Senpai.

Kamui's survey dungeon is almost here. Time to skill him up and never use him. :x
Heh. I somehow have 2 max-skilled Kamuis after all this time without a dedicated dungeon. And yeah, I never use them. Will clear for the stone and TAMA of course.

coy

Yeah. Past day has been pretty shitty for me after getting 4 red jewels in only 8 runs the day before. 0 blues and I needed absolutely nothing else from Satan's dungeon. Only ran it since it's such an easy and fast clear.

Also I'm 0/21 on Dancing Queen skillups. Really sucks because there's nothing else I want from that dungeon either. Even during 2x drops, I usually only get a carbuncle and Senpai.

Heh. I somehow have 2 max-skilled Kamuis after all this time without a dedicated dungeon. And yeah, I never use them. Will clear for the stone and TAMA of course.

*stares at 15 Senpais in the box*

I think I'll hold off til 2.5x returns. I was hoping these would be enough to max skill Ur. After I got Gigas invade, I no longer run the dungeon.

I'm still green jewel starved. Even with the freebie coming, I need one more for Parvati. The team looks real fun to use and I think I have a good team for her. And with Vishnu's buff, I am eagerly waiting for an Indian 2.0 godfest.

Edit: I thought Ur can be skilled to 10 turns but I looked it up and it says 8 turns which is great. I probably have to run the dungeon for more, though.

Finally making use of all of my Green Subs.

Levelling, awakening and skilling up my Verdandi team.

Verdandi, Verdandi, Liu Bei, Vishnu, Meimei

What I really like about this team is all these subs are useful on a Vishnu team, Awoken Parvati team(have two), and hopefully one day I pull a Bastet.

Verdandi will probably become my new farming main when the team is fully awoken I also have L Kali, Ra, Ronia Beezle as other leaders. Need green friend leaders.

coy

I think they lowered her max CD with the last update, IIRC. I think 10 was the old one.
Good to know. Now to pray for a quick return of 2.5x skillup rate.

I also got lucky with a PAL pull and got a green jewel! It was the only gold to appear of the 10 so I thought there was no chance it was what I needed.

yami4ct

Of course the Lu Bu skillup dungeon hits the same time as the Dragon challenge. Hopefully I get his few skillups quickly, but I suspect it won't happen. Yet another Challenge Dungeon I'll probably have to miss. GungTroll sure loves running limited dungeons concurrently, don't they.

I clear Satan like it's nothing with L.Kali, so it definitely wasn't difficult to do. Only place I get in trouble is if I get a bad Kali board on Satan himself, but I have 3 Kalis up by that time so the chance of getting screwed are nearly zero.

I only need 1 blue jewel for my Beelzebub team. I do need quite a few to do my Awoken Ra, Shiva and Lakshmi teams, but I'm just worrying about once thing at a time.

razterik

I think Gang Leader Gigas is inferior to regular Gigas in most cases. Most red teams don't really need the extra row and the loss in HP/RCV is huge. I'm keeping one max skill on the off chance I need it, but I can't figure where to use it besides a dark boost lead with red subs (like Hades subbing Ronia, Rodin, etc).

At least PAD Academy is somewhat generous with fairy drops, Mythical has been giving me around 30%. Edit: Three more runs for two skill ups. Hyper DQ Ur done!

New pig girl and lizard descend in JP was easy with Minerva. It's surprising how useful she still is as a lead despite the months of power creep since her Awoken.

Of course the Lu Bu skillup dungeon hits the same time as the Dragon challenge. Hopefully I get his few skillups quickly, but I suspect it won't happen.

Ice Knight survey? It's Grape Dragon skill ups, actually. Shadron hasn't won a survey vote (and I'm not sure he will at this point).

yami4ct

I'm starting to see why Beelzebub teams are so good for farming. I'm not even close to full ultimate evolved, plused or leveled and I've already got 20k HP pairing with a Ronia. He's gonna outstrip my other leaders on HP by a huge margin.

I was gonna save my stones for the next 3K godfest, but looking at how good Vishnu just got made me realize how close to a great A.Bastet team I am. If I had Meimei it'd be perfect. Hmmmm. I could also use Minerva, Haku and maybe a Ceres, Hades or Venus. Perhaps this is worth rolling after all.

Ice Knight survey? It's Grape Dragon skill ups, actually. Shadron hasn't won a survey vote (and I'm not sure he will at this point).

You're totally right. For some reasons I thought all the Shield skill up monsters were 3K skill ups. Guess I'm free to run it for the stone and forget about it!

am_dragon

Jewel fever is hitting me too. I have awoken versions of Minerva, Hades, Ceres and Lakshmi. I have mats for Parvati, minus one green jewel, spent 2 stones trying to get one today, no luck. I wanted to get a red jewel from holy beasts for Shiva, but with Bastet a couple weeks out I have some time I guess. Tempted to wait on Parvati since i only have 1 of her and she is max skilled. Then I'm ready for Bastet day one. Also I have 3 Bastets so I don't have to de-evo and loose the work I put into max skilling.

I really just need to keep running the coin alts for xp and maybe someday a pii. I've increased my player rank 10 levels in the last week running coin alts. Still no Pii sighting.

smbu2000

The other day I played the Descend Carnival Guerilla a lot. Picked up the two characters I needed for A.Haku, the ones for A.Meimei and the Medjedra I need for A.Bastet. Took me awhile as the D.Xuanzang I needed for Haku wouldn't show up (the Light one kept coming out) and the boss of the Sanjo one (Zhou Yu) wouldn't drop for me. He's also a pain to level up as he goes up to level 70 and requires over 1.6million exp. before you can evo him. Luckily his evo materials aren't hard to get.

Close to finishing off my A.Haku and A.Bastet though. Very happy I was able to pick them up.

I'll be sad to lose the max skill I have on both of them, but I have woodpys for Bastet and hopefully some of my jewels will skill up Haku. I've started giving my badpys to A.Anubis now that my Vegeta #2 is max skilled so I don't have any at the moment.

Also got the 600 day bonus on my main account. Looking forward to the 4x on the GF only characters.

Picked up the characters for A.Meimei on my iPad, too.

edit: Also max skilled my Rodin #1 (iPhone) from Legendary Seaway. Now it's time to work on Rodin #2.

razterik

They had 4x on 4 voted exclusives during a carnival once that overlapped with normal Godfest. Not sure how the pull rates ended up.

Don't know if the 4x will be enough to cover for normal pantheons boosted at 2x. Could be a lot of silver/star eggs between exclusive golds.

Will have enough for four rolls on the second day, will try my luck then.

Azusa

I have tried to kill Hera-senpai on hardest level with my Ronia team and failed. Then I have failed 3 more times with my LKali team (class dismissed x2 and morning star). But then I saw Antono Athena run. Why its so easy for him...

So yesterday I have used my Lakshmi team for a first time. Finally its done. The only problem this team has is unskilled Andro. Blue sprite dungeon, pls.

Negator

Went into Blade of Justice on 2x drop and got my Light Mystic Knight.

Went into Cold Steel and Blue Mystic Knight dropped on Expert on the first clear.

I'm okay with this.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is the Tama Retreat time for group C on PadGuide right ? Seems wrong because normally it way later...hmm...

Ducarmel

Usually double damage reduction team or a team that can do some combination of a high damage multiplier with tpa or rows that can ohko on every floor. Also hyper max preferable.

You have Awoken Hades depending on the invade on floor 2 you can do devil rush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8FZWJXixiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIH9m6IRjoU <--fat king metal invaded this one.

Awoken Hades doing god rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAIOarDasAE

Awoken Hades Hera rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8uSLESzrE

I cant find one doing true dragon rush but here is a Pandora team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQilcCbHfL4

Pandora doing devil rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gwsarVEryI

Pandora Hera rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN0HKEjlGmE

Pandora god rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LTeRYn0rw0

jay23

Finally max skilled Verche with enough time to regain my stamina for tamadra retreat.

Looking at vamp replacements on my beelz team and I think awoken Anubis would make a decent sub. He has way better awakenings for the same cost. If only he had one enhanced dark row.

A lot of monsters desperately need some updated awakenings to keep up with the game.

Ran Tamadra retreat twice. First run got three babies. Fed them to my Meimei. 0/3.

Second run I got an adult and 3 babies. Fed all to Meimei. 4/4. Bv)

Ran Tamadra retreat twice. First run got three babies. Fed them to my Meimei. 0/3.

Second run I got an adult and 3 babies. Fed all to Meimei. 4/4. Bv)

You guys actually feed babies?

I just run plant and spirit dungeons and evolve them. I need way too many of them to risk not getting any awakenings.

Negator

They still haven't announced the godfest? Sheesh. Do they really want people throwing more stones at PAD Acadmey? (Don't answer that)

My stamina cap is 78. Do you think it's worth blowing one of my stones on Tamadra Spotted? to get 3 runs out of it?

Usually double damage reduction team or a team that can do some combination of a high damage multiplier with tpa or rows that can ohko on every floor. Also hyper max preferable.

You have Awoken Hades depending on the invade on floor 2 you can do devil rush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8FZWJXixiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIH9m6IRjoU <--fat king metal invaded this one.

Awoken Hades doing god rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAIOarDasAE

Awoken Hades Hera rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8uSLESzrE

I cant find one doing true dragon rush but here is a Pandora team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQilcCbHfL4

Pandora doing devil rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gwsarVEryI

Pandora Hera rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN0HKEjlGmE

Pandora god rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LTeRYn0rw0

I feel like with hades or Neptune be I don't do enough damage to kill the board before they one shot me. Any other team is pretty much super luck based.

Ducarmel

4x Special god rates on jp. Would love to get both Kali's and Ronia.

I fell like massive disappointment awaits if I pull everything I got.

Kyuur

So are we actually getting godfest tomorrow like PADX is saying? 4 hours away and nothing on Facebook..

Got 2 awakens out of 3 chibi Tamas. Better than I was expecting!

Going to enter and exit Challenge of a Lifetime tomorrow until I (hopefully) get Karin. Huge waste of stamina but I need dat jewel of water. *_*

zoku88

I had a really crap awakening rate. I wasn't able to run much because it was at work too.

I got about 6 awakenings with 7 or so runs.

yami4ct

It seems like Tamadra Retreat always hits when I'm busy. It hit in the middle of my screening of When Marnie was There this time. Oh well. There's always the next retreat.

Negator

Man, Verdandi only costs 40, such BS! Skuld costs 60! I'm actually super afraid that I'll end up getting another Skuld that I won't be able to use for forever.

Top Bottom