• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Not the most up2date list - but in general this should be a helpful link.

http://guide.padherder.com/Reroll_Tier_List

Yup, I finally have some good wood monsters to go with my 2 bastet. I don't have liu bei or Vishnu tho, are they required to make a good team?

Awesome !!

Hmm...i dont know - i always had at least 2 GZL with Verdandi so im used to a bit of TPA power. Do you have CuChu G/R ? He is a solid sub for Verdandi/GZL teams.

So you will also play A. Bastet once we get her ? Thats my goal as well.

jay23

No chuchu yet I should get him before poring comes back. I'm working on a awoken Shiva team first since I have kagu, eventually I'll work on Awoken bastet team. It's such a pain to rank up monsters tho it seems like they stopped giving out free globes now that they're challenge rewards.

Negator

Thanks for all the help guys! I think for now, I'll be focusing on the fire units. I simply just don't have the rank to use all these expensive units like Blodin and Skuld at the moment. I'll look at those more when I'm further into endgame.

I think I'll make Kagutsuchi into his R/L form in the interim because his awoken form is a long way away anyway, and his awoken active conflicts with Gadius.

Am I in trouble, if I start with Hathor, seems to be in Savant tier

I started with DQXQ, and also rolled Kirin shortly after and switched over to Kirin. Hathor is a step of difficulty above Kirin. However the extra HP and RCV gives you a buffer. I'd say keep Hathor and see if you can get good enough to activate her. Though I'm also not sure how her farmable teams are. If she is REM heavy on top of being difficult, I'd reroll.

yami4ct

Thanks for all the help guys! I think for now, I'll be focusing on the fire units. I simply just don't have the rank to use all these expensive units like Blodin and Skuld at the moment. I'll look at those more when I'm further into endgame.

I think I'll make Kagutsuchi into his R/L form in the interim because his awoken form is a long way away anyway, and his awoken active conflicts with Gadius.

You've got a really strong box at the moment. Now might be a good time to stop pulling and hoard stones while you work on leveling these teams and see what you like. Once you've got a good idea what you're going to move forward with, you can use those stones to target more useful GodFests. You can also use them to farm Tamada retreat once you have enough stamina to make stoning worthwhile.

As for your ranking, the Extreme Metal Tamadra dungeon should be coming soon to help with that. It's a new dungeon that you can run once during an event that gives you huge amounts of player XP. It's definitely meant to power level early players so they can get their team costs up.

Rixa

Monogreen here I come :p

Screenshot_2015-07-01-19-33-56.png
I need to read this guide about monogreen.

smbu2000

Well I rolled once more on each of mine. iPhone: Cursed Dragon and iPad: Griffin Rider. So-so and okay. I guess I can find some use for Griffin Rider.

Finally made my Awoken Bastet and used my woodpys to max skill her. She has a decent amount of plus eggs from when I was giving her plus eggs before (about 90ish.)
Tried out True Endless Corridors with her as a lead (subs: Liu Bei x3/Verdandi) and cleared it on my first try.

I'm going to have to try out the team some more.

Raika

Sakuya
Meimei
Sakuya
Haku
Haku
Karin
Haku
Sakuya
Haku

Guys send help.

All I want is Leilan why is the game doing this to me.

;A;

yami4ct

Sakuya
Meimei
Sakuya
Haku
Haku
Karin
Haku
Sakuya
Haku

Guys send help.

All I want is Leilan why is the game doing this to me.

;A;

Never roll for just a single monster. It's a hard impulse to resist, but it'll save you a lot of stones. The RNG rates are way too low to make rolling for a single monster worthwhile.

scottnak

Never roll for just a single monster. It's a hard impulse to resist, but it'll save you a lot of stones. The RNG rates are way too low to make rolling for a single monster worthwhile.

I'm guessing that's for the Gift Jewel... otherwise that's some insane luck.

But as for why? The game knoooows what you waaant.

Raika

Uh I meant the orb dungeon lol.

1/5 chance is messing with me so hard right now. :(

yami4ct

Uh I meant the orb dungeon lol.

1/5 chance is messing with me so hard right now. :(

I totally read that wrong. Haha. I am an idiot.

Also, I know that feeling. It's hard to get your head around the idea that a 1/5 shot means you'll get it on average 1/5 times. It can still be much worse. Luckily the Karin I needed dropped within like 3 runs this time, but I've had times whee it took like 15 damn runs to get the 1 jewel I wanted.

Azusa

This was my second pull with gems I got from clearing missions. Should I add this to team (when I have cost) with Artemis?

Yeah. He is good but farmable. If you really want to play this nonIAP I would recommend to reroll now.

Azusa

I give up. Top tier unit Nut shall be enough for me.

Everything from this onwards is rng.

She is way better than your previous leader. Its easy to do any 5 combos to get that x3 attack and you can make random teams with her.

Give me your code I'll add you.

coy

I give up. Top tier unit Nut shall be enough for me.

Everything from this onwards is rng.
Make sure to grab an Ice Knight from the Cold Steel dungeon. You'll also want to get a Mermaid at some point. These are farmable subs that'll help a lot at the beginning. In the meantime, if you want to practice hitting 5+ combos, Endless Corridor costs 0 stamina so you can practice all day if you desire. Feel free to add me though Nut is the only Egyptian 2.0 I do not have.

Hastati

Hey, I have a question for anyone who likes to waste time with weird builds. I have a couple venuses and a baal lying around from strange guntrolling, and have been curious about light devil teams for awhile. Would this team work, and does anyone have any advice for how to fix it?

I threw in Ars Nova, I don't have her, but if I did would want to use her somewhere. I actually really want her too, for some reason.

14 row enhances and tpa's for when you don't have enough light orbs. Mostly I was wondering if you could make a viable team based on an enormous number of row enhances. Thanks, sorry if this is random!

Baal/Awoken Venus Build

Jonsoncao

Banned
Hey, I have a question for anyone who likes to waste time with weird builds. I have a couple venuses and a baal lying around from strange guntrolling, and have been curious about light devil teams for awhile. Would this team work, and does anyone have any advice for how to fix it?

I threw in Ars Nova, I don't have her, but if I did would want to use her somewhere. I actually really want her too, for some reason.

14 row enhances and tpa's for when you don't have enough light orbs. Mostly I was wondering if you could make a viable team based on an enormous number of row enhances. Thanks, sorry if this is random!

Baal/Awoken Venus Build

For continuous burst through many hard dungeons, you need something more, definitely more orb changer. A possible sub (or even) leader in mind is Ilm (the new GF exclusive recently made to NA).

Hastati

For continuous burst through many hard dungeons, you need something more, definitely more orb changer. A possible sub (or even) leader in mind is Ilm (the new GF exclusive recently made to NA).

That makes sense, thanks for the advice. I had difficulty finding cards with good synergy. Unfortunately I don't have that many cards for light rows or light only teams (no wukong :/).

Also Ilm looks pretty amazing, I ran the gatcha today but slim chance of him dropping (got a skuld and nephthys though!!)

Edit: Holy shit isn't he kind of OP? Am I reading this right? 36x and he's a row generator? Nice.

mike23

My luck is on fire with Verdandi. First one I got last god fest I max skilled with 19 fruits, all the ones I had waiting in my box. Pulled a second yesterday and max skilled it with the 12 fruits in my box. Gungho wants me to go green.

One roll yesterday and one today:

Hattori Hanzo
Dark Golem Mk II (the ult evo on this has crazy mats required)

I have finally opened the Challenge mode so time to amass more stones for a better god fest.

coy

My luck is on fire with Verdandi. First one I got last god fest I max skilled with 19 fruits, all the ones I had waiting in my box. Pulled a second yesterday and max skilled it with the 12 fruits in my box. Gungho wants me to go green.
Nice work! After reading about the maintenance, I tried for the last skillup on Verdandi with my only green trifruit and got it! Hypermax in full effect now.

Speaking of, I've gotta collect Devilits for D.Kali skillups in the future. Her uevo cannot come soon enough.

hermit7

Rolled a few times in the hopes of an Osiris but instead received a second Nut. I am trying to skill up my first one still for her low cool down orb change and Osiris would be perfect for Bastet when she comes out.

Also got an second vishnu which would be good with his new uevo.

Rixa

She is way better than your previous leader. Its easy to do any 5 combos to get that x3 attack and you can make random teams with her.

Give me your code I'll add you.

Make sure to grab an Ice Knight from the Cold Steel dungeon. You'll also want to get a Mermaid at some point. These are farmable subs that'll help a lot at the beginning. In the meantime, if you want to practice hitting 5+ combos, Endless Corridor costs 0 stamina so you can practice all day if you desire. Feel free to add me though Nut is the only Egyptian 2.0 I do not have.

Totally hit up the GAF google docs list to fill your friends list.
Coy: Nice friend code you have :p

Thank you all. I add my self to google doc and send friend request to ppl in the list.

My ID: 347,976,340
Name: RixGAF

Getting good leader shows in friend request from randoms. Got 30 friend requests, takes some time to reject them.

Rolled another unit from GodFest, prolly not using him for a long time (cost issues + description in guides). Anyways, good to have one God & Devil.

Feels evil.

Grind time

am_dragon

After running Alt Castle of Satan for more than 10 hours, and not even seeing a Flampy, I tried a different dungeon, and immediately get a Bubpy drop on the first run, and a second on the second run 3 runs later I saw a 3rd.

Now I have an Awoken Minerva, and Awoken Kagu, I need a lot of Flampies. It that did not seem very random. Whatever, I'll take it I now have a max skilled Lakshmi, I just have to figure out how to use her.

Quantum

Astaroth skill-ups incoming....the wait is finally over.

I don't think I can tolerate yet another mob I have to farm, level and then evolve to attempt for a 10% skill up chance.

think asty is going to stay unskilled in my box and I'll wait for an awoken version.

- pretty much done with my urd team (favorite team right now)
- going to start work on a verdandi team
- giving up on blonia team
- max skilled a dancing queen (maybe for urd?) done with PADcadamy
- only 3 gigas invades over 10 days of running it for skills for dancing hera (mythical)
- second urd made it to skill level 5 (from 3) in the entire month of thursdays before switch

- watched the feed and was surprised about the answer with reference to why JPN gets free pii's. The answer given referenced the age of the game in JPN and that one of the reasons we get less is that there are far fewer players that are hitting end game material. really felt like a snub to anyone who plays hardcore.
-- this is a terrible way to run this game, people actually give up on their US accounts to play on the JPN accounts because of the benefits..
-- Collab only leads and subs in JPN make team building (and game design) more difficult in the US - and causing staggering when we get awoken/materials/dungeons needed for US awoken uvos.

- lower highs in gross income on us charts over the last few godfests indicate that they are not making the right choices for this game in the US.

hermit7

I don't think I can tolerate yet another mob I have to farm, level and then evolve to attempt for a 10% skill up chance.

think asty is going to stay unskilled in my box and I'll wait for an awoken version.

- pretty much done with my urd team (favorite team right now)
- going to start work on a verdandi team
- giving up on blonia team
- max skilled a dancing queen (maybe for urd?) done with PADcadamy
- only 3 gigas invades over 10 days of running it for skills for dancing hera (mythical)
- second urd made it to skill level 5 (from 3) in the entire month of thursdays before switch

- watched the feed and was surprised about the answer with reference to why JPN gets free pii's. The answer given referenced the age of the game in JPN and that one of the reasons we get less is that there are far fewer players that are hitting end game material. really felt like a snub to anyone who plays hardcore.
-- this is a terrible way to run this game, people actually give up on their US accounts to play on the JPN accounts because of the benefits..
-- Collab only leads and subs in JPN make team building (and game design) more difficult in the US - and causing staggering when we get awoken/materials/dungeons needed for US awoken uvos.

- lower highs in gross income on us charts over the last few godfests indicate that they are not making the right choices for this game in the US.

Yeah people are generally tired of waiting obscene amounts of time for content. Patches are only translation and even there it is maybe 20 words. There really is no reason for there to be any disparity between versions.

I'm pretty sure you can increase the number of players hitting endgame content by accelerating the ability of lategame players to tackle that content. If only there were some sort of handout that could do this...

hermit7

I'm pretty sure you can increase the number of players hitting endgame content by accelerating the ability of lategame players to tackle that content. If only there were some sort of handout that could do this...

Yeah think of all those people that are nearing the endgame but need either skill ups or plus eggs to really max their teams.

If they pushed out Piis or 3x normals then more people would be able to take their teams into the hardest dungeons.

Collabs being exclusive hurts as well because it limits potential subs from other regions. But the difficulty in farming certain things definitely causes frustration.

ccbfan

The fact that every awoken upgrade have changed the active skill has made me less and less keen on skilling up monsters. Especially since Asty need 11 levels to max skills.

Demon being so crappy as a pantheon probably also makes it likely to be an Awoken candidate. (But then Norse is arguable the worst Pantheon and they haven't gotten anything)

Ducarmel

if padx and Chinese wiki is correct Astroth skill up mob comes out already evolved from the 5th floor drop in the 40-50 stamina dungeon of Shinrabansho collab.

So its not all that bad assuming you want/need to do it.

Top Bottom