• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Negator

I want to do technical dungeons, but the exp sucks. I have all these monsters to level, but I need rank to use them all! Ahh! Puzzle world problems.

razterik

The changes to Apocalypse have turned him into a prime board change for Wukong, Athena, Venus, and Raphael. He's essentially a better version of the Norns for light teams.

Gadius is a good sub when he's not leading. Two red rows and his board change are nice. But the best part is his amazing RCV. I think it's the highest for a red card. Earns him a spot in places he wouldn't normally fit, like A.Shiva.

Awoken Minerva is worth her mats for sure. Fast orb change that works well with many other changers, useful armor break, good stats, typing and awakenings. I'm still clearing brand new content in JP with her as a leader. There's a reason she's +297 and max skill on both my NA and JP accounts.

Kyuur

Got my hands on Jewel of Water (only needed to enter twice)! :D

Now just need to figure out how to get a Blue Dragon Fruit. I don't have the faintest idea on how I can beat Mythical Thursday. Can you somehow target TPA to avoid hitting the sleeping one?

Got my hands on Jewel of Water (only needed to enter twice)! :D

Now just need to figure out how to get a Blue Dragon Fruit. I don't have the faintest idea on how I can beat Mythical Thursday. Can you somehow target TPA to avoid hitting the sleeping one?
Nope. You either have to burst them down in two turns or delay the sleeping one while dispatching the other two. Don't forget to have quick orb changers ready on the earlier floors to avoid orb trolling.

Yolo...

Minerva!

So happy to finally have a Greek 1. She'll also be a pretty solid Gadius sub. I need to start getting those fire piis though.

Spoit

The changes to Apocalypse have turned him into a prime board change for Wukong, Athena, Venus, and Raphael. He's essentially a better version of the Norns for light teams.

Gadius is a good sub when he's not leading. Two red rows and his board change are nice. But the best part is his amazing RCV. I think it's the highest for a red card. Earns him a spot in places he wouldn't normally fit, like A.Shiva.

Awoken Minerva is worth her mats for sure. Fast orb change that works well with many other changers, useful armor break, good stats, typing and awakenings. I'm still clearing brand new content in JP with her as a leader. There's a reason she's +297 and max skill on both my NA and JP accounts.

What did they change with apoc?

FZZ

Banned
Did another roll for JP and a yolo for NA

NA I got! Shardra...

JP was Gold plus!

PANDORA!!! Perfect for Juggler, now I can actually burn through the game ez pz.

razterik

Could have sworn they buffed his stats or awakenings at one point, but maybe I'm thinking of something else. Still, I think he's been undervalued.

yami4ct

Pulled once more on my US account due mainly to getting the extra stone from the Gift dungeon. Got Ceres. It's not Verdandi or Genbu, but my green pool is slowly getting up to snuff. Speaking of that, how viable is Awoken Bastet without a full board changer? I really want to make a team around her as Bastet was my first god pull, but that's the one major piece I'm missing.

The current setup I'm think of is Bastet/Liu Bei/Marine Rider/Artemis/Vishnu/Bastet. I can sub in Kushinada for one of the two orb changers if the dungeon is pre-emptive heavy. I also have Mini-Percy (his awakenings seem to hold him back) and now Ceres. I guess I could run Skuld as an orb change, but that seems really dicey. Maybe I should farm Cauchemar for his board change?

Skuld allows a single active burst when she provides a good board, which is occasionally useful for three successive bursts or back-to-back board changes. The possible free spot allows you to bring Blue Odin without sacrificing another key sub. Helps reach the 8 skill boosts required for most Lakshmi teams to be up turn one.

So she's a great sub to have on hand for special cases and she has really nice stats. But usually A.Karin and Amberjack are going to be better.

That was my thought as well. I'll level and evo her, but she seems like a situational alt at best. The freed slot on my team isn't usually going to do much for me, given the water monsters I have. Sure I could run 2x Gabriel, but the utility on that isn't really that much.

hermit7

Could have sworn they buffed his stats or awakenings at one point, but maybe I'm thinking of something else. Still, I think he's been undervalued.

Well aside from Raphael and light kali there aren't any real full board orb changers. And he has the awakenings are quite good as well with a two prong light row and skill hind resist. Stats are decent too. I am fortunate to have one hut honestly I haven't ever really invested too much into any light teams aside from my first light healer team. I have a good deal of light monsters that just sit there glaring at me when I am levelling other colored cards.

CIzdQcIUYAA5WJe.jpg

7drHiqr.gif

razterik

Persephone? Looks like D/G branch uevo. Maybe healer typing.

Watch as she finally gets row awakenings now that nobody wants them, heh.

Hasn't this pantheon like practically dissapeared from the JP Godfests? I don't remember when it came last.

JP Godfest day 2 rolls:
Archangel Lucifer (dupe)
Shardra
Light Mystic Knight
Sun Quan

4x exclusives where. Sun Quan is perfect for my new Awoken Ra. Almost have the best team except Dark Kali, might have to max skill Dark Izanami now. Also a good option for my expanding blue teams.

Azusa

Persephone H Y P E.

My second god after Ronia and I'm using her daily.

EDIT:
As of 7/2 (Thurs), 12:00 AM (PDT), Puzzle & Dragons will be undergoing maintenance. During this time, you will not be able to access the game.
This maintenance period will be rotating the skills that were made to select evo materials at a previous date. In this instance, the skills for the following monsters will be rotating back to their originals:
- Red, Blue, and Green Dragon Fruits
- Ancient Sacred Blue and Green Masks
Monsters that will not be having their skills rotated include the following:
- Angelit and Devilit
- Keeper of Gold

LKali skillups are safe. I'm relieved.

Negator

I've come to a crossroads at this godfest. I wanted to play Bastet, but the REM gods have forsaken me and have not given me anything green. I rolled again and got a Gadius, which is cool. I think I have come to the point where I can have a pretty damn good team, I just need to laser focus my efforts into specific units.

https://www.padherder.com/user/Negatorz/teams/#152679

If there's any potential teams I might have missed, I would like to know about them.

yami4ct

I've come to a crossroads at this godfest. I wanted to play Bastet, but the REM gods have forsaken me and have not given me anything green. I rolled again and got a Gadius, which is cool. I think I have come to the point where I can have a pretty damn good team, I just need to laser focus my efforts into specific units.

https://www.padherder.com/user/Negatorz/teams/#152679

If there's any potential teams I might have missed, I would like to know about them.

Always go with the team you have over the team you want. It's not an easy season to learn, but it'll save you money and frustration in the long run. It's really easy to focus on one team and try to get the 1 or 2 missing pieces from a GodFest, but that'll just lead you down the path of spending way too many stones chasing a single monster.

As for what you've got, you've got a really good devil farm team in there. Maybe replace Shiva with a Beelzebub when you can beat him and switch lilith for a Vampire Lord. Lilith will do really well for breaking defense barriers, but you'll get more utility out of Vamp's heartbreak more often. You've got a good Gadius team in there which you've got set up.

You also have a killer start on a L.Kali team. You have Kali and Fuma, the most important pieces. Grab L.Valk as her TPA and heartbreak will do you well. Maybe end up with something like Kali/BlOdin/Fuma/L.Valk/Flex/Kali. It's not ideal as you'd rather have some more yellow,but it'll do quite nicely until the REM gods grant you another Kali or L.meta to open your options up.

razterik

Definitely switch your Ronia team to a Beelzebub/Ronia pair as suggested above. Sub Ronia, Byakko, Lu Bu and maybe Vampire.

For Skuld, double UmiYama is overkill on RCV, but it's not a bad strategy. Consider max skilling a mystic ice knight with Cold Steel for this team.

Nut is a strong tank lead with enough work. You can build a TPA team with a similar setup to Skuld.

Kagutsuchi on Gadius is broken, he'll only be a stat stick since he converts hearts. Gadius without Uriel and Yamato is iffy.

Ultimate Goemon is something to aim for. Minerva, Kagutsuchi, Ronia, Fire Dragon Knight, and Lu Bu are great subs.

If you want something a lot like Bastet in power/style, I think Awoken Shiva has the most potential. Awoken Kagutsuchi is standard. Ronia is decent, but can give bad boards. I'd suggest Gadius paired with Awoken Minerva and/or Fire Dragon Knight for easy red combo tricolor boards.

Red is your strongest color right now, followed closely by blue. Pick a team or two for focus and stick with those for a while. Would save stones now.

What do you think about Gadius as leader? Just 2 Heart combos and you got x36

Not-Juggler is cool, strawberry dragon is pretty good on his team. Two rows himself, along with a friend and a fruit dragon, that's 6 rows, two board converts and a heart maker with 3 more slots to whatever you want. Minerva, Chiyome, Freyr, Theurgia, Shiva, Yamato are just a few I can think of to toss onto this team.

Edit: Oh, talking about Negator box. Yeah, that green is pretty weak but that red and blue are killer, my goodness. Blue seems to have a lot of overlap, so I think that's a good area to focus. You got two really good red prongers in Shiva and Kagutsuchi, that's one heck of a team. Gadius on back-up as well, lots of overlap with that color as well. Personally, I'd go down water since you can always swap your lead to whatever you feel you need and still have mostly the same units so +egging should be easy but if you pull anymore good fire cards, you should jump ship to that.

Rixa

I think I remember reading that PaD wasn't even out on droid in EU but it was out on iOS, I'm sure someone else can you a more concrete answer.

Yes you can load it to iOS. But I would rather dl to droid.

My iPhone 5S screen is too small.
Xperia Z2 has bigger screen.

Ducarmel

Well, time to find APK then.
Is 1st day of month (today) still good day to reroll?

yeah

NA godfest currently is boosting rates for the Egyptian 2, Japanese 1 God series.

Japanese 1 gods are situational leaders and subs none are worth keeping as a first roll.

Egyptian 2 gods are ok to great. Hathor is the one you want, a little hard to play with but kind of hard to lose with the right team. Osiris is good too but not as popular as Hathor.

Check the /V/ guide for more details

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...MCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit#heading=h.9a8ouvo1mj1z

Any pull from the God tier list is worth keeping

Noaloha

Well, time to find APK then.
Is 1st day of month (today) still good day to reroll?

In case you haven't found it yet, toss jp.gungho.padEN into here.

And the best time to reroll is pretty much whenever there's a GODFEST active, which - happily - just so happens to be today! It isn't tied to anything specific like 1st day of the month though, Godfests just roll around once every few weeks.

Rixa

In case you haven't found it yet, toss jp.gungho.padEN into here.

And the best time to reroll is pretty much whenever there's a GODFEST active, which - happily - just so happens to be today! It isn't tied to anything specific like 1st day of the month though, Godfests just roll around once every few weeks.

Thank you. Time for some rerolls. First pull was some 4* Basilisk, so let the reroll marathon begin.

Ducarmel

day 2 rolls

JP evo Sun Quan, busty her to BG since I had the mats and no point in keeping her evo form. I have blue healer team, too bad they are not that popular.

NA green sticker girl, limited use for me I think I already have one. When I saw silver I was hoping it was Fuma.

It isn't tied to anything specific like 1st day of the month though, Godfests just roll around once every few weeks.

While it doesn't fall on the first all the time, he is sort of right god fest usually is around the 1st or 15th of every month, coincidentally that is pay day for most people.

Rixa

While it doesn't fall on the first all the time, he is sort of right god fest usually is around the 1st or 15th of every month, coincidentally that is pay day for most people.

Well yeah, I did read the OP and GodFest was mentioned there for 1st & 15th. Wanted to be sure that it is.

Edit: Shall I continue rerolling, cant find this from recommended units:

Azusa

Edit: Shall I continue rerolling, cant find this from recommended units:

She is very bad.

Not-Juggler is cool, strawberry dragon is pretty good on his team. Two rows himself, along with a friend and a fruit dragon, that's 6 rows, two board converts and a heart maker with 3 more slots to whatever you want. Minerva, Chiyome, Freyr, Theurgia, Shiva, Yamato are just a few I can think of to toss onto this team.

Sounds good. I have four shivas, minerva and chiyome + max skilled fruit dragon. Maybe I can make a team someday.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
PaD Acadamy cleared - well at least something xD

Urd is one of his best subs after Yamato and Uriel. Mitsuki is decent. Could probably do something like Gadius/Urd/Mitsuki/Chiyome/Cao Cao. Wukong isn't a good option. You want to go mono-fire.

As far as being a sub option: not really. He's an okay choice for his own team. I'm using one for Goemon, but only because the only good heartmaker I have is a single Yamato. He might be a good option for Tsubaki (new fire godfest exclusive).

Alright thanks.

I think i will level and evolve Gadius/Urd first and wait till i pull Yamato or Uriel down the line. They seems to be essential for the team and i dont feel like spending a bunch of resources on a team if it ends up being lackluster anyway.

Same here woohoo!!

I've finally been clearing some other mythical descends recently Noah, saldaphon, pad academy and Izanami.

Up next is Zeus Vulcan

Decided to pull 3 times

Should I keep going or quit while I'm ahead?

Great man - congrats on all those recent clears. I also had this phase just a couple of weeks ago where i was able to clear these type of Desc - feels good xD Especially since some of them are needed for Awoken.

Were these your first GZL/Verdandi pulls ? Anyway congrats on both...they are great together.

*2nd Persephone Ult Evo*

Sweet...look like she will be Dark/Wood - might make her more relevant to my interests xD

Yeah did some google research and everything points that its trash :).
Reroll it is.

Hope you get Verdandi - probably a good one to steamroll early content.

J0dy77

Did another pull on JP just because I knew Gungho hates my US account and I would get something awesome, out comes Shiva. I'm pretty sure my 300 day box on JP has now surpassed my US 900 day box. I'm focusing there and just focusing on getting team cost up, that's my only limiting factor now.

jay23

Great man - congrats on all those recent clears. I also had this phase just a couple of weeks ago where i was able to clear these type of Desc - feels good xD Especially since some of them are needed for Awoken.

Were these your first GZL/Verdandi pulls ? Anyway congrats on both...they are great together.

Yup, I finally have some good wood monsters to go with my 2 bastet. I don't have liu bei or Vishnu tho, are they required to make a good team?

Top Bottom