• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

4x Special god rates on jp. Would love to get both Kali's and Ronia.

I fell like massive disappointment awaits if I pull everything I got.

Grodin awaits you

Let us know what you get if you pull. Someone is bound to hit the cap in NA and we'll get a special gf as well... maybe.

I need to get Izanami mythical done tomorrow, it looks challenging with all the preemptives on every floor.

*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 6/30 (Tues), 12:00 AM - 7/1 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)
The Godfest has been decided upon! Day One brings the return of Five Elements and Greco-Roman Series 1 Gods, while Day Two includes the Japanese Series 1 and Egyptian Series 2 Gods.

For Day 1 of this Godfest, Guan Yu is available at standard 1x Rates. For Day 2, Metatron is available at standard 1x Rates. All other Godfest exclusive Gods are available at 3x Rates.
All evolved forms of featured Gods are also included in the Godfest.

DAY 1 : 6/30 (Tues), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Five Elements Gods -
745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
- Greco-Roman Series 1 -
122 Minerva
124 Neptune
126 Ceres
128 Venus
130 Hades

DAY 2 : 7/1 (Wed), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Japanese Series 1 -
132 Kagutsuchi
134 Viper Orochi
136 Susano
138 Amaterasu
140 Yomi
- Egyptian Series 2 -
1659 Set
1661 Nut
1663 Osiris
1665 Hathor
1667 Nephthys

- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
642 Dark Angel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
1946 Red Dragonbound, Gadius
1948 Black Dragonbound, Typhon
1950 White Beast Demon, Ilm
1952 Blast Beast Demon, Zuoh

razterik

Did they just realize they forgot to post the Godfest info? So late, wow. Nothing worthwhile for me. Skip.

Farming FT4 today has been abysmal. 3 stones for 30 plus eggs. 3x normals soon plz.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Will do a single pull ( already regretting it) on Day 1 and hope for Ceres, Skuld or DKali.

#believe

smbu2000

Finally made my Awoken Haki. Looking forward to trying her out on my Vegeta team. Unfortunately, I only got 1 skill up out of my dark jewels. Going to have to start giving her my badpys when I get some more.
I really like her artwork.

Just need a green mask for A.Bastet as well. Should be able to get it when the Wed. Dungeon comes around tomorrow.
Man, Verdandi only costs 40, such BS! Skuld costs 60! I'm actually super afraid that I'll end up getting another Skuld that I won't be able to use for forever.
Verdandi is a 5 star (6 when evo'd) character just like Urd. Skulls is a 6 star (7 when evo'd) character. It makes sense that her cost is higher compared to Verdandi/Urd.

coy

Did they just realize they forgot to post the Godfest info? So late, wow. Nothing worthwhile for me. Skip.

Farming FT4 today has been abysmal. 3 stones for 30 plus eggs. 3x normals soon plz.
Abysmal is a fitting description. Some decent rates earlier, but that was followed by 10 straight runs w/o seeing a +egg. I figured it had to get better. After 3 more blanks, I'm just gonna save the stamina to stock up on Rainbow Keepers.

Glad the godfest was finally announced. My stones are going elsewhere though a chance at Ceres or Leilan on Day 1 is quite tempting.

Negator

Started off awful, turned into happiness.

wvJDAcCl.jpeg

yami4ct

US Side:
Apocalypse (Bleh, always seemed like a waste of a REM Exclusive monster)
Skuld (Wrong Norn. Only one that won't drop is Verd :()

JP Alt:
Blueberry Dragon (screw you, Gold Egg Troll)
Panda (Dupe)
Lemon Dragon
GrOdin (Worst dupe imaginable)

Not a great Godfest for me. Will probably get one more roll JP side, but I'll probably wait for day 2 on that. Is there any reason to run Skuld in a Lakshmi team over (Awoken) Karin+Amberjack? It would free up a slot, but Karin seems like she might be the better all around sub. Maybe I drop my BlOdin stat stick. That could give some added utility, I guess.

jiggle

Main:
Black Beast Demon Zuoh
Alraune
Ivory a Dragon

Alt
Urd(dupe)
Apollo
Angelion

Happy to have gotten one of the newer God
Even happier with a dupe Urd
The rest, lol

Noaloha

Enough stones for one roll!

Sleeping Beauty.

Pretty sure I don't have a single possible team that she'd fit into, ha. Buncha poop.

Raika

Cinderella
Gvalk

What is Gvalk good for? I wanted Rvalk badly but got her instead, so now I must somehow utilize her or my tears of salt will not stop flowing.

;~;

yami4ct

Cinderella
Gvalk

What is Gvalk good for? I wanted Rvalk badly but got her instead, so now I must somehow utilize her or my tears of salt will not stop flowing.

;~;

Any green team that makes use of TPAs can do well with her. Awoken Bastet and Verdandi immediately come to mind. You could probably make a decent Vishnu team with her as well. She could work on an Osirus team as well.

Azusa

5 rolls:

Gadius (is it the new exclusive??) and my second Ronia!
Other rolls were trash.

Overall I'm disappointment. No Haku or Karin

Raika

Any green team that makes use of TPAs can do well with her. Awoken Bastet and Verdandi immediately come to mind. You could probably make a decent Vishnu team with her as well. She could work on an Osirus team as well.

I have none of those, only Parvati and GZL.

Shame Gvalk isn't attacker to benefit from GZL's AS.

Guess I will continue crying a salt river.

Rvalk, my A.Horus and A.Shiva teams need youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

;A;

razterik

Is there any reason to run Skuld in a Lakshmi team over (Awoken) Karin+Amberjack? It would free up a slot, but Karin seems like she might be the better all around sub. Maybe I drop my BlOdin stat stick. That could give some added utility, I guess.

Skuld allows a single active burst when she provides a good board, which is occasionally useful for three successive bursts or back-to-back board changes. The possible free spot allows you to bring Blue Odin without sacrificing another key sub. Helps reach the 8 skill boosts required for most Lakshmi teams to be up turn one.

So she's a great sub to have on hand for special cases and she has really nice stats. But usually A.Karin and Amberjack are going to be better.

Guys what would make a better Devil sub for a Ronia/belz team,
Haku or Pandora?

Why not both? Byakko if you need another board change, although she isn't always enough on her own. Pandora if you need hearts to heal while still doing damage.

smbu2000

Pulled a few times on each of my accounts.

Main (iPhone): GZL (dupe), Durga (#3), Urd (#3), Grodin (#4) and a silver egg.

Dupes galore...

Secondary (iPad): Indra (I wanted this one on my main account!), Grodin (#2), garbage and a silver egg.

Happy to have Indra although I really wanted him on my main account. Wanted Durga for my iPad, but she keeps coming out on my main one.

I don't have any, just trying to decide if i should spend 5 stones on PAD Academy and pray for Panda or try the godfest :p

Ah lol. Both make great subs. Pandora makes a great leader but you need very specific rem subs to reach her full potential. I think godfest rates are better than the academy though? May want to wait for the experts to chime in.

Ducarmel

LMeta number 5 on my JP alt, what ever announcement they are going to make on dupes better be good.

Skuld number 2 on my main NA. Since light carnival was active I was hoping for Fuma.

Kyuur

3 rolls, one more coming once I grab another stone from Holy Beasts...

Silver, silver, star. :( Snow White, Salamander, Siren. SW at least is REM-only.

Meanwhile, my fiancée got two golds, got Sasuke (not a bad pull for her since she also has Hanzo, attacker team get) and Karin (solid, also can become attacker once awoken but that's a ways off).

Holy Beasts gave me Meimei first try.. gotta wait for stamina to come back again.

J0dy77

Rolled three times on JP:

Muse and Hanzo (one crap). This game really wants me to switch to JP full time.

I wasted all my stones on PAD academy on the US, kind of regretting that.

Noaloha

Is Awoken Minerva an actual functional general purpose leader or, as her leader skill and awakenings sort of hint at, is she just a leader that excels at certain otherwise tricky dungeons? What does she put on her resumé and who are her bestest buddies? Trying to decide if the evo materials are worth the effort. For what it's worth on other possible red leaders I can put exp into, I also have Shiva and Leilan who are both yet to reach their final form.

cw_sasuke

First time Izanami Mythical clear - YES !!

quickmemo_2015-06-30-r6y3t.png

Dont know why or if i screwed up before but it worked out way better than expected. Perseus MVP - dude is amazing and essential in many of my Mythical Verdandi runs. I overestimated my TPA damage on stage 2 ( Perseus instead of GZL like regular) - result Verdandi leader with a 6 turn bind, which got cleared in 2 turns thanks to Perseus. Rest was straightforward.

After a couple stepbacks lately finally a solid Mythical clear and i got a new useful unit. Got the stone so i could pull once more...felt like rewarding myself lol and even if it had been another shitty unit or dupe i would be fine with Iza i got before. Pulled once and got Gadius.

Dont know if he is useful or good - but at least its a GFE i didnt own before. Anyone using him or know what subs are good for him?

Edit:

So if i understand it correct he will hit for 36x if i can activate to sets of hearts ( 2x3) hearts ? That seems powerful...whats the catch ? lol

Kyuur

Pulled once and got Gadius.

Dont know if he is useful or good - but at least its a GFE i didnt own before. Anyone using him or know what subs are good for him?

Edit:

So if i understand it correct he will hit for 36x if i can activate to sets of hearts ( 2x3) hearts ? That seems powerful...whats the catch ? lol

The catch is that hearts do no damage by themselves!

I don't have him, but Yamato and Wukong are potential subs. Both change dark into hearts and provide either Fire/Light out of Wood/Water respectively.

Quick-edit: And as a Jagernaut says, Uriel, although he's less good since he converts Light->Fire.

cw_sasuke

Do you have Uriel and Yamato? They are perfect subs for Gadius.

No Uriel or Yamato here - though i pulled Mini Yamaoto from the Academy Gacha, but i dont think he can be used without the good Awakenings xD

Rodin, Cao Cao, Ronia, Urd, Chyome, Shiva, Mitsuki, Freyr, Belial, Echidna, Hera-Ur, Gigas...are my essential fire subs.

If i get Yamato or Uriel down the line that would be cool.

Is he a useful sub for popular teams ? Dont have a real fire team at this point but i should work on something down the line.
The catch is that hearts do no damage by themselves!

I don't have him, but Yamato and Wukong are potential subs. Both change dark into hearts and provide either Fire/Light out of Wood/Water respectively.

Quick-edit: And as a Jagernaut says, Uriel, although he's less good since he converts Light->Fire.

Yeah matching heart combos + fire rows or tpas can be tricky...i often fail the easiest A. Parvati combos when going for a 5hearts + regular green combos :-/

I dont have Yamato but i have Sun Wukong max skilled.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Geez went 1 for 20 on skilling Izanami so far.

I guess I use the other 30 when its 2.5 rate

Felt your pain man...0/14 on the second Pandora during 2.5 rate for me though.

Same feeling here...4 pulls on my alt...
YPRVSS4.png

am_dragon

Abysmal is a fitting description. Some decent rates earlier, but that was followed by 10 straight runs w/o seeing a +egg. I figured it had to get better. After 3 more blanks, I'm just gonna save the stamina to stock up on Rainbow Keepers.

Glad the godfest was finally announced. My stones are going elsewhere though a chance at Ceres or Leilan on Day 1 is quite tempting.

It's random, last week I spent 2 stones on 20 plus eggs. Yesterday I spent 3 stones, and ranked up once and ended with 66 plus eggs.

My Urd is +297, and I think I'm going to +297 Athena next, I use her so much for farming. With several Awoken cards, Ceres, Hades, Minerva, Parvati, Lakshmi, I'd like to +297 one or more of them, but they seem too situational, maybe I just haven't found the right teams for them yet.

No Uriel or Yamato here - though i pulled Mini Yamaoto from the Academy Gacha, but i dont think he can be used without the good Awakenings xD

Rodin, Cao Cao, Ronia, Urd, Chyome, Shiva, Mitsuki, Freyr, Belial, Echidna, Hera-Ur, Gigas...are my essential fire subs.

If i get Yamato or Uriel down the line that would be cool.

Is he a useful sub for popular teams ? Dont have a real fire team at this point but i should work on something down the line.
Yeah matching heart combos + fire rows or tpas can be tricky...i often fail the easiest A. Parvati combos when going for a 5hearts + regular green combos :-/

I dont have Yamato but i have Sun Wukong max skilled.
Urd is one of his best subs after Yamato and Uriel. Mitsuki is decent. Could probably do something like Gadius/Urd/Mitsuki/Chiyome/Cao Cao. Wukong isn't a good option. You want to go mono-fire.

As far as being a sub option: not really. He's an okay choice for his own team. I'm using one for Goemon, but only because the only good heartmaker I have is a single Yamato. He might be a good option for Tsubaki (new fire godfest exclusive).

Is Awoken Minerva an actual functional general purpose leader or, as her leader skill and awakenings sort of hint at, is she just a leader that excels at certain otherwise tricky dungeons? What does she put on her resumé and who are her bestest buddies? Trying to decide if the evo materials are worth the effort. For what it's worth on other possible red leaders I can put exp into, I also have Shiva and Leilan who are both yet to reach their final form.
The latter. There are certain rushes and challenge 10 dungeons that she trivializes. She's also one of the best fire orb changers, so I'd definitely work on getting the evo mats for her even if you're only going to use her as a sub.

ccbfan

Geez went 1 for 20 on skilling Izanami so far.

I guess I use the other 30 when its 2.5 rate

Impatience got the best of me and did most of the rest,

Luckily went 6/25 (yes that's lucky for me) and max skill the lady. Now have 2 max skilled Izanami's.

coy

Wish you had a wood team for that Athena.

It's random, last week I spent 2 stones on 20 plus eggs. Yesterday I spent 3 stones, and ranked up once and ended with 66 plus eggs.

My Urd is +297, and I think I'm going to +297 Athena next, I use her so much for farming. With several Awoken cards, Ceres, Hades, Minerva, Parvati, Lakshmi, I'd like to +297 one or more of them, but they seem too situational, maybe I just haven't found the right teams for them yet.
I get that it's random. It's just deflating to go a dozen straight runs with no drops. I spent my stamina elsewhere after that unlucky streak.

zoku88

Rolled two more times, got Apocolypse and Haku (already evolved)

Not sure how useful Ap is (Athena sub?), but I really wanted one of the chinese gods.

Meimei would have been better, but I'm happy with Haku

hermit7

Rolled two more times, got Apocolypse and Haku (already evolved)

Not sure how useful Ap is (Athena sub?), but I really wanted one of the chinese gods.

Meimei would have been better, but I'm happy with Haku

Apocalypse is a great sub for Athena. He us max skilled at 10 but there will be a new change that reduces cool down of other monsters by one. A little different than Meimei for Athena but on color at least.

zoku88

Apocalypse is a great sub for Athena. He us max skilled at 10 but there will be a new change that reduces cool down of other monsters by one. A little different than Meimei for Athena but on color at least.

Oh, the meimei comment was comparing to Haku, just to be clear. Since I use green teams way more often that dark teams.

hermit7

Oh, the meimei comment was comparing to Haku, just to be clear. Since I use green teams way more often that dark teams.

Ah i misunderstood that then. Haku is a great sub overall. One of the best in the game and is highly sought after for full orb change and her 2 dark rows. Great for ronia beelzebub or Pandora.

That is really just the surface though and dark team.with a full orb change will welcome her.

Top Bottom