• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Speaking of Minerva, I just pulled her this past GF. Is she still effective in the newest content? I'm thinking something like:

Minerva/CaoCao/Kagu/Gadius/Chiyome/Minerva

She's still very strong as long as there's a lot of light/dark. I cleared the most recent JP descend with her. She does need an enhance of some kind to do decent damage. Usually use Awoken Horus on JP, and a combination of Freyr and Hera-Ur on NA. Chiyome is probably best dropped for something similar.

Everything was going good until I reached Ares he brings you down to -99% HP. How do you guys deal with that? My beelz/ronia team doesn't heal up quick enough.

Vulcan? Minerva rolls this dungeon as long as you can outlast Volcano Dragon's ten turn fire absorb. It's also possible to pair Ronia/Minerva with the right team lineup. Just need to hit enough to get under 50%.

Glad to be done with PAD Academy. Fuck that dungeon. Actually, fuck Hera-Ur. I lost count, but it must've taken around 80+ feeds to max her. I actually got Gang Gigas max awoken and skill level 5 from just dupes.

Ouch. I was pretty lucky when I finished mine in around 30 feeds. But then I turned around and had several random fails in Dragon Challenge, so I guess it evened out.

Rolled Scholarship Isis too randomly using the REM. No clue if shes any good but love the artwork. Probably going to add her to my Healer team when I get the team requirement in a few more levels.

SS Isis is a good color combo lead since she boosts HP and has a high damage output. Her sub pool is a little limited, multiple Light Kali being required for the best teams.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lately i dont really know what to do in this game...i run KotG from time to time but otherwise most desc i can clear....i cleared and the other stuff is just too tough for me. I havent tried the Alt. Coin dungeons yet and am nearing Rank 300...would that be the next step ? Otherwise all that is left to do is farming weekly evo dungeons i often dont need.

I really need to look into the Alt Coin dungeons and see what the best way to farm money.

Edit:

Do you have to stone to use Coing dungeons effectively ? Because 1 hour isnt much and with natural stamina i wont be able to do many runs.

Yeah I've been using U&Y less and less lately. But I could never feed them away. They were my starting roll, so the sentimental value is too great.

As for DQ, I used to use them all the time, but I haven't used LZL in months, and my Athena team has been fine without her. SS Isis will never be my endgame team, but I really like her, and the plusses would certainly help with her viablility. I'd probably be better off feeding DQ to Bastet or Minerva, who are proven effective in the endgame.

Speaking of Minerva, I just pulled her this past GF. Is she still effective in the newest content? I'm thinking something like:

Minerva/CaoCao/Kagu/Gadius/Chiyome/Minerva

I can understand that - they werent my starting toll but my first Top Tier leader i build a team around. But at the same time i hit a wall where i cant do the difficult quest and it sucks the fun out of the game for me i really need to focus on +egging my key green subs.

But to be fair....i have 3 more U&Y dupes, with one of them being being max skilled/max leveled as well, so even when i feed him off i will be able to run a solid U&Y team with my subs.

PS. If thats the case i would feed DQ off to A.Bastet - as you said she is a proven endgame leader.

So I finally have my final piece for awoken Shiva

It took 2 stones but after Phoenix dropped on floor 4 I was willing to use up to 5 stones.

Everything was going good until I reached Ares he brings you down to -99% HP. How do you guys deal with that? My beelz/ronia team doesn't heal up quick enough.

Nice - congrats !!
I think i got Phoenix once via drop or PEM and sold him off because i thought he was useless...well xD

Cleared with DMeta attacker team. Easy.

Cool - if i ever pull Hanzo i will give DMeta shot as well.

jay23

Vulcan? Minerva rolls this dungeon as long as you can outlast Volcano Dragon's ten turn fire absorb. It's also possible to pair Ronia/Minerva with the right team lineup. Just need to hit enough to get under 50%.

Yea Vulcan, well now that I have Zeus Vulcan I can awaken Minerva to 0 stone Zeus Vulcan haha. Maybe I'll be able to clear some of those difficult challenge dungeons

Lately i dont really know what to do in this game...i run KotG from time to time but otherwise most desc i can clear....i cleared and the other stuff is just too tough for me. I havent tried the Alt. Coin dungeons yet and am nearing Rank 300...would that be the next step ? Otherwise all that is left to do is farming weekly evo dungeons i often dont need.

I really need to look into the Alt Coin dungeons and see what the best way to farm money.

Nice - congrats !!
I think i got Phoenix once via drop or PEM and sold him off because i thought he was useless...well xD

Thanks man I think I may have done the same thing with Phoenix.

And I sometimes feel the same way I haven't cleared as many descendeds as you but some of the stuff is still too difficult. Alt coin only seems useful if you're trying to farm for Piis. I think focusing on one team and farming plus points would be best. Even tho thats boring as fuck.

mike23

So I finally have my final piece for awoken Shiva

It took 2 stones but after Phoenix dropped on floor 4 I was willing to use up to 5 stones.

Just used your strategy to get mine. Took 4 runs for it to drop (lucky), then I had to use a single stone on Ares to win. Last time I did this for Minerva, I had to stone once on Zeus but I got past Ares just fine. If I had one or two more heart orbs after the -99% I would have been able to zero-stone it.

I still need another Theurgia for Shiva though, hopefully it comes around soon. I can beat it on Mythical pretty easily though.

Azusa

Do you have to stone to use Coing dungeons effectively ? Because 1 hour isnt much and with natural stamina i wont be able to do many runs.

Did you check exp/sta ratio for alt. dungeons? It's insane. I farmed them a bit and usually rank up several times.

jay23

Just used your strategy to get mine. Took 4 runs for it to drop (lucky), then I had to use a single stone on Ares to win. Last time I did this for Minerva, I had to stone once on Zeus but I got past Ares just fine. If I had one or two more heart orbs after the -99% I would have been able to zero-stone it.

I still need another Theurgia for Shiva though, hopefully it comes around soon. I can beat it on Mythical pretty easily though.

Nice, looks like we won't have a shortage of awoken Shiva friends in this thread.

She's still very strong as long as there's a lot of light/dark. I cleared the most recent JP descend with her. She does need an enhance of some kind to do decent damage. Usually use Awoken Horus on JP, and a combination of Freyr and Hera-Ur on NA. Chiyome is probably best dropped for something similar.
Yeah, I was thinking of dropping Chiyome for Hera Ur. Three 5-turn orb changers seems excessive for a grindy team. Unfortunately I had no luck with skilling her up this week, so her CD is a little long.

Quantum

I'm probably missing something obvious, but why is awoken shiva such a great lead?

I'm comparing to Urd in my mind, urd has 3.3x lead at full health and 3.0x without match needed.

with decent subs the rcv on a dual urd team is great.

- I have everything to make a great shiva team (and will probably) - maybe I'm just missing something

? more hp?

Jagernaut

Double Awoken Shiva team has 20.25x atk at 6 combos and 2.25x rcv. Both leaders have high base attack, double 2 prongs and 2 extend time awakenings for a total of 2 extra seconds. At 6 combos each Shiva will hit 45.56x atk for each 4 fire orb match.

mike23

I'm probably missing something obvious, but why is awoken shiva such a great lead?

I'm comparing to Urd in my mind, urd has 3.3x lead at full health and 3.0x without match needed.

with decent subs the rcv on a dual urd team is great.

- I have everything to make a great shiva team (and will probably) - maybe I'm just missing something

? more hp?

Urd is a 3.3x lead. Shiva is 4.5x. 1.5x unconditional + 3x at 6 combos. So with a pair it's 10.89x vs 20.25x

ZeroAKA

What subs are you guys planning to use with Awoken Shiva? I might work on a Shiva team after I'm done with Awoken Ra and Bastet.

Jagernaut

How, exactly, does shiva's multiplier work for like 4-5 combos?

1-3 combos - 1,5x atk for each leader, 2.25x atk total

4 combos - 1.5x atk + 2x atk = 3.5x atk for each leader, 12.25x atk total

5 combos - 1.5x atk + 2.5x atk = 4x atk for each leader, 16x atk total

6 combos - 1.5x atk + 3x atk = 4.5x atk for each leader, 20.25x atk total

mike23

What subs are you guys planning to use with Awoken Shiva? I might work on a Shiva team after I'm done with Awoken Ra and Bastet.

Tentatively, I'll do Shiva/Urd/Chiyome/Hino/Cao Cao/Shiva.
At least once Cao Cao's R/G ultimate comes out. Until then, maybe I'll replace him with a second Hino

RCV is the main problem of Awoken Shiva team.

Except Urd and RValk, i got enough subs for the team: Hino, Cao Cao, Chiyome, Mamiya and RGY. So which sub should i put there?

Epic Drop

Except Urd and RValk, i got enough subs for the team: Hino, Cao Cao, Chiyome, Mamiya and RGY. So which sub should i put there?

Yep, low base rcv is the teams biggest weakness by far. But the return for rcv egging the team is nuts due to the 2.25x rcv multiplier. I'm currently saving all of my eggs for my Shiva team... It'll be my first combo lead and I'm pumped.

I'd run Shiva / caocao / urd / rvalk / hino / Shiva

Sub out hino for mamiya or chiyome depending on if you need the active, awakenings, or rcv.

razterik

Thanks everyone for the tips for awoken shiva. So a second awoken Kagu would be a good fit (pulled w second last week)

That's good for power, but it sacrifices skill lock resist unless you have a red Chester. Also eats all the hearts, which makes it a little harder to stay healed. I'm not a big fan of red Valk on the team for this reason as well.

Yea Vulcan, well now that I have Zeus Vulcan I can awaken Minerva to 0 stone Zeus Vulcan haha. Maybe I'll be able to clear some of those difficult challenge dungeons

Haha, yeah, oops. Assumed you were just in it for Phoenix and had run it before. Well, basically an unconventional pairing with a resist lead can be better than HP boost when gravity is a concern.

Yeah, I was thinking of dropping Chiyome for Hera Ur. Three 5-turn orb changers seems excessive for a grindy team. Unfortunately I had no luck with skilling her up this week, so her CD is a little long.

I ran unskilled Ur for a long time. It's less an issue since the team is stalling for skills most of the time anyway. A max skill Echidna can be a good substitute when status shields aren't a problem.

Quantum

oh ok - thank you.

I was reading 1.5 uncon, 3x with 6 combos.

4.5x is much nicer - seems like something to be working towards.

Yep, low base rcv is the teams biggest weakness by far. But the return for rcv egging the team is nuts due to the 2.25x rcv multiplier. I'm currently saving all of my eggs for my Shiva team... It'll be my first combo lead and I'm pumped.

Sub out hino for mamiya or chiyome depending on if you need the active, awakenings, or rcv.
Thanks, i will save all of RCV + eggs for the team. 3x normal can't come soon enough.

hermit7

Any idea on when shiva is going to release, after Egyptians right?

I have all the mats ready for him going to run shiva /urd/urd/hino/Cao Cao as my base team the second urd is there for skill bind as well as her high rcv otherwise it would be shit on this team (no red Valk to sub in). I want to fit in a low cool down orb changer like chiyome but I am not sure where to put them and I want to keep all my skill bind resists as well because that has become such a prominent mechanic.

Quantum

had my gf pull on the acacaREM and she pulled chibi chiyome.

seems like a good shiva (and urd) sub, tpa x 3

PAD RNG wants me to stay red.

yami4ct

I'm going Shiva/R.Valk/Hino/Yamato/Urd/Shiva. If I get a Cao Cao at some point, I'd like to switch him for Yamato. The only thing I don't dig is that it has 80% Skill resist instead of 100. The power tradeoff should more than be worth it I think and if it's really a problem in a dungeon I might sub Leilan or something for R.Valk.

cw_sasuke

Finally was able to clear Diagoldos Mythical for the first time with Verdandi...had to bring along Echidna for the stage before the boss xD

Jewel of Fire get !!

Thanks man I think I may have done the same thing with Phoenix.

And I sometimes feel the same way I haven't cleared as many descendeds as you but some of the stuff is still too difficult. Alt coin only seems useful if you're trying to farm for Piis. I think focusing on one team and farming plus points would be best. Even tho thats boring as fuck.

Agreed - working on it might be boring but once you are near the finish line it will have been worth the effort.

We are getting Starry View Lane tomorrow as well as Guan Yinping! - hope i can get 2 drops for A. Meimei and the Gaia dungeon.
Did you check exp/sta ratio for alt. dungeons? It's insane. I farmed them a bit and usually rank up several times.

Gave it shot yesterday, you really get nice rank exp ( but its not really better than KotG) as well as nice fodder to feed. But it got boring quite fast for some reason....saw 2 Piis during my first try of course they didnt drop xD

Sucks that you have to play the fire focused dungeon for a potential Woodpy, guess you cant have it all.

Kyuur

1-3 combos - 1,5x atk for each leader, 2.25x atk total

4 combos - 1.5x atk + 2x atk = 3.5x atk for each leader, 12.25x atk total

5 combos - 1.5x atk + 2.5x atk = 4x atk for each leader, 16x atk total

6 combos - 1.5x atk + 3x atk = 4.5x atk for each leader, 20.25x atk total

Is this correct? I would think they would be multiplicative since they are separate multipliers (one for fire attr., one for combos):

4 combos = 1.5x * 2x Atk = 3x Atk, 9x Total
5 combos = 1.5x * 2.5x Atk = 3.75x Atk, 14.06x Total
6 combos = 1.5x * 3x Atk = 4.5x Atk, 20.25x Total

Gave it shot yesterday, you really get nice rank exp ( but its not really better than KotG) as well as nice fodder to feed. But it got boring quite fast for some reason....saw 2 Piis during my first try of course they didnt drop xD

Sucks that you have to play the fire focused dungeon for a potential Woodpy, guess you cant have it all.
This is not the best rotation. The Alt. Normals give exp comparable to, and sometimes better than, KotG. But I agree, they are boring.

Jagernaut

Is this correct? I would think they would be multiplicative since they are separate multipliers (one for fire attr., one for combos):

4 combos = 1.5x * 2x Atk = 3x Atk, 9x Total
5 combos = 1.5x * 2.5x Atk = 3.75x Atk, 14.06x Total
6 combos = 1.5x * 3x Atk = 4.5x Atk, 20.25x Total

You are probably correct. I should have multiplied.

am_dragon

Edit:

I really just started running them in the last month, and it's worked really well for me. First you need a team that can clear the dungeons safely, and quickly. My farm team is Athena, Valk, WuKong, MeiMei, Verche, All max level max skilled with about 500 + on the team including a friends Athena. One light 2 prong kills every floor but the bosses.

When to run them... I use padguide for this, you can look at the coin dungeons see the average xp/stamina ratio, and average xp per run. Right now I think Alt. Talos's Abyss - death darkness and dispair (the last level) gives the best xp / stamina ratio. I wait until I have enough stamina to rank up. For example I'm at 90K xp to the next level, would need to run that dungeon 5 times with an average of 20K xp per run, so I would need 160 stamina before I buy the dungeon. This way I rank up while running the dungeon and can continue to run it. Forgot to mention... The first time you run it you will have to go though each level, so you will need about 140 stamina to run thought the whole dungeon, and you will get a stone at then end. You don't really need to worry about trying to level the first time, because the xp will be lower for all but the last dungeon in the set.

Sometimes I will spend a stone just to run a coin dungeon, but most of the time I run it using natural stamina.

After over 35 runs of the PAD Academy dungeon I got my first Gigas. So done. Don't have Dancing Queen so I was only running it for Gigas after I got the stone and Hera-UR Senpai.

After over 35 runs of the PAD Academy dungeon I got my first Gigas. So done. Don't have Dancing Queen so I was only running it for Gigas after I got the stone and Hera-UR Senpai.

Main account couldn't get an invade to save it's life, alt got it after 3 days of ranking up on expert.

Just max leveled Amberjack and have the five dub saphalits to evolve him. Not sure if I should or not. I am terrible on the conditional dungeons, 12 cost only in particular, so i think I'm going to do it just so he's stronger on my BD Guan Yu, Blonia, Amberjack, King Bubblie, FG Ogre and Snow White physical team...

Yay or nay.

zoku88

I've had more Gigas invades than Hera-Ur skillups :S

Almost done, though. One more skill level!

EDIT: Finally got it. Man, running this dungeon almost nonstop all week isn't very fun...

PAD Academy was a total bust for me. Couldn't beat higher than Expert, never got a Gigas invade, couldn't get Hera to drop even with 2x drops, and my last REM roll got me... another mini yamato.

Last week or so I've been feeling burned out on the game, and today certainly didn't help that feeling. I may just log in for the daily bonus for a while, to keep the streak going.

cw_sasuke

Thought about skilling up Astaroth again...and probably wont bother as you guys said she will get an Awoken soon and even her current version is just okay for me since she lacks TPAs.

Skilling up the 3 Sticker Girls i have seems like the better investment.

PS: Still no Poring Tower...boggles my mind, an essential stage like this should be run every 3 month instead they are playing hard to get lol.

It depends on coin rotation. I saw green dungeon with woodpy.
This is not the best rotation. The Alt. Normals give exp comparable to, and sometimes better than, KotG. But I agree, they are boring.

Hmm...okay makes sense maybe the next rotation will have more interesting wood dungeons.

I really just started running them in the last month, and it's worked really well for me. First you need a team that can clear the dungeons safely, and quickly. My farm team is Athena, Valk, WuKong, MeiMei, Verche, All max level max skilled with about 500 + on the team including a friends Athena. One light 2 prong kills every floor but the bosses.

When to run them... I use padguide for this, you can look at the coin dungeons see the average xp/stamina ratio, and average xp per run. Right now I think Alt. Talos's Abyss - death darkness and dispair (the last level) gives the best xp / stamina ratio. I wait until I have enough stamina to rank up. For example I'm at 90K xp to the next level, would need to run that dungeon 5 times with an average of 20K xp per run, so I would need 160 stamina before I buy the dungeon. This way I rank up while running the dungeon and can continue to run it. Forgot to mention... The first time you run it you will have to go though each level, so you will need about 140 stamina to run thought the whole dungeon, and you will get a stone at then end. You don't really need to worry about trying to level the first time, because the xp will be lower for all but the last dungeon in the set.

Havent tried Alt. Talos's Abyss so i will give it a shot the next days, only played the Alt Fire, Wood and Water stage. All of them were easy with Verdandi - guess TPA teams are the way to go for ALT stages.

I will play them from time to time just because you could get lucky and a Pii drop.

Its been a while since played the Weekday Dungeon - didnt know you can make a million on 2x coin events when running on 40 stamina...well and twice as much with Ganesha...quite impressive.

Ended up getting 3/9 golds in Academy REM, which is better than some people. Shame that two of them were Chester. Got Lucifer as my third gold - not terrible since I don't have the original or chibi versions.

smbu2000

During the last event I did manage to clear challenge dungeon 8 with my Ra/LKali team. Having to level up is a pain though and the rewards weren't that great. Tamadra with 30 plus RCV. Glad I used my time for regular farming on my main account. Managed to get my Liu Bei up pretty well during the 3x normal dungeon time. He's currently at +275. RCV at 99, just need HP and ATK plus eggs.

Couldn't quite manage to max skill the Liu Bei on my iPad. Had bad luck with skill ups on it. Just need 1 more to max skill him.

Its been a while since played the Weekday Dungeon - didnt know you can make a million on 2x coin events when running on 40 stamina...well and twice as much with Ganesha...quite impressive.
Yeah, running the weekend dungeon is good for getting coins. Running with my Ganesha lead on the 40 stamina one, I was able to get 1.7 -1.8 million per try. Very nice returns!

Im6tFBJ.png

Tossed 10 stones in, first Collab gold(Not those consolation gold egg) ever, it's a good day.

razterik

Lost a JP stone to Zaerog inf with my A.Shiva team. Made it all the way to the end without difficulty, but my normally high HP team couldn't take a single hit from the boss due to shit level up mechanics. Stoned thinking I could take him out with a good enhanced burst combo, but forgot I was doing fuckall for damage. Managed to knock him to about 10% and resist his skill bind, but he full healed his blue bar. Can't do twelve million damage in one turn with lvl 60s team and four +297s. Ragequit.

Can we get some fun mechanics in here and not this damn punishment garbage. If these half-assed rogue rip offs are the focus of the game now, I'm going to be really bored because I don't want to bother. Only did first five levels of the last Challenge dungeon before I moved on to other stuff that was actually rewarding my time and effort.

cw_sasuke

Man even Sticker Girl skill ups have to be evolved...? Not feeling this at all...i hate everything about this game and skill ups. If there are 2 options they always chose the worse one when it comes to skill ups.

Edit:

Okay it seems that they also drop the evolved versions on higher difficulties....puh.

Jagernaut

I max skilled Fuu, Mitsuki, and Ruka using only already evolved monsters in previous collabs. If you run the dungeons for the whole 2 weeks it can be done.

cw_sasuke

I max skilled Fuu, Mitsuki, and Ruka using only already evolved monsters in previous collabs. If you run the dungeons for the whole 2 weeks it can be done.

Hah...thats exactly the units i need to skill up. Thanks for the heads up.

Did you always go for the 50 stamina stage ?

J0dy77

Man even Sticker Girl skill ups have to be evolved...? Not feeling this at all...i hate everything about this game and skill ups. If there are 2 options they always chose the worse one when it comes to skill ups.

Not disagreeing with you at all, hate the skill-up process. However, the skill-ups are probably the most important part of the success of any team. Gungho makes it a nightmare because of the benefit it provides. Being able to grind it out and max skill a card is what separates good teams from great teams and the casual and elite players.

ccbfan

Sticker girls vs demons?

Who should I skill.

I'm going with sticker girls since demons have a ridicules amount of levels and sticker girls also have a better skill,

Also the whole demons probably getting new actives with awoken evo make me care less.

Are the alt "card" drops from the monsters just to skill up the new REM monsters?

I just got a whole mess of them to drop and I really don't know what to do with them...

Got both invades first run while S-ranking, so at least that's over with

Edit: pulled the collab REM & just got the gold egg King saiba another... So I need to feed him the invade to skill him up... His leader skill is interesting... Asmodeus another is just so much better...

Top Bottom