• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Azusa

Apparently we got 195 stones so far. It's ~1 stone per day.

Pd2ghZp.jpg

Source

Kyuur

Man, doesn't seem like I can beat Goddess Descended - Legend yet with my Verdandi team. I can't OHKO from 40% and I can't tank Valkyrie Blade. Maybe if I sub in my Orochi instead of Odin...

Kyuur

King Woodsie for burst?

Good idea, I didn't even realize she was balanced (and Cu Chu too)! I don't have one on me but time to get one I guess.

Took Orochi in and forgot about Valk's shield. >_>

Edit: I wonder, if I got a Delgado from REM, would it be worth it to sub him in vs Woodsie? Better stats and TPA, but only 2.5x instead of 3x. Just taking a look at options for a Balanced Verdandi team. It never even occurred to me before because everyone was using LBs.

razterik

Max skilling Astaroth through Shinra with the evolved drop is way easier than it used to be, even for non-IAP. Of course now you can get trolled with card drops instead of her skill up, so it's not a guaranteed drop even on the highest difficulty.

Arch demons probably get Awoken in two or three months.

My plan is to remax devil Shiva and Arthur, don't think I have anything else to work on. Not pulling the REM because anything besides Kiriko does nothing for me.

zoku88

Max skilling Astaroth through Shinra with the evolved drop is way easier than it used to be, even for non-IAP. Of course now you can get trolled with card drops instead of her skill up, so it's not a guaranteed drop even on the highest difficulty.

Knowing my luck, I won't get a single skill up for Astaroth. again..

<-- Looking at my Hera Ur with only one skill up so far...

Knowing my luck, I won't get a single skill up for Astaroth. again..

<-- Looking at my Hera Ur with only one skill up so far...
Yeah I have nothing to show for farming Hera-Ur skill ups. I think I'm 0/12 or so. And this isn't the easiest dungeon to farm either.

I'll probably pass on Astaroth skill ups. I'm holding out for that awoken uvo.

Raika

Sakuya
Meimei
Sakuya
Haku
Haku
Karin
Haku
Sakuya
Haku
Karin
Haku
Meimei
Meimei
Meimei
Leilan

700 stamina for my red orb to finally show up.

Well then.

:(

yami4ct

SB collab seems pretty useless for me, but I'm always glad to see collabs come around. Not going to skill up Lakshimi or Shiva as their Awoken editions override those and Astaroth isn't useful enough for me to go through the grind process for.

Will run for the free stone, though.

zoku88

What's the basis of you guys thinking the Archdemons are getting Awoken forms soon? Are they going in a certain order or something?

SB collab seems pretty useless for me, but I'm always glad to see collabs come around. Not going to skill up Lakshimi or Shiva as their Awoken editions override those and Astaroth isn't useful enough for me to go through the grind process for.

Will run for the free stone, though.
Since I have dupe Shivas, I'd still like a max-skilled non-awoken one, since the awoken form doesn't have 100% armor break.

am_dragon

Since I have dupe Shivas, I'd still like a max-skilled non-awoken one, since the awoken form doesn't have 100% armor break.

I wish I had a dupe Shiva, I worked so hard to max skill the one I have. I have dupes of Bastet, Minerva, Hades, Ceres so it's a no brainier to awoken one. I'm still not sure about Shiva, I may hold off when he comes out. Good job Gungho now I want to pull dupes.

Skill ups are maybe my biggest complaint about the game, having pulled 3 pii's out of the coin dungeons in the last 2 days make me feel a little better. I guess I'm just going to stock up on coins, and spend my daily Stam there. Im currently waiting on 2x for the Fantir survey, that a-hole has been in my box for 2 years and is sitting at skill level 3.

Noaloha

Skill ups are maybe my biggest complaint about the game

The skill-up system is absolutely the worst thing about the game. A fundamentally punitive-overall mechanic. There's a fine line in a 'grind' between a sense of accomplishment and a sense of begrudging acceptance. PAD sits nowhere near that line, opting to rest so far toward the latter extremity.

coy

I need woodpys badly.

Now that I have Awoken Parvati, I took her out to do Endless Corridor, which I have yet to complete but more due to laziness than team composition or ability. With GAF down throughout the day, I thought let's try it out during lunch. Parvati is at lv36 from the evo mats and tamas fed to her. Took a max level/skill friend and had Verdandi/Liu Bei/GZL/Kushi as subs. Parvati is no joke. She heals to full quite easily and the damage output is scary good. I'm almost done +egging Liu Bei and had thought of going with either Bastet or Meimei next, but I am leaning towards Parvati now. My woodpys were gonna go to Bastet, but again I may be rolling Parvati. Really impressed with what her team can do.

Started my subs for awoken shiva (I've got a shiva and his awoken mats all ready to go).

Awoken kagatsuchi was attained today. Next up is prepping cao cao for ultimate evolution. Already have ultimate red valk.

Who else are good subs for awoken shiva? Would a Ronia work (no dual prongs, but great active and stats)? Ultimate chiyome (even got one max skilled and awoken)?

Spoit

Started my subs for awoken shiva (I've got a shiva and his awoken mats all ready to go).

Awoken kagatsuchi was attained today. Next up is prepping cao cao for ultimate evolution. Already have ultimate red valk.

Who else are good subs for awoken shiva? Would a Ronia work (no dual prongs, but great active and stats)? Ultimate chiyome (even got one max skilled and awoken)?

more kagus/chibi rodin/chibi chiyome :D

Epic Drop

Besides kagu, caocao, and red valk, the only other popular subs I've seen are urd and yamato.

We should be friends... I'm all ready for awoken Shiva as well.

jay23

Ha I'm doing the same just need a divine onyx mask for d.izanami so I can awaken kagu. Chiyome would work because of tpa not sure about ronia tho, if you don't have any betters subs I guess she's not bad. You have key sub's with cao cao, kagu, and red valk. Urd and yamato would be the best options if you have them.

Jagernaut

I have to agree with the others, a max skilled Urd would be ideal for Awoken Shiva. Ronia's skill takes too long and she has no prongs.

am_dragon

I need woodpys badly.

Now that I have Awoken Parvati, I took her out to do Endless Corridor, which I have yet to complete but more due to laziness than team composition or ability. With GAF down throughout the day, I thought let's try it out during lunch. Parvati is at lv36 from the evo mats and tamas fed to her. Took a max level/skill friend and had Verdandi/Liu Bei/GZL/Kushi as subs. Parvati is no joke. She heals to full quite easily and the damage output is scary good. I'm almost done +egging Liu Bei and had thought of going with either Bastet or Meimei next, but I am leaning towards Parvati now. My woodpys were gonna go to Bastet, but again I may be rolling Parvati. Really impressed with what her team can do.

I did the same thing with Lakshmi, due to the 2 bubpy's I pulled out of a coin dungeon yesterday I was able to max skill her. She is level 80, and I took my Andromeda, Max lvl, max skill, Hatsume, lvl 80 max skill, Amberjack lvl 50 skill 2, and Ruka, lvl 80 max skill. I did endless, not true endless. I walked though everything up to Hera, then the damage out put didn't really seem up to the task. I'm not sure I'm playing her right, pulling a full line of heal and a 2 prong or 2 sets of 3 blue isn't do hard to achieve but you do a lot of orb management. I got past Hera as I could tank the hit, heal and hit back, but died on Zeus. I'm not sure if I needed a damage boost, different subs, something. I've seen a few videos of her clearing high level challenge dungeons, so I know the power is there.

I was surprised at the damage level though, I really did walk though most levels with a full line of hearts and a single 3 water match. I guess I should do the math, but you only get a 4x boost, that's nothing compared to a Kirin, Kali team, but much easier to activate.

razterik

Lakshmi is mostly a row team, like Ronia. So matching TPAs or single matches isn't going to bring out her full power. Hearts don't have to be a full row, L or cross shapes work. Your team shouldn't have any trouble clearing normal Endless.

yami4ct

I'm going to be running Shiva/R-Valk/Urd/Yamato/Hino/Shiva. I might throw Leilan depending on how things shake up. Team is behind my devil team I'm currently building and the Awoken Ra team that'll be my next big descend team, so it'll take a while before I actually get it up and running.

Epic Drop

I was surprised at the damage level though, I really did walk though most levels with a full line of hearts and a single 3 water match. I guess I should do the math, but you only get a 4x boost, that's nothing compared to a Kirin, Kali team, but much easier to activate.

The 4x is multiplied by Lakshmi's base 6.25x passive damage multiplier, so it is actually really equal to 25x.

Damage really isn't an issue with lakshmi, but you've got to focus on getting water rows, not just matches of three or four. For instance, I had this happen today... Over 4 million damage with a single card, and I hadn't even used blodins enhance (though I did get a nice skyfall).

mike23

My Friday Mythical team. Works out perfectly. Only negative is that I only have 9 dark attacks for clearing the second floor which means I need to squeeze in a single fire or water mass attack in the two rounds.

Lilith is there for round 3 to skip all the Tamadra BS. She is max skilled so she's up very quickly with 8 skill boosts. I should Ult Evo her at some point though.

Then Pandora > Valk > DMeta on the last floor to easily one shot both of them.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shit - just got orb trolled 3 times in a row....aargh.
Dont think i can handle U&Y anymore - i think i will feed him off into A.Bastet or Parvati and go full on green. If i can egg up my green subs i should be able to tackle tougher Challenges as well.

So I rolled the Academy REM with my 350 day bonus and...

I'm thinking about feeding my +210, maxed skilled DQ to her. I never use DQ, and I love everything about SS Isis.

Congrats man !!

I would feed DQ if you dont use her often or she isnt integral part of the teams you are working on - sacrifices are justified if PaD Academy Isis lets you clear more difficult quests.

cw_sasuke

Finally Zhang Fei obtained....single green TPA was enough to finish him off - based GZL :eek:

mike23

Finally Zhang Fei obtained....single green TPA was enough to finish him off - based GZL :eek:

Nice, you inspired me to give it a shot as well with GZL. I don't use him very often because my levels are low and my HP is abysmal for most things. I remember trying this before the change allowing subtypes and I couldn't even beat Master. I think I tried a rainbow team lead by Nanto Suichoken Master, Rei, lol.

I lost once on Legend because I forgot about the preemptive possibility on floor 3 and got rocked. I only had 12752 HP too which could have been bad without a shield if I had skyfall healed before 3.

cw_sasuke

Nice, you inspired me to give it a shot as well with GZL. I don't use him very often because my levels are low and my HP is abysmal for most things. I remember trying this before the change allowing subtypes and I couldn't even beat Master. I think I tried a rainbow team lead by Nanto Suichoken Master, Rei, lol.

I lost once on Legend because I forgot about the preemptive possibility on floor 3 and got rocked. I only had 12752 HP too which could have been bad without a shield if I had skyfall healed before 3.

Hah nice congrats - we used pretty much the same team but i use Marine Rider instead of Sasuke - which means i can be orb trolled in the first 2 runs xD

Yeah nowadays i dont use GZL often because most of the times there are safer Wood teams to run - but if i need him he rarely disappoints. If you survive the first round with him and get below 80% there isnt much that can stop you unless the orbs keep coming.

If he ever gets an UEvo with a 3rd TPA Awakening....lord.

PS. Man you got really lucky with those drops on Master as well xD

jay23

So I finally have my final piece for awoken Shiva

It took 2 stones but after Phoenix dropped on floor 4 I was willing to use up to 5 stones.

Everything was going good until I reached Ares he brings you down to -99% HP. How do you guys deal with that? My beelz/ronia team doesn't heal up quick enough.

Shit - just got orb trolled 3 times in a row....aargh.
Dont think i can handle U&Y anymore - i think i will feed him off into A.Bastet or Parvati and go full on green. If i can egg up my green subs i should be able to tackle tougher Challenges as well.

Congrats man !!

I would feed DQ if you dont use her often or she isnt integral part of the teams you are working on - sacrifices are justified if PaD Academy Isis lets you clear more difficult quests.
Yeah I've been using U&Y less and less lately. But I could never feed them away. They were my starting roll, so the sentimental value is too great.

As for DQ, I used to use them all the time, but I haven't used LZL in months, and my Athena team has been fine without her. SS Isis will never be my endgame team, but I really like her, and the plusses would certainly help with her viablility. I'd probably be better off feeding DQ to Bastet or Minerva, who are proven effective in the endgame.

Speaking of Minerva, I just pulled her this past GF. Is she still effective in the newest content? I'm thinking something like:

Minerva/CaoCao/Kagu/Gadius/Chiyome/Minerva

Ducarmel

Minerva trivializes a couple level 10 challenge dungeons. If you did not have a way to beat them before now you may have a way.

Glad to be done with PAD Academy. Fuck that dungeon. Actually, fuck Hera-Ur. I lost count, but it must've taken around 80+ feeds to max her. I actually got Gang Gigas max awoken and skill level 5 from just dupes.

Rolled Scholarship Isis too randomly using the REM. No clue if shes any good but love the artwork. Probably going to add her to my Healer team when I get the team requirement in a few more levels.

Top Bottom