• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

Is there anything worth keeping from all the drops in this collab?

Cleared Heracles mythical yesterday and Takeminakata mythical today. Gonna try and clear Guan Yinping with my DQ team when it comes back at 5.

Rixa

Made 2 runs in this Shinra collab. One in both version (easiest run). Got 2 of those Enhancer cards to drop and also got some monsters. It seems I can evolve this one unit when I get it to level 25 (I think I do it cause I like the picture :D), other one Iam missing some purple lit.

And what about those cards and that 4* Waffledude, only good use if I pull from collab? If not can I use them to enhance something else (gives ok exp if I use)?

Screenshot_2015-07-06-21-26-45.png
Screenshot_2015-07-06-21-27-03.png

Screenshot_2015-07-06-21-27-18.png
Screenshot_2015-07-06-21-28-13.png

Negator

Goddess in Paradise isn't a bad farm spot. Pengdras, Dub myths, and decent exp.

I haven't tried mechdragon yet, 50 stamina is a lot to potentially lose all at once.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Not disagreeing with you at all, hate the skill-up process. However, the skill-ups are probably the most important part of the success of any team. Gungho makes it a nightmare because of the benefit it provides. Being able to grind it out and max skill a card is what separates good teams from great teams and the casual and elite players.

I understand that skill lvl is and +eggs are the mayor difference between Great teams and standard team. I just find it weird how they decide which units need to be evolved first before skilling up - the 3K Gods have very powerful skills yet and their skill ups dont need to be evolved, while the Chinese Gods and LMeta need it.

In addition to that - stages that provide skill up feeds for basic units like Poring Tower dont show up more than twice a year...if at all. Its just the combination of these things that sucks...being lucky getting a goof gacha unit isnt enough...max leveling not enough...max awoken not enough...i have had BValk for half a year and she is more or less useless because i cant skill her up lol.

Sure once you get used to it and lower your expectations its easier to deal - but the randomness of the skill ups is just weird to me. Some of the most OP skills in the game can be skilled up quite easy with constant access to skill ups while beginners have to wait like 6 months to be able to skill up their farmable orb changers.

I always did the hardest difficulty for the guaranteed drops. Still only 50/50 for the particular monster you need.

Yeah, sounds like the safes option outside of 2x drop. Thanks.

Made 2 runs in this Shinra collab. One in both version (easiest run). Got 2 of those Enhancer cards to drop and also got some monsters. It seems I can evolve this one unit when I get it to level 25 (I think I do it cause I like the picture :D), other one Iam missing some purple lit.

And what about those cards and that 4* Waffledude, only good use if I pull from collab? If not can I use them to enhance something else (gives ok exp if I use)?

With the 4* Waffledude you could skill up Fuu.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1514

Dont know if you should bother with leveling the other cards up, probably better to use them just as exp fodder.

cw_sasuke

He has Verdandi do though, which is probably one of the best leads for could dungeons.

If you pack subs with enough TPA and orb changers you are good to go. Though you might bring along GZL if the high Def enemies show up... They can screw up your run real quick heh xD

am_dragon

Spent a mil only to get rekt on level 3 of Alt Creek of Neleus. Dublits and ogres hit so hard. :(

I have a team of dual color cards 8 light, and 4 green, it takes at least one light and one green match on each turn of the 2 turn dubs to kill them. I've died to them a couple times not paying attention. Fortunately they generally don't show up very often. In general yes all of the coin dungeon mobs hit hard.

Negator

So I've been told to save skillups for 2x events, but what about 2x great/super? Should I bother evolving all these pengdras if they are filling up my box or should I just go ahead and feed them as is? I've been running technicals all day for the 1.5x drops.

So I've been told to save skillups for 2x events, but what about 2x great/super? Should I bother evolving all these pengdras if they are filling up my box or should I just go ahead and feed them as is? I've been running technicals all day for the 1.5x drops.
For things that give a lot of exp (snowglobes, fatty metal, etc), I'd wait for 2x GREAT/SUPER. Pengdras are easy enough to farm that I'd value box space over the better odds of more exp.

Kyuur

He has Verdandi do though, which is probably one of the best leads for could dungeons.

If you pack subs with enough TPA and orb changers you are good to go. Though you might bring along GZL if the high Def enemies show up... They can screw up your run real quick heh xD

My subs are pretty weaksauce right now.. need to rank up so I can actually Evo my guys. My team is looking like Verdandi/Odin/CuChu/RedFafnir/KingWoodsie atm.

Anyone here run an attacker team? My fiancee is running Hanzo/Sasuke (not uvo'd yet) and needs some more buddies. She's fairly low rank but plays everyday!

cw_sasuke

Beat guan yinping

With this team

HP on that team is terrible tho, do most people team up DQ and XQ for the hp boost?

Sweet - congrats.

Also got finally my GYP drop - but i couldnt handle Legend because of my low level subs xD Took me 4 attempts to get a drop. I need one more unit for Awoken Meimei down the line.

Need to level her now so i can attempt Gaia and A. Hades in the future.
My subs are pretty weaksauce right now.. need to rank up so I can actually Evo my guys. My team is looking like Verdandi/Odin/CuChu/RedFafnir/KingWoodsie atm.

Anyone here run an attacker team? My fiancee is running Hanzo/Sasuke (not uvo'd yet) and needs some more buddies. She's fairly low rank but plays everyday!

Hmm...wouldnt it be better to put in a 2nd ChuChu instead of subs like Fafnir or Odin without TPA ? Dont think you really need Odin on a Verdandi team. Might wanna try to farm units like Ancient Dragon Knight,Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun

I dont run an Attacker lead - but you might find someone on the GAF Google Doc.
Have fun, you got present :)

Ah sweet -thanks :)

SS Isis made Guan Yinping a breeze. All ready for awoken Meimei and Bastet now (well, except for sphinx...).

I think I have my SS Isis team locked down.

SS Isis/BValk/U&Y/Blodin/Merlin/SS Isis

The questionable inclusion I guess is Odin since he misses out on the passive buff. But his stats are so big anyway that I probably wouldn't remove him except for maybe DKali. Sadly I'm missing SQ and LKali to make the team truly great.

Kyuur

Hmm...wouldnt it be better to put in a 2nd ChuChu instead of subs like Fafnir or Odin without TPA ? Dont think you really need Odin on a Verdandi team. Might wanna try to farm units like Ancient Dragon Knight,Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun

My team cost isn't high enough to fit a uvo'd CuChu in (unless I replace the others with trash mobs I guess), let alone 2! But that's probably a good idea once I can.

ADK is an interesting idea, I shrugged him off for converting fire orbs but I guess that's not a big deal since main attribute does so much more damage and he has TPA. Zhang Fei is out of reach since I have 0 attacker cards and maybe 1 physical. Could give Zhao Yun a shot though..

Thanks for the advice!

cw_sasuke

Man these Shinrabansho Choco Collab units are really nice exp fodders....sucks that i have to run the other dungeon for Sticker Girls skill ups lol.

Zhao Yun descended looks very intimidating, a few hard hitting monsters and all of those binds.

Yeah thats not the easiest dungeon because if you hit some of the enemies too hard they rage kill you asap or screw up your turn.

quickmemo_2015-06-13-9fkqd.png

I cleared Mythical with this team ...at the end i decided just to one shot him before he puts up his combo shield, i knew it would have likely screwed me over lol.

My team cost isn't high enough to fit a uvo'd CuChu in (unless I replace the others with trash mobs I guess), let alone 2! But that's probably a good idea once I can.

ADK is an interesting idea, I shrugged him off for converting fire orbs but I guess that's not a big deal since main attribute does so much more damage and he has TPA. Zhang Fei is out of reach since I have 0 attacker cards and maybe 1 physical. Could give Zhao Yun a shot though..

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah no prob - that Zhao Yun dungeon also can be tough if you dont have a 100% skill bind resist. But you can get the drop from Legend down the line.

jay23

Man these Shinrabansho Choco Collab units are really nice exp fodders....sucks that i have to run the other dungeon for Sticker Girls skill ups lol.

Yeah thats not the easiest dungeon because if you hit some of the enemies too hard they rage kill you asap or screw up your turn.

I cleared Mythical with this team ...at the end i decided just to one shot him before he puts up his combo shield, i knew it would have likely screwed me over lol.

Yeah no prob - that Zhao Yun dungeon also can be tough if you dont have a 100% skill bind resist. But you can get the drop from Legend down the line.

Cleared it on legend and got the drops I needed

I'm missing a few Lui Beis to create that team lol

I'll go back for the stone when my Minerva team is ready.

yami4ct

Norse skill change is a good one. Will make me feel even better about running Loki on my devil squad for a secondary mini-burst. Sad to see Nukes become completely a thing of the past, but with the power creep that was destined to happen. Only way to completely keep them would be to increase their power 10 fold or something, and that would be pretty OP for the units they're on. Haste makes better balance sense.

It's funny how REM luck works on two separate accounts. My US account has an extra Yamato and Uriel I don't use that would be perfect for my Gadius team on my JP alt and my JP Alt has a Perseus and Susano I'd kill to have for my Bastet team on my US main. Sure, I can't complain since my US account basically has a perfect Awoken Ra team (2x L.kali, D.Kali, Isis), but still funny.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Looking for more gaffer friends on JP for my non-IAP alt.

Just had my first +297 over two months of scattered playtime thanks to 3x plus in normals.

Friend id is 228,495,934

Here is part of my box:

cPMpvVw.png

cw_sasuke

Cleared it on legend and got the drops I needed

I'm missing a few Lui Beis to create that team lol

I'll go back for the stone when my Minerva team is ready.

Nice...congrats on the drops !!

Hope ill at some point also have a team where i can farm him easily...right now its still a bit stressful on Mythical lol.
Double prong, double row, healer type Persephone. Haha, knew it.

http://pad.gungho.jp/member/150708_sinka.html

Oh my girl slowly converting to green...she knows how to adapt xD
She would be good in a Awoken Hades team i guess ?

razterik

Basically she's better for everything but Beelzebub. Not devil anymore. I don't like the stat trade off for a little bit more RCV, but the awakenings are worth it. It will be interesting to see where the rest of the pantheon goes since their awakenings are all over the place. Artemis is getting at least double TPA for sure.

cw_sasuke

Basically she's better for everything but Beelzebub. Not devil anymore. I don't like the stat trade off for a little bit more RCV, but the awakenings are worth it. It will be interesting to see where the rest of the pantheon goes since their awakenings are all over the place. Artemis is getting at least double TPA for sure.

That sounds good, i guess the other Artemis UEvo will also get a different subtype ? She was a part of my GZL team at the beginning - would be great if she could make a comeback. Double TPA + Attacker subtype would be great :-D

coy

I can live with Persephone losing Devil typing. Though, I wish I didn't feed off my initial one to Liu Bei for the +eggs after rolling a dupe. As I have no other gods from this pantheon, I'll look to roll it as I expect similarly nice awakenings for the others.

Also, don't try descends at 3 in the morning with a fussy baby.

cw_sasuke

Whats the point of having Holy Dragon Stone show up in the Shinra Bansho when he never drops ? lol

Kreed

I finally got Awoken Lakshmi yesterday and I'm definitely enjoying her playing style much more than Light Kali. It reminds me of what I enjoy about Red Sonia in that it is much easier to play and make her necessary combos consistency while still capable of clearing just about anything. For subs I'm currently using Andromeda, Karin, Hermes, and Idunn & Idunna. I think I need a heart maker so I may drop Hermes or Idunn & Idunna for Snow White but I'll wait until the next set of challlenges and see how well the current set up works.

hermit7

Would love for Artemis to get 2 tpa. Would make a great Bastet sub or any green sub really.

I think that I will change over Pers. Make her into a Zuoh sub and her awakenings are going to be great.

On another note Shiva and the Egyptian gods (minus Isis) I think were in the data released today! Shiva here we come.

zoku88

I'll probably switch my current Persephone to the new one once it gets released.

For some reason, I'm really keen on building a good Durga team even though I've actually never used mine.

With my current box, I could possibly do this in the future.

Durga - B/R valkyrie- beel - B/G perse - DKali

Sounds like it could be powerful

Edit and zoku realizes that black and blue start with the same letter. I mean black for all of those.

yami4ct

New Persephone benefits every team but the team I user her on (Beelz). I expected that, so it's fine. I'll stick with her D/R. She provides enough utility with her ability and RCV boost anyway.

Sphinx getting added! So, is he likely coming next event? I wonder if they're going to skip over Zeus-Hera so we can get the Awoken Egyptians out quicker. Hopefully Awoken Isis isn't far behind.

I love the sounds of a 2 TPA Artemis as well. Will make a great sub for my Awoken Bastet team. I'm only 1 board changer away from my ideal version of that team if that comes. Really need to roll that Genbu or Verdandi.

Jonsoncao

Banned
New Persephone benefits every team but the team I user her on (Beelz). I expected that, so it's fine. I'll stick with her D/R. She provides enough utility with her ability and RCV boost anyway.

Sphinx getting added! So, is he likely coming next event? I wonder if they're going to skip over Zeus-Hera so we can get the Awoken Egyptians out quicker. Hopefully Awoken Isis isn't far behind.

I love the sounds of a 2 TPA Artemis as well. Will make a great sub for my Awoken Bastet team. I'm only 1 board changer away from my ideal version of that team if that comes. Really need to roll that Genbu or Verdandi.

Based on my experience for harder dungeons like Kaguya, Sonia Gran, Zeus Vulcan, for the Beelz x Ronia team, having the non-IAP combo of Duke+DJ is far better than D/R Persephone.

For IAP,
Pandora + Duke
Pandora x2
Zuoh + Pandora
are all far better.

D/R Persephone is somehow in a awkward position if you will (and should) bring a heartmaker in Beelz team.

yami4ct

I'm just using Beelz as a general farm team, so I'm running Beelz/Lu Bu/Persephone/Ronia/Loki/Ronia.

I can definitely see Vamp+Drawn being a good pairing, but I like having the mini-burst of Loki for dungeons that have multiple "boss" floors. I also don't have a Zuoh or Panda on this account, but if I did that would change the picture quite a bit. I might give the Vamp+Drawn a try and see how it works out, though.

Based on my experience for harder dungeons like Kaguya, Sonia Gran, Zeus Vulcan, for the Beelz x Ronia team, having the non-IAP combo of Duke+DJ is far better than D/R Persephone.

For IAP,
Pandora + Duke
Pandora x2
Zuoh + Pandora
are all far better.

D/R Persephone is somehow in a awkward position if you will (and should) bring a heartmaker in Beelz team.
If you're packing a heartmaker, Vamp vs Perse for heartbreaking is mostly a matter of preference. Vamp has a faster turnaround time but you're relying on coupling two actives together for a single burst. I lean towards Perse for the better stats/awakenings.

I'm heartbreaking one (maybe two) time(s) fewer per run but I like the added flexibility of being able to pop Pandora and Perse on separate floors if I need smaller bursts early in a dungeon.

cw_sasuke

Is there a point in having more than 5x Enhance Wood Orbs Awakening ? If you get to 100% every appearing green orb will be enhanced...so more isnt useful right ?

I'll probably switch my current Persephone to the new one once it gets released.

For some reason, I'm really keen on building a good Durga team even though I've actually never used mine.

With my current box, I could possibly do this in the future.

Durga - B/R valkyrie- beel - B/G perse - DKali

Sounds like it could be powerful

Edit and zoku realizes that black and blue start with the same letter. I mean black for all of those.

Also looking forward to Ult Durga....easier to activate 25x dark leader seems interesting.

Is there a point in having more than 5x Enhance Wood Orbs Awakening ? If you get to 100% every appearing green orb will be enhanced...so more isnt useful right ?
Aside from upping the +orb drop rate, they also add a little bit of extra damage to +orbs themselves. PDX says 5% boost but not sure if it's worth building an entire team around these awakenings.

Top Bottom