• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jonsoncao

Banned
1. More tamadra. Dammit.

2. Still no 3x normals. Dammit.

3. Still no rare evo or metal dragon only pem. Full on pal points. Dammit.

4. The only thing that could make this event exciting to me is if they decide to release awoken Shiva and evo caocao along with the awoken Egyptians. I'll prepare to be disappointed.

Only Awoken Egyptians...no A.Shiva yet.

Of course awoken Ra comes before awoken shiva... Need to evo sopdet...

Sphinx will come when he descends... Should I get two now if I can? I do sort of plan to awaken my Bastet as well.

The Good news is all these tamas will finish off awakening hinokagasuchi and base Ra.

Zero_IYAD

I currently have both Bastets, Hori & Ras..
Should I awaken any of them?
Pros, cons?
Also IF I have to awaken a Bastet, should I awaken my main +120 G/D Bastet or my 2nd G/L one?

ZeroAKA

Pros, cons?
Also IF I have to awaken a Bastet, should I awaken my main +120 G/D Bastet or my 2nd G/L one?
I can't imagine any situation in which I'd want to use the older Egyptian UVOs over the Awoken forms (besides Anubis).

Ra is S+ tier in the Japanese meta, his ideal teams can be built without JP exclusive stuff, and can even clear Pii Hell. Bastet and Horus follow closely. Definitely awaken all of them.

There's a small argument against Bastet since she has some interesting G/L/D team builds but since you have two you can leave one unawoken.

Jagernaut

Ra is S+ tier in the Japanese meta, his ideal teams can be built without JP exclusive stuff, and can even clear Pii Hell. Bastet and Horus follow closely. Definitely awaken all of them.

There's a small argument against Bastet since she has some interesting G/L/D team builds but since you have two you can leave one unawoken.

I have all 3 and plan to awaken Horus and Bastet as soon as I evolve Mejdra/Thoth and get some Sphinxes. Ra I just got recently and don't know if I can make a good team for him without any Kali's. I don't have any other board refreshers either which would guarantee his activation. I have King Mastering but his skill makes a random board.

Quantum

Pros, cons?

as mentioned, I think each of these shine if you have good subs.

personally I plan to at least awaken RA as I have a virtual harem of L.Kali (pleural form?) - one in each state now actually (uvo,evo and base).

I was considering hours for an urd sub, but the truth is shiva will be my main goal moving forward as both a lead and an enhance for urd (making hours just a flaming chicken).

I have no opinion of bastet, but I really like the artwork - probably wont spend the effort for the awakening. (if you max skilled your +120 then I would think that you awaken your second)

Time to start a JP account

was seriously considering it, but having multiboxed many of my favorite mmorpgs, I don't want he commitment of multiple accounts - although I would be interested in transferring my current account tot he JPN servers - well not interested - I would do it in a second.

I mentioned this before, but I'm not sure gungho can do anything at this point to get me to go back to IAPs - I certainly feel like I wasted a ton of money rolling the REM.

Zero_IYAD

Hmmm, so I'll go with:
G/L Bastet ---> Awoken Bastet
F/F Horus ---> Awoken Horus
Am not sure which Ra to turn into Awoken form tho!
L/D Ra is AMAZING in no-hearts dungeons!
L/L Ra is great, but he's the hardest to trigger.
Advice?

Edit: I think all awoken Egyptian Gods get their skill turned back to Lvl 1, right?

linsivvi

I actually don't mind the Tamadra rewards but I also never bother trying to get S ranks vs getting completion stones, so I always tend to run out once I get a new evolution like Lakshmi (and soon Awoken Ra and Horus).

Everyone can clear Tamadra Retreat and it gives you more than 1 Tamadra per stone unless you just started last week.

Hmmm, so I'll go with:
G/L Bastet ---> Awoken Bastet
F/F Horus ---> Awoken Horus
Am not sure which Ra to turn into Awoken form tho!
L/D Ra is AMAZING in no-hearts dungeons!
L/L Ra is great, but he's the hardest to trigger.
Advice?

Edit: I think all awoken Egyptian Gods get their skill turned back to Lvl 1, right?
Yes, all of them have their skills reset. I don't have Kali, so no-RCV dungeons are the only place I use Awoken Ra nowadays. He works fine for those.

I'm going to have to agree with the other posts that there's no practical reason to keep the original Egyptians over the awoken forms outside of D/L Anubis and Awoken Anubis. I get more use out of using my dupe Ra for farming then I would making it L/L or L/D. If you want to keep one, I'd just keep the one you have the most fun playing.

J0dy77

Pros, cons?

Awoken Ra is pretty much the consensus #1 leader right now. The rest of the Awoken Egypt leads are right behind him. I can't wait for this and extremely excited we might be getting them soon.

Especially since I started doing things like this with Horus:

EUPxZT4.jpg

After spending the last time Sonia Gran came around trying to make my way through with Beelz/Ronia, Goemon and resist teams and only clearing once... I went back to my old faithful, Horus. I have cleared three times in a row today.

I've been spending a ton of time on my JP account running Goku/Vegito (thank you SMBu for your hyper). Focusing on getting much better at clearing the entire board and getting my matching abilities up. I've improved a ton in recent weeks/months. I was really starting to burn out since Beelz/Ronia has just hit a wall for upper level content for me. I run out burst and am to reliant on abilities for damage. Going back to combo leads and realizing that time awakenings are over powered I've been clearing a ton. Awoken horus is going to be godly for me, can't wait.

Kreed

Everyone can clear Tamadra Retreat and it gives you more than 1 Tamadra per stone unless you just started last week.

Good point. I actually forgot about this dungeon/have never bothered farming it.

Yes, all of them have their skills reset. I don't have Kali, so no-RCV dungeons are the only place I use Awoken Ra nowadays. He works fine for those.

I'm going to have to agree with the other posts that there's no practical reason to keep the original Egyptians over the awoken forms outside of D/L Anubis and Awoken Anubis. I get more use out of using my dupe Ra for farming then I would making it L/L or L/D. If you want to keep one, I'd just keep the one you have the most fun playing.

Is Awoken Anubis generally regarded as a bad idea over the D/L one?

Good point. I actually forgot about this dungeon/have never bothered farming it.

Is Awoken Anubis generally regarded as a bad idea over the D/L one?
No, Awoken Anubis is great. I just meant that D/L Anubis still has the same advantage that he always had (slightly less strict activation over higher damage) and the Awoken form doesn't do much to replace that. In comparison, there's not much reason to consider the non-awoken forms for the other 4 Egyptians.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cant wait for A. Bastet...it will take a while to adapt to her playstyle....but im willing to invest time in it. Just knowing that for most of the time the board cant actually screw me over will be great.

If i can make it work i will invest +eggs into more wood units. Endgame is probably something like Liu Bei /Verdandi / Perseus / Vishnu - might use 2nd Verdandi or A. Meimei until we get Vishnus UEvo. Just hope i can start clearing more difficult Challenges down the line...

hermit7

Cant wait for A. Bastet...it will take a while to adapt to her playstyle....but im willing to invest time in it. Just knowing that for most of the time the board cant actually screw me over will be great.

If i can make it work i will invest +eggs into more wood units. Endgame is probably something like Liu Bei /Verdandi / Perseus / Vishnu - might use 2nd Verdandi or A. Meimei until we get Vishnus UEvo. Just hope i can start clearing more difficult Challenges down the line...

A. Parvati is a good choice as well for healing bind immunity and utility and of course she has 2 tpa.

My team I think is going to be Bastet/ meimei/ verd/ lei bei/ flex/ friend Bastet.

What is the damage difference between Shiva and Bastet? I already have all the mats for shiva and only need a sphinx for Bastet but they seem similar in team composition.

Zero_IYAD

Okey, glad I asked.
Still probably gonna turn L/D Ra into the awoken one since his skill is at Lvl 2 while the L/L one is Maxed.

This makes me regret BBFing one of the G/D Bastets on my friend list..
Probably gonna unfriend the dude if he can't awaken his kitten :|

Jonsoncao

Banned
Awoken Ra is pretty much the consensus #1 leader right now. The rest of the Awoken Egypt leads are right behind him. I can't wait for this and extremely excited we might be getting them soon.

Especially since I started doing things like this with Horus:

After spending the last time Sonia Gran came around trying to make my way through with Beelz/Ronia, Goemon and resist teams and only clearing once... I went back to my old faithful, Horus. I have cleared three times in a row today.

I've been spending a ton of time on my JP account running Goku/Vegito (thank you SMBu for your hyper). Focusing on getting much better at clearing the entire board and getting my matching abilities up. I've improved a ton in recent weeks/months. I was really starting to burn out since Beelz/Ronia has just hit a wall for upper level content for me. I run out burst and am to reliant on abilities for damage. Going back to combo leads and realizing that time awakenings are over powered I've been clearing a ton. Awoken horus is going to be godly for me, can't wait.

Agree...Vegito is just too good.

Just cleared Friday today with a non-standard team in JP:
cwkPY9Z.png

this is the team used:
sSqBtRW.png

smbu2000

Awoken Anubis is good, just for his great awakenings. Double bind resist, double time extends and the skill bind resist (not to mention his other awakenings.) I've used mine on my LKali team since he changes wood orbs to dark, which is fine for LKali.
I have all 3 and plan to awaken Horus and Bastet as soon as I evolve Mejdra/Thoth and get some Sphinxes. Ra I just got recently and don't know if I can make a good team for him without any Kali's. I don't have any other board refreshers either which would guarantee his activation. I have King Mastering but his skill makes a random board.
On my iPad, I don't have LKali either so I just pair up my Awoken Ra with an LKali friend (usually the hyper LKali on my iPhone) and use that combo. You get 30x attack for clearing all 5 colors, 60x when using a skill and you can still have a board change when you are in need of one.

Not as powerful as a Ra/Ra combo in damage output, but still very powerful.

yami4ct

Welp. I guess I'm fine with Tamas as I still have to finish Awakening my Belez team, Awaken my Ra, a few more for my second L.kali when I ultimate her, some for my Urd Team and some for my Lakshmi, Bastet and Shiva teams. Yes stones are more valuable (and worth more Tamas than 1 Tama), but dear god I need Tamas however I can get them.

Also, guess it's finally time to get to work on my Awoken Ra team.

linsivvi

Welp. I guess I'm fine with Tamas as I still have to finish Awakening my Belez team, Awaken my Ra, a few more for my second L.kali when I ultimate her, some for my Urd Team and some for my Lakshmi, Bastet and Shiva teams. Yes stones are more valuable (and worth more Tamas than 1 Tama), but dear god I need Tamas however I can get them.

The point is that they are essentially giving you less Tamas by giving you Tamas.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Say you have 150 stamina, 1 tama = 1 awakening

1 stone = 3 runs of Tama retreat, let's assume that the breakdown is 70% baby, 15% chibi, 15% Tamadra, and baby has a 40% of chance of unlocking an awoken skill. Then on avg, you will gain 15*0.7*0.4+15*0.15 = 6.45 awakenings.

Jp did Tama+stone a while ago, guess whenever they feel it is about time to embrace a large increment in new player numbers.

Not for new players though!

New GFEs look sweet. Return of the dragon!? (subtype :p)

It's always been Puzzle and Dragons :p

yami4ct

The point is that they are essentially giving you less Tamas by giving you Tamas.

I know that. I just won't really complain about getting Tamas because I need so many. Sure I'm technically getting less tama value than a stone gift, but I won't complain about tamas however I get them.

razterik

This makes me regret BBFing one of the G/D Bastets on my friend list..
Probably gonna unfriend the dude if he can't awaken his kitten :|

There's literally no benefit to unfriending a BF. You don't get to pick another. Anyone seriously running Bastet still is likely going to switch to Awoken when possible. Can always send a message to ask his plans.

Awoken Anubis is good, just for his great awakenings. Double bind resist, double time extends and the skill bind resist (not to mention his other awakenings.) I've used mine on my LKali team since he changes wood orbs to dark, which is fine for LKali.

That's a neat idea. Would help make up for my lack of Fuma in JP. Probably going to fully switch to A.Ra before I get him up to speed though.

I hope I can snag Bastet tomorrow. My JP account is so primed for her.

Jagernaut

On my iPad, I don't have LKali either so I just pair up my Awoken Ra with an LKali friend (usually the hyper LKali on my iPhone) and use that combo. You get 30x attack for clearing all 5 colors, 60x when using a skill and you can still have a board change when you are in need of one.

What subs do you use for a Ra team without Kali's? My best defensive sub is a max skilled Dark Izanami.

jay23

I'll have to try awoken Anubis on my lkali team, time extends should help me get better at clearing the whole board.

Who would you guys chose for last awoken Shiva sub chibi yamato, Minerva, or red Knight Nim?

Negator

In another 18 ranks I can finally put blue odin in my team.

After that I'll have enough cost in 30 ranks to evo the rest of the subs.

It's great to see the team almost come together finally.

yami4ct

Man. I am both terrible at using my L.Kali team and it's awful for running Thursday Mythical consistently. The first 3 floors, no issues at all. If I don't get a chance to do a good setup on floor 3, though, the final becomes a crapshoot. If I can't solve a big combo out of my Kali active, I don't kill the Green Fruit and I basically screw myself. I need to get better at solving Kali boards and I need a team that can farm it without thinking.

Awoken Ra will be close. At the very least I can power through floor 4 with lol 100x power. The thought of farming this for Ronia's Ult, her Skill-ups, skill ups for Urd and for Skuld is becoming more and more daunting by the moment.

Jagernaut

Man. I am both terrible at using my L.Kali team and it's awful for running Thursday Mythical consistently. The first 3 floors, no issues at all. If I don't get a chance to do a good setup on floor 3, though, the final becomes a crapshoot. If I can't solve a big combo out of my Kali active, I don't kill the Green Fruit and I basically screw myself. I need to get better at solving Kali boards and I need a team that can farm it without thinking.

Awoken Ra will be close. At the very least I can power through floor 4 with lol 100x power. The thought of farming this for Ronia's Ult, her Skill-ups, skill ups for Urd and for Skuld is becoming more and more daunting by the moment.

Do you have a good fire team? I used to beat Thursday mythical with an Ares/Shiva or Ame no Uzume/Shiva team and have now moved to double Yamato for easy clears. Subs are mostly orb changers with enough skill boosts to counter 1st turn orb trolling.

yami4ct

Do you have a good fire team? I used to beat Thursday mythical with an Ares/Shiva or Ame no Uzume/Shiva team and have now moved to double Yamato for easy clears. Subs are mostly orb changers with enough skill boosts to counter 1st turn orb trolling.

They exist, but I'm not sure if my Fire Teams really have the levels to pull it off. My Urd team is

Urd (82)/Nim(85)/Freyr (16) (R/R Attacker) /Leilan (R/L) (23)/Ult Tyranos (59)

I have a Awoken Shiva team in the wings (Shiva/Yamato/Urd/RValk/Hino), but it's a ways off since Shiva is still base form level 5 and Hino is only 14 and needs to be Ultimate Evoed. I have a max skilled Yamato, but I think with my sub pool my Urd team is stronger.

I'll probably focus my Tamas on finishing my Urd team awakens than get right to work on Shiva once I evolve and tama Awoken Ra.

yami4ct

Every time I see Ares in a fire team I get super jealous. I'm actually kind of shit on red orb changers outside of R.Valk, Yamato and the farmables. I have tons of full board changers, but I'm missing Ares, Cao Cao, Dino Rider and the like.

Godfest Announcement I'll be rolling for Bastet.
[Duration]: 7/11 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 7/12 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)
The Gods have been chosen! Day One brings the return of Egyptian Series 1 Gods and Demons, while Day Two includes the Three Kingdoms and Angel Series 2 Gods.
For Day 1 of this Godfest, Zhuge Liang is available at standard 1x Rates. For Day 2, Odin is available at standard 1x Rates. All other Godfest exclusive Gods are available at 3x Rates.
All evolved forms of featured Gods are also included in the Godfest.

DAY 1 : 7/11 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Egyptian Series 1 -
490 Horus
492 Isis
494 Bastet
496 Ra
498 Anubis

- Demons Series -
630 Belial
632 Amon
634 Astaroth
636 Baal
638 Fallen Angel Lucifer

DAY 2 : 7/12 (Sun), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Three Kingdoms Series -
1231 Cao Cao
1233 Sun Quan
1235 Liu Bei
1237 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
1239 Lu Bu

- Angels Series 2 -
1826 Red Angel, Rozuel
1828 Blue Angel, Famiel
1830 Green Angel, Ruel
1832 Holy Angel, Ariel
1834 Dark Angel, Lumiel

- Special -
362 Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
364 Odin, the War Deity (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
1107 Phantom God Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
1946 Red Dragonbound, Gadius
1948 Black Dragonbound, Typhon
1950 White Beast Demon, Ilm
1952 Black Beast Demon, Zuoh

Jagernaut

Day 1: I have 6/10 don't need the others.

Day 2: I have mini Dqxq and Lu Bu, would like the regular versions and Cao Cao, will roll once. Already have Sun Quan and Liu Bei.

Still looking for a Lmeta after almost 900 days. Would also like GZL, Urd, and LKali.

razterik

Positively early announcement.

Could definitely roll 2nd day, but doubtful. 1x Rodin rates, lack of Phoenix Rider update, recent JP REM changes, and general NA disillusionment will stop me.

I'll have to try awoken Anubis on my lkali team, time extends should help me get better at clearing the whole board.

Who would you guys chose for last awoken Shiva sub chibi yamato, Minerva, or red Knight Nim?

I'm planning awoken Kagu, red valk, chiyome, with the fourth up for grabs. I'm thinking cao cao eventually but Ronia for now (mainly for stat stick)

Dupe System & Latent Awakenings explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnPsfnONyP8

New form of currency, Monster Points, that you get when you sell a monster (REM mobs give you many orders of magnitude more MP than trash mobs). You can use points to buy mythical evo mats, piis, and those special Latent Awakening Tamadra they previewed before.

You can have up to 5 Latent Awakenings of your choice on a monster. If you try to add more it'll push out any existing ones, First In First Out style.

yami4ct

Well, that's sort of what I expected. Way more flexible, though. I'm eager to see how expensive things end up being. Is farming dupe descend legends actually going to be a viable way to earn MP or are things going to be so expensive that dupe REMs going to be the only real earners? Latent awakenings seem almost too flexible and powerful, but I doubt we'll see a real game breaker like TPAs be in there.

Edit:

So a very common monster was 5 points, Minerva 5000, RoDin was 20000. All the latent awakenings were utility awakenings. Stat up awakenings, element defense, autoheal and time extend. Prices were 3k for a tama, 5-10k for evo mats depending on the rarity (Jewels being the most expensive), 10k for heal, stat or time awakenings and 20k for shields. Pii's were an absurd 30k.

System seems kind of weak so far if I'm honest. Time extend is probably the big awakening in there. Prices for Pii's are absurd and I'm not sure anything else is much better. A rare monster like ROdin only nets you two jewels for instance. Maybe if Descend monsters end up worth 1.5-2k it can work, but overall it seems more promise than substance. Some whales will certainly have fun with autoheal and defense awakenings I'm sure.

Apparently latent awakenings are weaker than the regular version, like a mini finger is only 0.25 extra seconds, autoheal doesn't work if your RCV is negative, elemental resist won't let you facetank a dungeon, etc

Kyuur

Pretty cool. I wonder if the number of points goes up for evolved monsters.

Also, how does the resist awakening work? 4 monsters x 5 resist = 100% resist if it's additive for the team... I'm guessing it's multiplicative, so not as crazy, but still with all resist monsters and a couple of innate resist awakenings you could get upwards of 90% elemental reduction going.

Some crazy teams will be formed with this. I'm guessing new content that requires that kind of planning too...

Edit: Oh, they're weaker. I still foresee elemental resist planning to be a thing.

yami4ct

I can't see Latent Awakenings being a real big part of upcoming content unless Descend monsters are worth a descent amount. Right now, selling REM monsters doesn't even net you that much. It takes 4 regular gods to buy a resist awakening. Feels like a pure whale system at the start.

I also can't see myself really using it. You never know how things are going to change. Up until her Awoken, you wouldn't really have a use for tons of Meimei. Now system teams are a thing. Unless I have more than 5 of something (lol), the long term potential would probably get me to keep it.

linsivvi

Pretty cool. I wonder if the number of points goes up for evolved monsters.

Also, how does the resist awakening work? 4 monsters x 5 resist = 100% resist if it's additive for the team... I'm guessing it's multiplicative, so not as crazy, but still with all resist monsters and a couple of innate resist awakenings you could get upwards of 90% elemental reduction going.

Some crazy teams will be formed with this. I'm guessing new content that requires that kind of planning too...

Edit: Oh, they're weaker. I still foresee elemental resist planning to be a thing.

It is additive. 4 PADZ dragons will give you 100% immune to a single color.

I can't see Latent Awakenings being a real big part of upcoming content unless Descend monsters are worth a descent amount. Right now, selling REM monsters doesn't even net you that much. It takes 4 regular gods to buy a resist awakening. Feels like a pure whale system at the start.

I also can't see myself really using it. You never know how things are going to change. Up until her Awoken, you wouldn't really have a use for tons of Meimei. Now system teams are a thing. Unless I have more than 5 of something (lol), the long term potential would probably get me to keep it.

Getting Piis won't be an issue a year from now anyway (if we're still playing this game that is). The power creep will continue and the Pii dungeon will just be a regular farm dungeon by then.

Top Bottom