• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

Is there a point in having more than 5x Enhance Wood Orbs Awakening ? If you get to 100% every appearing green orb will be enhanced...so more isnt useful right ?

I believe the damage formula for enhanced orbs takes into account number of awakenings. That means more than 5 doesn't affect drop rates, but it will give more power when you match enhanced orbs.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Aside from upping the +orb drop rate, they also add a little bit of extra damage to +orbs themselves. PDX says 5% boost but not sure if it's worth building an entire team around these awakenings.
I believe the damage formula for enhanced orbs takes into account number of awakenings. That means more than 5 doesn't effect drop rates, but it will give more power when you match enhanced orbs.

Thanks...okay that makes sense, its not a substantial boost but i sometimes realize the dmg output being higher than imagined if i run on a team with 3 Verdandis despite her lack of atk/tpa.

So the bonus is also active when you use an enhance orb active skill or only for orbs that appear naturally l ?

cw_sasuke

Good...i will def. get the last Awakening on my 2nd Verdandi then. Kinda skipped it because i thought more than 100% would be useless.

Okamid3n

I'm so pumped for Awoken Shiva...

But I am not pumped at needing even more Red Dragon Fruits (for the phoenix).

In a very short span of time, I got Urd and Ronia and I have zero uses for the other dragon fruits. I'm in so much pain. The thought of that thursday dungeon haunts me. And I've wasted my last 6 Red Dragon Fruits trying to get Urd's last skill up, then it switched to Ronia and I gave up.

Considering I'll only be able to run the dungeon 6-9 times with my stamina tomorrow, it's possible I won't get two red dragon fruits. ;_;

Quantum

In a very short span of time, I got Urd and Ronia and I have zero uses for the other dragon fruits. I'm in so much pain. The thought of that thursday dungeon haunts me. And I've wasted my last 6 Red Dragon Fruits trying to get Urd's last skill up, then it switched to Ronia and I gave up.

Considering I'll only be able to run the dungeon 6-9 times with my stamina tomorrow, it's possible I won't get two red dragon fruits. ;_;

2 urds, 1 ronia, 2 chibi ronia, 2 cao cao, 2 hino, phoenix

just the red fruit. over a year of Thursday bullshit.

at this point it interferes with wed. too - I make sure I have full stamina for the morning.

*Hallowed Sarcophagi*
[Duration]: 7/10 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 7/19 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Osiris sees the scales of life and death, and judges them with a consideration only a God can wield. Can you feel him watching as you face the Orb board?

If you can escape his grasp, these event bonuses are yours for you to claim!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
7/10 - 7/19 - 1 free TAMADRA
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Monsters from the Tombs
Behind hidden doors and passageways might come unexpected terrors. Careful, a door once opened might slam shut!

7/11 - 7/12 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
7/13 - 7/14 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
7/15 - 7/16 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
7/17 - 7/18 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*

■③ In Search of Treasure
May your quests and exploits take you far and wide! Facing Dragon Guardian and Gleaming Dragon will be just a few of the tales you share.

7/10 - 7/12 - Dragon Guardian
7/17 - 7/19 - Gleaming Dragon

■④ Special Event Content
A challenging riddle for all players to solve!

7/10 - 7/13 - ????????????

■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 7/10 to 7/19!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
7/10 - Athena Descended!
7/11 - Grimoires Descended!
7/12 - Hera-Ur Descended!
7/13 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
7/14 - Zeus Mercury Descended!
7/15 - Medjedra Descended!
7/16 - Sandalphon Descended!
7/17 - Noah Descended!
7/18 - Izanami Descended!
7/18 - Gaia Descended!
7/19 - Cauchemar Descended!
7/19 - Xuanzang Descended!

■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
7/10 - 7/19 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons [extends until 7/20 (Mon), 12:00 PM PDT]
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2.5x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

well that's not exactly subtle

More TAMADRAs? My inbox is already overflowing with them. :(

2.5x skillup is nice though. Need to finish Uriel and went 0/4 this afternoon. The hell is Blue Sprite though?

Kyuur

Medjedra shall be mine! Might try tackling some of the other descends too, I'm starting to feel like my team can handle some of them.

Glad tamas are in too, I'm in dire need of awakening now that I'm starting to uvo my subs.

Epic Drop

1. More tamadra. Dammit.

2. Still no 3x normals. Dammit.

3. Still no rare evo or metal dragon only pem. Full on pal points. Dammit.

4. The only thing that could make this event exciting to me is if they decide to release awoken Shiva and evo caocao along with the awoken Egyptians. I'll prepare to be disappointed.

1. More tamadra. Dammit.

4. The only thing that could make this event exciting to me is if they decide to release awoken Shiva and evo caocao along with the awoken Egyptians. I'll prepare to be disappointed.

Unique NA experiences.

Would have been nice to get that 3x normal but it's back to tech dungeons for the time being.

coy

Sphinx! I need 4 so I'll be busy in there. Cannot wait to bring Bastet back into the mix though Parvati has been a joy to play. Also, I won't have to hold onto these 2 dozen Senpai for much longer with 2.5x skillup.

jay23

Lol I'm in the same position I wish you luck

New persephone looks good, hyped to see what they come up with for the other Greco gods. Imagine Ares with 2-3 TPA and the highest attack in the game, he would be godly.

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/618977234024464384

JP removing ALL 3* monsters from REM tomorrow

Can they just hurry up and remove all farmable monsters from the rem

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/618977234024464384

JP removing ALL 3* monsters from REM tomorrow

edit: new machine lords. All of them follow the same pattern; either 3xATK or 1/2/2 to Machine type then 1.5x to their color when a skill is used. Active either makes a row or column into their color. Awakenings fit the appropriate active.
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/618979309076680704/photo/1
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/618979600991850497/photo/1
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/618977902994964480/photo/1
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/618978298278731777/photo/1
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/618978920809902084/photo/1

razterik

Star egg troll finally ending. Let the reign of troll golds begin, or rather, continue.

Machine lords are all haste system teams. They really want you to roll dupes of them. Pretty good subs as well.

Don't care for the art. Want waifu systems.

zoku88

I need to awaken bastet and Ra.

I'll probably use Ra more than Bastet, as I suck with combos. I've at least tried Ra a couple of times in endless (paried with LKali, so I can get another full board chance besides my DKali.)

1. More tamadra. Dammit.

I wonder if the flood of free TAMAs is a hint that they'll be giving us more ults than usual. We've never gotten 10 in one event, right? Typically 5 or 7?

cw_sasuke

Tamas are fine but considering how much stuff I need to farm I woul have been better off with stones for stamina or dungeons. Need to get Toth, 2nd D Iza...and wanna try Gaia... Urgh.

But wow... So Awoken Bastet is happening.... I'm not ready yet lol.

Edit:

Oh you can get Toth&Sophdet from the Sphinx dungeon - nice.

FZZ

Banned
Funnily enough a majority of the drops I get from JP's REM are silver eggs anyways haha :(

Also I am so ready for Sphinx, was only able to get three shynpis for Awoken Ra, but that'll have to do for now. Have all the exp needed saved up, evo mats for both Ra and Sphinx, and 160+ eggs ready to be fed to my Ra once I evo him.

zoku88

I'm really behind on awakenings, so I also wished for stones followed by another tamadra retreat...

I think I need about 40 awakenings....... ugh

cw_sasuke

That Sphinx dungeon will be though for my Verdandi skill - cant dish out more than 200k per unit on a stage as well as +5 active skill cool downs...urgh...

Edit:

Am i right seeing that JPN is getting new dark/light GFE with Triple TPAs ? God damn....

That Ligh GFE makes Izanagi look like a fool lol.

razterik

Izanagi might as well be a PAL egg now compared to the new exclusive.

Also looks like even gold evolved forms of 3 stars are out? So I think the only farmables left are fruit and late bloomer dragons.

Tsubaki, Sumire, and Kaede exclusives getting skilled up from Trifruits when mats switch in JP next. YES. Saving all those blue fruits was worth it.

Next JP Challenge dungeon set isn't rogue style, thank you very much. (Edit: mistake, the top two are Zaerog inf and the green dragon rogues. Well, wasn't going to beat those anyway). But no piis again! Tamadra plus 50s for top three, and jewels for mid level stuff. Which I guess is to make up for angel/devil invades robbing most players the opportunity to farm jewels during events? Don't like these changes. Jewels are too hard to come by now and there's no other reasonable way to gain piis.

KR server has had 3x normals since May. And 2x coin dungeons for even longer? They started several months after us. NA version is shit tier, not "mature" enough, play JP or quit, etc.

Looks like Dark TPA is starting to be a thing now. Still wondering what would be the best lead. haku doesn't do enough damage and you can't use lu bu for the boost since most of these aren't devils. What if any would be a viable lead for these subs?

Awoken Haku 2 TPA
Ult pers 2 TPA
Dill sirius 2 TPA
Awoken Hades 2 TPA
Zeus Straitos 2 TPA
Beelzebub 2 TPA
D Valk 2 TPA
Satsuki 3 TPA
Kakkab 2 TPA

razterik

I think Zaerog infinity is the best dark TPA lead. Stats, active and leader skill match up well for that style.

New Dark Godfest exclusive (Satsuki?) might be better now. Although her sub pool looks poor unless you go off color? Hmm.

smbu2000

Yes, a new event.

No piis again? It's not that difficult getting orbs if you do the challenges outside of events (I just got all 5 clearing the 5 dungeons in the current Yamato challenge) I'd rather have piis for in-event challenges. The tamadras with plus eggs are nice, but I'd still rather have piis. Especially since I'm probably not going to be trying the top challenges.

Can finally make my Awoken Meimei (iPad) now that I have a chance at skulking her up with the 2.5x skill up chance.

Also cleared Zeus Mercury as a normal dungeon with my Vegito team. I'd only cleared it during the challenges up until now. I'll take the orb!

Quantum

Tamadra instead of stone, no challenge dungeon, no 3x normal.

Gungho US is fucking with us all.

no - perfectly good explanation in the last stream from antonio - (same as the reason why the US doesn't get piis)

- it has to do with the playerbase, the age of the game and how there are fewer players paying in the US.

- The corporate attitude is to give less because we haven't (as a country) spent as much

- I understand the logic, but it punishes the people who play and spend the most. Silly thing to do, alienating the heaviest players
- since it is a numbers game Gungho must be fine with the US statistics, maybe increasing revenue, but If I had to guess they are decreasing in popularity because new players who use the internet run into this conversation on almost any chat board.
- my nephews stopped playing because they keep looking forward to announcements that never seem to come to the US. They tell me that game feels more like work now than fun.
- I play much less (as recommended to me on this board).

linsivvi

no - perfectly good explanation in the last stream from antonio - (same as the reason why the US doesn't get piis)

- it has to do with the playerbase, the age of the game and how there are fewer players paying in the US.

- The corporate attitude is to give less because we haven't (as a country) spent as much

- I understand the logic, but it punishes the people who play and spend the most. Silly thing to do, alienating the heaviest players
- since it is a numbers game Gungho must be fine with the US statistics, maybe increasing revenue, but If I had to guess they are decreasing in popularity because new players who use the internet run into this conversation on almost any chat board.
- my nephews stopped playing because they keep looking forward to announcements that never seem to come to the US. They tell me that game feels more like work now than fun.
- I play much less (as recommended to me on this board).

Did they say there are less percentage of paying players or just less overall paying players?

Because if it's the later then it doesn't make sense at all.

I also doubt the game is increasing in popularity. It's not been on the top 100 chart for a long time.

Quantum

Did they say there are less percentage of paying players or just less overall paying players?

Because if it's the later then it doesn't make sense at all.

I also doubt the game is increasing in popularity. It's not been on the top 100 chart for a long time.

both of my comments are inferences, I don't pretend to know. but as you have said decreasing popularity on the top grossing charts indicates one or the other (if not both)

I'll find in the stream where they talk about why gungho doesn't give free piis to the us players, but the truth is gungho it terrible with communication towards the US community.

(from personal experience trying to e-mail and re acquire my account after my phone wiping on a trip outside of the us - I never want to have to deal with customer support again)

Azusa

both of my comments are inferences, I don't pretend to know. but as you have said decreasing popularity on the top grossing charts indicates one or the other (if not both)

I'll find in the stream where they talk about why gungho doesn't give free piis to the us players, but the truth is gungho it terrible with communication towards the US community.

(from personal experience trying to e-mail and re acquire my account after my phone wiping on a trip outside of the us - I never want to have to deal with customer support again)

They talk about this in the latest stream.

linsivvi

I guess we'll never know, but if it's just less paying players in total their argument doesn't hold water. As long as both servers have the same % of paying customers, and their revenue is roughly comparable on a per player basis, there's no difference between giving out free stones and piis to a player base of 10,000 and 1 million.

Anyway, I'm so glad I have a rooted Android, so I can always have a backup of my account.

Epic Drop

They talk about this in the latest stream.

It wasn't a satisfactory answer. People like me (who spend some real money) and people like whales (where the majority of the revenue comes from), are at or near the endgame. We're tired of shit events, terrible rewards and hand outs, massive delays in content, missing jp exclusive content, etc. The newbies who "need" Tamadras handed out (even though tamadra retreat comes around every two weeks) or who "wouldn't benefit from x3 normals or pii rewards because they aren't at endgame" can't possibly be the main spending base.

Ultimately their strategy will lead to endgame us players transferring to jp or quitting the game entirely.

Quantum

It wasn't a satisfactory answer. People like me (who spend some real money) and people like whales (where the majority of the revenue comes from), are at or near the endgame. We're tired of shit events, terrible rewards and hand outs, massive delays in content, missing jp exclusive content, etc. The newbies who "need" Tamadras handed out (even though tamadra retreat comes around every two weeks) or who "wouldn't benefit from x3 normals or pii rewards because they aren't at endgame" can't possibly be the main spending base.

Ultimately their strategy will lead to endgame us players transferring to jp or quitting the game entirely.

I'm not very good at hiding my feelings about the recent meta of the US game, but this sums up most of what I've been thinking, feeling and trying to say.

the game has recently become more work than fun.

Kreed

I actually don't mind the Tamadra rewards but I also never bother trying to get S ranks vs getting completion stones, so I always tend to run out once I get a new evolution like Lakshmi (and soon Awoken Ra and Horus).

Just yolo rolled the Shinrobanso REM and got Asmodeus. Not sure what to with her other than as a DKali sub (a team I haven't really considered before).

am_dragon

The Tamadra awards are OK I guess. Everyone would have enough to fully awaken Awoken Bastet.

If I can get thought that Sphinx dungeon...

cw_sasuke

I would, but I'm 400 days and a few hundred dollars into my na account. I'll stop playing the game before I start over entirely.
Exactly.

I'm already invested into my account, I would just drop the game before I start a new account just because Gungho can't get their shot together. It's not like PaD is the only form of entertainment available.

D.Kali is not a usable leader. Way too strict a leader skill for only 6x.
Yeah I thought maybe with 3 actives that guarantee activation it might be OK. But nothing is really jumping out at me.

I would have loved one of the other golds, but maybe I'll find some use for Asmodeus eventually. I guess she could act as a dark Hathor.

Yeah I thought maybe with 3 actives that guarantee activation it might be OK. But nothing is really jumping out at me.

I would have loved one of the other golds, but maybe I'll find some use for Asmodeus eventually. I guess she could act as a dark Hathor.
She's a really good Durga sub. Was hoping to roll one for my Durga in JP but failed.

Top Bottom