• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

Omg. Day 2 is going to murder me. I will be rolling a lot.

Unless you have one of the few teams that can use an Angel 2, I might suggest not getting too into rolling Day 2. At the very least, don't buy stones to roll. Wait until 3K is paired with a better pantheon.

Negator

Well Famiel would be good for an U&Y team, but yeah, can't see much use for the others unfortunately. What teams are Angel 2 good in? Urd and....?

yami4ct

Well Famiel would be good for an U&Y team, but yeah, can't see much use for the others unfortunately. What teams are Angel 2 good in? Urd and....?

Most of them have sort of OK limited uses. Light has Atack Amaterasu, Blue has U&Y, Green has Genbu and I guess Astaroth, Dark is great for Durga and red is OK (but a bit overrated) for Urd. They are pretty shit overall, though. Probably one of the weakest pantheons outside of maybe Archdemons.

Angel 1 is even better than this series as Michel works decently on A Bastet Teams, Gabriel is fantastic on Lakshmi teams, and Uriel is the best thing ever on Gadius teams. Being duel orb changers, they also have utility outside of that. They are far more important on the teams they are good on and work better outside of them as well. Angel 2 has Lumiel as an awesome sub for Durga, but that's about it.

*Sphinx Descended!*
[Duration]: 7/10 (Fri), 6:00 PM - 7/12 (Sun), 5:59 PM (PDT)
The merciless Sphinx awaits! To unlock the other Awoken gods of Egypt, you must challenge him for his power.
Awoken Sphinx is a Devil/Physical Type monster capable of outputting 5x Damage for 5 matched Orb types!
The Leonine King comes in both Legend and Mythical difficulties.

yami4ct

Ugh. While I do have a Durga and U&Y, those angels just suck. Guess I'll save up.

You can still pull a few times because the chance of getting an angel is relatively low (especially with all the GodFest exclusive). Just don't go crazy with it if you're trying to roll as optimally as possible.

*Sphinx Descended!*

Once again, I have way too many things to do and too little time. Guess I'll run Athena in the morning to hopefully get a red jewel for Hino and run sphinx later. I need 2 sphinxes long term, but I'll just go for 1 this go around. Trying to figure out what best to do with Sphinx. Though it isn't fully awoken or leveled, my Beelz team might be the best bet given Sopdet's absorb. I have a feeling I'll find it hard to kill him in 3 turns without hitting 200k on one of my L.Kali's with that team.

coy

1 away from max skill for Hera Ur. So close! I had leftover Hello Kitty fodder that got me some skillups across all 5 Fruit Dragons. Also got a few Sticker Girl skillups as well as 4 for Persephone to get her down to 10 turns. My bad luck with Grodin skillups continues. I'd say it was mostly good for skillup attempts but Grodin stuck at lv3 for far too long.

razterik

Got no skill ups on anything across both JP and NA. Wasted 40 slots for nothing.

So for a maxed out set of new awakenings I need to roll 10 gods or 2 and a half Godfest exclusives. Double that if I want elemental resists. Assuming good REM luck, that's at least $100 per card. A big paywall with small gain. Barf.

Now we know why piis got scrubbed from Challenge dungeons and jewel invades mostly replaced with angel/death. Wonder if NA will even get to finish the first 15 dungeons with pii rewards at all. 30k points for a single skill up is a joke.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Even if i wanted to pull i dont have enough stones for the Godfest. Maybe next time.... just wanna get A. Bastet this weekend.

smbu2000

Had terrible luck on my A.Meimei. Used 3 orbs for the awoken evo and nothing. I had 5 more orbs so I tried them out and nothing... What happened to the 2.5x skill up rate? Ended up using 4 woodpys I had to max skill her.

Going to wait until day 2 to pull on the GF as Kali is still my main aim. (DKali on my iPhone and both on my iPad)
What subs do you use for a Ra team without Kali's? My best defensive sub is a max skilled Dark Izanami.
At the moment, I'm using A.Horus/DL Yomi/Grodin/LMeta.
Horus gives me an extra time extend and 2 skill bind resist awakenings along with a boost for Ra every 4 turns. Yomi gives me extra time and paired with Horus (&Ra&LKali) gives me 100% skill bind resist. Grodin is there to help with auto heal and he can't be bound. LMeta is there for the bind resist and boosting my RCV.

I did pick up Indra this past GF so one I level him up I might see about trying to fit him in there as well.

That's a neat idea. Would help make up for my lack of Fuma in JP. Probably going to fully switch to A.Ra before I get him up to speed though.

I hope I can snag Bastet tomorrow. My JP account is so primed for her.
His skill is also useful if you don't have any dark orbs on the board or to make it easier to combo when using LKali's skill (and you want to save your Fuma if you have him.)

ccbfan

The monster point system is pure whale bait.

No non to medium(10-20 bucks a month) IAP player will use this system much.

Farming monster point is complete worthless. 5 points for the boss of a 50 stamina dungeon? WTF. That means farming for a pii cost is 300,000 stamina.

Kreed

The monster point system is pure whale bait.

No non to medium(10-20 bucks a month) IAP player will use this system much.

Farming monster point is complete worthless. 5 points for the boss of a 50 stamina dungeon? WTF. That means farming for a pii cost is 300,000 stamina.

Reading up on it now, the point system reminds me of Brave Frontier's but as you said, way less friendly for Non IAP players. What would be nice is if like Brave Frontier, they gave you points for accomplishing tasks each day (ex: 100 points for evolving 5 monsters).

Regardless it's silly for Piis to be so many points when clearing the challenges gets you one for free, so I doubt they will stay that way unless a ton of whale players use it. At the very least, they should have introduced a lower tier version of Piis with less chances to skill up for lower points (25-50% chance).

Trade rem dupes for some watered down awakenings?

No thanks gung ho
I mean, with an team with 6x5 latent fingers that's still a significant +7.5 seconds of extra move time.

What this means is that whales now have a significant new persistence mechanic to blow stones on. Make one Anubis team for move time, make another for dark resist, etc.

Then a year down the line GungHo will make latent tamas easier to obtain for the rest of us peons.

Quantum

Trade rem dupes for some watered down awakenings?

No thanks gung ho

I have 6 ggy that are ready - for about a year the only exclusives I saw were ggy and Lmeta. I fed the lmeta for skill up way back when, but I still have these horrible ggy dupes that I would trade for almost anything.
- largely agree it is a poor rewards system, designed for people to spend a lot more money.

- blew 2 stones for my needed third red orb for shiva when he makes his appearance - have all mats now.
- not rolling - don't have the stones, don't care.
- should hit my next 50 day milestone before the special REM ends - not likely to roll in it.
- hope sphinx drops a few times for me this weekend with my limited number of stones left (3)

jay23

I mean, with an team with 6x5 latent fingers that's still a significant +7.5 seconds of extra move time.

What this means is that whales now have a significant new persistence mechanic to blow stones on. Make one Anubis team for move time, make another for dark resist, etc.

Then a year down the line GungHo will make latent tamas easier to obtain for the rest of us peons.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what teams the whales come up with it has potential for them.

I have 6 ggy that are ready - for about a year the only exclusives I saw were ggy and Lmeta. I fed the lmeta for skill up way back when, but I still have these horrible ggy dupes that I would trade for almost anything.
- largely agree it is a poor rewards system, designed for people to spend a lot more money.

I'm still holding out for ggy, liu bei was pretty terrible before they gave him his ults..

Wonder what they're waiting for to give him and a couple other god fest exclusives some UEVOs.

linsivvi

Day one is the better day. Much better leads in there and rumors of their awoken evos coming soon.

They already came.

This no doubt. I am not worried though since 3x normal should come soon so an all +297 team is the next thing us peons should work on, and then move on to the Pii dungeon.

I read that getting him or GZL would be more difficult in JPN now because they were dropped as GFE...why though ? Wouldnt that make them easier to get ?
They're still 5* and 6* golds except now they won't benefit from increased rates that GFEs enjoy nearly every godfest. Being able to pull them outside godfest isn't going to help many people since nearly no one pulls outside of godfest anyway.

Also, is this the biggest lull in between pantheons ever? Seems like every new REM god is a GFE now. Last god pantheon was AA2?

Predra(Presentdra?)
CJiy9scVAAEKL6L.png

High Predra(Presentdra?)
CJiy9rUVEAAthIG.png

Unsurprisingly they're adding ways for you to get MP monsters as challenge rewards or one-time dungeon drops.

Some people don't have better combo leads =/

Plus my dkali activation rate is pretty good given you have 2 dkalis at 7 turns cd from your friends and yours.
I think the biggest issue for me is that Dark Ra has essentially the same activation condition for half again as much damage. I guess you could argue that Kali's awakenings make up for it, but I still wish they would make her more viable as a leader.

cw_sasuke

They're still 5* and 6* golds except now they won't benefit from increased rates that GFEs enjoy nearly every godfest. Being able to pull them outside godfest isn't going to help many people since nearly no one pulls outside of godfest anyway.

Also, is this the biggest lull in between pantheons ever? Seems like every new REM god is a GFE now. Last god pantheon was AA2?
Oh okay that makes sense. Thought they would add GZL to the 3K Lineup guess that's or the case. Kinda weird having them being dropped out of GFE... Are they the first GFE that were dropped?

Still hope GZL gets his Uevo down the line.

J0dy77

Why Isis?

She covers blue and green for the team, she has full bind resistance and can remove two turns of bind from light kali with her active, amazing stats.

Man I'm kicking myself for burning two red piis on Minerva. I thought for sure I'd have months before the Egyptian awoken came over.

cw_sasuke

With the generally favored team of

Ra
LKali
LKali
DKali
Isis
Ra

That's +11 seconds of orb time and +14 seconds when activating Ra's skill. Who needs CTW?

I always wondered why people hype up Awoken RA considering how tough it would be to activate his skill every round...but with this team and +11 seconds of orb time...damn.

zoku88

I'm not sure what my ra team would look like.

I would probably end up pairing with a light Kali for another orb change besides my dark Kali.

yami4ct

Unsurprisingly they're adding ways for you to get MP monsters as challenge rewards or one-time dungeon drops.

Well, assuming they're worth a decent amount, they're probably better rewards than Spirit Jewels. Even at like 7-8k, at least you have more flexibility in what specific things you want.

Now if they're worth like 2k (which they probably will be), that sucks.

linsivvi

Well, assuming they're worth a decent amount, they're probably better rewards than Spirit Jewels. Even at like 7-8k, at least you have more flexibility in what specific things you want.

Now if they're worth like 2k (which they probably will be), that sucks.

I have too many spirit jewels that I had to sell some away already, so anything is better than those.

Why Isis?

You can also use Sun Quan if you lack Isis. He was the premier sub before Awoken Isis was revealed.

One a semi related note: As someone who owns only one L.Kali, no D.Kali, and no AIsis, I'm going to rock Awoken Ra still. But if I happen to roll a Cao Cao or Awoken Hino Kagatsuchi I'm very likely going to dump him for Awoken Shiva.

tr4656

Removal of 3 * on JP is glorious. 10/10 golds for GF.

As for the shitty points system, I guess eventually you can do Ultimate Collo instead for Piis? Zaerog Infinity lead can run that dungeon (with the right subs and enough + eggs).

yami4ct

Removal of 3 * on JP is glorious. 10/10 golds for GF.

As for the shitty points system, I guess eventually you can do Ultimate Collo instead for Piis? Zaerog Infinity lead can run that dungeon (with the right subs and enough + eggs).

It feels like we're in this awkward transitional phase where GungHo is setting up systems that'll be for everyone in like 6-8 months, but has also transitioned away from some of the popular stuff (like Pii challenge awards) we've used for the last 5 or so months. We're left in this gap where things are harder for non-whales, since very few of the things GungHo is introducing really help us in the short.

It's interesting how much of this transition happened months ago without people (or maybe just me, I guess) really noticing. The Awoken Evo system seems to be moving people away from constantly seeking the next REM hit to stoning for things to improve their teams. Skill ups have moved from grinding out 7 or 8 through feed monsters to just feeding 4 (hard to get) Piis. The incentive for mid-tier is already moving to team improvement and away from REM. I'm interested (and frankly hope) to see this trend continue. It seems to be a more predictable and fair way to move forward with power creep.The next few months are going to be cool to watch even if it kind of sucks in the mid-term.

Negator

Beat Legend and got Sphinx! My first ever descended! Yay!

I got super lucky and he switched Skuld and Nut. Didn't affect the team too terribly.

I don't think I've ever seen such a rapid conversion of people doing a new dungeon. Everybody has a uvo Egyptian within ten minutes of the dungeon opening lol

Top Bottom