• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

Beat legend first no drop, then cleared mythical with a scare on awoken Thoth when my ronia got bound.

1 sphinx down 2 more to go

Edit: nvm found it

Hope sopdet drops on my next run

mike23

Beat Sphinx Mythical twice with my Urd team. First time I had to stone because some skyfalls screwed me and knocked sphinx under 10% the turn before my Urd active was going to be up. Second time it went pretty smoothly.

I'm terrible though, so I had to stall out the combo shield each time.

g1feGbD.jpg

I also managed to get a Sopdet drop for my Ra. I'm short a green mask for Bastet though.

ZeroAKA

Really easy descend, got my 2 Sphinxes already. I just need one more for Isis when her awoken form comes here.

I'm also looking for new Ra/Bastet/Verdandi friends. I have Ronia as my team 1 leader and will rotate between the three for my main team. My ID is 380,362,254.

coy

Got Sphinx to drop on both difficulties which will save me 50 stam tomorrow. I was able to 0-stone with Minerva/Hera Ur/Goemon/Freyr/Echidna/Minerva. I brought Goemon for the big burst finisher without taking into account the <5 combo absorb on Sphinx. Once I read up that it only lasted 5 turns on Legend, I had to look up if it was the same for Mythical and thankfully it was. I still need some mats before getting the awoken versions so that'll be my priority this event.

Kreed

Just wanted to test out Sphinx Mythical with Awoken Lakshmi but ended up beating it blind. That shield on Sopdet was bull shit though. Thankfully one water row matches minus 5 hearts were enough to get the damage I needed without going over. I didn't even know Sphinx had a switch ability until I read the posts in here. Although my team was Lakshmi x2, Andromeda, Hermes, Snow White, Karin so I think only Karin would have been a disaster scenario anyway.

phew. On the 14th?

If you don't want to wait, they do have a chance of dropping from this same Descend.

hermit7

I beat Legend easily with a Ronia team (no drop) but on Mythical I hit Sopdet too hard and she absorbed it and killed me.

Spent one stone on mythical on Toth I think. Hit him over too hard and burnt one stone.

Legend was cake and got sopdet to drop as well as a second Sphinx. Will use the first on Bastet which hopefully will be up tomorrow and then will start leveling up the things for Isis. Shiva hopefully comes out soon he is already prepared as is caocao.

Okamid3n

I wanna roll for one of the egyptians (I have none).

But if I get one more Astaroth, I'm quitting this game, I swear.

So I probably shouldn't roll...

The sphinx dungeon was one of the easiest new dungeon in a long time for me.

yami4ct

Man. I played real real bad today. Went into Sphinx with my Beel team only to realize it wasn't close to up to the task (Even legend). Switched to Kali. Did well, but died. Stoned for stamina so I can be free of this thing.

Here's where it gets real bad. Had a great run where I got real lucky on some boards to kill Sopdet at the last minute. Got to sphinx and got him to a sliver and died. Decided to throw a stone at the 40% chance of drop in a panic. Die like an idiot. 2 more panic stones later, I got the drop.

Well, at least I don't need anything from the REM. Possibly my dumbest Stone decisions in a while. I could see the Awoken Ra dangled in front of my face and I had to go for it. There's no reason I should've had to stone at all. Had I gotten 1 more combo on my initial Kali board, I would've burst through with damage to spare. Don't be like me, folks! At least I got the drop and I can forget about Sphinx until Awoken Isis hits or I get time to work on my Bastet team.

Jagernaut

Ok after a couple of failures on Sphinx Mythical I've got it down now. I use big combos without orb changing to kill Sopdet. Haku or Ronia are just too powerful and are absorbed. Drawn Joker was helpful when orb trolled for hearts or to make a row of hearts to unbind team members. Mini Lu Bu made sure I killed the boss in 1 turn.

I now have 2 Sphinxes for Horus and Bastet, I just need 2 rainbow keepers to evolve the sphinxes. Ra can wait since I need to evolve Sopdet.

Jonsoncao

Banned
The only thing I can say is that A.Horus paired with Kali is so flexible and strong.

Straight breezing through Mythical with an unplus'd/unskilled team (except frd hypermaxed Kali)

If only I got a double tpa healer...

FHo2eSp.png

FZZ

Banned
Ran mythical one more time

Whereas the first time I kept on doing too much damage because Sopdet was light and my dark damage overpowered them. This time I didn't do enough damage when I got Sopdet down to the dark half of its health and it killed me

-_- the dungeon isn't even hard this gimmick is just killing me because I do too much or too little.

Spoit

It feels like we're in this awkward transitional phase where GungHo is setting up systems that'll be for everyone in like 6-8 months, but has also transitioned away from some of the popular stuff (like Pii challenge awards) we've used for the last 5 or so months. We're left in this gap where things are harder for non-whales, since very few of the things GungHo is introducing really help us in the short.

It's interesting how much of this transition happened months ago without people (or maybe just me, I guess) really noticing. The Awoken Evo system seems to be moving people away from constantly seeking the next REM hit to stoning for things to improve their teams. Skill ups have moved from grinding out 7 or 8 through feed monsters to just feeding 4 (hard to get) Piis. The incentive for mid-tier is already moving to team improvement and away from REM. I'm interested (and frankly hope) to see this trend continue. It seems to be a more predictable and fair way to move forward with power creep.The next few months are going to be cool to watch even if it kind of sucks in the mid-term.

It doesn't help that they've been so stingy with those mid-tier rewards outside of the japan server too....

SS Isis made Sphinx a joke. Super easy to put out big damage when I need it, and to keep it under control against Sopdet.

Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared to evolve my Bastet, so she'll have to wait until next week. Just need to evolve Sphinx and Medjedra and I'll be good.

am_dragon

Glad I took Awoken Minerva and a bunch of row subs. I was able get though legend and mythical without a problem. Sphinx dropped in both, now I just need a jewel and a mask.

I am really happy that went well, I was pretty frustrated with the game today. Fed the six dark chasers to Haku for her last skill up, nothing.
I spent a couple stones today running Athena, because I need 6 red jewels, 8 runs no invade. Spent all my natural stamina and then some for the yellow dubs to evolve the sphinxes, not a single one dropped.

The funny thing is I was concerned about the sphinx decended and here I've spent more stamina on the mats to evolve it, than the sphinx itself.

yami4ct

Looks like they're doing a Fire skill up dungeon in Japan starting Monday. It drops Red Pirate, Red Pixie, Naga, Red Shieldra, Red Mystic Knight and Oneton.

That's a great concept. Will definitely help out my Gadius team. Going to take the opportunity to try and skillup Phoenix Knight, grab and skill-up a Naga and hoard Pixies to skill up Yamato. I was upset with Red Chaser still getting left out, but Awoken Leilan's different skill kind of killed his need for me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sphinx worked out better tha expected, Verdandi team had no issues. Cleared Legend and Mystical and even got Sophet. Perfect.

Now I need to evolve Sphinx and I'm ready to evolve Bastet. Can't wait to try her out even though she is will be sub lvl 30.

With Sophet I also everything needed for Awoken Ra... But that isn't happening anytime soon xD

razterik

Looks like they're doing a Fire skill up dungeon in Japan starting Monday. It drops Red Pirate, Red Pixie, Naga, Red Shieldra, Red Mystic Knight and Oneton.

That's a great concept. Will definitely help out my Gadius team. Going to take the opportunity to try and skillup Phoenix Knight, grab and skill-up a Naga and hoard Pixies to skill up Yamato. I was upset with Red Chaser still getting left out, but Awoken Leilan's different skill kind of killed his need for me.

I can't think of any reason to use Suzaku forms over A.Leilan. Maybe Tsubaki or Shiva, but it doesn't really make a difference. The real omission is red cat for Set when all the other red stuff has separate surveys. Guess mine will stay unskilled until a future uevo makes him good enough.

JP Godfest day 2 rolls:

Tiamat (are you kidding me)
Green TPA mech
Dark TPA mech
Zuoh

Mechs are whatever. Maybe useful in the future somewhere. Zuoh is a good Byakko replacement for this account. Not very excited since I'm moving away from most teams that would use him, but it's okay. Still no Bastet.

cw_sasuke

Astaroth max skilled !!!

And that's finally done as well, worked out smoothly now that the dungeon also drops evolved version. I can finally try the other dungeon for sticker girl skill ups.

yami4ct

I can't think of any reason to use Suzaku forms over A.Leilan. Maybe Tsubaki or Shiva, but it doesn't really make a difference. The real omission is red cat for Set when all the other red stuff has separate surveys. Guess mine will stay unskilled until a future uevo makes him good enough.

Totally forgot about Set. Yeah, his SU mat could've been there. The mats in there all having Survey dungeons limits the use, but if you need to skill up multiple of those fire guys at the same time it's probably still pretty efficient.

My JP Godfest day 2 rolls

Anubis
Horus
Green Machine Dragon
Shotel

JP account keeps dropping good stuff that just doesn't go together. I'm guessing Gadius still is going to be my best team. I should probably really commit to it and hoard stones for an AA1 Godfest.

Azusa

OMG! Max skilled my LKali!

After several weeks of farming and countless develit drops LKali skillup hell is over. I have 55 develit in my box and I only hope that one day I'll roll DKali. I have waited for Bastet almost a year, I'll wait for DKali too.

Also Sphinx is so easy, finished it on first try. Now I need to evo mats and awoken my Ra.

Nohar

Well, it may be a good time to play PAD again, instead of remaining stuck on the same dungeon forever (Tomb of the Saint-Deep, King of the Underworld).

Just pulled $Thanatos, The Dark Elemental. He seems kinda "meh". Oh well, better than a silver egg.

Among my notable monsters, I have Rodin, War Deity Minerva, Ame no Uzume, Shiva, Shaitan, Neptune, Ice Dragon Plesios (mentioned because I only miss the Jewel of Wood to transform him into Phantom Icedragon, Mirage Plesios, for what he's worth), Jade Dragon Caller Sonia, Tortoise Mountain Genbu Meimei, Durga and Pandora (who I can evolve as soon as she reaches max level).

The thing is, I don't really know on what I should be focusing. Farm Tower of Giants until level 100? Do Special Dungeons (I usually don't bother with those)? Chain Technical Dungeons for Pengdras (and if yes, which one and which floor)? Evolve my monsters? Look for actual useful subs?

And I have way too many monsters (115+)...

cw_sasuke

4 rolls 4 silver fucking eggs. Fuck.

Man that sucks to hear... :-/

OMG! Max skilled my LKali!

After several weeks of farming and countless develit drops LKali skillup hell is over. I have 55 develit in my box and I only hope that one day I'll roll DKali. I have waited for Bastet almost a year, I'll wait for DKali too.

Also Sphinx is so easy, finished it on first try. Now I need to evo mats and awoken my Ra.

Awesome congrats - looks like you will have hypermaxed soon...this will be your first one right ? Havent done Friday dungeon in a while but will get back to it next week for evo materials and slowly starting skilling up LKali as well.

Azusa

Awesome congrats - looks like you will have hypermaxed soon...this will be your first one right ? Havent done Friday dungeon in a while but will get back to it next week for evo materials and slowly starting skilling up LKali as well.

Yeah it will be my first hyper. I have +297 Ronia but she doesn't need skillups any more or I'm just too lazy to grind fruit dungeon. And my DMeta is +269, I didnt maxed RCV.

J0dy77

My never ending luck on the jp rem continues. Pulled sasuke, ares and the new exclusive that turns orbs red and light 36x when matching an enhanced orb. Can't even remember her US name. Anyone refresh my memory?

One roll on US, Ra (my third ).

Scraped up enough stones for one roll, and out pops Urd!

She'll be perfect for my Gadius team, among others, and as a leader in her own right. Sadly, Amenouzume will probably go on the bench for the time being.

am_dragon

Well, it may be a good time to play PAD again, instead of remaining stuck on the same dungeon forever (Tomb of the Saint-Deep, King of the Underworld).

Just pulled $Thanatos, The Dark Elemental. He seems kinda "meh". Oh well, better than a silver egg.

Among my notable monsters, I have Rodin, War Deity Minerva, Ame no Uzume, Shiva, Shaitan, Neptune, Ice Dragon Plesios (mentioned because I only miss the Jewel of Wood to transform him into Phantom Icedragon, Mirage Plesios, for what he's worth), Jade Dragon Caller Sonia, Tortoise Mountain Genbu Meimei, Durga and Pandora (who I can evolve as soon as she reaches max level).

The thing is, I don't really know on what I should be focusing. Farm Tower of Giants until level 100? Do Special Dungeons (I usually don't bother with those)? Chain Technical Dungeons for Pengdras (and if yes, which one and which floor)? Evolve my monsters? Look for actual useful subs?

And I have way too many monsters (115+)...

What rank are you? If you could put your monsters in padHerder it would be easier for us to help you.

Rixa

Some newbie questions below pics & if you fellow GAFers could advice me.

My party now:

My inventory:

Made 2 Godfest pulls today:

Questions:

1. Sylph has those 5 awoken(?) marks, how do I activate them and why it has them at all?
2. Shall I change Nut to Verdandi (cost issues) and fill the party with crap units?
3. Time to grind Dragons of Tower battle and fuse those what drop there to?
4. Or shall I go further in the story?
-> Next area "Twin Temple Apollo"
5. How to form a party and what to think of future?
-> How to shape party?

Thank you for the answers :).

cw_sasuke

Man I suck with Bastet haha... But it's fun and the damage potential is ridiculous. Will take a while to get used to her playstyle though.

Some newbie questions below pics & if you fellow GAFers could advice me.

My party now:

My inventory:

Made 2 Godfest pulls today:

Questions:

1. Sylph has those 5 awoken(?) marks, how do I activate them and why it has them at all?
2. Shall I change Nut to Verdandi (cost issues) and fill the party with crap units?
-> How to shape party?

Oh you pulled Verdandi? Welcome to the family xD

I'm on the go and mobile so I can't go into too much detail, but you should definitely use Verdandi down the line she is one of the best leaders in the game. Just use the solid wood monster you already have or can farm.

At this point you still should work on your Rank, so grind the Dragon Tower so you can use evolved Verdandi as you leader with a couple subs.

Awoken marks stand for passive skills many evolved for of units have - to unlock them you need to feed your units Tamadra. During the current event we are getting a Tamadra daily. You should use them on your important leader and sub units since they aren't that easy to come by at the beginning. I would save the once you have right now and use them on Verdandis evo form which has 5 Awakenings.

Nut is a good leader as well but I think with Verdandis TPA and her active skill you will be able to perform better.

Quantum

The sphinx dungeon was one of the easiest new dungeon in a long time for me.

I came here to say this - urd crushed this.

- I'm getting more excited for shiva now that I correctly understand how it works.

That's a great concept. .

I'm at the point where I hate hearing about the JPN game - it makes me angry about the US game - which I try not to be.

Azusa

Questions:

-> How to shape party?

Don't open mail with egg icon. It's TAMADRA and it will take your precious box space. Also I don't recommend to use them on mediocre subs like Sylph. Use them on leader first and only then on subs.

Verdandi is cool but you need a green team for her. Play with Nut for now and farm ranks.

On weekends I recommend you to farm Tower. You need bigger team cost.

Rixa

'Thank you for the answers. Its too late for Tamadras, but if they give more those Ill keep them in mail.
I start to build wood party but cause I have cost issues I dont add Verdandi yet to party, I add her when I have wood units & cost.
Grinding Dragon Tower continues :).

Nohar

What rank are you? If you could put your monsters in padHerder it would be easier for us to help you.

Didn't know this thing existed, to be honest. I'm rank 68 by the way.

Added all my monsters. Will this link work for you? My ID is 771,245,263 (Europe).
Note: I'm at 125/125 monsters... Getting tough to decide which to get rid of. Currently trying to get a Dragon Seed, to evolve the Samurai Goblin.
Note²: Well, done: Rowdy Samurai Goblin get!

cw_sasuke

Bastet....Bastet.....Bastet - max awoken, could have had my first Endless Corridor clear with the team but i was too greedy to use the right active on Zeus. But im getting into it - really nice rcv you get when you always go for high combos.

quickmemo_2015-07-11-w2rdu.png

Liu Beis active can be an overkill if you try to reach high combos - def. dont need more of one Liu Bei in the team. I think Uevo Vischnu could really shine on that team.

Cant wait for Awoken Meimei and Vishnu. But other than that i only need to max lvl Bastet and 2nd. Verdandi for now, as well as start egging Liu Bei.

'Thank you for the answers. Its too late for Tamadras, but if they give more those Ill keep them in mail.
I start to build wood party but cause I have cost issues I dont add Verdandi yet to party, I add her when I have wood units & cost.

Great - keep up ranking up !!
Verdandi is worth the effort - definitely get Ancient Dragon Knight tomorrow from this dungeon.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1049

He is a solid farmable orb changer with a TPA awakening. HIm with the ones you have and high lvl Verdandi friends and you should be good for faster weekend farming/Ranking.

Yeah it will be my first hyper. I have +297 Ronia but she doesn't need skillups any more or I'm just too lazy to grind fruit dungeon. And my DMeta is +269, I didnt maxed RCV.
Nice - i guess you use DMeta in your LKali team considering her stats right ?

FZZ

Banned
Went to try Sphinx Descended early today. Mythical...died at Sopdet again (fuck this) used a stone and beat the rest of the dungeon easily.

Evolved my Ra. And holy fuck, just did a test run on tower of giants and my damage output was exceeding 500,000k easily (was paired with an Lkali friend since I have no Awoken Ras available right now) and those were with strict 5 combos. As soon as I got to 6 combos I was doing 1-1.3 mil per sub. Didn't even try to use two prongs lmao.

cw_sasuke

Went to try Sphinx Descended early today. Mythical...died at Sopdet again (fuck this) used a stone and beat the rest of the dungeon easily.

Evolved my Ra. And holy fuck, just did a test run on tower of giants and my damage output was exceeding 500,000k easily (was paired with an Lkali friend since I have no Awoken Ras available right now) and those were with strict 5 combos. As soon as I got to 6 combos I was doing 1-1.3 mil per sub. Didn't even try to use two prongs lmao.

What does your Ra team look like ? 2x LKali and DKali ?

FZZ

Banned
What does your Ra team look like ? 2x LKali and DKali ?

My test team was 1x Lkali, 1x Dkali, Isis (going to get awoken when that is released in NA for now she is just the regular Evo), and then Wood Wizard Leeza lmao because I need an on color green and something that won't conflict with the other actives that much.

Will probably switch Leeza with Chibi Valk though for the TPA and lower CD.

Kyuur

To be honest, when I was low rank I used my evo'd and awakened Verdandi with trash green subs (Dragon Fruits mostly) with a friend Verdandi and cleared early stuff quite handily. If you find yourself getting bored as you need to start running DT tons to level up once, see if you can get yourself up to the Hyperion Lava Flow set of dungeons for a better time:rankup ratio.

Wondering if any Verdandi players can chime in.. I have Osiris and am planning on getting Medjedra this week. The high HP on Verdandi teams is great but I find it nearly impossible to heal (no Parvarti for heartmaker). Wondering if it might be worth it to run Medjedra/Verdandi balanced team. Effectively 10.25/1.5/1.5 instead of 12.25/2.25/1, with a chance of being crippled if you hit below 50% (although you can heal up more quickly, obviously).

Top Bottom