• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Azusa

I have all mats for awoken RA. Everything is evolved and ready but, but... I don't have Rubylit to unevo L/L Ra T_T

Farmed fire dungeon ten times and no luck. Wait for Friday or farm more?

Kyuur

Rolled once, got Belial. Not a horrible sub for my wip Gadius.

Reposting for new page too: Thoughts on balanced Medjedra/Verdandi (w/ Osiris sub) team vs balanced (no Liu Bei) Verdandi/Verdandi?

smbu2000

Well pulled a few times on both of my accounts.

iPhone: Gronia, Sasuke (#2), Phact (new Mech Beast series card) and some troll golds like Melon Dragon and Kurone.

My first Sonia besides Ronia, could be useful paired with my 3 Liu Beis and another dragon. She would've been better on my iPad though paired with my Cell as he complements her skill well 100x damage to one enemy along with enhancing wood/dark orbs. I could use my hyper Cell as a friend(3.5x ATK for devils/dragons) for a Gronia team. 8.75x ATK and 2.5x RCV wouldn't be too bad especially with the extra damage done from TPAs.

iPad: Yamato Takeru (#2, still haven't evo'd #1), troll gold Undine, Fuu, and Ra (#3). I already have A.Ra and my other is L/L Ra. I guess I could make L/D Ra again as well. Shouldn't be too tough to max skill getting all the masks from Ocean of Heaven.

jay23

I have all mats for awoken RA. Everything is evolved and ready but, but... I don't have Rubylit to unevo L/L Ra T_T

Farmed fire dungeon ten times and no luck. Wait for Friday or farm more?

Those usually drop for me just give it a couple of more runs.

I was completely unprepared to rank up 3 Sphinx looks like everyone saved up a bunch of metal dragons/high exp materials.

Doesn't even matter if I awaken bastet my green sub's aren't even leveled up yet.

ZeroAKA

I decided to take my new Awoken Ra team its first Mythical dungeon. I got trolled by skyfall against Sopdet on the first turn, but Sphinx Descended was smooth sailing other than that. I really like the Ra play style.

Jagernaut

I wasn't ready to level up 2 Sphinxes either but super rubies are on today so I should have Horus and Bastet awoken later tonight. I was also out of rainbow keepers but I ran the Evo rush coin dungeon and got 2 in 3 runs.

Zero_IYAD

Welp, Sphinx is easy with dual Bastet as long as you learn 'when' to hold your damage for that round of <200 k.
No orbs to evolve my 3 Egyptians tho =_=
Kinda regret throwing all orbs on a Beelzebub I don't even use -.-

zoku88

I decided to take my new Awoken Ra team its first Mythical dungeon. I got trolled by skyfall against Sopdet on the first turn, but Sphinx Descended was smooth sailing other than that. I really like the Ra play style.

Isn't it hard to keep under the 200K limit with him? (Is that what the skyfall did?)

Last roll: Isis.

Well I will take it.

Ra team is now: Ra/Valk/Lkali/Yomi/AIsis/Ra

With Diza and sun quan as alternates. I'm dying for a second Lkali but it will work.

Azusa

Last roll: Isis.

Well I will take it.

Ra team is now: Ra/Valk/Lkali/Yomi/AIsis/Ra

With Diza and sun quan as alternates. I'm dying for a second Lkali but it will work.

Finally got awoken Ra.

My team is Ra/Valk/Lkali/Yomi/Dmeta/Ra for a while. I'm thinking to evo Isis for now and use her instead of Yomi. I think monsters with faster skills are preferable in Ra team, isn't it? Yomi with 20 turns skill is too slow.

Finally got awoken Ra.

My team is Ra/Valk/Lkali/Yomi/Dmeta/Ra for a while. I'm thinking to evo Isis for now and use her instead of Yomi. I think monsters with faster skills are preferable in Ra team, isn't it? Yomi with 20 turns skill is too slow.

Yomi is mostly if I need the extra time to activate.

God if I had a Dkali or another Lkali my Ra team would be super consistent. I'm tempted to but stones since Bastet would also be nice but I know that's dumb.

jay23

I wasn't ready to level up 2 Sphinxes either but super rubies are on today so I should have Horus and Bastet awoken later tonight. I was also out of rainbow keepers but I ran the Evo rush coin dungeon and got 2 in 3 runs.

Good call hope it doesn't take too many stones to rank them up.

O now they wanna give me red dragon fruit, took all my stamina to get 2 on Thursday.
BadBGTN.jpg

30 stones. Hoping for Bastet.

Odin
Odin
Basilisk
Anubis
Pierdra
Chrono Turtle

The search continues. Super happy about Anubis and Odin, less the dupe, but it will be a long time before I can get the combo prowess for Anubis.

Noaloha

Dupe silver Mitsuki. Lame.
Dupe muhfuggin MERMAID. 3-rarity star egg from a REM pull. :(

And red boss won't drop for me in Grimoires. Need for Shiva.

Sad padder.

yami4ct

Got enough for one more pull on the JP side. Ronia! Went from no Ronia on either account a couple weeks ago to now having one on each. Think I might finally be able to make an alternate team from my Gadius squad.

Maybe use her to make a full dark row team? Thinking

Ronia/Pandora/Pandora/Baddie/Open/Beelz

No clue what to put in the last spot. Ideal would be a board changer like Haku or Zuoh, but I don't have either. If i could get a Tiamat that would at least get me 2x more rows. Probably short term something like Lilith or Vamp or something would have to do.

I'm pretty satisfied with where my Gadius team is now. I picked up Urd today, so I'm thinking:

Gadius/Urd/Minerva/Chiyome/Cao Cao/Gadius

I might put Strawberry Dragon in there somewhere. Just need to work on skilling up Gadius and Urd, which will unfortunately be a long wait.

razterik

Yes, but the Thoth and Sopdet drops are rare, like 20% at best.

Not my day playing PAD. Failed Zhou Yu in JP four times, hate the stupid all element requirement now that they aren't tempering the dungeon difficulty for mismatched teams. Failed Devil Rush four times in NA and didn't get a single skill up so far farming Shinra 2x for Shiva and Arthur. Should have taken the day off instead, waste of time.

Jagernaut

Finally evolved Awoken Horus and Awoken Bastet. Cleared out about 30 box spaces after fully awakening them with tamadras. I only had 1 fire pii for Horus and no wood piis. Feels good.

hermit7

Finally evolved Awoken Horus and Awoken Bastet. Cleared out about 30 box spaces after fully awakening them with tamadras. I only had 1 fire pii for Horus and no wood piis. Feels good.

Congrats! I am awaiting ruby tomorrow so I can level Sphinx for Bastet. All of the other mats are ready so I am excited. I have tamas as well for her to be fully awoken but alas no piis as well so her skill level will stay at 9. Even when I get some I am not sure that hers is the skill I would max out. Probably would prefer Ceres for the lower cool down and the usefulness or Parvati for that matter.

What team are you running for Bastet? I have a few ideas but I think that lei bei/verd/meimei/ and the last spot is kind of variable. Vishnu or Ceres are options as well as Parvati but I do like having a lot of orb changers.

Hi folks, wanted to have a mobile game with long-term potential and/or stats so I decided to give this a spin. Apparently I have a lot of terms and minutiae to learn.

I followed the links in the OP and rerolled 4 times until I got "The Norn Verandi", which popped up across a few sites as being acceptable, so I kept it.

Which sites tend to have the best information and/or be most frequently updated? I like the calendar on padwiki.net but I'm not sure if that's the best site to keep tabs on all the random stuff that seems to be happen constantly.

hermit7

Hi folks, wanted to have a mobile game with long-term potential and/or stats so I decided to give this a spin. Apparently I have a lot of terms and minutiae to learn.

I followed the links in the OP and rerolled 4 times until I got "The Norn Verandi", which popped up across a few sites as being acceptable, so I kept it.

Which sites tend to have the best information and/or be most frequently updated? I like the calendar on padwiki.net but I'm not sure if that's the best site to keep tabs on all the random stuff that seems to be happen constantly.

Puzzledragonx.com Is considered one of the best sites. It provides all the info you could ever need.

Verdandi is a great starting lead. Load up on green monsters and have at it.

yami4ct

The main things I use are puzzle dragon x for database and news, the pad subreddit for guides and news, this OT and the PADGuide App for calendars. I highly suggest especially the last one as having an easy to set alarm for guerrilla dungeons the best. You might also want to make a PADHerder account to keep track of your box in a way you can post here. Most of all, don't be afraid to pop in here and ask questions. It helped me tremendously at my start and we're more than happy to point you where you need to go and help.

Verdandi is one of the best starting leads you can pull. She'll be easy to learn, can transition to the late game well and if you pull one of the cream of the crop leads, she can transition into being a great sub and farming lead. You did really well.

coy

I have Verdandi up almost daily so feel free to add me.

And yes, padx is a good resource.

razterik

Isn't every roll a yolo pull now that we know they are eventually removing farmables from the REM?

Four stones to remax two Arthurs and slowpoke Shiva. Should've rolled for Kiriko, fed off like fifty of her card drop. At least I accomplished something today.

yami4ct

Isn't every roll a yolo pull now that we know they are eventually removing farmables from the REM?

I needed some incentive to stop puling so I can actually fully level the teams I have now. This is a great one!

I bet I still won't have any self control once the Chinese GodFest rolls back around.

Puzzledragonx.com Is considered one of the best sites. It provides all the info you could ever need.

Verdandi is a great starting lead. Load up on green monsters and have at it.

The main things I use are puzzle dragon x for database and news, the pad subreddit for guides and news, this OT and the PADGuide App for calendars. I highly suggest especially the last one as having an easy to set alarm for guerrilla dungeons the best. You might also want to make a PADHerder account to keep track of your box in a way you can post here. Most of all, don't be afraid to pop in here and ask questions. It helped me tremendously at my start and we're more than happy to point you where you need to go and help.

Verdandi is one of the best starting leads you can pull. She'll be easy to learn, can transition to the late game well and if you pull one of the cream of the crop leads, she can transition into being a great sub and farming lead. You did really well.

I have Verdandi up almost daily so feel free to add me.

And yes, padx is a good resource.

Thank you guys! I seem to not have a stamina issue (at least not yet) but apparently I can't use my rare monster thing yet because she costs too much. And at the rate I'm leveling up it may stay that way for a while. I've just been fusing all the monsters of the same color together for the time being, but I don't know whether having a team full of green slime things is better (I had the bulbasaur starter who is my leader) or having an upgraded team with a few different elements.

I'll add you in a sec coy, I'm moblin of course

yami4ct

Thank you guys! I seem to not have a stamina issue (at least not yet) but apparently I can't use my rare monster thing yet because she costs too much. And at the rate I'm leveling up it may stay that way for a while. I've just been fusing all the monsters of the same color together for the time being, but I don't know whether having a team full of green slime things is better (I had the bulbasaur starter who is my leader) or having an upgraded team with a few different elements.

I'll add you in a sec coy, I'm moblin of course

Alright. I'm gonna cover just a few basic things at first

Number 1: The Rare Egg Machine (REM) costs Magic Stones. This will be your main source of your best monsters. You get Magic Stones in a few ways. Buying, clearing a dungeon for the first time, login bonuses and events. As you get further in, the rate you get them will slow and the bi-weekly events will likely be your main source. Never pull the REM outside of GodFests, as they give the best rates for the best monsters. These occur over 2 days during the event period. Any of those news sources we gave you will tell you when a new fest has been announced and what's in it. Also don't pull any special REM unless people here actually say it's good. Most special REMs (Non regular or PAL machines) are huge traps.

Number 2: What's in your team right now won't matter very much. You aren't going to use any of the early drops long term. Since you're using Verdandi, just fill it with green monsters right now. As you get further up, we'll tell you what monsters to look out for.

Number 3: Stamina won't be a problem for you right now, but of course like any other F2P title like this it will become a problem. The game lets you clear many of the first dungeons back to back with level up refills. Prices go up over time and leveling slows, so stamina becomes more of an issue.

Number 4: Treat magic stones carefully. At first, never use them to continue a dungeon and never use them to refill stamina. There are times were those things are beneficial, but you'll learn those as you go and they won't really be a thing until much later. Saving stones just for the REM is a good general rule.

I think this covers the "Shit I wish I knew when I started". I began on my own with no idea what the heck was going on so I wasted a lot of stuff. It didn't kill me long term, but it definitely slowed me up.

yami4ct

Every time someone pulls a Verdandi, I die a little inside. Yes, I am the last person who can complain about REM luck, but I want her so bad. She's truly my new Ronia.

Alright. I'm gonna cover just a few basic things at first

Number 1: The Rare Egg Machine (REM) costs Magic Stones. This will be your main source of your best monsters. You get Magic Stones in a few ways. Buying, clearing a dungeon for the first time, login bonuses and events. As you get further in, the rate you get them will slow and the bi-weekly events will likely be your main source. Never pull the REM outside of GodFests, as they give the best rates for the best monsters. These occur over 2 days during the event period. Any of those news sources we gave you will tell you when a new fest has been announced and what's in it. Also don't pull any special REM unless people here actually say it's good. Most special REMs (Non regular or PAL machines) are huge traps.

Number 2: What's in your team right now won't matter very much. You aren't going to use any of the early drops long term. Since you're using Verdandi, just fill it with green monsters right now. As you get further up, we'll tell you what monsters to look out for.

Number 3: Stamina won't be a problem for you right now, but of course like any other F2P title like this it will become a problem. The game lets you clear many of the first dungeons back to back with level up refills. Prices go up over time and leveling slows, so stamina becomes more of an issue.

Number 4: Treat magic stones carefully. At first, never use them to continue a dungeon and never use them to refill stamina. There are times were those things are beneficial, but you'll learn those as you go and they won't really be a thing until much later. Saving stones just for the REM is a good general rule.

I think this covers the "Shit I wish I knew when I started". I began on my own with no idea what the heck was going on so I wasted a lot of stuff. It didn't kill me long term, but it definitely slowed me up.

Every time someone pulls a Verdandi, I die a little inside. Yes, I am the last person who can complain about REM luck, but I want her so bad. She's truly my new Ronia.

Thanks for the tips. I'm slogging through the "beginner's" guides on various sites and the sheer volume of random word groupings is positively MOBAesque. One of the things that gets stressed endlessly is saving the stones for rolls and I've played enough IAP games to not be dumb enough and waste them on continues or refilling "stamina", so hopefully I'm good there.

I still need to level up some more before I can even use Verdandi... I wish I could visualize board patterns to clear these dumb early elemental dungeons more quickly, but I assume that skill will come in time.

yami4ct

Thanks for the tips. I'm slogging through the "beginner's" guides on various sites and the sheer volume of random word groupings is positively MOBAesque. One of the things that gets stressed endlessly is saving the stones for rolls and I've played enough IAP games to not be dumb enough and waste them on continues or refilling "stamina", so hopefully I'm good there.

I still need to level up some more before I can even use Verdandi... I wish I could visualize board patterns to clear these dumb early elemental dungeons more quickly, but I assume that skill will come in time.

I'd say for the first week or so at least, don't worry about team building or anything long term. Just get to know the game and learn the puzzle aspect. The other parts of the game become big much later and it can be a real information overload. Being good at the puzzles will get you through more situations than a great team will.

But but there are sticker girls and other trash rem exclusives.

I can't think of the last time I pulled a Silver that wasn't a PAD Z monster or Golem. Even now that Golems are decent, I don't need so many.

Rixa

To be honest, when I was low rank I used my evo'd and awakened Verdandi with trash green subs (Dragon Fruits mostly) with a friend Verdandi and cleared early stuff quite handily. If you find yourself getting bored as you need to start running DT tons to level up once, see if you can get yourself up to the Hyperion Lava Flow set of dungeons for a better time:rankup ratio.

Wondering if any Verdandi players can chime in.. I have Osiris and am planning on getting Medjedra this week. The high HP on Verdandi teams is great but I find it nearly impossible to heal (no Parvarti for heartmaker). Wondering if it might be worth it to run Medjedra/Verdandi balanced team. Effectively 10.25/1.5/1.5 instead of 12.25/2.25/1, with a chance of being crippled if you hit below 50% (although you can heal up more quickly, obviously).

Again few question, everyone can answer. I have Snow Globe Dragon Vert (wood). Should I max it use as exp fodder for Verdandi?

Also I was kinda lucky yesterday, got rank up and same time popped Ruby Dragon dungeon, so spend 40 STA there (was going to sleep) :).

Can I use these all to exp up that SGD Vert? Or do I need to save those Ruby Dragon King (got 2 of them) for something? Or if I cant use Vert as exp fodder for Verdandi, shall I use those Rubys to Verdandi?

I got total of: 7 Ruby Dragons, 1 High Ruby Dragon, 2 King Ruby Dragons.

Where to get material for Evo Verdandi?

yami4ct

Again few question, everyone can answer. I have Snow Globe Dragon Vert (wood). Should I max it use as exp fodder for Verdandi?

Also I was kinda lucky yesterday, got rank up and same time popped Ruby Dragon dungeon, so spend 40 STA there (was going to sleep) :).

Can I use these all to exp up that SGD Vert? Or do I need to save those Ruby Dragon King (got 2 of them) for something? Or if I cant use Vert as exp fodder for Verdandi, shall I use those Rubys to Verdandi?

I got total of: 7 Ruby Dragons, 1 High Ruby Dragon, 2 King Ruby Dragons.

I'm still up, so might as well answer! The Snowglobe Dragons are pretty great early subs if you don't have something better. If you can find a use for it, it might help you short term to have a better team. Their main use is a huge exp fodder, so if you don't need the sub then level it to max and feed it to your Verdandi once she's evoed.

As for ruby dragons, again they're EXP fodder. You won't get the same color exp bonus for feeding them to Vert, but with the jewel dragons that doesn't matter too much because they're farmable. Some evos will use kings as mats, but don't worry about saving them. Just farm what you need if you need the evo.

As for Evo mats, the daily dungeons are almost always your best bet. Tuesday will give you the Keepers (Green Keeper level for green, Rainbow for Rainbow) and Friday Expert is the best spot for Dub-Lits

You won't be able to evo Verd until she's max leveled, though. Don't feed Vert until she's evoed as that actually gives you so much EXP I believe you'll cap level on the base form before using it all. You'll be wasting EXP that way.

Rixa

You won't be able to evo Verd until she's max leveled, though. Don't feed Vert until she's evoed as that actually gives you so much EXP I believe you'll cap level on the base form before using it all. You'll be wasting EXP that way.

Thank you for the quick answer. I have now clear plan:

1. Grab needed evo mats
2. Verdandi to max level
3. Vert to max level
4. Feed Vert to evo Verdandi for shitton of exp.

^^ Before those: Use Ruby dragons for exp.

razterik

Note you're probably not going to clear Rainbow Keeper (the 2nd evo material) dungeon for a while. It's relatively tough early on.

Also, evolving Verdandi will increase her team cost by 10. This doesn't mean much later, but it can make or break your team right now. Be careful when you evolve things that are important to your current team.

Azusa

Yeah your main goal is to rank up to use Verd + random green monsters then you level up these monsters and Verd of course. Then you'll get better green monsters and swap your weak ones. Also when you roll REM don't forget to favourite any god you'll get there. It doesn't matter if its unusable for Verd team. Maybe a few month later you'll find a use for it.

You can try to get then from PAL eggs. I remembered when I was a newb and I needed a raindow keeper I have used an ogre+odin or amaterasu team to do that daily dungeon. It was like 30min battle lol. Yellow snowglobe active skill was my main dmg...

Note you're probably not going to clear Rainbow Keeper (the 2nd evo material) dungeon for a while. It's relatively tough early on.

Odin team can.

Rixa

You can try to get then from PAL eggs. I remembered when I was a newb and I needed a raindow keeper I have used an ogre+odin or amaterasu team to do that daily dungeon. It was like 30min battle lol. Yellow snowglobe active skill was my main dmg...

Thanks I do that.
Edit: Got White Dragon, Bubblie, Dark Pengdra.

Btw got lucky with Vert.
1. Enhancing 5x Ruby Dragon, "Good"
2. Enhancing 2x Ruby Dragon, 1 High RDragon 2x King RDraong
-> I see I get it to 44 level when lvl max is 50.
--> I see I get "Super"
---> Now my Vert is maxed

Screenshot_2015-07-12-12-44-40.png

Top Bottom