• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

So, any advices for me on what I should be focusing on? Monster box here (or if that fail, Friend ID 771,245,263 (Europe) ).

Strongest you got is fire with: Shiva, ROdin, Ame No Uzume and Minerva together with a Phoenix knight. Lead with Ame/Shiva, Red odin once he evolves if you want as well. You should have 6 rows before friend once you tama/evolve Ame, ROdin and Shiva. You can get by with that for awhile as you gain more stones and level your crew. You could use Durga once in awhile but her team would just be color fillers and lack a main element focus, best to leave her out for now, maybe come back later once you have more dark stuff to put her on or just use Pandora if that pans out.

Once you start getting some levels into your red team, look to pimp out your ROdin with +eggs to attract more friends to get more pal points.

Negator

So Skuld/Blodon/UY/UY/SQ/Skuld

Feat. 1 billion recovery, 10 TPA, 3 time extends, 8 skill boost, 5 row enhance. Pair with Nut/Muse for when HP/burst is needed.

Sounds sick. I think I'm going to be sick.

saichi

don't think I have ever pulled this many silver in a row... including light golem in the last godfest, I got 5 silvers in a row now :(

Nohar

Strongest you got is fire with: Shiva, ROdin, Ame No Uzume and Minerva together with a Phoenix knight. Lead with Ame/Shiva, Red odin once he evolves if you want as well. You should have 6 rows before friend once you tama/evolve Ame, ROdin and Shiva. You can get by with that for awhile as you gain more stones and level your crew. You could use Durga once in awhile but her team would just be color fillers and lack a main element focus, best to leave her out for now, maybe come back later once you have more dark stuff to put her on or just use Pandora if that pans out.

Once you start getting some levels into your red team, look to pimp out your ROdin with +eggs to attract more friends to get more pal points.

Thank you very much! Finally completed Tomb of the Saint-Deep (it was a close call though). I'll focus on your advices and try to level up this team (Rodin cost is too high so I can't add him for now, sadly).

Feat. 1 billion recovery, 10 TPA, 3 time extends, 8 skill boost, 5 row enhance. Pair with Nut/Muse for when HP/burst is needed.

Ever think about replacing SQ with Ars Paulina for that sick orb enhancing from all those +orb enhances already in play? I guess you already have Blue odin but whatever.

am_dragon

Pulled once on my main account shardra. I can't believe this crap is still in the REM.

Pulled 2x on my alt account vampire, dryad. Wow, is the god fest even on?

am_dragon

So, any advices for me on what I should be focusing on? Monster box here (or if that fail, Friend ID 771,245,263 (Europe) ).

You are still pretty early in the game. You can actually make some decent xp grinding out Tower of Giants, Dragons of the Tower on the weekend.

As far as your box goes, feed the chimera, and the hello kitty bubblies, and other trash mobs. I'm not sure how much box space you have but you should have at least 2x your level. I'm not super familiar with Durga but you might want to build a team around her, and look for Durga friends. Practice activating her leader skill. You should be able to clear a lot of the normal content with her. Pandora is a great lead but you don't have many subs for here now. You have some really good cards, you just need to take the time to level them. At the same time you will be increasing your player rank and team cost.

The best way to level them is to run normal dungeons, feed 5 of the trash cards to 1 trash card until you have 5 cards trash cards around level 20, then feed that to your main cards. There are some great starting guides, and you are low enough level that they would still help you.

hermit7

Rolled a few times for godfest. Got an Ariel or whatever the light angel 2.0 is called. Also got a second sun quan and another Verd.

Any uses for a second sun quan? I have one max skilled and levelled b/g Sun Quan but dont really feel that a second provides that much utility.

Evolve to awoken Horus. I am currently using L.meta/L.Kali/Muse/D.Iza but the team seems too defensive. I will replace L.meta or D.Iza when Awoken Shiva is available

aq4jvPCofSQZNQedvdxUvrDqli9eim9rPk80esr7J6p9fomkR48VprC03LPnTmzGPVKzvSJC-yEFF_tRtnUh-9rvGHvKZeGNGv949jTSvdkO90M-N9fPpZvbm9lUCsu0KTr3cenxrNrgBm978_F08_9kZ13cqJf4IJQfUHoTp4pIvFEB82jf2WMwNmWFhYZagj-9NOkhCJEj0b9m1P66sdJ9UKwDVkegmWhlXJQmrhxgSekAbp9CsjJkRGTC0Z6hMGgBkaeeauVCt1UG-w3mt_kKzW0jdDWd9gkUz54fWqJereAAEUOAOgsIwTMMGH1Muqb7wc6gf6po7C3GdAGiNgc7YyeLinklpVuTsMPE8vio1T15EvGCMu8f1RsbM5wdLRdDlj_cZ2jdSv5wY4dio8RtLs6cnQDAIi_NQiHpHArSnYOPQexkDse1vJ4E8ibeCHXTJlXn8TKCKvpj3a3XmBYqJsSohSRcDatHbWmEFWPzpMlNIg8YVaXWYVH1lgIYysgVRAp3l9torx9xP_C80_k0BsHHCS_yb9vx-2xWfMELq1DyRGg4hNZewZQ29YP6xpcr51OXavKzKGjDYpBpNesAlYFcuZraNoY=w1342-h547-l75-ft

jay23

Not rolling till the trash gets taken out the rem

Cleared Hera ur mythical, I use to struggle with this dungeon because of all the preemptives. Beezle/Ronia took care of that

Quantum

Rolled a few times for godfest. Got an Ariel or whatever the light angel 2.0 is called. Also got a second sun quan and another Verd.

Any uses for a second sun quan? I have one max skilled and levelled b/g Sun Quan but dont really feel that a second provides that much utility.

different ults - one is a great sub, one is a good lead.

having only one I use it as a sub, but think it will take a place on an awoken ra team.

hermit7

different ults - one is a great sub, one is a good lead.

having only one I use it as a sub, but think it will take a place on an awoken ra team.

Yeah I figured as much. I have other blue leads that offer similar results so I may level and make him another sub. Delays are always important and he is great for burst as well.

Managed to scrape 5 Gems for one pull from Godfest. Dunno how good this is, atleast its wood and when I somepoint got the cost I should add it to party?
Troll gold, I'm afraid. Every couple of months or so, there's an event where you can get a free fruit dragon.

It can still be a useful sub on certain teams, especially early on though.

Rixa

Troll gold, I'm afraid. Every couple of months or so, there's an event where you can get a free fruit dragon.

It can still be a useful sub on certain teams, especially early on though.

Hah ofc, beign newbie knowing nothing :). Thanks for the info, atleast its not a 3* :p

Edit: Again got 2 runs in Ruby dragon dungeon. Thanks to it my Verdandi is now 28.

7/9 of my last rem rolls have been silver... That's what I get for violating my "roll until silver" rule. At least I got AIsis I suppose.

And maybe red guan yu will get an amazing ultimate.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man i hate Shinrabansho Choco Collab 2 - the stage drops always the one skill up unit i dont need :-/ This cant be random and no way in hell im max skilling Mitsuki or Ruka that way -.-

Wow congrats - thats the perfect Skuld team :eek:
I hope i can pull her at some point because i could run the same kickass team with her :-D

Kyuur

Did some challenge dungeons for one last roll this godfest. End results:

Belial (6 star) - Not horrible as a Gadius stand-in
Dark Dragon Swordsman (4 star) - Not horrible as a dark bind clearer, easy to skill up
AA Lucifer (5 star) - Not sure I really have a use for him as a leader with how far I am, maybe possible to do something like Lucifer/Durga with Folklore sub if I ever get my hands on him?

Negator

Wow congrats - thats the perfect Skuld team :eek:
I hope i can pull her at some point because i could run the same kickass team with her :-D

I think the perfect team would have a Muse somewhere in it but I think this team will take me places! I see lots of others run BValk but it's probably not necessary.

Hopefully this team will be capable of farming masks because I need a whole lot of both of them!

razterik

According to PADX we will be getting challenge dungeon tomorrow after all.

Great news if true.

Good, something to do this week! Now I need to figure out a way past Hera-Is in lvl 10, rest looks doable.

Odin team can.
not true, but you need a bit of luck

Okay, I admit I'm long past exploring the latest RK cheese strategies, heh. But I would point out that these aren't the easiest things to do when you've just started. Messing up orb matches or getting synced mobs can end your run.

PSA for JP, the pii dungeon is random, enter and leave to pick the color pii you want. Also good for farming PAL points since it's one stamina.

Quantum

7/9 of my last rem rolls have been silver... That's what I get for violating my "roll until silver" rule. At least I got AIsis I suppose.

And maybe red guan yu will get an amazing ultimate.

its all relative.

I have previously bought a pack of 85 stones and rolled 17 times, not only not getting a featured god - but not getting any god - RNG is RNG - people tend to post when they get something good so we see a lot of great rolls posted, most of (the majority) of crappy rolls people don't post.

RGY seems to be a decent roll - definitely nice if you used free stones.

- I think I'm joining the camp of people not going to roll anything again until the 3* have been removed
- Its easy to say that for me personally though as I have 98% of the cards I want at this point and should really just concentrate of +eggs/awakenings/skills.

yami4ct

Anyone running awoken ra? I need some awoken ra friends. 397 038 299 is code if ya interested. I also run ronia, beez, pandora, and yamato on thurs.

Adding you. I need to get a Sopdet and evo him and Sphinx before I can evolve him, but once I do he'll be my main leader. Are you on the NA server? The code you posted seems to point to a level 7 beginner account.

Anyone who wants to add me my code is 371 242 226

am_dragon

its all relative.

I have previously bought a pack of 85 stones and rolled 17 times, not only not getting a featured god - but not getting any god - RNG is RNG - people tend to post when they get something good so we see a lot of great rolls posted, most of (the majority) of crappy rolls people don't post.

RGY seems to be a decent roll - definitely nice if you used free stones.

- I think I'm joining the camp of people not going to roll anything again until the 3* have been removed
- Its easy to say that for me personally though as I have 98% of the cards I want at this point and should really just concentrate of +eggs/awakenings/skills.

I've rolled an 85 pack during a GF that was all star eggs except for 2 silver. I was so salty I quit playing for a few months.

Just to show how luck swings both ways, I saved up some stones on my, non IAP, alt account a few months ago. Over 2 GF's I rolled 3x L.Kali, D.Kali, Fuma and Sun Quan.

I have mostly quit rolling, but I'm missing a lot of key cards. Like Liu Bei, Lu Bu, Venus, Izanagi, and D.Meta. I feel like these cards would put one or more of my teams over the top. I'm using lesser versions of these cards now, so I can't complete the toughest dungeons. So for now I'll roll once or twice when those cards are up.

Adding you. I need to get a Sopdet and evo him and Sphinx before I can evolve him, but once I do he'll be my main leader. Are you on the NA server? The code you posted seems to point to a level 7 beginner account.

Anyone who wants to add me my code is 371 242 226

Sorry it's 379 038 299. Adding you now.

Jagernaut

Congrats! I am awaiting ruby tomorrow so I can level Sphinx for Bastet. All of the other mats are ready so I am excited. I have tamas as well for her to be fully awoken but alas no piis as well so her skill level will stay at 9. Even when I get some I am not sure that hers is the skill I would max out. Probably would prefer Ceres for the lower cool down and the usefulness or Parvati for that matter.

What team are you running for Bastet? I have a few ideas but I think that lei bei/verd/meimei/ and the last spot is kind of variable. Vishnu or Ceres are options as well as Parvati but I do like having a lot of orb changers.

Verdandi and Liu Bei will definitely be on my Bastet team. I don't have Perseus or Meimei who would be great subs, so I will have to use 2 of the following for the last 2 slots:

Awoken Parvati
Ultimate Vishnu
Leeza
Susano
Sasuke
Ignis Cu Chulainn

hermit7

Verdandi and Liu Bei will definitely be on my Bastet team. I don't have Perseus or Meimei who would be great subs, so I will have to use 2 of the following for the last 2 slots:

Awoken Parvati
Ultimate Vishnu
Leeza
Susano
Sasuke
Ignis Cu Chulainn

You have good options I think for whatever direction you choose. Don't overlook Susano and his damage reduction it is very useful in a pinch considering bastets low health.

yami4ct

Sorry it's 379 038 299. Adding you now.

Cool. Thanks.

I messed around with my half complete Ra team. (First evo Ra/D.Kali/Uevo L.kali/L. Kali/lvl 4 Marine Rider filler/Awoken Ra) in endless corridors to practice with him. Really surprised how powerful he is even now. Burst through everything but Zeus with no issues at all. Can't imagine how strong he's going to be with + eggs and levels actually on him and the full 2x Awoken Ra Leader. This is going to be fun.

Also, so much puzzle matching time even incomplete. I could get used to this. Haha.

EDIT:

I forgot that Sopdet and Thoth is sort of an asshole dungeon. All those HP reducing preemptives and then that big ass Ra defense. Perhaps going in with my incomplete Ra squad and having Ra's active ready to go from the get go might actually be an easier way to handle it.

cw_sasuke

Took Bestcat for a spin on a real dungeon - cleared Challenge 6 on my first try and one shot Zhao Yun before he could put up his combo shield ( not that it really matter when you play Bastet lol)

quickmemo_2015-07-13-6suzv.png
quickmemo_2015-07-13-ttuzr.png

Liu Bei alone hit for +3 million...so yeah...that team has potential. Switched Perseus for A. Parvati even though it wasnt really neccesary.

I think the perfect team would have a Muse somewhere in it but I think this team will take me places! I see lots of others run BValk but it's probably not necessary.

Hopefully this team will be capable of farming masks because I need a whole lot of both of them!

Oh yeah..Muse is great for that team as well - but still you arent far from it. Hope i get Skuld at some point as well.

Rixa

What a difference it made. Switched my Nut party to Verdandi + random green + one blue (no greenies to add at the moment). Dragons of Tower is much more faster to clear and all in all Nut's leader ability is hard to accomplish with my lowbie party.

If you have room and want one newbie (US version) to friendlist, feel free to add me :).

ID: 347,976,340

cw_sasuke

Good to see... Verdandi will take you very far, especially once you evolve units and can unlock TPA Awakenings.

razterik

Fuck Nordis and his 9 million HP right off into the fucking sunset.

Five straight runs I rolled right through that rogue dungeon with my heavily plussed A.Shiva team, only to die when a lvl 60 crew can't output a bazillion damage in one turn on the final boss. Even hit a ten combo enhanced board with three TPAs and still failed because he straight murders you below 20% instead of the usual skip turn rage mode.

These dungeons are the worst shit ever. Give me super Hera Challenge 10 preempt death hits every day of the week over this lazy design.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Rolled twice yesterday got freyr and angel. Are they good for some teams?

Your box?

Freyr can be served as a mini burst for the A.Minerva team for end game content.

For beginner, Freyr can be used as the leader for the old school mono red 242 team paired with an Ares frd, or paired with Uriel to form a tank team.

Freyr's alt evo is powerful as well if you have some fire att dragons. Frd leader choices are very flexible. You can pair with Red Guan Yu, or Freyr himself for farming; Gadius, A.Minerva, Yamato for end game content.

I feel like every team I potentially have is like one sub away from being perfect or near perfect. Only 1 L.Kali for my Ra team. No Bastet for an otherwise perfect ABastet team. No second Liu Bei for Verdandi. No Andromeda for ALakshmi, no Red Valk or Cao Cao for AShiva. It is really kind of frustrating.

Negator

Do you think A Bastet is flexible enough a leader to run a hybrid RGB team?

Since every unit would at least have subtype green, I was thinking

ABastet/Verdandi/Skuld/UY/SQ

If this is at all viable, would be interesting to try as a side project.

Fuck Nordis and his 9 million HP right off into the fucking sunset.

Five straight runs I rolled right through that rogue dungeon with my heavily plussed A.Shiva team, only to die when a lvl 60 crew can't output a bazillion damage in one turn on the final boss. Even hit a ten combo enhanced board with three TPAs and still failed because he straight murders you below 20% instead of the usual skip turn rage mode.

These dungeons are the worst shit ever. Give me super Hera Challenge 10 preempt death hits every day of the week over this lazy design.
Thought you meant that both forms had 9 mil combined; I didn't realize it was that bad. I initially thought I could get through it with Beel/Ronia even with the high cost, but I doubt I could last through that.

I think Zaerog Infinity is fair enough, but the implementation in the rest of these dungeons has been pretty terrible. Nothing really interesting about the mechanic, it's just a plus egg gate.

Do you think A Bastet is flexible enough a leader to run a hybrid RGB team?

Since every unit would at least have subtype green, I was thinking

ABastet/Verdandi/Skuld/UY/SQ

If this is at all viable, would be interesting to try as a side project.
I use Skuld for a full board change since I don't have a Verdandi, but going off-color for half the team might be pushing it, especially with no triple-prong unit and only one double prong. You might be able to get away with it with a lot of plus eggs, but I wouldn't really recommend that team.

Top Bottom