• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

smbu2000

Does anyone who plays on JP care to share his Cell team?

I have two Cell teams; Devil and Dragon.

Devil: Cell/Ronia/DD Haku/Hanzox2 and Lu Bu friend. Sometimes I will put in Pandora if I need some extra healing.

Dragon: Cell/Liu Bei/Cao Cao/Trunks/Uub and Vegito friend. This team gives me all of the colors to use.

Not related, but I just max skilled the Apocalypse on my iPhone (with the Gold Keepers). I can clear the dungeon pretty easily with my Vegito team with Grodin on there for healing. I was previously using my Vegeta team.
Need to finish off the Apocalypse on my iPad now.

Kyuur

Man, I got wrecked by 2 pys on floor 8 of Challenge 5. :( 12000 damage is tough with my Verdandi team's low RCV if I can't take them out in 2 turns. Didn't help that I arrived on the floor without max HP.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man, I got wrecked by 2 pys on floor 8 of Challenge 5. :( 12000 damage is tough with my Verdandi team's low RCV if I can't take them out in 2 turns. Didn't help that I arrived on the floor without max HP.

Im just now getting to a point where i take my Verdandi team to Challenges where Pii show up without being scared to die....i used to bring along Shiva and stall for his skill before reaching floor 6.

Had 3 of them show up earlier on one floot but managed to pull through.

hermit7

Do you think A Bastet is flexible enough a leader to run a hybrid RGB team?

Since every unit would at least have subtype green, I was thinking

ABastet/Verdandi/Skuld/UY/SQ

If this is at all viable, would be interesting to try as a side project.

The issue is half of the team is not going to get the burst from using a skill, the sub attribute will but the main will not. (I don't believe)

Spoit

Yeah, 5 is always a bit of a roll of the dice. Sometimes you get synced pys twice in a row, and eventually hit a bad roll without any heal orbs, other times, you only see like 1 py total in the whole dungeon. Just keep trying until you get lucky

cw_sasuke

Yeah, 5 is always a bit of a roll of the dice. Sometimes you get synced pys twice in a row, and eventually hit a bad roll without any heal orbs, other times, you only see like 1 py total in the whole dungeon. Just keep trying until you get lucky

It might just be me - but when i have Shiva or another unit that drop defense to 0 i never get one more than 1 Pii show up per floor. Without Shiva i get often like 2-3 show up on a given floor trying to screw up the Party....

The issue is half of the team is not going to get the burst from using a skill, the sub attribute will but the main will not. (I don't believe)
The damage boost from using a skill is part of the leader skill, so green sub attributes still get the boost for both the main and sub attributes.

Max leveled my Anubis and need one Keeper of Rainbow to evo him.

So far two straight Keeper of Gold from the PAL egg machine. :/

Do evo carnivals still occur? Hasn't been one in a while.

Kyuur

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I did manage to get through on the next run, ran into 2 again but they weren't 1st turn sync so I just focused the hell out of them. Now to decide who to use the SGD on. Maybe my Siegfried once he's uvo'd.

Been thinking of trying to put together this weird Chester team for tackling fire-heavy dungeons:

Chester/DragonOrochi/Siegfried/?/?/Chester

Unfortunately not a whole lot of TPA R/B monsters, last two could be Merlin and another one or Orochi if I ever were to get them. Probably just another Siegfried or Blast Aurora Dragon otherwise. Not sure if it's really worth it but would cover where my Verdandi performs worst!

saichi

Im just now getting to a point where i take my Verdandi team to Challenges where Pii show up without being scared to die....i used to bring along Shiva and stall for his skill before reaching floor 6.

Had 3 of them show up earlier on one floot but managed to pull through.

I got 2 on floo 7 with my healer team and I was like "this is easy with delay"... then I got 4 on floor 8. Then I really regret using that delay :(

Zero_IYAD

Done with 1, 2 more to go:

tumblr_nrfz6su17E1srgzyyo1_1280.jpg

Question: How is this better than G/D Bastet?
G/D caps at ×20.25! This one is almost the same as G/L Bastet capping at ×16 with a lil extra to Green monsters!

Zero_IYAD

I didn't understand the 2nd part actually.
If I trigger ANY skill the damage jumps to ×36 if all my teem members are Green? Or is it only when I use Bastet's skill?

I didn't understand the 2nd part actually.
If I trigger ANY skill the damage jumps to ×36 if all my teem members are Green? Or is it only when I use Bastet's skill?

Any!

That's why Diza and AIsis are some decent subs for Awoken Ra. You could potentially be getting him up to x100 nearly every turn.

I feel like every team I potentially have is like one sub away from being perfect or near perfect. Only 1 L.Kali for my Ra team. No Bastet for an otherwise perfect ABastet team. No second Liu Bei for Verdandi. No Andromeda for ALakshmi, no Red Valk or Cao Cao for AShiva. It is really kind of frustrating.

Yea I'm playing A.Ra with no Kali to fight the orb troll. Still enjoying it though.

razterik

Thought you meant that both forms had 9 mil combined; I didn't realize it was that bad. I initially thought I could get through it with Beel/Ronia even with the high cost, but I doubt I could last through that.

I think Zaerog Infinity is fair enough, but the implementation in the rest of these dungeons has been pretty terrible. Nothing really interesting about the mechanic, it's just a plus egg gate.

Not a huge fan of Zaerog inf either, but it's a little bit easier since it came first. Still annoying.

I didn't bother trying Beelzebub or Ronia because they only get to around lvl 35. Too big a stat loss without full team 297s.

Success, finally.

Negator

I use Skuld for a full board change since I don't have a Verdandi, but going off-color for half the team might be pushing it, especially with no triple-prong unit and only one double prong. You might be able to get away with it with a lot of plus eggs, but I wouldn't really recommend that team.

Bummer. Verdandi is the only REM green sub that I have for Bastet. And there's probably no way I'm going to roll on the REM for a while.

I guess I'll get her evolved just in case. Thanks for the feedback!

Jagernaut

That feel when you're in the middle of a life or death combo and someone calls your phone...

I hate when that happens, sometimes I put my phone on airplane mode when in a tricky dungeon. I wish my iPhone would just notify me of a call using a pop-up on the top of the screen (like a text) instead of taking over my phone.

Are there any good videos or picture guides that go into detail regarding combos -- not just pattern sheets but concepts? I've watched the big 30 minute one and a few TylerPAD videos but things seem poorly explained and go by very quickly, even on slo-mo. I get the basic patterns, but usually potential combos are intertwined and it's tough to know how to approach them without spending several minutes working out each move. And every video seems to have all sorts of loops and swoops that are tough to get a handle on.

Or is it just an issue of brute force memorization of every pattern (I use the cheat sheet linked in the OP) and that visualizing how everything interacts will come with time?

And what on earth are those time extender things they all use and how do I enable that permanently???

yami4ct

I really hate that Ra requires something from a double drop dungeon. It took me way too long to get him, hahaha.

Natural stamina was spent figuring out how to get a 100% clear rate on the dungeon. L.Kali/Ra/Vamp/Valk/L.kali/L.kali ended up being it. After that, I used my 3 stones and got Thoth every time. Bought a 6 pack. 2 more stones later, I finally got my Sopdet.

It was worth the 5 bucks since I haven't put anything into PAD in a couple months and now that I have Awoken Ra I definitely won't. Extra 4 stones will be useful to farm Tamas and finish this team off.

Are there any good videos or picture guides that go into detail regarding combos -- not just pattern sheets but concepts? I've watched the big 30 minute one and a few TylerPAD videos but things seem poorly explained and go by very quickly, even on slo-mo. I get the basic patterns, but usually potential combos are intertwined and it's tough to know how to approach them without spending several minutes working out each move. And every video seems to have all sorts of loops and swoops that are tough to get a handle on.

Or is it just an issue of brute force memorization of every pattern (I use the cheat sheet linked in the OP) and that visualizing how everything interacts will come with time?

And what on earth are those time extender things they all use and how do I enable that permanently???

It literally just came with time for me. At first I was terrible. Then I picked up on things like the hook. After that I started being able to see paths on the board. Now almost 2 years in and I just now am starting to see cascades. Just practice practice and more practice.

As for Time Extends. There's a few ways to get them. Some monsters have them as Awakenings and those are the main source. Awoken Ra, the Kalis, Awoken Isis, Yomi and Awoken Shiva are all popular monsters with time extend, but there are a ton of others. Click the icon with the hand + here to see all of them http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/awokenskill-list.asp.

Each awakening gives you .5 seconds, so having a Yomi will give you an extra second for instance. The other time extend thing now is the Awoken Egyptian skills. Their actives give you 3 seconds of move time when you use them.

yami4ct

Just keep at it and you'll get better. You can make teams that require very little puzzle skill, but at the end of the day being good at the puzzles will give you a massive boost in power across all your teams. It's frustrating to make mistakes that cost you dungeons (and it definitely still happens to me), but being able to solve hard boards is a reward in itself.

Wow Awoken Horus is just so strong. Cleared challenge 9 and even one shot extreme king metal dragon.

Which subs do you use? My team is just defensive and agressive but not strong enough to tackle the challenge. I don't have Red Valk and Hino is physical/Dragon only.

coy

New descended boss

Scarlet
AS: spawn 4 random fire orbs, 1cd haste
LS: atk up for linking 8+ fire orbs, up to 5xatk

also Ares uvo

edit: also Shiva Dragon, only purchaseable with MP

AS: 2cd haste
LS: 2xATK to Fire, 1/2.5/1.5 to God type
Scarlet and Ares look great. Shiva looks funky and I can't wait to hear how many MP it'll cost. Also 9* monster.

Jagernaut

New Ares is Fire/Light? Nice art. I need more info about type and awakenings. I have 3 Ares, 1 Fire/Dark max skilled and 2 that I never leveled up at all.

jay23

Ares looks bad ass can't wait to see the stats and awakenings.

So you'll be able to buy special monsters with the new point system? Interesting

Tamadra retreat on the same day I have to get around 10 keepers damn.

Yo is there any utility in having two Awoken Ras?
Awoken Ra is a great speed farm sub, similar to Rodin. Unless you already have 3 or more Rodins, multiple A.Ras are useful farmers with their 77K defense buster (can OHKO extreme fatty) and double skill boosts. Useful for dungeons such as Super Kings, King Carnival, Star Vault, Extreme Fatty, Ocean of Heaven(OHKO Neptune), etc..

FZZ

Banned
Awoken Ra is a great speed farm sub, similar to Rodin. Unless you already have 3 or more Rodins, multiple A.Ras are useful farmers with their 77K defense buster (can OHKO extreme fatty) and double skill boosts. Useful for dungeons such as Super Kings, King Carnival, Star Vault, Extreme Fatty, Ocean of Heaven(OHKO Neptune), etc..

!!!

Completely forgot about that. Thank you!

yami4ct

New Descend boss actually looks pretty decent. Probably one of the better ones we've seen in a little while.

Ares getting a new Uevo makes me want a Ares, but that's not a new phenomena.

Shiva Dragon looks cool I guess. Not sure how much utility a 2x haste has. Quality depends heavily on his awakenings. Also, not sure if I like or hate the idea of buying monsters with MP.

New Descend boss actually looks pretty decent. Probably one of the better ones we've seen in a little while.

Ares getting a new Uevo makes me want a Ares, but that's not a new phenomena.

Shiva Dragon looks cool I guess. Not sure how much utility a 2x hate has. Quality depends heavily on his awakenings. Also, not sure if I like or hate the idea of buying monsters with MP.
Shiva Dragon/Shiva Dragon/Shiva Dragon/Shiva Dragon/A.Haku/Shiva Dragon system team obviously

razterik

Shiva Dragon is pretty broken, wow. MP system isn't even out yet and they're already wrecking game balance.

So we going to see increased stone handouts or decreased REM costs first? Now we gotta roll REM just to sell things back to buy the fancy new shit.

Scarlet looks great, but she's overshadowed immediately.

FZZ

Banned
I'm actually more excited about 9 star monsters.

I'm am just trying to imagine an ult of Lkali's or Dkali's ult

yami4ct

Shiva Dragon/Shiva Dragon/Shiva Dragon/Shiva Dragon/A.Haku/Shiva Dragon system team obviously

Shiva Dragon system teams. Look, I can always activate my active that let's me activate my active.

I totally feel like an idiot missing the awakenings. 2 Rows and 2 TPAs and 2 Skill Boost is really nice. Awoken Shiva teams will have fun with him just for those awakenings.

cw_sasuke

Ares looks bad ass can't wait to see the stats and awakenings.

So you'll be able to buy special monsters with the new point system? Interesting

Tamadra retreat on the same day I have to get around 10 keepers damn.

Heh same here - the next days i have to stock up on some evo materials. So many evolutions lately...

Top Bottom