• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Rixa

I met my limit in Challenge Dungeon :D. Could clear first 3 stages. Tried few hours ago that 4th (40 stamina), 2nd fight I was killed in one round :). Ok no more challenge for me before my party is good enough.

Anyways from 3th challenge I got Super King Gold Dragon. As in the link it says you better to keep it for Light unit (x1.5 xp).

My question is, are the challenge awards same for everyone or are they random? Shall I keep the SKGD in inventory for light units, or has there been some change after those comments which are from one year ago?

My question is, are the challenge awards same for everyone or are they random? Shall I keep the SKGD in inventory for light units, or has there been some change after those comments which are from one year ago?
It's the same for everyone. Different sets of challenge dungeons may have different rewards. Looks like level 3 is almost always a Super King Gold though.

Same color feeds get the 1.5x exp boost so for high exp units like super kings, it's almost always worth saving for same color units.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Challenge 7 cleared on my first try - sweet !!!

I love when Medjedra puts GZL in charge - this happens like 99% of the time with my Verdandi team....sweet.
Didnt had my GZL active ready otherwise i would have killed him in one turm. But the active was ready on turn 2 so i only had make sure to get enough combos.

quickmemo_2015-07-14-9epmv.png
quickmemo_2015-07-14-b7rr5.png
quickmemo_2015-07-14-wprxm.png

LVL 8 is outta my range for now it seems - dont know how to deal with all the binds. Can A. Bastet clear that stage ? I dont have Ceres for Binds but i evolved Earth Dragon Knights recently. Maybe i will give it a shot one i leveled A. Bastet and the Knight.

The rewards are the same for everyone. Normally, if you have enough space you try to keep the better exp materials for matching units - so if you have any Light units you might wanna use it on later its better save it up. But especially at the beginning if you wanna progress faster i would just use them on your main units/leader. You seem to be already invested in Wood units - so i would use it on Verdandi once you have enough team points to have her 6* version in your team.

zoku88

Heh same here - the next days i have to stock up on some evo materials. So many evolutions lately...

Yea, I really messed up this evo round. I realized too late Friday that I needed two Dub-rubylits.

Unfortunately, I tried farming for one today with no luck...

That 550 attack power drop from changing to physical, damn Ares. Also getting kicked out of the double shade club for more rows.

2D4QvbJ.png

I'm excited for more rows.

Red row rising.

yami4ct

Triple row Ares, nice. Triple TPA Artemis incoming...

Yes please. That means I can make a Bastet team with Ulti Vishnu Liu Bei and 3 TPA Artemis. Those delicious green TPAs.

Please don't give Artemis rows instead of TPAs. GungHo
They're totally going to do that

cw_sasuke

UUU Artemis with Attacker subtype would be a dream coming true...but i dont know if they will go this far since Wood already has Liu Bei and Vishnu - but i would love it.

GZL is supposed to be the king of green attackers and he is getting outperformed by others now - hope he gets an UEVO. 3rd TPA and unbindable would be amazing heh....

Yea, I really messed up this evo round. I realized too late Friday that I needed two Dub-rubylits.

I forgot that i needed evo materials for the Awoken units as well xD

yami4ct

UUU Artemis with Attacker subtype would be a dream coming true...but i dont know if they will go this far since Wood already has Liu Bei and Vishnu - but i would love it.

GZL is supposed to be the king of green attackers and he is getting outperformed by others now - hope he gets an UEVO. 3rd TPA and unbindable would be amazing heh....

She's totally going to get a typing change and attacker seems like the best bet. The question is are they going to give green another 3 TPA card. I want to say no, but isn't Green the only one with 2 currently? Given that, maybe GungHo wants to subsidize the fact that most green cards seem pretty iffy on stats. So, it's possible. Maybe they give Ult 2 Artemis 2 TPAs and save a 3 version for when they Awoken her.

Rixa

^^ Thanks for the answers. Since I dont have much room to spare Ill use the King when I have something else with it to enhance (got 1 dark Pengdra, need 1 dragon seed for evo).

Same, Vesta Cave wasn't kind to me today. I'm hoping I get lucky with the alt tech dungeon tomorrow. I finally picked up a divine dark mask for Thoth - just need some dub rubies for my Sphinxes...

razterik

300k MP for Shiva Dragon.

Hahahaha, okay. Let me sell half my box!

The distance between super duper whales and everyone else is getting really really big. Like are we even playing the same game anymore. Maybe we should split into PAD normal and PAD premium.

300k MP for Shiva Dragon.

Hahahaha, okay. Let me sell half my box!

The distance between super duper whales and everyone else is getting really really big. Like are we even playing the same game anymore. Maybe we should split into PAD normal and PAD premium.
That's only 60,000 biweekly dragons! :lol

Maybe they'll tweak the pricing with enough outrage.

Rixa

How hard is the "Keeper of the Rainbow - Master" Where you can obtain Keeper of Rainbow

Not sure if I can beat that dungeon, what friend I should look for the dungeon? Got few high Gafers as friend. It takes some hours to get STA for the dungeon tho. Just clearead Wood expert and got that Keeper of the Green.

My team:

razterik

Sure, they'll tweak the pricing...

Upwards!

Jewels now 10k, same as mini awakenings, ha.

Piis now 50k!

And Dark Kali sells for more than Rodin, despite being the same rarity?

What are you doing, GungHo.

And farm late bloomer dragons now, I guess. They are getting removed as drops for whatever reason. REM exclusive? Maybe buffs coming.

cw_sasuke

Rixa,

it might take a bit longer but you should be able to clear the stage if you team up with Grodin (unless im missing something).

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1423

Let me know if you need him and i will put him up.

She's totally going to get a typing change and attacker seems like the best bet. The question is are they going to give green another 3 TPA card. I want to say no, but isn't Green the only one with 2 currently? Given that, maybe GungHo wants to subsidize the fact that most green cards seem pretty iffy on stats. So, it's possible. Maybe they give Ult 2 Artemis 2 TPAs and save a 3 version for when they Awoken her.

Yeah that sounds more likely i think they will go for 2 TPAs first - cant wait to try her again she was part of my initial GZL team.

Rixa

Rixa,

it might take a bit longer but you should be able to clear the stage if you team up with Grodin (unless im missing something).

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1423

Let me know if you need him and i will put him up.
If you can add it to your leader in 1 hour time. I got now 20 STA and I need 10 more. Dunno exact time when I try that dungeon (I think, I try it about 2h from this post). Ill inform here with new post when my try has been finished.

cw_sasuke

If you can add it to your leader in 1 hour time. I got now 20 STA and I need 10 more. Dunno exact time when I try that dungeon (I think, I try it about 2h from this post). Ill inform here with new post when my try has been finished.

Ok sure - i just put him up...no need to rush it.

Whitelines

Neo Member
I have two Cell teams; Devil and Dragon.

Devil: Cell/Ronia/DD Haku/Hanzox2 and Lu Bu friend. Sometimes I will put in Pandora if I need some extra healing.

Dragon: Cell/Liu Bei/Cao Cao/Trunks/Uub and Vegito friend. This team gives me all of the colors to use.

Not related, but I just max skilled the Apocalypse on my iPhone (with the Gold Keepers). I can clear the dungeon pretty easily with my Vegito team with Grodin on there for healing. I was previously using my Vegeta team.
Need to finish off the Apocalypse on my iPad now.

Isn't that a weird devil team? (2x Hanzo)

cw_sasuke

Cool.

Yeah Friday dungeon will be rougher because the synced enemies in a low Turner CA screwed you up. But you should be able to clear it as with a Zombie team. If paired up with Odin just make sure you don't get twice a round focus your attacks accordingly.

Rixa

Cool.

Yeah Friday dungeon will be rougher because the synced enemies in a low Turner CA screwed you up. But you should be able to clear it as with a Zombie team. If paired up with Odin just make sure you don't get twice a round focus your attacks accordingly.

^^ Never tried Zombie team before, so I watched 1 youtube video about it and made some team. Is this ok with friend Odin? Shall I farm something beside masks and do I max level ogre?

J0dy77

I had to wait until this morning to Evo Ra, need a red keeper. Still need one more dub-top to evo Horus.

Gave the power of the sun God a test drive with challenge 7 and 8 with a less than ideal team. Crushed it. Praise the Sun!! So strong.

Question about how Ra and Horus active skill multiplier works? If I use Ra to one shot a High defense card and then go into the next round, does the bonus damage multiplier stay active? Because I think I saw the time to move bonus drop off. Wanted to be clear on that. They should really show a multiplier so you know it is active.

J0dy77

^^ Never tried Zombie team before, so I watched 1 youtube video about it and made some team. Is this ok with friend Odin? Shall I farm something beside masks and do I max level ogre?

The only difference would be the time it takes to bring the boss down and can you survive to get to him. Autoheal and resolve makes it so you can't die. You just have to grind with a zombie team.

I had to wait until this morning to Evo Ra, need a red keeper. Still need one more dub-top to evo Horus.

Gave the power of the sun God a test drive with challenge 7 and 8 with a less than ideal team. Crushed it. Praise the Sun!! So strong.

Question about how Ra and Horus active skill multiplier works? If I use Ra to one shot a High defense card and then go into the next round, does the bonus damage multiplier stay active? Because I think I saw the time to move bonus drop off. Wanted to be clear on that. They should really show a multiplier so you know it is active.
It carries over, but a pre-emptive will make it drop off. That's probably what you saw.

Kyuur

Here's the team I'm going to be attempting Medjedra (Legend) with tomorrow:

Chester for the 100% skill lock resist, I don't feel like wasting 50 stamina only to get binded as I don't see any place for me to relax and let those 99 turns pass.

My main concerns are floor 3 (I should be able to ohko the masks with a decent TPA, but that lazer hurts) and Med's leader switch (Chester or King Woodsie could kill me depending on skills used / remaining HP).

For Friday, your attack stats don't matter, so ideally everything should as low HP as possible to make it easier to heal up. For friend leader you can use anything with a decent amount of autoheal (either via leader skill or awakenings) with preferably the same color as your ogre/subs and a subtype.

So we're just skipping unconditional 4x (not counting DIza) and 4.5x and moving straight to 5? That's kind of absurd.

Considering that her skill is 8+ orbs, I wouldn't really call it 'unconditional'. Unless you're already at the point where you have a ton of max skilled orb changers you're not going to have the multiplier every turn or even every other turn.

Considering that her skill is 8+ orbs, I wouldn't really call it 'unconditional'. Unless you're already at the point where you have a ton of max skilled orb changers you're not going to have the multiplier every turn or even every other turn.
You're not thinking of the same lead he is. Scarlet is the one who activates with 8+ orbs. Shiva Dragon gives a constant, passive 5x multiplier to Fire Gods.

I have to wait till Friday for Awoken Bastet :(. I guess that's the downside to my rank 360, 325 box space lifestyle. Will definitely try her out on any challenge stages I have left over.

It bothers me that there is no indicator on screen about this boost. Have they fixed that in the JP version?

Okay. Ra is ridiculous. Never breezed through Challenge dungeons so easily before. Sonia Gran is the only thing that wasn't 1-shotted following a skill activation. Only minor tweaks for 9 and 10 due to cheesy dungeon mechanics. Replaced an LKali with Echidna to get around Zaerog's light absorb and replaced LKali and Chrono Turtle with LMeta and Kushi for Hera's preemptive.

Here's my standard team until Awoken Isis replaces the turtle. All max-skill except for turtle. Also been keeping second LKali unuvo'd for no-dupe dungeons. But I may just run this team with a friend Horus instead for that purpose.

ld4NRkG.jpg

razterik

Okay. Ra is ridiculous. Never breezed through Challenge dungeons so easily before. Sonia Gran is the only thing that wasn't 1-shotted following a skill activation. Only minor tweaks for 9 and 10 due to cheesy dungeon mechanics. Replaced an LKali with Echidna to get around Zaerog's light absorb and replaced LKali and Chrono Turtle with LMeta and Kushi for Hera's preemptive.

Here's my standard team until Awoken Isis replaces the turtle. All max-skill except for turtle. Also been keeping second LKali unuvo'd for no-dupe dungeons. But I may just run this team with a friend Horus instead for that purpose.

Enjoy it while it lasts. NA is something like three Challenge dungeons behind compared to JP when they got Awoken Ra. Once we catch up, nearly every single one has either first floor Hera preempt or back-to-back Zeus Dios and Hera preempts, which are quite difficult for this team without specific hypermax builds.

Also, no Sun Quan? Sad turtle is sad.

Evolved Odin to Awoken Odin and fully awakened him. Also evolved Perseus to his next form.

Feels good man. Need to collect more mats now, but I can finally take on Keeper of Rainbow dungeon to farm KoR.

Team cost is becoming an issue again, unfortunately.

J0dy77

ld4NRkG.jpg

Is be set if I just had light kali. I'm running dark kali, sun quan, dark Izanagi, and kushinada. Far from ideal and orb troll is still going to be a problem.

Jagernaut

Fire/Light Ares stats are pretty good, +800 hp, -550 atk, +80 rcv. Great for Yamato and Goemon teams. Also, regular Ares and F/L Ares have the first blind awakening changed to a 2 prong. If F/D Ares doesn't get that change, F/L is also better for Krishna since the 2 prong makes up for the lower atk. Only attacker teams lose out on the new Ares.

jay23

It's one of those pad days for me today where nothing goes right, wasted 100 stamina on Tuesday mythical playing like a dumbass.

Is be set if I just had light kali. I'm running dark kali, sun quan, dark Izanagi, and kushinada. Far from ideal and orb troll is still going to be a problem.

Is dark Izanagi the ideal d.Kali replacement?

I have one l.Kali so I plan on using

ra/l.kali/d.izanagi/sun quan/??/ra

Okamid3n

Does Awoken Shiva have anything on the Shiva Dragon? Shiva Dragon just seems better in every single way.

Whale power!

Edit : I guess Awoken Shiva is easier to stall with since you can control your multiplier. And a bit more flexible since you can use non-gods.

Okay yeah, Awoken Shiva still has his place. ;_;

zoku88

Fire/Light Ares stats are pretty good, +800 hp, -550 atk, +80 rcv. Great for Yamato and Goemon teams. Also, regular Ares and F/L Ares have the first blind awakening changed to a 2 prong. If F/D Ares doesn't get that change, F/L is also better for Krishna since the 2 prong makes up for the lower atk. Only attacker teams lose out on the new Ares.
I think fire dark does get that change

Does Awoken Shiva have anything on the Shiva Dragon? Shiva Dragon just seems better in every single way.

Whale power!

Edit : I guess Awoken Shiva is easier to stall with since you can control your multiplier. And a bit more flexible since you can use non-gods.

Okay yeah, Awoken Shiva still has his place. ;_;
This is particularly relavent since awoken uvos are taking away pretty much everybody's god typing. So Minerva, Leilan, Kagu, and Shiva (all of whose awoken uvos would be excellent subs) wouldn't really fit.

J0dy77

Is dark Izanagi the ideal d.Kali replacement?

I have one l.Kali so I plan on using

ra/l.kali/d.izanagi/sun quan/??/ra

I'm not sure I would call it ideal since the Kalis are way above and beyond all other subs for Ra. However she's a great fit even if she's distant second. I made it a point to max skill mine when the dark bowl dungeon was around, knowing how important she would be on these teams. Being able to have 35% defense for 3 turns on a 6 turn CD will save me some wipes.

Oh my god finally! This has been annoying me for 2.5 years!

What are they showing in that pic?

scottnak

I'm not sure I would call it ideal since the Kalis are way above and beyond all other subs for Ra. However she's a great fit even if she's distant second. I made it a point to max skill mine when the dark bowl dungeon was around, knowing how important she would be on these teams. Being able to have 35% defense for 3 turns on a 6 turn CD will save me some wipes.

What are they showing in that pic?

In the first image it will treat that "W Link" as 1 combo, even though the orb highlighted in red won't disappear.
Now it will properly detect that as 2 separate combos (with that orb highlighted in red still not disappearing).

Top Bottom