• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cleared Legendary Earth for the first time, don't know what I was waiting for actually.. Really easy. That's all normal stages cleared for now.... Need to finish Technical stages next before they add the ridiculous difficult ones lol.

Given how often things change, it doesn't seem the smartest idea to sacrifice gods like DQ and U&Y (unless you have dupes, I guess)

But that's just my opinion.
I agree in general, but if focusing on a specific team type let's me clear content I'm all for it. Who knows if I will still be playing PaD a couple months from now.

Then again I have 3 U&Y dupes and one one of them is max lvl/max skilled so I knew that I can get back if I want to.

I have been playing the game for less than a year so I'm not sure how fast or drastic the meta changes will be. Betting on green seems the best for me, especially if units like Verdandi or GZL get Uevos down the line.

Given how often things change, it doesn't seem the smartest idea to sacrifice gods like DQ and U&Y (unless you have dupes, I guess)

But that's just my opinion.
Yeah my lack of dupe is all that's holding me back. But I haven't used DQ in so long that it's really tempting. It hurts seeing 210 +eggs go to waste like that.

Jonsoncao

Banned
First time zero-stone attempt on Lv10:
p2M8IIJ.png

Made through Floor 3 with quite a bit luck, for I wasted 2 Ronias on Floor 2 due to malfunction of my su-pen...oh well.

Floor 4 and 5 are the relatively "easy" ones. You just need average 7-8 combos with three heart orbs to recover 20k, and you can normally tank 1 hit without recovering on that turn.

Once I made to the boss floor, I got excited and made the wrong call...

Lesson learned...finally after 10 painful tries, first time clear of the challenge dungeon using only Beelz x Ronia team.

xvVsjG2.png

PZVdCau.png

This reddit thread inspired me to do this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/3dnelt/dungeon_sonia_in_challenge_level_810/

Lv 6,7,9 team I used was the old faithful Beelz x Ronia team with DJ replaced by Zuoh or another hypermaxed Ronia. The team has 50k hp and 7k rcv.
For 8 like in the reddit thread the OP said you can do with another Echidna.

Last, my take on Hermit7's confusion that whether he should focus on plus eggs: it is always beneficial to invest stones on plus eggs than pulling new shinning monsters, especially when your stamina is over 150 (i.e. 8 plus eggs on avg doing Star Vault per stone).

Zero_IYAD

tumblr_nrp7gj1LPg1srgzyyo1_540.jpg

Only missing a yellow orb to Awaken Ra.

Question: Does Horus & Ra's leader skill cover sub types or only the main type of the monsters put in their team?

Finally leveled up enough to put Verdandi as my leader but I can't have a full party of greens yet. I have the 2nd evolutions of the starter bulbasaur thing and the slime as well as an "Earth Fighter", but what super early game party members should I be looking out for?

I tried the Friday dungeon to see if I could get one of the fat dub things but... it didn't end well. For the moment I'm just doing the "Dragons of the Tower" in Tower of the Giants over and over and over and over and feeding all my drops to my party members. coy's Verdandi lets me one-shot everything, it's great.

Is there anything else I should be focusing on?

Zero_IYAD

You mean when you use an active skill? It covers all team devil and good team members, yes.
No, the leader skill.
If I put a monster who is Balanced/Devil or Attacker/God, will it count as a Devil or a God & benefit from the extra boost when a skill is used?

zoku88

So,I beat endless for the first time using this mostly sucky team.

Awoken Ra - DKali - Athena - Lmeta - Yomi

I underestimated his strength. I beat Zeus with a pretty crappy board. It used Yomi but was pretty much only able to get one combo per colour, except for hearts and dark, and one hit him anyway.

I think I need to practice with him some more :)

razterik

Subtypes didn't count for dungeon restrictions until recently. They have always counted for leader and active skills as far as I can recall.

A.Isis defense

I suppose I wanted her to be good outside of "Ra sub"? I'm only about 50% serious in my dismissal of her value. She is on my Ra teams after all. Still sad about how she could have fixed blue teams for NA.

The heal and shield issues are broken game mechanics leftover from before they decided to make active skill use a condition for leader skills. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to use almost any active skill at will, even if there's no tangible gain. But given how they never managed to solve that problem for enhances, I have little hope that they will ever fix it for anything else.

smbu2000

Finally finished up my Liu Bei. Now I need to work on my Hino Kagu to finish off my standard Vegito team. Vegito, Trunks, Vegeta and now Liu Bei are all Hyper.

For Hino Kagu I need plus eggs as well as 2 more skill levels. (where are my flampys, Gung Ho!) Been running coin dungeons now, but no appearances from flampys.
Thanks man,

yeah this was my first Rush attempt, glad that it worked out in my favor. Didnt think i was ready but i knew trying to get Gaia in her dungeon would me cost much stamina and/or stones as well and no one was replying to my Challenge Stage 9 question so i figured i will just give it a go and burn so stamina.

3 Liu Bei would probably too much considering how hard only one of them hit and his active can make it difficult to get those high combos. I mean just look at my team...Liu Bei was the only hard hitter and it was enough for the stage.

Will add Awoken Meimei and UEVO Vischnu for 2ndVerdandi and Perseus once we get them in the US version...at least that my current goal.

btw. These invades are scary - i always see them on the PaDGuide dungeon description ...how rare are they ? Must suck for beginners to try their first Mythical only for one of them to show up. Dont know what to think of them...even though they are cool units.
Yeah, they are tough. I'm not sure how rare they are. Yesterday I ran Satan like 8 or 9 times and I got nothing. On my iPad I ran it like 2 times and I got one invade...

For beginners, luckily they only appear during events, so if you want to make sure to avoid them then try Mythical dungeons outside of events.

The good thing about them is that you don't need to evo them. If you feed them to each other then you can get their awakenings without having to use tamadras.

Rixa

This game offers nice surprises for me :). Havent really looked what different rranks offer, so far suprise have been:

- Snow globe dragon present
- More leaders to choose from
- Best friend (most important thing so far), if Iam not wrong it was added few months ago (early June?)
- Latest surprise was Team Challenge
-> More gems to buy more slots and to save for Godfest
--> Now at 110 slots and 17 gems, aiming atleast 25 gems before next GFest
---> Expecting more trollpulls from GF :). Atleast slot increases are good way to spend gems.

Is the next Godfest when month changes (about 2 weeks from now)?
What "surprises" I can wait from higher ranks?

Quantum

0/7 Persephone

I think I've gotten a whopping two skillups all event out of some 25 feeds across different monsters. 2.5x is a scam.

generally being the first to complain about this, but I have to disagree - I skilled a chibi chiyome in 3 days worth of stamina - previously unheard of for me.

RNG=RNG

(although I really think the skill up rate for each mob is different. I've had great luck with chiyome but shitty luck with almost everything else during this "2.5x")

lol they accidentally had duel masters cards come out of HxH gacha so they've temporarily supended all egg machine rolls in JP

more free stones for JPN - makes sense.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Because i will get Awoken Hades soon i thought i should give Ch Stage 9 a try...to attempts and both times i messed it up on floor one haha. I sometimes get too nervous on those tough stages....especially when i know that the first move has to count if i wanna have a chance to survive against the rest with the actives i have.

Maybe i will try once more before the event starts...Blackpy would be great for Awoken Hades.

Padx showing evo carnival in 4 days finally time to use up all my pal points.

Thats great....would be even greater if i hadnt just used my FP in the PEM. I really need to wait till the events ends before is drop my points xD

Still need one extra green Jewel for Awoken Meimei.
Finally finished up my Liu Bei. Now I need to work on my Hino Kagu to finish off my standard Vegito team. Vegito, Trunks, Vegeta and now Liu Bei are all Hyper.

For Hino Kagu I need plus eggs as well as 2 more skill levels. (where are my flampys, Gung Ho!) Been running coin dungeons now, but no appearances from flampys.

Yeah, they are tough. I'm not sure how rare they are. Yesterday I ran Satan like 8 or 9 times and I got nothing. On my iPad I ran it like 2 times and I got one invade...

For beginners, luckily they only appear during events, so if you want to make sure to avoid them then try Mythical dungeons outside of events.

The good thing about them is that you don't need to evo them. If you feed them to each other then you can get their awakenings without having to use tamadras.

Congrats on Hypermax Liu Bei - i hope we get the 3x normals event soon as well.
Yeah attempting Mythical outside of events seems to be the safer route...even now with the Chinese Gods invades, Lets see when we get them here.

generally being the first to complain about this, but I have to disagree - I skilled a chibi chiyome in 3 days worth of stamina - previously unheard of for me.

RNG=RNG

(although I really think the skill up rate for each mob is different. I've had great luck with chiyome but shitty luck with almost everything else during this "2.5x")
Perhaps but I've had awful "luck" the last few godfests too so I'm starting to become as bitter as you :lol.

Let's see:

brachys 1/1
gzl 0/1
uriel 0/4
andromeda 0/1
isis 0/1
sonia gran 0/1
bully gigas 0/3
ares 0/4
kamui 1/1
artemis 0/2
earth dragon knight 0/2
persephone 0/7

works out to 2/28 this event, a bit worse than I thought.

Rixa

I got my first "real" 5* drop (yeah its a dragon :p) from dungeon (wasnt expecting anything major to drop). 25 STA Shinrabansho 1 dungeon dropped this dragon. Shall I leave it to inventory or is it good enough to level & evolve eventually?

Atleast picture is nice :)

yami4ct

Awoken my Ra yesterday. Went in to Challenge level 8 to get the Flampy for an eventual A.Hino. With a bit of pre-planning to know where I could afford extra charges, I absolutely destroyed it.

Then went to 7 to get a Bubpy for A. Isis. Definitely a harder floor. I basically am left with zero room for error. Did manage to survive until my A.Ra switched back and get a big burst in. Sadly, he was left with like 10% of his HP and destroyed me. I was upset by this until I saw Mejedra has 5 million HP. Holy crap Awoken Ra is powerful. I almost burst 5 mil with a level 40 A.Ra, 17 D. Kali, 80 Uevo L.Kali, 80 Evo L. Kali, 5 Marine Rider and +297 A Ra. That isn't even close to a finished ideal squad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks for all of the responses and advice, guys.

Are you going to spend money? are you trying to have a non-REM account?

If you are going to continue down the non-IAP road you do not have a lot of options.

from what you have shown you could work towards a A. Horus team, but still I see one glaring problem.

- you have way too much discipline - you have to roll more frequently in the REM, specifically during the god-fests.
- 450 box space at rank 82 is overkill, you have enough room right now given your potential teams.
- certainly team rank is important, but only if you have a team worth working towards.
- ADK teams were the rage about 600 days ago so it makes sense that no one runs them anymore.
- awakenings and skill ups are in integral part of the later game, but with leaders and subs that you intend on crafting into teams to run harder content.

TLDR: if you are going to spend money in the game you are set up with space and your rank needs some work, but I don't see many end game options unless you start pulling in the REM
if you are not going to spend any money in the game, consider re-rolling during a godfest and re-prioritizing your first few rolls - roll in the REM and look for a few strong leaders to finish the mid and late game content and concentrate less on expanding your box.
I'm not gonna spend money on IAP, and I don't have a problem using stones on the REM but all the beginners guides tell me not to use them for anything but monster box space until the late game. Hmm, you're basically confirming my fears that basically I'm mostly at the mercy of the REM for progress now. Haven't expanded my box in a while, I definitely have a ton of junk and I know that, but that's mostly because it was hard to research whether any of this stuff might be worth a damn later (like low level ogres), but then again that stuff is not hard to reacquire.

So you just need to feed one Tamadra into your ADK and he will get a new awaken called 'Two-Pronged Attack' which boosts damage and makes him attack 2 enemies instead of 1 when matching four orbs instead of 3. You can see all the awakenings in order (top to bottom) when in the top right of the monster portrait grayed out until you use Tamas.

Alternatively, you can feed another ADK into your ADK to activate it. But they're giving out Tamas like candy right now and you probably can't farm another one with the dungeon gone, so go nuts!
Thanks, might as well do this as I'm doing nothing else with those Tamadras right now.

Say I use some Tamadras on my Falcon Horus to awaken it, will those awakened skills go away if I then evolve that into Awoken Horus? Or will they at least transfer x amount of awoken skills for Falcon Horus into Awoken Horus after I evolve it without having me to start from scratch?

Get that Horus evolved at the very least. He is your best monster and the one you should probably lead with most of the time. He has synergy with many endgame leaders and with Awoken Horus now a thing many players (me included, hit up 359535296) are running him. It'll also give you a sink for some of those tama you have (leave mail with tama in it unopened do you can conserve box space).

But yeah you should really be rolling more in the REM during a godfest, and your box really needs cleaning if it's that full at rank 82.
So it's worth me throwing away my only Keeper of the Rainbow for evolving Horus? I feel like he's an asset on a lot of my teams right now because of high health + defense lowering skill and decent attack at that. I have everything I need to evolve him, I just haven't.

For Ocean of Heaven use your Horus as the lead with another Horus/similar combo lead and bring your Dragon Knight as a sub. Make sure your other subs are all different colors so that you can easily activate his leader skill (you need to match 4 different colors and team members of those same colors for x4 attack). When you get to Neptune you want to match 4 colors but you also want to match as much green as possible. If you do a good enough combo, you will break his defense and kill him. If you want extra insurance, bring your light machine golem. He has defense break, which will reduce Neptune's defenses, making it even easier for you to kill him.

Continue working on your Horus. Ideally you will want to evolve him to Awoken Horus. The other forms are ok too (and may be easier for you to get right now) but this form has the greatest potential and will help you clear the most content. For Horus, the best subs for him are heart orb changers, time delay, and shield. Many of these subs can be farmed from the normal dungeons and others. You have Gigas who is a good start, but you'll probably want to get Valkyrie, Vampire, Siegfried, and Highlander. The easiest to obtain time delay is Echidna, get her and work on skilling her up ASAP (you can use the Ancient Blue mask in the mean time). For defense the fire, water, and earth Golems are the easiest to obtain and skill up.

Another farmable sub you'll probably want is Lilith who can poison enemies and will make it MUCH easier for you to farm things until you get someone with a skill like Solar Lazer.

Also as others have mentioned, don't spend another stone on box space until you are at least rank 150+ and start saving stones you get for Godfests/special event machines.
Go work on Horus like everyone else said. It is nice that you save all the tamadras. And more importantly the massive box space is gonna be your best friend for the "Pengdra cycle" (farming pengdras, and dragon plants, then use the trash mobs to level Pengdra up then evo them to get tons of exp for same attributes monsters).

Ocean of Heaven can be done by something similar to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-wrY1w_52A

Echidna is your friend, go farm one. The best place right now would be the red Sky dragon dungeon in normal. With a Kali friend, you Horus is gonna shine.
A lot of good tips here. Wait, how did you know I had an Ancient Blue Mask?! lol Sounds I need to start learning about skilling up D;

linsivvi

Hmm, you're basically confirming my fears that basically I'm mostly at the mercy of the REM for progress now.

Nah you are not. Horus could clear most of the contents up to until about a year ago and its latest form once again puts it near the top of the list. Even with a bunch of decent farmable subs you will go very, very far.

In other words, you're good, but it never hurts to roll a couple times when there's a good Godfest lineup.

Thanks for all of the responses and advice, guys.

I'm not gonna spend money on IAP, and I don't have a problem using stones on the REM but all the beginners guides tell me not to use them for anything but monster box space until the late game. Hmm, you're basically confirming my fears that basically I'm mostly at the mercy of the REM for progress now. Haven't expanded my box in a while, I definitely have a ton of junk and I know that, but that's mostly because it was hard to research whether any of this stuff might be worth a damn later (like low level ogres), but then again that stuff is not hard to reacquire.

Thanks, might as well do this as I'm doing nothing else with those Tamadras right now.

Say I use some Tamadras on my Falcon Horus to awaken it, will those awakened skills go away if I then evolve that into Awoken Horus? Or will they at least transfer x amount of awoken skills for Falcon Horus into Awoken Horus after I evolve it without having me to start from scratch?

So it's worth me throwing away my only Keeper of the Rainbow for evolving Horus? I feel like he's an asset on a lot of my teams right now because of high health + defense lowering skill and decent attack at that. I have everything I need to evolve him, I just haven't.

A lot of good tips here. Wait, how did you know I had an Ancient Blue Mask?! lol Sounds I need to start learning about skilling up D;

Horus and farmable subs alone mean you can tackle a lot of content. Rolling the REM right now primarily serves the purpose of increasing the depth and variety of your box.

As long as the monster has awakenings to unlock, they will transfer over to all ultimate evolutions. You can even pre-feed Flame Falcon Deity Horus 9 tamadras and when you turn him into Awoken Horus he'll be fully awakened.

Go ahead and use Keeper of Rainbow, the extra stats for Horus are worth it, and you can easily get another KoR with a few gimmick teams. Here's two degenerate examples demonstrating the builds:
The idea is to combine monsters with strong auto-heal (Amaterasu, Green Odin) with either "zombie" monsters (evolved Ogres) that let you survive otherwise fatal attacks or extreme damage reduction monsters (Green Odin).

Negator

Awww yes! Evolved all these baby tamas thanks to the gold dragon dungeon, got SQ and Nut all of their awakenings, and finished Challenge Dungeon 5!

Now I can use this globe dragon on one of my blue monsters. Not sure which I should use it on yet.

Now I can focus on top 8 Marvel lol.

Quantum

Perhaps but I've had awful "luck" the last few godfests too so I'm starting to become as bitter as you :lol.

Let's see:
works out to 2/28 this event, a bit worse than I thought.

- that sucks, definitely have felt your pain.
- I'm still playing so I can't be that bitter, I see myself as just complaining A LOT.
- MMORPG mechanics suck, but they work like a skinner box, the game has replaced some of the games I previously subscribed to.

Hmm, you're basically confirming my fears that basically I'm mostly at the mercy of the REM for progress now.

- we are all at the mercy of the REM.

I ran the coin dungeon today - the first 200 stamina run at Alt. Satan went well using beelz/CDD/haku/pand/lubu/ronia, ranked up and then second round (hour) just completely sucked - I failed like three times in a row due to multiple high metal dragons in a row.
- I really need to put a more dependable team together, the exp is really good.

linsivvi

I ran the coin dungeon today - the first 200 stamina run at Alt. Satan went well using beelz/CDD/haku/pand/lubu/ronia, ranked up and then second round (hour) just completely sucked - I failed like three times in a row due to multiple high metal dragons in a row.
- I really need to put a more dependable team together, the exp is really good.

Just replace CDD or Pandora with Echidna. Won't hurt the power a bit but will save you when you are in trouble.

J0dy77

Yup this! I'm very sure this is something new to the game!
I remember asking this a year ago & the answer was no..
Good thing sub types now count.

Thanks for all the answers : )

Combo leaders have never been impacted by sub type. The 16x or 25x always works for all. The active skills are new and impact just the subtypes mentioned.

smbu2000

Oh, well I decided to pull on the Hunter x Hunter collab REM (after they fixed it!) and well I pulled 3 silvers on my iPad.

I pulled twice on my iPhone and...
Gold! the recently added, Kite! yay!
His active skill changes the board to Fire/Wood/Light/Dark/Hearts (basically everything except Water) and reduces everybody else's cooldown by 1 turn. (starts at 15 turns/max skilled at 11 turns)

His leader skill is 4x attack when connecting any 4 colors (including hearts) and when you match 5 orbs with at least 1 enhanced orb that gives that attribute 2x attack.

He has a lot of awakenings as well. 2x skill bind resist, 1 time extend, 1 skill boost, 5x orb enhance (one of each color).

He seems pretty good. I just wish his active skill made water instead of wood, so I could use him on my LKali team. I guess if I paired him with my Trunks (80x attack and changes wood to water) that would work well.

Congrats on Hypermax Liu Bei - i hope we get the 3x normals event soon as well.
Yeah attempting Mythical outside of events seems to be the safer route...even now with the Chinese Gods invades, Lets see when we get them here.
3x makes things much easier, but it is still a lot of time farming. There is no 3x during the current event, so I've been running the coin dungeons. Not really going for plus eggs, hoping for a flampy. No sign of them though. At least the experience is okay and the monsters are high level so they give good experience when levelling up my other characters.

Outside of events applies to the fat king as well sometimes, I believe. (correct me if I'm wrong) If you want to avoid him then run that particular descend outside of events.
Personally I like the fat king as I can take him out easily with Vegito, hehe.

Is there any active skill in the game that changes the board to Kirin's colors specifically? Fire/Water/Wood/Light? Because I know Durga/UY have potential subs that change the board to their exact colors.

yami4ct

Is there any active skill in the game that changes the board to Kirin's colors specifically? Fire/Water/Wood/Light? Because I know Durga/UY have potential subs that change the board to their exact colors.

Just took a look to make sure and nope. Closest you get is L.Kali and change out the Dark. Definitely one of her weaknesses.

razterik

Outside of events applies to the fat king as well sometimes, I believe. (correct me if I'm wrong) If you want to avoid him then run that particular descend outside of events.
Personally I like the fat king as I can take him out easily with Vegito, hehe.

Fat metal is just random. Pretty sure he appears outside events at the same rate.

Done. Two stones on Hera-Is. Once when she stole hearts made by Lakshmi twice in a row. Another when she survived a two row burst with a tiny sliver of health. Not the best for a hypermax team, but had to save Golem for Gran. Don't have the pulls to abuse Awoken Egyptians like everyone else, but this worked okay.

Jagernaut

After failing challenge Lv 7 with a Ronia team I decided to use Awoken Bastet for the first time and aced it. The power is incredible and only my friend Bastet was +297, the rest have only 1 or pluses. Everyone was max skilled except my Bastet, I'm using my woodpys on Awoken Parvati first. I blew up Ra with a 7 combo through his defense and finished off Mejdra with a 8 combo (thanks to practicing with Path & Decision app) after his leader switch expired. My Awoken Parvati has only 1 skill up so I used my other Parvati.

Now I'm sitting on 4 Bubpys and I'm not sure I want to use them on Awoken Lakshmi.

I can't clear challenge 9 with my Awoken Ra team. Perhaps I'm getting some bad boards but I'm not outputting enough damage. On a single two prong my LKali and Valk are outputting close to 2 million Light damage combined. My Ra needs more plus eggs and with no 2-prong he isn't hitting for nearly as much. I think I'm probably outputting close to ~5.5 million damage. But that's not enough when some of those monsters have 6+ million heath. I definitely need some more power. Plus eggs should help a great deal.

Ducarmel

Did 3 pulls for hunter X Hunter

2 golds and a silver

Killua
Chrollo Lucilfer
Kite

edit: wow that is a big jump if true 7.8->8.0

My Shiva, Mei Mei, Haku mats are not ready yet

Kreed

LOL my wording is bad there, I meant for you to farm/get one. Keep in mind though that PAD occassionally will switch evo item skills so that they can be used to skill up other monsters, so Blue Mask won't always have the turn delay skill.

The main benefit of skilling up monsters is it takes less turns for their moves to activate. This is valuable in dungeons where you don't have much time to wait for skills to activate and/or you need to use the same skill on multiple floors.

However while monsters like Gigas share the same skills with easy to obtain fodder/dunegons where skill up monsters are easy to obtain, Echidna's skill is only shared with other Echidna evolution forms. So depending on how lucky/unlucky you are, skilling up Echidna will be one of the longest/grueling tasks you'll deal with in this game (the game does have 100% skill up monsters now, but I wouldn't recommend using these on Echidna unless your luck is just plain horrible). But she works on just about every team in the game and on any boss that doesn't have status immunity so it's well worth it. What you'll be waiting for specifically is the special Echidna dungeon that runs during events from time to time (x2 drop is preferred), where Echidna is the final boss/random echidnas show up between levels.

Top Bottom