• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jonsoncao

Banned
Rushed dinner and got 55 mins for SVL.
57 runs, 91 plusses.
1.59 per run, better than last time's 1.45.

Really hope we could get multiple SVs in one day after the update.

damisa

I'm still looking for a chain. Usually run ronia, athena for farming and lkali for descended. I also have A.Bastet, A.horus, Shiva and Lu Bu

Sounds like a good match with me. Anyone else looking for a best friend who uses these gods so we can form a 3 person chain?

Spoit

Padx showing a riders carnival in 2 days. You guys were talking about not having any despite playing for a long time well here's your chance lol.

I wouldn't roll unless it overlaps with a God fest. Phoenix rider does seem like a great sub tho.

I don't think carnivals ever overlap with GFs, only galas

razterik

Really hope we could get multiple SVs in one day after the update.

Doubtful. But they should cycle through faster? Maybe weekly or ten days instead of biweekly. It's moot as soon as 3x normals appears anyway. Whenever that happens.

I don't think carnivals ever overlap with GFs, only galas

They do all the time, just never in NA cause they hate us. I think it only happened once here.

3x riders would be really tempting. JP was only 2x for a couple different riders when they were introduced. Phoenix rider is probably worth it, but there's so much junk that could come instead. Maybe I will try a couple rolls and see if I get lucky. Regret post incoming, haha.

Got 72 plus eggs over 48 runs of Star Vault. Poor rates, but I don't care since it was enough to +297 Shiva. Gimme Grimoires now. I want to bait more BFs with a hypermax, heh.

Rixa

Hehee, I was trolled so much. Now Iam laughing to it, last night I wasnt so happy.

Last night I was already on bed and decide to do one more run before going to sleep (doing team challenges for Gems). Ofc I didnt notice that I get rank increase after finishing dungeon...

So I was tired and got full STA bar. "Quick something to burn STA", oh yeah lets test this 40 STA Fire Cat.

First 4 stages no problem, Friend Grodin (Thanks a lot cw_sasuke!) keeps my HP up.
Then comes the 5th stage and what a surprise it is (never done this before)...

Steadily grinding HP down with my team (see below)

Screenshot_2015-07-21-23-45-35.png

^^ Some turns later, I start to curse starts. The fucker uses skill "Munchking Diet" (or something) and boom his HP is full. Oh well I decide to try again to drop its health and see if he makes that skill again at around 50% hp left.

Yep, you guessed right, ofc he does it. This is enough, I quit battle and start sleeping, Time it took to make those fight (1 before rank increase and that I quitted) was about 45 minutes. If Iam not wrong you need burst damage to kill that enemy? Take it to about 55% and kill it in one go, or one shot it.

This games keeps giving surprises to me :D.

They do all the time, just never in NA cause they hate us. I think it only happened once here.

3x riders would be really tempting. JP was only 2x for a couple different riders when they were introduced. Phoenix rider is probably worth it, but there's so much junk that could come instead. Maybe I will try a couple rolls and see if I get lucky. Regret post incoming, haha.

Got 72 plus eggs over 48 runs of Star Vault. Poor rates, but I don't care since it was enough to +297 Shiva. Gimme Grimoires now. I want to bait more BFs with a hypermax, heh.

I remember the tears from people pulling a godfest during a PadZ carnival.

I'd love me some new rider, mostly Unicorn Rider and Phoenix rider. I could almost make a healer prong team with the new light rider, Ilia and light Zhuge.

Ducarmel

Quick quest: which Ultimate Evolution foir Meimei? Doumyou Guardian Genbu, Meimei has better stats and more Awaken Skills, but Underworld Protector Genbu, Meimei has an easier Leader Skill to activate (since Heal Orbs can be used to that purpose). And I'm no where near unlocking Awoken Meimei, so that option is off the table. Thoughts?

(That being said, I can't make a team with her, I don't have the right subs).

Why exactly you cant go for the awoken form?

anyway GL Meimei is obviously better. The only situation I can see for GD Meimei is because you need a full board changer for a devil team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Woooohooo Awoken Hades get - finally :-D
Should feel right at home on my GZL team.

....also about to hypermax Verdandi, only a couple eggs left.

@JP_PaD Players

I read a while ago that Jewels can be used to skill up Awoken Chinese Gods in JPN....did that happen when you guys got Awoken Meimei or later ? Because if its about to happen here as well i might wait until the change before evolving Meimei.

anyway GL Meimei is obviously better. The only situation I can see for GD Meimei is because you need a full board changer for a devil team.

I would assume that he doesnt have the Jewels yet or cant beat Zhao Yun and/or GYP. If the evolution is a mayor step up like it is for Awoken Meimei i would even stones to get the evo materials.

Thats one advantage of playing the western version - we have more time to gather evo materials for new units.

Nohar

I don't have Guan Yinping nor Zhao Yun (didn't unlock their dungeons either, assuming their dungeons aren't a limited-time offer), I'm only a rank 76 player who has been playing for 2 months or so and I struggle to even create a decent regular team (I try playing a mono-fire team, but orbs aren't kind to me; I did unlock Demon Slaying Goddess, Durga though, so maybe I should try to learn to use her instead).

Thank you for your advice.

Also looking for a best friend triangle if any of the previous people didnt manage to finish their group. I run A bastet beez dandi and a couple of other leads.

@JP_PaD Players

I read a while ago that Jewels can be used to skill up Awoken Chinese Gods in JPN....did that happen when you guys got Awoken Meimei or later ? Because if its about to happen here as well i might wait until the change before evolving Meimei.
I'm a bit confused about this. Does the AS have to match the pre uvo monster or the post uvo monster? Cause I saw someone mention that we should awaken Meimei before the jewels change skills.

jay23

Does anyone here have a Max skilled awoken Ra they could put up? I want to clear Wednesday mythical for the stone.

id: 323,833,337

smbu2000

Tried the third stage of the Descend Carnival 3 times and finally got another Medjedra to drop. Now I have all the materials I need to make my Awoken Isis. Just need to evolve them. I've already made A.Horus/A.Bastet/A.Ra/A.Anubis on my iPhone. Isis is the last one I need to do.

Congrats on Kita...one of my favorite HxH characters.
Just having another source of getting +eggs more or less consistent is all we need here - sure time is always an issue but outside of events there isnt much else to do anyway for me. Though farming evo materials outside of events will be more attractive now with the standard 2x drop rate.
Yes, that was a nice change and it makes getting things much easier from the weekday dungeons. 3x normal dungeons plus drops is a great addition for gathering plus eggs. Still takes time, but well worth it in the long run.

Fat metal is just random. Pretty sure he appears outside events at the same rate.
Ah, I didn't know that. I thought that I had read before that they only appear in certain dungeons during events.

@JP_PaD Players

I would assume that he doesnt have the Jewels yet or cant beat Zhao Yun and/or GYP. If the evolution is a mayor step up like it is for Awoken Meimei i would even stones to get the evo materials.

Thats one advantage of playing the western version - we have more time to gather evo materials for new units.
Not all of the Chinese gods came out at the same time. I think they might've changed them once the Awoken form was released for that color. I seem to remember the dark orb changing skills once Awoken Haku was released. The same for Karin and the blue orb.

I'm a bit confused about this. Does the AS have to match the pre uvo monster or the post uvo monster? Cause I saw someone mention that we should awaken Meimei before the jewels change skills.
Allegedly this loophole has been fixed and you cannot skillup the Chinese girls on busty no matter which skill is on the orbs.

Still works if the skill remains the same pre-and post- uvo though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Allegedly this loophole has been fixed and you cannot skillup the Chinese girls on busty no matter which skill is on the orbs.

Still works if the skill remains the same pre-and post- uvo though.
Hmm..okay i guess that means there is no benefit in waiting Awoken Meimei....well cant have it all - still good to know that i can use her asap.

Her RCV sucks though...im thinking of saving up RCV +eggs just for her, i wont ever Hypermax her but at least help on the RCV part.
Tried the third stage of the Descend Carnival 3 times and finally got another Medjedra to drop. Now I have all the materials I need to make my Awoken Isis. Just need to evolve them. I've already made A.Horus/A.Bastet/A.Ra/A.Anubis on my iPhone. Isis is the last one I need to do.

Yes, that was a nice change and it makes getting things much easier from the weekday dungeons. 3x normal dungeons plus drops is a great addition for gathering plus eggs. Still takes time, but well worth it in the long run.

Ah, I didn't know that. I thought that I had read before that they only appear in certain dungeons during events.

Not all of the Chinese gods came out at the same time. I think they might've changed them once the Awoken form was released for that color. I seem to remember the dark orb changing skills once Awoken Haku was released. The same for Karin and the blue orb.

All puzzle pieces in place for Awoken Isis - really nice. I think working on Awoken Gods is one of the most rewarding part of PaD, couple months ago when i saw Awoken Hades i thought i would never be able to get even on Awoken units. Now i have Awoken Ra, Hades and Bastet - feels good. A. Isis will be perfect on your A.Ra team.

Next to max skilling +egging is definitely the one variable that makes a mayor difference between being able to clear tougher content or not. It takes a while to farm everything...but when you start have a team with multiple +eggs distributed between them you really feel the difference. Its just can be difficult which unit to +egg considering how tough it can be to farm them....3x normal will definitely open up +egging to more people.

Yeah as Cosmo Clock said - doesnt really seem to matter for the Awakening Process of the Chinese Gods because they cant be skilled up that way. Dont think i will ever use Jewels to skill up units...they are just too rare.

xCobalt

Sounds like a good match with me. Anyone else looking for a best friend who uses these gods so we can form a 3 person chain?

I'm down. I usually run Kirin, Ronia/Beelze, and Awoken Lakshmi. Will probably run with Awoken Shiva too once he's available.

ID: 356,137,283

Its fun playing the guessing game of "which piece of mail contains the jewel I want". I never remember which order I completed the challenges, so I'm just hoping I open the one I need.

Negator

Is there any precedent in which order certain paragons get ult evo/awoken evos? It seems really strange that Egyptian 2 gods barely have anything.

zoku88

Is there any precedent in which order certain paragons get ult evo/awoken evos? It seems really strange that Egyptian 2 gods barely have anything.

Egyptian 2 is one of the newest pantheons. The next US update (maybe the one tomorrow), should have their first round of ultimates.

So, awoken egyption seems pretty far away.

razterik

Generally ultimates come in order of pantheon release, although two different pantheons can be interspersed during reveals. I think Egypt 2 is next for ultimates? So maybe we will start to see them on the 24th during the JP stream.

Awokens seem to be released based on card relevance, but it's more random than that. But so far no REM Awoken forms have come before a card had first and second ultimates. Second (or split) ultimates don't follow a predictable release that I know of.

Ducarmel

Anyone looking for a 3 person best friend chain?

I have or will have soon: awoken Bastet, Shiva, Horus

I can also use Ronia, Lu bu, LKali, Kirin as leaders

I have a bunch of niche leaders like awoken Venus also

I'm still looking for a chain. Usually run ronia, athena for farming and lkali for descended. I also have A.Bastet, A.horus, Shiva and Lu Bu

you guys have a third yet?

my friend id

jay23

Almost died because of the shitty target system, I still can't believe how bad it is. This has to be on the top of the list of things to fix.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo

*Runic Enchantment*
[Duration]: 7/24 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 8/2 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

A whispered charm, a prayer, a promise--the smallest words can bring us courage in our darkest hours.

Stand firm! These enchantments are here to guide your way! For this event, a 3x chance for +Eggs to appear in Normal Dungeons is available!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
7/24 - 8/2 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Monsters in the Hills
It’s not just a mere ogre or a rock troll. What comes from the mountainside might drive you from the village!

7/24 - 7/25 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
7/26 - 7/27 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
7/28 - 7/29 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
7/30 - 7/31 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*

■③ Patrons of Magic
In caves in the forest, or in oceanside cliffs, you never know what wondrous beings you might find. Be careful not to disturb them!

7/25 - 7/27 - Scarlet Snake Princess
7/31 - 8/2 - Shadow Sprite

■④ Special Event Content
Beware the Black Beast and those that follow him.

7/31 - 8/2 - ????????????

■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 7/24 to 8/2!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
7/24 - Beelzebub Descended!
7/25 - The Thief Descended!
7/25 - Guan Yinping!
7/26 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
7/26 - Zhao Yun Descended!
7/27 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
7/28 - Kaguya-Hime!
7/29 - The Goddess Descended!
7/30 - Hera-Is Descended!
7/31 - Sphinx Descended!
8/1 - Satan Descended!
8/2 - Sonia Gran Descended!

■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
7/24 - 8/2 - Rare Evo Carnival

Dungeon Bonus:
3x chance for +Eggs to appear in Normal Dungeons [extends until 8/3 (Mon), 12:00 PM PDT]
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons (Now Permanent!)
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

new decended probably amir

yami4ct

3x normals. Bout time! Hopefully they stay a regular thing and this isn't GungHo US trolling us.

We're continuing onto Amir already? Wouldn't this be a good time to back and pick up Zeus & Hera? Hmmm. Hope they don't take too long getting them in. They seem pretty damn useful for the upcoming Pii Hell technical. Replaceable, sure, but I still want them.

razterik

So we're still missing 2x coins? Wonder why.

Happy for 3x normals! Have to buy a pack of stones finally. Farming plus eggs till my eyes bleed and farming more, whoo.

Rider carnival looks like it doesn't include Phoenix now. Complete bust, not pulling. Thanks for saving me, GungHo!

Rixa

Wow, nice event. My monster box is almost full (129/130) and 31 of them are max leveled Pengdras of differrent colours. Waiting for Dragon Plants & event to start.

Few questions:

I did read somewhere that during some PAL event, PAL pulls are 500 points instead of normal 200? So are the PAL pulls now 200 or more FP? I dont have many PAL pts, tho been saving them this week (2265 atm).

Can we expect Godfest after this rare evo carnival event? Going to make some pulls then and hope for best (Ill post pics of the stuff I get, so you can laugh how I was trolled) :D.

I did read somewhere that during some PAL event, PAL pulls are 500 points instead of normal 200? So are the PAL pulls now 200 or more FP? I dont have many PAL pts, tho been saving them this week (2265 atm).

Can we expect Godfest after this rare evo carnival event? Going to make some pulls then and hope for best (Ill post pics of the stuff I get, so you can laugh how I was trolled) :D.
Regular PAL machine usually has "better" rates for evo materials during events - cost is still 200 pts/pull. Occasionally (this coming event happens to have it), there will be a separate PAL that only gives evo mats for 500 pts/pull. This is your best bet for getting rare evo mats without all the work.

Godfest should be on the 31st and 1st.

coy

TFW you spend a mil for a dungeon with a full stam bar without realizing a maintenance update is supposed to happen.

The event looks nice but gah I feel stupid as hell.

Top Bottom